AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 13 14.13%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 21.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 27.17%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 18.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 6.52%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 4.35%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.26%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 4.35%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-29, 17:22   Link #81
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

GGood fight at first between Ichika and Rin, although Ichika was clearly outgunned there - pretty much only evading all the time, and after one attack, his shiled was already really weak. If the hostile IS hadn't interrupted, he would've lost. Any other result would've been quite unrealistic anyway, give how he's quite new at this and Rin already has enough experience to become China's representative.

About the drone - "unmanned" just means that there's no-one in it, not neccessarily that it's AI-controlled. It could still be remotely controlled by someone, which I would regard as far more likely than someone building a highly complex AI that can hold it's own against two actual human pilots. It would also explain why it didn't attack when they were talking, because whoever controlled the IS was listening to their talk.
The mechanical movements could be caused by some sort of input lag, i.e. the puase between the controller gives the command and the IS executes it. With someone controlling it from afar and the commands having to be transmitted, some lag would be very likely.

When Ichika spoke about his great sword skills, he was just trying to impress Rin. He knows that he didn't do all that great in their battle before because he's still quite inexperienced, so he decided to brag about his sword skills and how he was holding back before, and how he's not holding back now.

In the observation room, there was a nice oneechan moment when Chifuyu talks about how they need to stay calm, but she's that nervous herself she puts salt instead of sugar into her coffee.
The observation room probably wasn't locked out from the outside, so Houki and Cecil could get out. As Houki is quite fiery and impetous, I'd say her temper got the better of her, so she went out there without thinking to have a few words with Ichika.

Good to see that Rin also is in the ED now. For the next episode: It's quite obvious what gender "Charles" actually is.
Old 2011-01-29, 18:36   Link #82
Qikz

I think Charles is actually a guy. Nothing about him looks even remotely girly and his voice sounds quite manly.
Old 2011-01-29, 20:10   Link #83
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
I think Charles is actually a guy. Nothing about him looks even remotely girly and his voice sounds quite manly.
how'd u hear the voice?
Old 2011-01-29, 22:55   Link #84
Sixth
Hu Tao

Despite being hyped, I actually somewhat disappointed with the fighting scene in this episode. There is so many thing do not even make sense.

"The door got locked and there is nothing you can do! WAIT"

few minutes later...Ichika! Man Up! Cecillia attack from behind!

I was like wtf? It seems that the animator skipped a lot of details. If they want to skip those details, then they shouldn't mention about the door being locked. They should instead say something like, the door need 3 minutes to open and etc...at mean time, we wait and prepare, then strike.

The animator should just stick to the whole harem-esque. I enjoyed the last few minutes (where the girls bickering on each other) than the whole fighting scene in this episode.
Old 2011-01-30, 00:15   Link #85
dark998

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
I was like wtf? It seems that the animator skipped a lot of details. If they want to skip those details, then they shouldn't mention about the door being locked. They should instead say something like, the door need 3 minutes to open and etc...at mean time, we wait and prepare, then strike.
When the enemy IS jammed the door locks Chifuyu said they were already working in a countermeasure. That way the viewer can deduce the doors will open again sooner or later.
Old 2011-01-30, 00:42   Link #86
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Yo we saw Charles in the beginning and that voice is defintely not a guy.
Old 2011-01-30, 03:49   Link #87
Sanger Zonvolt
Sword That Cleaves Evil

For the team that did Macross Frontier, this CGI is disappointing and really choppy.

I hate every character except for Ichika's older sister, Rin had a cool looking IS though.

I'm hoping eyepatch girl is at least a little interesting, the 3 girls currently just make me cringe.

5/10
Old 2011-01-30, 04:48   Link #88
ZeKeR
Superbad

next ep, two people appear... teh girl with the headband and the french rep.

since i will be shot if i spoil shit, i CAN say is this tho....

charles has a secret... you anime monitors will prolly go zomg at the revelation... IF they decide to reveal it.
what are the girls afraid of of the rep?

isnt it most female fujoshi to look at BL?

and yeah... teh new girl will give the three problems...
Old 2011-01-30, 07:10   Link #89
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
how'd u hear the voice?
I thought he spoke in the preview? I guess not.

EDIT: After watching the preview again, seems he? has a ponytail kind of haircut and you don't hear his voice. I must of been hearing things.
Old 2011-01-30, 10:56   Link #90
Negi-bozu

Rin and Ichika first fight, well I like that!
Old 2011-01-30, 12:54   Link #91
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-Ultimate View Post
"Though this is their first production, 8-Bit has a history of helping out for other big productions."

aah.. first timers.... that's why.. haha hahaha... oh god... 8-bit... I'll remember this....
They produced a little something called Macross Frontier Itsuwari no Utahime and are about to also release Macross Frontier Sayonara no Tsubasa. Itsuwari was one of the best selling anime titles of 2010.....

IS is their first TV series and 8-Bit are made up of ex-studio satelight staff anyway....
Old 2011-01-30, 16:51   Link #92
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Charles is voiced by Hanazawa Kana, which looks very much like a girl to me:
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...&creatorid=176

She should be no unknown, as she is very prominent. Just to name some examples: Kuroneko in Ore no Imouto, Mikan in To Love-Ru, Tenshi in Angel Beats, Sengoku Nadeko in Bakemonogatari, Aoi Futaba in Asobi ni Iku Yo, Suwa Amaki in Strike Witches, Lana Rinchen in Freezing and many more still (see the list in the above link).
Old 2011-01-30, 22:03   Link #93
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:

EDIT: After watching the preview again, seems he? has a ponytail kind of haircut and you don't hear his voice. I must of been hearing things.
you should just watch the Opening again verrrry carefully
Old 2011-01-31, 15:13   Link #94
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Didn't really enjoy this episode too much some of the action was entertaining but most of it made no sense at all. There is no reason to rehash others arguments already about the episode but i did not enjoy it very much. Also, that the fact that focused so much on the point that there were only a limited amount power cells it was obvious what was coming. Drone using a unregistered power source anyone with half a brain could see this coming.

Im hoping the later episode get me interested enough to keep watching.
Old 2011-01-31, 23:30   Link #95
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:

Dude watch episode 1, the beginning.

Then tell me if that's a boy's voice.
Old 2011-02-01, 09:36   Link #96
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
You haven't in the anime world long, I guess.
Old 2011-02-01, 10:36   Link #97
Blue-Ultimate
Strategic Impersonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
They produced a little something called Macross Frontier Itsuwari no Utahime and are about to also release Macross Frontier Sayonara no Tsubasa. Itsuwari was one of the best selling anime titles of 2010.....

IS is their first TV series and 8-Bit are made up of ex-studio satelight staff anyway....
Maybe some miscommunication but THEY did not produce something called macros frontier
Quote:
Notable Staff: Kikuchi Yasuhito (Director, Macross Frontier), Nanase Hikaru (Music), Shimo Fumihiko (Series Composition, Air, Clannad, Kanon)
These guys where part of the team that did Macross frontier, And 8-bit is the studio that they currently work with to make IS. I'm not saying that they are bad, but as a team they didn't quite make IS a... memorable experience, in a good way that is.

Just hope they make the next episodes a little more explainable, because this episode they could easily cut out like 30 seconds to 1 minute of footage and dialogue to place something else in it.
Like how the hell that energy shield that keeps everyone out was somehow missing, how the hell Ichika knew that those after burners(or whatever it's called) can be charged up by absorbing external energy, Despite the fact that he knows SQUAT about IS mechanics and workings.

Just saying 8-bit as a team did nice in translating it to anime but seriously people, the series has it's flaws. But it's still somewhat fun to watch for the lulz and the over the top mecha battles.
Old 2011-02-02, 01:36   Link #98
_blahhead_
BLAHH3ad

I like Rin, she's bloody cute. And apparently that covers the flaws enough for me to enjoy it :P

Though I agree, it looks like they skipped some vital parts that's supposed to explain what's happening and avoid the random continuity errors.

Old 2011-02-02, 09:49   Link #99
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Maybe some miscommunication but THEY did not produce something called macros frontier
They weren't around when MF came out but they were behind production (along with Satelight) for the Macross F Movie that came out already as well as the one coming out in 23 days time.

8-Bit like Gohands were a branch of Studio Satelight, the 8-Bit part had a lot to do with Noein, Sousei no Aquarion and Macross Frontier. It's like Bones/Sunrise all over again except the talent is nowhere near as good in both cases.
Old 2011-02-03, 02:03   Link #100
apotheosis
Shinigami

Not sure how seriously to take the show, but based on this episode ... the probe can only come from a few sources right?
  • Original IS designer who is MIA and finally making some sort of a move.
  • Another designer finally stumbled onto the tech & is working with some sort evil organization
  • The unmanned probe is actually some sort of alien probe from the race that originally invented the cores. ie, the original designer didn't actually invent the tech, just stole/found some cores to use for IS.

The original IS designer resurfacing could fit the genre pretty well & seems to be the simplest explanation, if you are an Occam's razor fan. I think this is the most likely answer.

To have another designer finally duplicate the tech could definitely happen in the real world, but seems kind of pointless after they have hyped up how there are only xxx cores and no one can figure it out besides the original designer. If there was another organization with ill intent, it also seems kind of stupid to send one unit out where there are so many opponents. Wouldn't they wait for some sort of opportunity to test it one v one? Then they might be able to hide their existence a bit longer. Of course evil organizations have not always been known for their cleverness in anime or other media ...

WRT the possibility of alien technology, I am not sure I see this show doing harem, mecha AND aliens. It seems pretty focused on harem and mecha. Though I suppose Macross did most of that, just a triangle instead of a full blown harem ...
Closed Thread