AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-02-20, 00:33   Link #61
Red Shoulder
BirdKnight

FFV gets no love but it's my favorite. May not have the best storyline, but the game was definitely a challenge. It was the most fun for me. Not to mention I think it has the best OST out of all FF games.

Red Shoulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 00:55   Link #62
Who

-Tie between VI, VII and Tactics (original)
-V, IX
-Rest of the Ivalice Alliance series (XII, Rev Wings, Tactics Advance and A2)
-I, II, III, IV because of nostalgia
-VIII, X, X-2. Can't say anything about XIII and XI since I never played them.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 08:25   Link #63
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

even tho its not out yet, Final fantasy XIII Verus. and FFXI
Old 2010-02-20, 08:34   Link #64
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
even tho its not out yet, Final fantasy XIII Verus. and FFXI
Naming a game that hasn't even been released yet your favorite, is going just a bit to far..
Old 2010-02-20, 11:29   Link #65
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Shoulder View Post
FFV gets no love
You must have missed my post on the first page.
Old 2010-02-20, 11:31   Link #66
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Naming a game that hasn't even been released yet your favorite, is going just a bit to far..
no, Naming a final fantasy that hasn't even been mention yet is.
Old 2010-02-22, 01:50   Link #67
FireBorn

If I had to choose one, it would be Final Fantasy VII. It really had some of the best overall direction you'd find in any videogame. You could tell that the team set out to create an amazing videogame. The plot was epic, characters fun, battle system enjoyable, soundtrack excellent, but it's hard to just stop there in describing it. Everything just comes together so perfectly to create a beautiful atmosphere.

Runner-ups are VI and Tactics, both of which were amazing also. Runner-runner-ups are IX and IV.
FireBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 02:29   Link #68
Arkenryu
IRPO Patrolman

FFII

Yes, I am serious.
Arkenryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 02:35   Link #69
Kafriel
Senior Guest

FFVIII, because it was the first one I played, so I had the most fun with it. Second runner is FFV, because from the old-gen FFs, it's definitely the best in terms of story, gameplay and extras, especially in the GBA version that adds a few more jobs.
FFVI wasn't so bad, the story was very dramatic and Kefka made a good villain, but it wasn't as interesting. I find FFVII overrated, it's average in my book and FFIX ranks higher for having tetra master, the best chocobo system and tons of side quests.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 02:53   Link #70
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

FFX and X-2, not necessarily the story (which was still pretty good) but the gameplay. I don't know why, but I've always loved playing them, they're just so fun. Plus, X was the first FF I played.

I've played VII-X-2 and enjoyed them all.
Old 2010-02-22, 02:55   Link #71
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Does Kingdom Hearts count?

If not then FF: Dissidia.

None of that turn-based stuff for moi plz. Even if the combat system is slightly more fun to me, it still succumbs to an incredibly boring and repetitive story mode and complicated RPG elements. I had to download a gamesave to get any enjoyment out of it.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2010-02-22 at 03:06.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 03:00   Link #72
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I found X too simplistic in all aspects, X-2 was actually more fun I don't think KH counts, since it's not named FF....Dissidia was pretty awesome indeed, even after 108 hours I still haven't mastered Jecht's combo.
Old 2010-02-22, 04:07   Link #73
SvenCalBayan

Here are my favorites, in terms of...

Favorite game : FFVIII
Favorite battle system : FFX
Favorite story : FF Tactics
Favorite setting (world) : FFVIII
Favorite hero : Squall from FFVIII
Favorite heroine : Ashe from FFXII
Favorite male supporting character : Basch from FFXII
Favorite female supporting character : Quistis from FFVIII
Favorite music : FFVIII
Favorite leveling-up system : FFX
Favorite over-all cast : A tie between FFVIII and FF Tactics.
Favorite villain : Kefka from FFVI (FF3 US).

Favorite summon : Bahamut. I used to like the FFVIII design better than the FFVII, but FFVII Crisis Core made it look even greater.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOXk54320VU

Favorite weapon : Gunblade from FFVIII (I like the look of the "Revolver" better than the look of the "Lionheart").

