AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

Old 2011-10-27, 10:19   Link #1241
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
There is no trace of girls really liking the MC yet. Even though some people named some characters who like Aoi but so far. I haven't seen that yet.
Bad news for BD sales

== EDIT ==

hey wait, its still on top 12...

so I guess in this case, it doesn't really matter then

Last edited by articuzwolf; 2011-10-27 at 11:15.
articuzwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 14:31   Link #1242
JediNight
キズランダム

Say what you will about the writing abilities of the author, the biggest issue so far has been how terrible the adaptation is.

Things are being introduced in the wrong order for a visual medium in a small number of episodes, way too much time being spent on currently unimportant areas, while the driving element of the initial hook goes mostly ignored for 3.5 episodes. Confession falls flat because we don't know the characters yet, etc.

And if these are issues in the original material, it's poor form not to fix them for the anime release. Way too many plot elements and characters are being introduced immediately to properly weave them into the story. I feel lost and they did a poor job of explaining the setting and that they believe it's the "end of the world" atm, etc...
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 14:51   Link #1243
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Say what you will about the writing abilities of the author, the biggest issue so far has been how terrible the adaptation is.

Things are being introduced in the wrong order for a visual medium in a small number of episodes, way too much time being spent on currently unimportant areas, while the driving element of the initial hook goes mostly ignored for 3.5 episodes. Confession falls flat because we don't know the characters yet, etc.

And if these are issues in the original material, it's poor form not to fix them for the anime release. Way too many plot elements and characters are being introduced immediately to properly weave them into the story. I feel lost and they did a poor job of explaining the setting and that they believe it's the "end of the world" atm, etc...
I have no problem with it. I think this is a case of preference, not of actual fault with the show, but whatever floats your boat.

Though seriously people need to calm the fuck down about the number of characters already. Like for real cause nobody still watching and knowing what's going on cares, I can promise this. You can have this many characters in a show, especially if you're doing 26 episodes and especially if you plan on continuing it down the line like Sunrise probably is. Let the show do it's thing, then bitch if necessary, but not four episodes into an ambitious project like this. That's hardly fair at all and you don't know that they can't weave them into a story only an 8th into a shows run when they've just finished introducing the setting and are now getting into the plot. Also watch the offical TAN subs. Seriously people will thank me and stuopidgit for this if they do.

Last time I go over this same dead horse with anyone cause it's getting kind of silly now. If people can't handle this many characters I don't know why they ever bothered in the first place. Myself, I'm used to this many or even more in the sci-fi/fantasy anime I watch and I'm also used to a lot of concurrent plotlines and backstories running at the same time as well. It's kind of why I like these types of shows and to be honest this one is actually taking it slower and being more direct than most, but people seem to want everything to happen all at once and don't seem to be at all aware what type of show this is. Like this is not above normal for a long-running sci-fi/fantasy series by any stretch. I cannot possibly stress this enough as a long time viewer of sci-fi/fantasy/mecha anime. If this is too much than people from earlier in the thread were right, some viewers are way the heck out of their element and should not have bothered with this show.

Anyway, I think somebody needs to post a picture of the gigantic sized novels again by the way cause people are getting way off base with this show now.

TL;DR: If you're used to "slice of life" anime and simplistic slow paced plots and don't watch a lot of sci-fi/fantasy shows then Horizon In The Middle of Nowhere is not for you. It will destroy you.

edit: \/\/\/ Use that link down below too. It helps a lot.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2011-10-27 at 15:52.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 15:42   Link #1244
Znail

Quote:

I don't find the plot confusing at all. Most of the stuff that have happened have been introduction to the characters and to show a normal day for them. There is only 3 main plots going on as far as I have noticed.

1. Aoi Toori's confession to 'Horizon' or rather P-01s. You should be able to recognise these two by now.

2. The uprising and sabotage of the power plant. The why of the matter is a complete mystery so far, but the actual conflict should be obvious.

3. The spiriting away of nobles. The old dude who wrote the 'blank' papers is one who disappeared. Here we don't know anything about who or why it is going on. Only real clue is that it is most likely connected to 2 somehow.

Not that much to confused about really as most of it is a mystery to most of the cast.

I understand that such a large cast can be confusing, but you don't have to know the names of everyone. And if you have trouble with the names so is there always the bio page for the entire cast to look at to make it easier.

http://kyoukaisen.tumblr.com/charaprofiles
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 16:40   Link #1245
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Wait what? When did the confession occurred for it to fall flat ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 16:47   Link #1246
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Wait what? When did the confession occurred for it to fall flat ?
We haven't see it yet. Either it haven't happened yet or we will see it in another retake of this day.
Old 2011-10-27, 16:51   Link #1247
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
We haven't see it yet. Either it haven't happened yet or we will see it in another retake of this day.
That's what I thought, but along with that above statement and this-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroz View Post
Heck, some people i know actually still wonder why the "confession", being 'the main focus of this series', is so lackluster after that flashback.
It seems there's a shocking number of people who have already seen the confession
Old 2011-10-27, 16:59   Link #1248
Znail

