AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 26 31.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 39.02%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 19.51%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 7.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.22%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-28, 23:07   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Welcome to the discussion thread for StrikerS, Episode 05.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for raws.
  • Absolutely no spoilers for future events from the game or the manga in the anime thread.
    If you need to reply to someone with a reference to the game or manga, then PM them. Any spoilers, even under the spoiler tags, that reveals future events will be deleted.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread.

Clearly marked spoiler tags still should be used where appropriate, i.e, using spoiler tags when talking about RAW episode out of courtesy to the fans who do not watch RAW. Creating clearly marked spoiler tags is easier than ever. Yes, as easy as clicking this button located in the Quick Reply, and Reply to Thread template. That's it!
Old 2007-04-28, 23:25   Link #2
johnjefferson3

yes, epsiode 5 is going to be a great show to watch,since we wil get to see all 4 new people fight with their new barrier jackets on, against the evil power of those auto-drones and we learn more stuff about the enemy!!! again let us prepare for another great epsiode!!!!!!
Old 2007-04-28, 23:37   Link #3
Aaron008R

Transferred from previous episode thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
I'm really not sure if I should bring up the Caro-Erio possible deep interaction again so I would just like to ask the you guys on how you think the rookies are gonna initially handle the actual with-tentacle-wire-drones this time around. I don't know about everyone else but setting out for mission one right after just receiving customized devices makes me uncomfortable. Perhaps there would indeed be a problem with working with getting used the sudden power boost of the Forward Stars' new devices. In any case, I can't wait to see Cross Mirage and Mach Caliber talk.
Okay, and maybe it would be safe for me to bring up the Caro-Erio possible interaction thing now. I'm just making a guess but I think we'll see the 'person caressing Caro's face' before the actual mission. I'm betting that those hands belong to one of the three rookies.
Old 2007-04-29, 00:14   Link #4
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Okay, and maybe it would be safe for me to bring up the Caro-Erio possible interaction thing now. I'm just making a guess but I think we'll see the 'person caressing Caro's face' before the actual mission. I'm betting that those hands belong to one of the three rookies.

I'm pretty sure it's Nanoha's.

But that doesn't mean I think Erio didn't do anything, cause SOMETHING must have happened to lead to that jump
Old 2007-04-29, 00:18   Link #5
Skane
Anime Snark

And I say it's Teana.

Hehe.
Old 2007-04-29, 00:20   Link #6
Aaron008R

Let's not rule out Subaru. She seems like the supportive type, anyway.
Old 2007-04-29, 00:25   Link #7
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
And I say it's Teana.

Hehe.
Quote:
Let's not rule out Subaru. She seems like the supportive type, anyway.
So we're playing Cluedo now eh...

Suspects

1. Subaru
2. Teana
3. Erio
4. Nanoha

... I'm going with "Nanoha", in the "Helicopter" with "Killer smile"
Old 2007-04-29, 00:49   Link #8
Erio
Hiromi

Ok place your bets now, people.

20 bucks for Nanoha!
Old 2007-04-29, 00:57   Link #9
Ottocycle

Both games look fun.

@Chaos2Frozen
Taking Fate out of the equation, I'm gonna agree with Skane.
My call is 'Teana' 'in helicopter' with 'onee-chan' power'

@Erio
I wonder how the odds would be like...
Nanoha: 3.00
Teana: 2.00
Subaru: 7.00
Erio: 5.00
Lutecia: 15.00

Well that aside...I'm hoping they put the budget saved in the last ep to the best use possible...Battle Animation!
Old 2007-04-29, 01:18   Link #10
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
Well that aside...I'm hoping they put the budget saved in the last ep to the best use possible...Battle Animation!
I fully agree. The only concern I have is that the battle would not have any meaning to the plot--that is, it would just be used so that the newbies could get some battle experience. I sure hope it is the beginning of something bigger. A costly mistake. A TSAB high-ups conspiracy. Even Nanoha's health issues! (Ok, scratch that last one)
Old 2007-04-29, 02:00   Link #11
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Well, if there are any health issues Nanoha has, it'll come out sooner or later, since it may well take up three or four episodes:

1. Nanoha strains herself and collapses.
2. An entire episode dedicated to explaining why Nanoha has health issues.
3. An entire episode showing everyone's reactions to this.
4. An entire episode dedicated to having Nanoha overcome the problem.

If the first point happens in episode five, that's all the way until episode eight taken care of; almost a third of the way through the series already!

Otherwise, I'm guessing that this battle is either going to be the Newbies' first successful mission (perhaps after a dramatic turnabout) or their first defeat (possibly with Deus Ex Machina provided by the Original Team), providing for more screen time where the Newbies angst and train harder for the next time. Heck, this could even carry a moral about the importance of Teamwork and Friendship or something.

Yes, I know I sound kind of cynical with all these shounen anime cliches, but I'm really not. I thrive on familiarity, and I'd be perfectly happy with any of the above outcomes. Of course, if the series decides to surprise us, I hope it'll be done well.
Old 2007-04-29, 02:02   Link #12
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Alraight! Its early today!

*slams 20 Velka dinars on the table*

Erio for win! (For fun really)

Something tells me its Teana's one-san power too, but this is more fun.

By the way, if its a costly mistake, it'll be another one, if Nanoha's injury's anything to go by.

Since its all robots, let there by sinless carnage!
Old 2007-04-29, 02:44   Link #13
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
@Erio

I'll go the long shot I think and go Lutecia

Well Nanoha's battle animation is always quite good so I'm having high hopes for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis
Otherwise, I'm guessing that this battle is either going to be the Newbies' first successful mission (perhaps after a dramatic turnabout) or their first defeat (possibly with Deus Ex Machina provided by the Original Team), providing for more screen time where the Newbies angst and train harder for the next time. Heck, this could even carry a moral about the importance of Teamwork and Friendship or something.

Yes, I know I sound kind of cynical with all these shounen anime cliches, but I'm really not. I thrive on familiarity, and I'd be perfectly happy with any of the above outcomes. Of course, if the series decides to surprise us, I hope it'll be done well.
While it will be nice for the new stars to be handed to a loss against Drone I think it is petty unlikely, Since they needs to lose to a loli (ie Fate, Vita). So unless Lutecia appears I would say they would have their first successful mission.
Old 2007-04-29, 03:05   Link #14
Ottocycle

While I agree that Nanoha's battle footage has always had a good track record so far...There are signs that its begun to fray. We now have the first sign of stock battle footage in ep4.(not including transformations)

And look what happened the last time when reused footage crept into a series.

But I'll keep faith. Since even that aforementioned example got some good battle scenes out when budget had been saved (by recaps or reused footage) beforehand.

Rarely though.
Old 2007-04-29, 03:43   Link #15
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Both games look fun.

@Chaos2Frozen
Taking Fate out of the equation, I'm gonna agree with Skane.
My call is 'Teana' 'in helicopter' with 'onee-chan' power'
Thats 2 for Teana...

Quote:
@Erio
Lutecia/Fate are definitely out. The background scene is in Storm Raider, so no way it's Fate (I'm just saying...). The uniform of the hands are different from Lutecia's outfit, so she's out.

Personally, it doesn't feel like it's in Subaru/Teana/Erio's personality to do that, but I've been surprised before.

(Actually, after watching the preview again for the 20th time, I'm starting to sway my vote to Erio rather than Nanoha...)

On the subject of the episode... The preview smells like a Erio/Carol episode, so that should be entertaining enough.

High-speed action in enclosed spaces are always welcomed

Now, if the Church's information is to be believed, the Relic is onboard that train. So a number of things could happen.

1. TSAB finally have in possession the Relic.
2. The drones got away.
3. It somehow vanish.

I'm betting on the 3rd (Or that Carim got it wrong...).

Btw, Nanoha's fine... In more ways than one.
Old 2007-04-29, 03:47   Link #16
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Well, if there are any health issues Nanoha has, it'll come out sooner or later, since it may well take up three or four episodes:

1. Nanoha strains herself and collapses.
2. An entire episode dedicated to explaining why Nanoha has health issues.
3. An entire episode showing everyone's reactions to this.
4. An entire episode dedicated to having Nanoha overcome the problem.

If the first point happens in episode five, that's all the way until episode eight taken care of; almost a third of the way through the series already!
and the chances of it happening so early is not high at all ~ if it were to even happen id say its somewhere when the gang is already deep amongst the action and story ~ and ill say it will take up 3 eps max otherwise it would be too boring for the viewers to sit through all the explination and bla bla ~ just intergrate point 2 and 3 together :3

and my bets? thats a hard one >.< but i think a higher chance would be indeed nanoha ~ she is someone who caro will look up to after all ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-04-29, 03:48   Link #17
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Let's see... so far we have-
  • Erio
    - Kha, Aaron008R
  • Lucetia
    - Darco_emp
  • Nanoha
    - Chaos2Frozen, Erio
  • Subaru
    -
  • Teana
    - humbug23, Skane
Well... one way or another, somebody will get it right.

Natch.

EDIT] Change of plans... somebody will get it right unless it turns out to be Subaru.

Cheers.

Last edited by Skane; 2007-04-29 at 04:07.
Old 2007-04-29, 03:54   Link #18
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Well... one way or another, somebody will get it right.

Natch.
I don't know... I'm starting to sway

Why? Because of the stupid reason that Erio started talking in the preview at the exact moment they played the scene... Also, after the 21st time watching it again, those hands suddenly don't look so 'lady-like'...
Old 2007-04-29, 04:01   Link #19
Aaron008R

Wait, Skane, I'm voting for Erio. I was just mentioning about not letting Subaru out of the possibilities. Thanks in advance.
Old 2007-04-29, 04:20   Link #20
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Change of plans... somebody will get it right unless it turns out to be Subaru.
I've this strange feeling that'll it'll be her after seeing the stats. Erio seems like an inneudo trap. Erio didn't vote for himself too. :P BUT I stay by my vote. He's the next generation Speed Demon and you never noe how fast kids can go these days.