Lightning (FFXIII) might soon replace Ashe (FFXII) as my favorite heroine, I haven't played XIII yet, but I can tell she'll be awesome.

I've said it in other threads and forums, FINAL FANTASY VIII is my favorite of them all... even though I hated the gameplay and Rinoa. FFVIII could've been the greatest game ever if it wasn't for those two factors. What made me fall in love with FFVIII is mostly it's setting. The game was more sci-fi than fantasy. Oh ! and those towns and cities, I was in awe. Here are my favorites in order :

1) Esthar (imagine a PS3 remake of that futuristic city...).

2) Winhill (a small, peaceful and beautiful village surrounded by nature, no technology there... I love it).

3) Deling City (the design of the city is heavily influenced by the city of Paris, France, according to Tetsuya Nomura).

4) Balamb (the view from the hotel... enough said).

Fisherman's Horizon is a worthy mention, but I like those 4 up there better.

They (Square Enix) milked the FFVII franchise long enough. I'm not exactly saying that they should milk the FFVIII franchise, but a remake, side-story, prequel or sequel would be nice. My dream would be (in a few words) : FFVIII setting with FFX battle system.

Last edited by SvenCalBayan; 2010-02-23 at 03:23.
SvenCalBayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 04:30   Link #74
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The best map from FFVIII was Centra Ruins for me...conveyed the otherworldly feeling of a lost city pretty well. I'm surprised that your favorite story is from FF Tactics...even though all FFs have mainstream storylines (world in danger->get the crystals), the characters are sometimes unique, although Tactics didn't follow through. When it comes to music FFV and VI are tied, although force your way is my all-time favorite.
Old 2010-02-22, 04:53   Link #75
SvenCalBayan

"Force your way" is my favorite boss battle theme of all FF titles. It's not my favorite music of all FF titles though, that privilege goes to Anxious Heart (the only thing I love about FFVII). The Anxious Heart remix of FFVII : Crisis Core is sublime. Although, all in all, when it comes to the entire soundtrack, for me, FFVIII beats them all.

My favorite "Force your way" remixes :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0_MB1n_SFY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM6_PnWq6XE
SvenCalBayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 06:47   Link #76
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

VIII wins for me in terms of music, setting, characters, romance and Oh-wow-this-moment-is-awesome-and-I'm-so-pumped-up moments. The plot was okay, but a bit of a letdown, especially Ultimecia and her motives remained largely a mistery.
THIS is the one game that should get a remake, not VII. The tech demo for the Playstation 2 still makes me sigh.

X would be next I guess, since it has the most original story, memorable music and a bunch of likeable characters.

And that's it. Those two were the only games in the series I really, really liked and played more than once.

Then there's XII which I hated after I first played it, and I still do think it's mostly garbage. I went back, however, and gave it a chance again. And I'm glad I did.

It easily has the best voice acting of them all, the story has it's moments and the setting is so-so (I like Ivalice, but thought the Tactics games portray it much more interesting). The dialogue is brillant and probably the best part of the game, tied with the awesomeness of Balthier and Fran.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 12:23   Link #77
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkenryu View Post
FFII

Yes, I am serious.
Okay. Can you also explain why, please?
Old 2010-02-22, 12:43   Link #78
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

ff6/fft
ff7
ff4
ff8
are my fave ffs

however i do have a softspot for ff1. I is still consider the original nes ver to be the most challenging of all the ff games. The earth cave, ice cave and castle of ordeal is imo some of the hardest dungeon created in jrpg. in the nes game there were no save points in the dungeons and you can only save in the overworld map, you had limits to the amount of spells and potions you can carry. one wrong move and you start form the beginning of the dungeon.
Old 2010-02-22, 12:53   Link #79
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

VI and IX would be my personal favorites from the franchise, with VIII following closely behind the two. They just deliver in want i want from an RPG, and not once didn't leave me thinking that there could be more from the whole presentation of the games.

IX easily as my favorite score though.

I also have quite the soft spot for X-2, though that's mainly because i adore the battle system for the game.
Old 2010-02-22, 14:23   Link #80
kyosak
poo

8 is definitely my favorite.

It deserves a remake more than 7 IMO, but not going to happen.
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote