AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-06-28, 01:08   Link #321
Sai Feng
Yo-poko! O_O

Da! Aaaaaadadadadadadadada!

Baby BL going Hokuto no Ken mode was hilarious. Too bad he end up losing in just a simple way. xD
Sai Feng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 04:39   Link #322
Vree

Why did this have to turn into a fighting manga? The first few chapters were truly good laugh-out-loud comedy, but it had turned into something standard. I really liked this series in the beginning but I guess the author ran out of fuel and decided to stick with the safe and tried. Too bad, I had high hopes.
Vree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 05:58   Link #323
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
What?! We got some serious fighting in Beelzebub? Did I skip a chapter or something?!
Old 2009-06-28, 07:44   Link #324
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vree View Post
Why did this have to turn into a fighting manga? The first few chapters were truly good laugh-out-loud comedy, but it had turned into something standard. I really liked this series in the beginning but I guess the author ran out of fuel and decided to stick with the safe and tried. Too bad, I had high hopes.
Read Bakuman for further insight
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 11:05   Link #325
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vree View Post
It isn't a fighting manga, none of the characters got special moves or battle tactics and stuff like that. Fighting is inserted as a key for the plot to progress and as a way to display a character's position in relation to the others. I don't think this will turn into an actual fighting manga either, gags rule over violence.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 02:04   Link #326
SkoolRumble4Ya

My favorite new manga! Those other group play dirty just because they can't take out Oga but Oga is just too damn strong.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 04:35   Link #327
Mentar
Banned

Well, I have difficulties seeing Oga physically harm Aoi seriously. So I guess that either Hilda will remove the MK5 plugs one more time (would be hilarious), or Nene will get the message over some other way.

In any way, poor Aoi. Once she learns the truth, she'll feel indebted to Oga. Which I don't mind, since I think she's about to become my favorite character in the show, and the more we get to see from her the better ^_^
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 16:09   Link #328
SkoolRumble4Ya

Yeah I doubt Oga will harm Aoi. Aoi is an awesome character!
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 20:41   Link #329
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

I doubt this will become fighting manga too. As long as baby Beel is there, I doubt anyone could beat Oga in serious fight, so going to the fighting manga path is a big no or the series will just end up become a massacre by Oga and Hilda :P.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 21:03   Link #330
Who

Especially since baby Beel has unofficially become Oga's meatshield (well, when he's trying to force him onto other people anyway). :]
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 21:37   Link #331
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 22:10   Link #332
Jze0
Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesie View Post
Woah! Some of those images look awesome, especially the third one with Aoi, she looks badass. I think I'll save that one to my HD. *saves*
Old 2009-06-30, 17:39   Link #333
Vree

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
Read Bakuman for further insight
That's what i was thinking, too XD

I mean, you can virtually see the them sitting with the editor going "C'mon! This will be going into Jump! Add more fights!"

(or maybe you were referring to some other missed reference, I don't know)

And I do think that the...genre has shifted drastically after the first five chapters.
I mean, try to read the first chapter again and compare the number of jokes. It's bloody brilliant in that respect. There's a memorable gag every two seconds.
NOW they take up but a small fraction of each chapter but even worse, the fights are suddenly taken dead seriously and it's all like, "I won't forgive you!" and "I won't let you down!" and oh great, ANOTHER group of though-looking enemies, C'MON! I've seen all this before! Give me something new!

Maybe I'm just sour that it didn't turned out to be my kind of manga. Too bad.
Vree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 20:35   Link #334
ZODDGUTS

The worst thing that could happen if the series becomes like Reborn is now which was also a gag manga early on.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 01:49   Link #335
Kafriel
Senior Guest

But reborn is awesome, both plot-wise and in character development...can't say the first episodes weren't fun, but they couldn't have left it at the weekly story telling or it would fall in popularity pretty fast...I still like the way the main character still has a loser side, makes him much more different than your average hero.
Anyway, back to Beelzebub,
Quote:
ANOTHER group of though-looking enemies, C'MON! I've seen all this before! Give me something new!
the only serious fight so far has been Aoi VS Hilda, whenever Oga fights he 1HKOs everyone or gracefully avoids the fight. Since Oga is so strong already (and even stronger with BL) I don't think this manga will take the fighting route unless villains from another dimension appear and manga to piss off Oga enough to fight, and prove to be actually stronger than him <- long shot
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 04:44   Link #336
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Thanks for the pics, i found something too

Old 2009-07-01, 05:25   Link #337
zibi88

cant wait for a spoiler to come out ^^
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 05:36   Link #338
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
And I do think that the...genre has shifted drastically after the first five chapters.
I mean, try to read the first chapter again and compare the number of jokes. It's bloody brilliant in that respect. There's a memorable gag every two seconds.
The number of jokes didn't reduce. The only thing that changes may be the fact that you don't find the gags funny any longer. The entire Aoi arc has been an entire wave of non-seriousness. And to some this entire arc is more memorable in terms of comedy then the rest of the series put together.

Quote:
NOW they take up but a small fraction of each chapter but even worse, the fights are suddenly taken dead seriously and it's all like, "I won't forgive you!" and "I won't let you down!" and oh great, ANOTHER group of though-looking enemies, C'MON! I've seen all this before! Give me something new
What tough looking enemies? And what serious fights? Everything turns around Ouga beating the shit out of people with only one punch , nomatter how tough looking they are, and the only real fight was Hilda vs Aoi. Even if you throw demons in, I doubt that they would be able to survive more then one punch.
I seriously don't even know what you see as a fighting manga here. Even the last two chapters which have been more serious then usual can't be aligned with fighting and are serious only to create a suspense which will again end with a comedy.
Old 2009-07-01, 07:37   Link #339
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjaard View Post
Thanks for the pics, i found something too

Those pictures are win. Need more Hilda pics.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 10:01   Link #340
Westlo
Lets be reality

Aoi will be the Hinagiku of this series *nods*
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gag, shounen, slice of life, violence