AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-25, 03:55   Link #481
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
where the hell did that baby come from....masaka....

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 07:52   Link #482
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

finished the anime two days ago ..but what having a baby at that age O_o
I loved Michiko Character
Old 2009-03-25, 11:50   Link #483
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
where the hell did that baby come from....
If I had to guess, I'd say from a man with the same kind of personality and attitudes as Hiroshi.

What I'd like to know is who kept Michiko's bike in such good shape during all the years she was in jail...?
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 17:40   Link #484
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
What I'd like to know is who kept Michiko's bike in such good shape during all the years she was in jail...?
I'm guessing it was Atsuko.
qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 21:33   Link #485
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Wow, brilliant ending. I was wondering what kind of ending would they go for, because for all it was worth, the ending looked pretty grim, and I was pretty afraid they would pull out a bullshit move midways through the last episode, with Hiroshi's attitude and all.

But I loved it. Best series of 2008 (a particularly not-so-prolific year in the good anime department), by far.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 22:43   Link #486
karumofin

i must say overall im happy with the series. it was NOT a lot of things i wanted it to be, but in the end what it provided may be just as valuable.
completely non cliche mature characters all the way through, experimental storytelling, amazing soundtrack, yeah im happy.
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 19:39   Link #487
NickelXenon

This anime turned out differently than I'd thought. The baby kind of startled me but Hatchin looked kind of young to be having a baby...
NickelXenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 19:42   Link #488
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickelXenon View Post
This anime turned out differently than I'd thought. The baby kind of startled me but Hatchin looked kind of young to be having a baby...
Well, young people are having babies all the time in parts of the world like those portrayed (quite effectively) in M&H.
qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 20:05   Link #489
NickelXenon

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmeister View Post
Well, young people are having babies all the time in parts of the world like those portrayed (quite effectively) in M&H.
That's true, but something about Hatchin having babies creeped me out. Maybe it's because she still looked like a little girl to me. >_<
NickelXenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 09:15   Link #490
Pachael
原作通り

LTTP: But it was good. Didn't like some of the chapters in the middle, but it was part of a journey which had good payoff at the end.
Pachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 12:14   Link #491
v1cious

does anyone know the name of the song at the end of the last episode?
v1cious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 13:38   Link #492
reverse

good series

my only problem is the ending ( it just borderline of happy ending )
last minute change from director . happy ending does sell better than bad one
reverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 13:46   Link #493
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse View Post
good series

my only problem is the ending ( it just borderline of happy ending )
last minute change from director . happy ending does sell better than bad one
it was a kind of a compromise. a real happy ending would have been Michiko+hirochi+hatchiko escaping together. It was a realistic ending though. Michiko must have escaped again because there is not way she only got 5 years of jail for all the stuff she did.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 20:41   Link #494
karumofin

well shit, second OST is here and still not all tracks on it... will there actually be a third one?
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 05:29   Link #495
juss
KANAME SENPAIIIIII!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post

But I loved it. Best series of 2008 (a particularly not-so-prolific year in the good anime department), by far.
I nearly didn't watch this, but boy am I glad that I did - I ended up blitzing through it. Agreed on it being the best series of 2008, although I thought there were other strong shows. Kaiba was stellar in particular and I was very impressed with Macross Frontier, actually.
juss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 08:09   Link #496
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I loved this series. Being brazillian myself, I enjoyed watching the little idiosyncratic bits they managed to get right, and was amused by what they got wrong. On the whole, it was a very nice effort.

The only thing that didn't particularly move me was the ending: No explanation of Michiko's fate (did she run away from prison? Was she released?) and the mushy last scene. Anyway, it didn't detract all that much from the whole.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 22:26   Link #497
ACGalaga

Send a message via AIM to ACGalaga
Finally finished the series. Waited a bit because I was afraid to let the series end.

Did anyone else notice that in Episode 21, when Satoshi and Hatchin are waiting to meet the boss of the town, the room they're waiting in is the exact same room as the warehouse in Reservoir Dogs. Pretty cool reference!

I enjoyed this series a lot! Only series I enjoyed from last season.
ACGalaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 05:06   Link #498
Alchemist007
*Author

The series as a whole is superb. That being said, I think towards the end it started getting a bit slow. The ending was a disappointment for me in most respects. After that much unrealistic bullet dodging and luck, a slice of life ending is crap. Hiroshi turns out to be just some guy, yet all this time the two girls have been busting their asses looking for him. Then he ends up going off to who the hell gives a crap anymore. Hatchin having a baby was just BS I say. Not to mention Michiko was only just starting motherhood and now is a grandma? Blasphemy. Though I was kinda confused with the Atsuko relationship. I sorta felt a tang of lesbian emmenating from Atsuko, either that or I'm just really confused by her apparent masochistic relationship with Michiko. But the action and comedy were great so overall I like it.

Series: 9/10

Oh I'll make my own ending for the hell of it. Most of all that happens but after the time skip, Hatchin and Hiroshi are living together, she's going to school or something. No baby. She's walking home one day and hears the faint motorcycle by the horizon. Then they all live together as a happy family

Last edited by Alchemist007; 2009-05-16 at 06:00.
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 09:16   Link #499
signorRossi

Come on, there should have been more things similiar to the fact that Hatchin was a mother at the end while waiting for Michiko in this series and it would have been a lot better. Hiroshi not living up to the expectations of both was fine too and also the way Satoshi was killed was great (it was funny that he had the same delusions of Hiroshi Michiko had ).
The completely slow episode with the boy with amnesia was good, the other one with Atsuko and the girl not and so forth... The whole series was like this, one episode good, the next completely bad. The creators just couln't make up their mind in which direction to go completely, which is a pity, IMHO.
signorRossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 10:59   Link #500
Kiavik

Quote:
Originally Posted by signorRossi View Post
Come on, there should have been more things similiar to the fact that Hatchin was a mother at the end while waiting for Michiko in this series and it would have been a lot better. Hiroshi not living up to the expectations of both was fine too and also the way Satoshi was killed was great (it was funny that he had the same delusions of Hiroshi Michiko had ).
The completely slow episode with the boy with amnesia was good, the other one with Atsuko and the girl not and so forth... The whole series was like this, one episode good, the next completely bad. The creators just couln't make up their mind in which direction to go completely, which is a pity, IMHO.
That's just your opinion though. I didnt find any episode to be bad.
Kiavik is offline   Reply With Quote