AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-15, 09:43   Link #61
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

My... God...

Is this seriously how they intend to animate this? I know AIC can pull out some pretty amazing things but this.... they better not run out of budget halfway through.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 09:51   Link #62
Kakkou
Tch.

Aniplex budget and noitaminA slot will hopefully give it the fundings needed to sustain that beautiful quality. Dear god, that watercolour style sure is something else from what's been done before. This is definitely one of my most expected shows of the next season.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 10:02   Link #63
Falkor

the visuals are simply gorgeous!

I was a bit surprised by the rush of emotions in the PV. wasn't the story supposed to be more subdue from what I remember? hopefully they are not overdoing the drama a bit too much.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 11:33   Link #64
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I really liked what I saw in the new trailer so I'm pretty excited for this (same manga-ka as Aoi Hana+noitaminA+possibly exploring gender issues? I think I'm in heaven....). It feels a bit early to be asking but does anyone know the start date for it?
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 11:40   Link #65
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
It feels a bit early to be asking but does anyone know the start date for it?
second week of January, probably.
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 12:31   Link #66
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Often, the noitamina title air in the middle or the end of each month season.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 12:38   Link #67
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Wow those are some beautiful watercolors. I only hope this can be kept up for the entire series. Plus the voice work doesn't down that stiff, and the piano piece delivers. This adaptation could work after all.
Old 2010-11-15, 12:54   Link #68
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
My... God...

Is this seriously how they intend to animate this? I know AIC can pull out some pretty amazing things but this.... they better not run out of budget halfway through.
First thing I thought of. Looks too good. Can't possibly keep the level of detail and animation through out unless it has a big budget.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 14:27   Link #69
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I thought the second PV was great. The slightly more saturated look (than Aoi Hana) is fine with me. The thirteen-year-old boy playing the lead got it right on, for me.

To be honest, much as I like what I understand of it, the manga confuses me, so I keep picking it up and putting it down. I hope the anime simplifies the story a bit. I have some confidence in the lead writer, Okada Mari (true tears, many episodes of Simoun, Otome Youkai Zakuro). Not sure yet about the director, Aoki Ei (Girls Bravo, Kara no Kyoukai 1, Ga-rei Zero).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 14:28   Link #70
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
the manga confuses me
How so, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 2010-11-15, 17:20   Link #71
kyouray
2D > 3D

This second PV sure looks nice.
Visuals are interesting and animation is very lively : that's really beyond my expectations since AIC was confirmed (and Ei Aoki as director helps too).
Old 2010-11-15, 18:03   Link #72
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
the visuals are simply gorgeous!

I was a bit surprised by the rush of emotions in the PV. wasn't the story supposed to be more subdue from what I remember? hopefully they are not overdoing the drama a bit too much.
The second PV looks incredible, too good to be true even. It's like...5cm quality in some spots. I have doubts they can keep that up for the whole run, but if they can hey please do!

About the drama, the overall story is subdued but they just cherry picked some of the more dramatic parts in the early chapters. Chiba was featured pretty often in the trailer and in the beginning she's...um, quite the character. Don't really want to spoil anything but her personality creates quite a bit of friction.
Old 2010-11-15, 19:17   Link #73
FireChick

You're so right! The art looks amazing! Plus I love the logo design. All rainbowy and flowery.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 01:43   Link #74
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I thought the second PV was great. The slightly more saturated look (than Aoi Hana) is fine with me. The thirteen-year-old boy playing the lead got it right on, for me.
Wow, a real live boy in a lead role on a TV anime? That's a rare thing indeed - has it even happened since Naoto Adachi's bravura performance in Seirei no Moribito?

That 2nd PV really is something. The Noitamina has been on lately and with this and Fractale coming up, one can't help but be optimistic.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 16:34   Link #75
Simon
気持ち悪い

Wow, there's so much to like here. I adored Aoi Hana, the writer's credentials give me great hope for a respectful treatment of the story, and to the director's credit I wound up liking Ga-Rei Zero more than I expected, despite only picking it up as a Minorin fanboy blinded by the awesomeness that is Paradise Lost. The PV just cements this show's place at the top of my must-watch list.

So I thought what I'd do is take a look at the manga (volume 11 is out December 24, btw), but according to Amazon the early volumes are out of print. Does anyone know if they're planning a re-release to tie in with the anime?

Spoiler for Off-topic:
Old 2010-11-17, 17:53   Link #76
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Does anyone know if they're planning a re-release to tie in with the anime?
I'd be surprised if that didn't happen.

Have you tried browsing on other Japanese online sites? Amazon.jp can't be the only one that would stock the volumes.
Old 2010-11-18, 06:04   Link #77
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The visuals are indeed stunning, but the musical piece used in the trailer is also worthy of praises. Count me as another one doubtful they'll be able to maintain this quality, but we'll see...
Old 2010-11-18, 14:29   Link #78
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Have you tried browsing on other Japanese online sites? Amazon.jp can't be the only one that would stock the volumes.
Mangaoh claim to have them all in stock, and yeah I've occasionally considered switching to them - they seem pretty international-friendly and I think their shipping would be cheaper than Amazon's, especially for small orders. Besides from laziness, all that's holding me back is Amazon's DVD discounts which help offset the shipping.

Not that I was planning to buy any more R2s for a while (going back to Uni is good for the soul but bad for the wallet), but it saddens me to read here that the Aoi Hana anime was a commerical flop. So if this show lives up to its early promise I can see myself parting with a few yen to support it
Old 2010-11-19, 03:51   Link #79
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

I really want to watch this it looks interesting plus that art style is rather unique and pleasing to the eye.

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 00:26   Link #80
Simon
気持ち悪い

Wallpapers GET!

(And while I'm posting, Mangaoh are also waiting for vol 1 to be reprinted, but at least 2-10 are on their way to me... I guess that'll cover the middle school arc, which is what it looks like the anime will adapt.)

Tags
coming of age, drama, genderbender, noitamina, school life, seinen