AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-02-06, 04:31   Link #4661
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

'Mage only world' this reminds me of Shaman King and 'shaman only kingdom'
Old 2011-02-06, 05:03   Link #4662
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It reminds -me- of Harry Potter Honestly though, it's a very weak motive, to purge the world of weakness? I've seen this only 41 more times...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 08:34   Link #4663
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Zeref just got his ass kicked in just one chapter? LOL, ok...
Old 2011-02-06, 08:43   Link #4664
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

^ Not in just one chapter but in one page He was acting like he could crash her with his thoughts alone. But in next page he was on the ground and even pleading
Old 2011-02-06, 09:12   Link #4665
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

You'd think with him almost killing Natsu and co with that death wind this would be no problem.
Old 2011-02-06, 09:17   Link #4666
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Another thing worries me...Ultear said she's the eldest of the 7 kin, but that means she's older than Caprico! Talk about old That, and beating Zeref off-screen.
Old 2011-02-06, 09:28   Link #4667
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Zeref just got his ass kicked in just one chapter? LOL, ok...
wait... the only reason why he got pwned was because he's in sleeping mode, right? let's wait and see what happens when he awaken his power back up...
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 09:31   Link #4668
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The problem is that his sleeping mode is a bloody death field, and he lost to a human with no dragon trinkets to absorb it...
Old 2011-02-06, 09:42   Link #4669
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

it's a shame... so much for the ultimate mage and maybe I expected too much from him thinking that he can handle all that suppressed magic power with ease or maybe it's fluctuating, who knows.
Old 2011-02-06, 09:44   Link #4670
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

We don't yet know how overpowered Ultear is...
Old 2011-02-06, 09:52   Link #4671
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

maybe so or maybe we're giving her way too much credit just because she had done the impossible. I'm just saying.
Old 2011-02-06, 11:58   Link #4672
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Is it strange that out of everything that happened in this chapter, the main 'image' I got was Ultear holding a Pokeball over her head and screaming, "I got Zeref!"

He's a Dark-type.
Old 2011-02-06, 12:08   Link #4673
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
the main 'image' I got was Ultear holding a Pokeball over her head and screaming, "I got Zeref!"
Gotta catch em' all!
Old 2011-02-06, 12:29   Link #4674
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
I'm highly attempted to agree with Ultear beating Zeref as some sort of weak point in the manga. True, we don't see what she would have done (perhaps having some sort of anti-zeref magic or trinket), but that smacks of bad writing. It really feels like horribly bending the situation to fit the needs of the plot:

"Oops, I made Zeref too powerful, and yet I need him to be captured by GH somehow..."

All I can say is, there better be some awesome explaining about this later. Perhaps when Ultear finally fights a member of Fairy Tail, and we can actually see the application of her magic in full combat.

On other notes... Natsu appears badly injured, which makes sense considering he shut down his own magic to take in flames that are not normally his type. Interesting that his blackened scarf may be the cause of it?

Makarov... old dude still kicking? After throwing up so many death flags? I wonder if he burnt out his magic, which is why he feels he's going to pass things on to Laxus. Wendy is there, so she could technically heal him, thus it seems like he's going to survive. Hmmm... we'll see.

Elfman and Evergreen made me lol. Seriously, I'm really beginning to like them as a couple. I'm not normally a shipper, but I must admit I'm really looking forward to them eventually getting together.

Caprico still kicking all their asses? I really want to see that fight to see why he's doing so well, especially since Loke is supposed to be the spirit of battle.

Lastly, the magic world thing... part of me wonders if Hades has only told his kin a half-truth. It may be a magic world he's creating, but the kind may not be a part of it. If, say, there once was this dark world, filled with demons who used magic, and somehow man came along, and ended up stealing all the demons' power for themselves, it would fit. Thus, Hades seeks to return all the magic and recreate the demon world for some reason. In such a world, the kin might exist, but be slaves of the demons. However, I don't think it's this simple, either.

Although I agree that, on the face of it, recreating a world where only magic users can exist is a plot point that has been used many times before, I can't help but think we're still not getting the full truth. Time will tell.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 14:04   Link #4675
haegar
mangaviking

Man what a weird chapter. Sometime ago apparently gramps was near death and yet has magically healed himself enough to be ok before Wendy ever arrived. How convenient. And I'd have much preferred if Wendy's healing magic hadn't worked cause of Natsu swallowing the Godflame rather than due to the blackened Mufler. And if Zeref's magic is so damn persistent to stop healing magic on Natsu hours later it makes it al the more believable that Ultear beat him just like that, neh?! This is overkill. She used to be a nice sexy evil character. Then she had to start wearing that stupid spandex - and now she's running around owning Zeref. -.- . ya sure. must be the sexsuit.

The Elfman x Evileyes part was fun though
Old 2011-02-06, 14:05   Link #4676
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Another thing worries me...Ultear said she's the eldest of the 7 kin, but that means she's older than Caprico! Talk about old That, and beating Zeref off-screen.
Errr, that might just mean that she's the oldest member you know, seniority in rank and all that. Which also suggests I suppose that she's likely the most powerful of all of them.
Old 2011-02-06, 19:27   Link #4677
tarachi
Observer

Eldest of the 7 kin? Time magic = youthful self , also hoping she used a special anti-zeref trick.
tarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 19:31   Link #4678
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Her magic can't work on the living, though. At least, that's what was said. Maybe she can use it to affect herself, but we'll see.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 22:12   Link #4679
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Uh...seriously? Ultear just defeated the ultimate black mage of legend? Really?

Even in a "sleeping state" given what we've seen he should have been able to wipe the forest floor with her. I'm hoping they explain that she had some sort of special precaution or as other folks have said, it'll just be bad writing.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 23:12   Link #4680
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Sorry to come here unprepared, but I wonder if I should continue reading Fairy Tail. Got the first chapter so far. What do you think of it? How good is it in comparison to Bleach, Naruto, One Piece etc.?
Is it worth reading?

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen