AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-01-30, 23:33   Link #521
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper222 View Post
you know, i'm looking at other forums and laughing somewhat at them esp 4chan. they're saying the diet should have been debriefed and whatnot, but i guess they missed the whole MEDIA at the back and that this whole debacle IS FOR THE PUBLIC SINCE THEY OBVIOUSLY DON'T KNOW and the senator who lashed out at itami IS JUST TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE SITUATION.

also manga is the compressed version of the novel. don't like don't read. it's not the source material anyways.
Trolling and calling something stupid is just a normal day on /a/.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 05:08   Link #522
jasper222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Trolling and calling something stupid is just a normal day on /a/.
lol. why are they so mad about japan strutting their jsdf feathers in this manga, shouting japan rightists and nippon strong when nearly everything hollywood spits out is centered in america. i don't see other countries complaining about that.

i just hope someone translates the light novels at least. it would be closer to the original work and at the same time be shorter.

but i like the novel cover art more. they look so elegant. light novel cover art is what they would look like in anime i guess.
jasper222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 06:13   Link #523
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper222 View Post
lol. why are they so mad about japan strutting their jsdf feathers in this manga, shouting japan rightists and nippon strong when nearly everything hollywood spits out is centered in america. i don't see other countries complaining about that.
I think you need to spend more time on /a/, like I said, trolling and calling something stupid is just a normal day. Gate got popular over there, so trolls came out and started stupid arguments, it's normal.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2013-01-31, 09:13   Link #524
Chirst

Got some info about this novel (extra volume)
Spoiler for spoil:
Chirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 10:54   Link #525
jasper222

Quote:
I think you need to spend more time on /a/, like I said, trolling and calling something stupid is just a normal day. Gate got popular over there, so trolls came out and started stupid arguments, it's normal.
nah i don't wanna go to /a/ anymore. people are gonna be mocked there either way.

@chirst: who's the new characters? also source please.

Spoiler for for the spoilers:
Old 2013-02-01, 18:50   Link #526
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Just ran across this the other day and liked what I read. I read all the currently available chapters in one go.

It will be interesting to see how this goes as far as the politics surrounding the gate. If another gate opens in China, or if they somehow managed to open one themselves, things could get very interesting really quick. If multiple countries were to get gates of their own, it would no doubt result in the partitioning of the world in various spheres of influence, possibly resulting in rival Russian/Chinese and US/NATO/Japan alliance, or multiple, smaller empires.

Also, considering that within fifty years of European conquest, Native Americans were using firearms, it is also possible that you might end up with inhabitants of the Special Region getting a hold of firearms and fighting a guerrilla war against the invaders, possibly launching surprise attacks on oil wells or mining operations set up after nations and corporations start investing in the resources in the Special Region.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 09:23   Link #527
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
Also, considering that within fifty years of European conquest, Native Americans were using firearms, it is also possible that you might end up with inhabitants of the Special Region getting a hold of firearms and fighting a guerrilla war against the invaders, possibly launching surprise attacks on oil wells or mining operations set up after nations and corporations start investing in the resources in the Special Region.
Yes, but there were reasons for that. Namely that there were multiple parties and agencies operating in the new world. Such as fur traders and rival colonial powers. Fur traders have an incentive to trade guns, since Indians would be willing to give allot of fur for guns, and other colonial powers would want to arm the natives to sabotage their rivals activity in the new world.

As long as there is only one gate and Japan controls it, they'd have a relatively easy time maintaining an arms embargo. It's not like an arms dealer or foreign military power is gonna be able to just drive through the gate, and the JSDF military complex on the other side, then start selling/handing over weapons to the local yokels.

Barring the locals access to modern weaponry would actually be pretty easy.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 10:31   Link #528
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Well what do you know?
There's already fanart for this series at danbooru.

Here's the link. Warning! May contain NSFW ads.

PS: I also found out what's the name of that Dark Elf chick.

Spoiler for Her name?:
Old 2013-02-03, 14:26   Link #529
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Well what do you know?

Looks like the stuff from pixiv.

Old 2013-02-03, 15:43   Link #530
Ddraig

That extra volume look to me like Itami and Pina were on honeymoon without telling all his mistress and they all out hunting for him lol.
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 04:34   Link #531
jasper222

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Well what do you know?

PS: I also found out what's the name of that Dark Elf chick.

Spoiler for Her name?:
Her name reminds me of this person:

Spoiler for name:

Fanart
Old 2013-02-04, 17:12   Link #532
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Yes, but there were reasons for that. Namely that there were multiple parties and agencies operating in the new world. Such as fur traders and rival colonial powers. Fur traders have an incentive to trade guns, since Indians would be willing to give allot of fur for guns, and other colonial powers would want to arm the natives to sabotage their rivals activity in the new world.

As long as there is only one gate and Japan controls it, they'd have a relatively easy time maintaining an arms embargo. It's not like an arms dealer or foreign military power is gonna be able to just drive through the gate, and the JSDF military complex on the other side, then start selling/handing over weapons to the local yokels.

Barring the locals access to modern weaponry would actually be pretty easy.
I get that would work if Japan controls the only gate. However, if another gate opens up- and quite frankly some of the political drama might be foreshadowing that, it is not at all unlikely that this could turn into something similar to the colonial powers in North America or Africa.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 00:27   Link #533
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
I get that would work if Japan controls the only gate. However, if another gate opens up- and quite frankly some of the political drama might be foreshadowing that, it is not at all unlikely that this could turn into something similar to the colonial powers in North America or Africa.
Okay, but here's the thing. HOW do the gates get created? If they're intentionally created, then it's not likely more of them will be opening up on earth any time soon. Why would the locals to the magical world want to invite even MORE ways for modern armies to invade their world? Sure it'd inconvenience the Japanese, but it makes the local fantasy peoples situation worse. And they're (or at least some of them) are presumably the only ones who actually have the capability to to create gates. So the people who can presumably make gates have no reason to make more, and the ones with reason to make more have no direct access to learn how to do it.

Which honestly makes the US completely passing up the opportunity to send troops through the gate along with the Japanese pretty damn crazy.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 00:40   Link #534
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Which honestly makes the US completely passing up the opportunity to send troops through the gate along with the Japanese pretty damn crazy.
Gate world isn't totally like ours. The US doesn't have troops to spare to send through the Gate, that was said back in chapter 2 or 3.

Old 2013-02-05, 15:04   Link #535
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Gate world isn't totally like ours. The US doesn't have troops to spare to send through the Gate, that was said back in chapter 2 or 3.
that is just for the story. No matter how stretch, the US can also sent some troops.
Old 2013-02-07, 11:31   Link #536
jasper222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
that is just for the story. No matter how stretch, the US can also sent some troops.
Stop forcing your logic, manga already said that US can't spare anyone since they're in Iraq.
Old 2013-02-07, 11:50   Link #537
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
More like the public would be against it. How would the public think if the military is fighting three separate wars at once? Besides that, wars are costly. Ammunition and fuel costs money. Not to mention transportation fees, soldiers are paid much more if they are deployed to fight overseas.They are already blowing the budget with two wars. A third war would put the U.S in greater debt.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 12:52   Link #538
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
More like the public would be against it. How would the public think if the military is fighting three separate wars at once? Besides that, wars are costly. Ammunition and fuel costs money. Not to mention transportation fees, soldiers are paid much more if they are deployed to fight overseas.They are already blowing the budget with two wars. A third war would put the U.S in greater debt.
please, the US doesn't have to sent in a 100k troops or even 10k. But something like 1000 troops would be separable no matter how stretch the US was in Iraq.
Old 2013-02-07, 12:58   Link #539
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
please, the US doesn't have to sent in a 100k troops or even 10k. But something like 1000 troops would be separable no matter how stretch the US was in Iraq.
They won't have political backing either. It's difficult to find political support for a third war with the first two already under public condemnation. Besides that, the one thousand troops would most probably have to operate under Japanese command. I doubt the U.S is willing to act under the command of a nation they have long considered a lacky...cough cough... I mean 'ally'. Besides that, one thousand guys, even with modern weaponry, would be too difficult to conduct a full scale invasion. There's no doubt they can defeat any imperial field army, but wouldn't be able to occupy any area. And guerilla warfare can most certainly take out such a force if they really did decide to spread 1k men all over the empire. The U.S and it's allies isn't able to curb the insurgency in Afghanistan with nearly half a million men, what makes you think that one thousand men could do any better?

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2013-02-07 at 13:11.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 14:35   Link #540
Xacual

Quote:
In Gate World it's not just Iraq or Afganistan, the war there is a lot more spread than that. Please stop thinking the situation is exactly like our world.

Tags
fantasy, harem, military science fiction