AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-03-18, 14:12   Link #1401
winkel

KAORI not the new OP, we're already off to a bad start...

Looks like they brought Imai again, but she's doing the ED instead of the OP this time.

EDIT: But on the bright side, at least Yuu's role is confirmed for the game: she's Tsugumi's new fashion designer, as well as the supervising director of the CGs/graphics. Which means the new CGs will go through her at the least. Yay.

Abo is confirmed as well.

Now I'm scared for the voices. They might just have replaced/redone them all with a new cast...

Last edited by winkel; 2011-03-18 at 14:41.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 15:34   Link #1402
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

I actually think that it's great that they are going to use KOKOMI (Asriel) as the singer of the OP. I adore her voice so as long as the one who writes the song does a good job It's probably going to be great.
Old 2011-03-18, 15:39   Link #1403
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

KOKOMI actually sang the PSP OP and ED for Never7, so I'm used to her voice. The Never7 PSP had my favorite new songs, so I'm actually looking forward to this.

Why would they replace the whole cast? Everyone's still avaliable, so there's no reason for them to get new people.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 16:46   Link #1404
winkel

The fact that they're re-recording all of it worries me. And actually, some of the seiyuu we haven't heard from for a while...

I don't mind Asriel, I love her other songs, but I was hoping they'd bring KAORI back, for old times sake. Asami's PSP version didn't match up in emotion with her original at all, and I'm apprehensive about this new OP following the same way.
Old 2011-03-18, 19:53   Link #1405
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

2D Tsugumi and Sara look so different...
Polarem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 21:08   Link #1406
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

I recorded and uploaded the new version of Karma to my Youtube account. You can find it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRF1p0Uj7io
Old 2011-03-18, 21:12   Link #1407
VDZ

I don't like the new Karma. Like I said on IRC:
[02:55] <VDZ> Feels like it tries too hard to be better, and won't have the same impact as BGM
[02:57] <VDZ> Huh, it's also by Takeshi Abo. Why did he make an inferior version?
[02:58] <komachisa> Hmm, yeah. I prefer the original version.
[02:58] <komachisa> Lawl at the fake choir though.
[02:58] <VDZ> In a normal track for listening, I'd have liked it
[02:59] <VDZ> But to have it as BGM in such scenes as Takeshi's bad ending...it seems a bit over-the-top

It's good as a rearrangement, but I can't imagine it being fitting as actual BGM.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 21:50   Link #1408
winkel

I think it'll be fine, you can tell the vocal part is detached from the other sections. If they don't want to get super dramatic, they can just cut at that point, but I do expect that to be the title music.

It's different from the original, but I can't say it's worse.
Old 2011-03-18, 23:18   Link #1409
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

I like the new Karma. Not sure if more than the original, but not any less. The first minute and a half definitely work better for me, but the choir does feel unnecessary. It doesn't sound bad, but it just doesn't seem like it's adding anything worthwhile to it either. So, in the end the first half is better in the new arrangement while the last part doesn't live up to the original.

Sort of evens out!

As for the new OP by Kokomi, looking forward to it. I'd say I have some problems with Asriel because I find it had to tell their songs apart, but solo Kokomi has been very nice as of late. I was quite fond of her Umineko PS3 OP, so here's hoping she's able to have a good song here as well.
Old 2011-03-19, 00:49   Link #1410
David Watts
Stay Free

Send a message via MSN to David Watts
One thing I really love about Ever 17 is its presentation
it has one of the best interfaces I have yet seen in a visual novel
Old 2011-03-19, 07:11   Link #1411
4as
ForUs

Send a message via MSN to 4as
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
I don't like the new Karma. [...]
Same here.
It almost feels like there are two songs playing at the same time, Karma and something else.

In my opinion the original soundtrack was perfect, although lacking a bit in spectrum (if you will) compared to todays standards, so now I'm a bit worried...
First sign of them overdoing.
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 13:51   Link #1412
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

I don't know, I personally don't think they can be compared. I like them both equally as much- the new version sounds really great (and I like the chorus part), but I like the original's simplicity near some parts in the opening better.
Old 2011-03-19, 14:19   Link #1413
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4as View Post
In my opinion the original soundtrack was perfect, although lacking a bit in spectrum (if you will) compared to todays standards
But that's exactly what Abo is going for. He's mentioned that he's remaking the songs from scratch (as opposed to just taking the original and remixing/rearranging here and there) and going for an open, more full-width arrangement this time. He also mentions that he's going to put all his effort to making the songs still preserve the same atmosphere that they did in the original version, but still have them in a way that people who played the original version will be pleasantly surprised at the new OST.

I mean, the guy knows what he's doing, he made the original after all, we should give him a chance to show off. His works of late haven't disappointed either, so there's no real worry that he's "lost it" we just have to be able to accept that it's going to be different... this is a full remake after all.
Old 2011-03-19, 14:29   Link #1414
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
But that's exactly what Abo is going for. He's mentioned that he's remaking the songs from scratch (as opposed to just taking the original and remixing/rearranging here and there) and going for an open, more full-width arrangement this time. He also mentions that he's going to put all his effort to making the songs still preserve the same atmosphere that they did in the original version, but still have them in a way that people who played the original version will be pleasantly surprised at the new OST.

I mean, the guy knows what he's doing, he made the original after all, we should give him a chance to show off. His works of late haven't disappointed either, so there's no real worry that he's "lost it" we just have to be able to accept that it's going to be different... this is a full remake after all.
What has Abo's latest works been anyway? The latest work I've heard from him has been 12Riven (which in my opinion was his greatest work yet, as I felt that his soundtrack was one of the best parts of the game).
Old 2011-03-19, 14:50   Link #1415
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
What has Abo's latest works been anyway? The latest work I've heard from him has been 12Riven (which in my opinion was his greatest work yet, as I felt that his soundtrack was one of the best parts of the game).
He makes music for 5pb nowadays. For example, the awesome Chaos;Head soundtrack.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 14:51   Link #1416
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Oh, I haven't gotten around to playing that yet (still need to find that translation patch, because the one I found didn't work).
Old 2011-03-19, 15:01   Link #1417
winkel

I prefer the Steins;Gate soundtrack myself.

And he still does every single Memories Off OST.
Old 2011-03-23, 17:29   Link #1418
winkel

...And for some reason, 5pb has today amended the site to take out the statement that the original artist is serving as the director of CG/graphics.

EDIT: confirmed by said artist. It's over.
Old 2011-03-23, 17:39   Link #1419
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
...And for some reason, 5pb has today amended the site to take out the statement that the original artist is serving as the director of CG/graphics.

EDIT: confirmed by said artist. It's over.
I'm confused, does that mean yes, she's on the project, or is it no?
Old 2011-03-23, 17:53   Link #1420
winkel

It means no. She confirmed she's only doing two things: promotional art, and Tsugumi's new outfit design. That is it.

I am now starting to be of the opinion that if 5pb/Cyberfront knew they could not pull everyone back to their duties for the remake, then they shouldn't have tried to do a remake at all. Unknown CG artist, unknown scenario writer, the list of variables accumulate.

Now definitely worried about the voice casting.

Tags
visual novel