I think the 'flashback' reefers to Horizon's death.
Old 2011-10-27, 17:20   Link #1249
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
It hasn't happened yet, he was going to confess the next day and we're just now wrapping up this one.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 19:01   Link #1250
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
It seems there's a shocking number of people who have already seen the confession
Me too! I must have missed that. D: I should rewatch that episode.

oh wait.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 21:10   Link #1251
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Damn, seems like time traveling is a norm nowaday. Everyone saw and complained about thing haven't aired yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
TL;DR: If you're used to "slice of life" anime and simplistic slow paced plots and don't watch a lot of sci-fi/fantasy shows then Horizon In The Middle of Nowhere is not for you. It will destroy you.
You hurt me . I could watch this show fine, really.
Anyway, your request:

I really wish people would either do some basic research, or just try to think a little bit more when watching this show. Actually, I have a better suggestion. Wait until the show finished, then watch it in one go if you can't get a grasp about what's happening each episode, because clearly people want to know everything in the first 4 eps of the phone-book-size novel .

This isn't a kind of show where it feels like there are only 4 or 5 characters in the whole 26 eps, so take it slowly if you can't remember all the faces (or better, you don't need to, like how people don't really need to remember every soldier that participated in the wars, but only those archived something). Honestly, why would they even bother to create distinguished characters in the first place? Isn't it easier to remember when the characters have same face with different hair , like, Yuruyuri?
Mind you, I like that show.

Another funny thing is, when I pointed to the BD sale, people told me "sale number and quality isn't revelant. It could be bad show and still sell well", yet they threw the DVD sale on my face when I was in Haruhi thread. Mind if I ask, what indicates a good show?
Old 2011-10-27, 21:41   Link #1252
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Having watched two episodes so far I'm still a little confused with this show.

I don't even know where the line blurs between the ludicrous comedy taking itself serious, or if some serious business is going to appear soon in the plot.

Using the class as exposition regarding that world's history, I would say it was a smart way to fill the viewers about history of the unification war, and how the book of testament came to be as well as the merging of the harmonic and divine states into one land.

I couldn't put too much attention, since there are just a too vast stock of characters that I don't even know where the story's heading.

I would say, however, that Masazumi's become my favorite character, and "her" past about "her" family's rise to power and eventual falling into oblivion literally messed her identity as a girl; talk about too much ado about nothing.

And, from the other side, we got those two mischievous siblings planning and scheming every tactic with a wide grin on their faces at pulling out inconceivable ecchi pranks around school. Torii and his elder sister took slapstick towards a whole new level.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 21:53   Link #1253
Azuma Denton
~AD~

After rewatching this for the 3rd time (well so dedicated i am huh), finally i can grasp the initial setting this novel provided for the first 4 episode...
Well, if the setting is like this, i can only give comparison to the likes of Juuni Kokki for its quantity of factions and characters...
Yesh, and i agree with Kaioshin Sama. This show needs slow digestion unlike "slice-of-life" anime...

@stuopidget
Yeah you are right... A certain group is too confusing with its translation. Thanks for giving me recommendation...

And another question...
What is that creature Asama summoned during eps 1?? If it is spoiler, no need to explain...
Thanks..
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 22:15   Link #1254
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
And another question...
What is that creature Asama summoned during eps 1?? If it is spoiler, no need to explain...
Thanks..
I'm not sure if it's a spoiler or not, all it does is clarify what she used in the first ep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
Spoiler for Asama:
Btw, sorry for my ignorant, but who are the TAN subbing group people keep mentioning?
Old 2011-10-27, 22:20   Link #1255
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
And another question...
Thanks..
Think of it as a Tsukaima, in the character relationship chart she's labeled as Asama's 'Underling'.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-10-27 at 22:35. Reason: typo
Old 2011-10-27, 22:27   Link #1256
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I'm not sure if it's a spoiler or not, all it does is clarify what she used in the first ep.

Btw, sorry for my ignorant, but who are the TAN subbing group people keep mentioning?
The Anime Network and its not a fansub

but you can still watch their sub 4free by downloading ho**iblesubs release
Old 2011-10-27, 22:29   Link #1257
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

It's not even the main point....It's a major driving force yes but not the sole main focus....
Old 2011-10-27, 22:32   Link #1258
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Ah tsukaima...
Is it the same system with that little white fox and the one that fat guys holding during eps 2??
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 22:43   Link #1259
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Yup, they are both Maus.
But I think Ohiroshiki is using his Maus as a cuddle toy.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 22:44   Link #1260
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Ah tsukaima...
Is it the same system with that little white fox and the one that fat guys holding during eps 2??
I guess so, the white fox is also labeled as Heidi's underling and Ginji (the porky one) was holding Asama's tsukaima... He's what you call a lolicon.

Tags
action, fantasy, science fiction, sunrise