AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-12-28, 12:20   Link #4461
xl_Legit_lx
Destruction by Carnage
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to xl_Legit_lx Send a message via MSN to xl_Legit_lx Send a message via Yahoo to xl_Legit_lx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Xenics Storm are entertaining - they love to continually go in and almost always come out the better for it. They are in the 'weaker' half of the playoffs - it would be nice to see another newish team rise. SK Telecom certainly broke the dominant consistency of the CJ Entus teams and KT Rolster B in the latter half of 2013 - Xenics Storm could be the team to rise in 2014.

On the same token, Najin White Shield have now made the playoffs 2 splits in a row while Najin Black Sword haven't even progressed past the group stage. They're on the up. One of them will be in the semis - and against teams as unpredictably hot and cold as Ozone and Frost are lately - a newer team could make the final.

As far as I'm concerned though, it's SK Telecom's split to lose at this rate.
Well Frost did not get what they wanted out of MakNoon and unfortunately for CJ Blaze, while they are (I would say a top 4 Korean atm) they can't get over that KT Rolster B hump that has hindranced them for a while now. They beat OMG 3-0 at the WCG, while Frost got bodied by Invictus Gaming. I think Xenic storm will be the first team to use Jinx, that or Piglet will be.

Arrow is a top ADC in Korean scene and I love how the Xenic Storm roster is setup atm. As long as they build around him and Swift and CoCo synergy increases, they are easily the best team out of the bottom 4 bracketed teams (Frost, NJWS, Ozone and XS).

I'm only going to assume Frost is going to target ban Dade, but I don't think he's the problem. DanDy is capable of carrying that team so hard, and Imp is still amazing too, but Dade is definitely someone who can either show up or just play bad. I expect him to be on some new champs if they target ban him tho, maybe Nidalee or something like that.

I wont be surprised if SK T1 K wins this split tho, and set themselves up for the first team to repeat as Worlds champions. Piglet is just a beast that doesn't get talked about as much cuz of Faker but I think he's got a lot to do with the victories (maybe more so) than Faker.
xl_Legit_lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 18:44   Link #4462
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonOfWrath View Post
It's annoying as anything to get practice on though, since he gets banned ~50% of the time so even if I get top often I don't get to play him.
Yeah, I ban him in my elo mostly because fighting a Nasus is a pain. He can go 0-4-1 in laning phase, but can still carry if he gets his farm.
----

Haven't watched a lot of OGN games. Anyone knows what's the schedule for it?
Old 2013-12-29, 20:29   Link #4463
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Haven't watched a lot of OGN games. Anyone knows what's the schedule for it?
lol.gamepedia keeps most tournament schedules up including OGN, typical it will at 4-6 am est LIVE to start (Saturday and Wednesday morning normally for play-offs more often during groupstage), and then there will be free reboardcasts of it all day every few hours. (VODs available on twitch, but aren't free)
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 23:41   Link #4464
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

For the record, OGN vods are now showing up on Youtube. Managed to download the Summer finals from there. Pretty much all of the 2013 OGN coverage is on Youtube now.
Old 2013-12-30, 05:40   Link #4465
Kreceir

Zed x Syndra Comic finally completed and translated
http://imgur.com/a/8ltAH
Old 2013-12-30, 20:05   Link #4466
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

A group called DERP is apparently DDoSing League of Legends NA/EU/OCE servers. They also took down Dota 2, Club Penguin, Battle.net, EA.com. They are taking down whatever game Phantoml0rd is playing (or perhaps, trying to play rolf). Most recent event is Phantoml0rd playing on OCE with stream fans and they took it down.
Phantoml0rd is going to talk with them on skype vent soon. Watch the stream if you would like to see more. EDIT: Conversation done. You can find it in my post under the "Stream events".

PhantomL0rd's Stream Events:

Note: Phantoml0rd claim he does not support nor encourage this behavior. He's just tumbling on this opportunity to try establish a connection with DERP group to know more about their motives. He said so on his stream. My post is just trying to give the information to keep everyone up to date, I'm not trying to criticize anyone.

[5:15PM] Phantoml0rd is currently in contact with the DERP group. You can see the conversation on the stream.
[5:22PM] Conversation disconnected. Here's a screenshot
[5:23PM] Conversation back up on Phantoml0rd stream
[5:25PM] Conversation disconnected again. A screenshot of the second part
[5:35PM] Phantoml0rd starting playing Dota 2. If he loses they win take down Dota 2 again. If he wins they won't. Screenshot
[6:02PM] Dota 2 is offline again.
[6:20PM] 100,000 viewers!
[6:22PM] Vent server back up again. PhantomL0rd is in direct contact with DERP again!
[6:35PM] Vent server went offline. Screenshot 1, Screenshot 2 and Screenshot 3 of the conversation.
[6:50PM] PhantomL0rd is now playing League of Legends on Oceania server. Will it go offline again? We shall see.
[7:08PM] It seems like OCE is having trouble again. PhantomL0rd got disconnected from his game.
[7:15PM] PhatomL0rd AFK. A moderator of the stream said "The cops were called to his house for a hostage situation".
[7:25PM] Even the Twitch staff are concerned now. They are on PhantomL0rd stream chat and banning whoever post disclosed information such as DOX.
[7:28PM] PhantomL0rd confirmed the cops are at his home. Screenshot proof
[7:35PM] Stream is OFFLINE. About more than 140,000 viewers have been spectating the stream.

MAJOR EDIT: So apparently someone called in a fake claim that PhantomL0rd was taking people hostage and cops went to arrest him. After having an automatic rifle aimed at him and being cuffed for a fair amount of time, eventually the cops went into his house and found the claim was a hoax and that PhantomL0rd's account was true, so after getting an account of things, they let him go.

Before he went back online to tell people what happened, people spammed him with fake Domino's orders after his personal details were made public online,,,

And as he was getting close to finishing telling people on his stream what was going on, this time someone called the cops AND the fire department...he is literally back explaining this next round of events....

DERP also sent a message that PhantomL0rd was 'just a test' and that the real event is coming soon....

..............This is getting way out of hand....Multiple servers on multiple games being hacked, cops twice coming for him...and the bastards responsible for this claiming that something bigger is going to happen....

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2013-12-31 at 01:23.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 02:49   Link #4467
Athena
The Power of One

Thanks for the link, Konakaga.

@Last Sinner
Saw that on reddit today. Really surprised at how far this "prank" would go.
Old 2014-01-02, 13:03   Link #4468
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I doubt I'll rarely see a bigger throw than Xenics Storm's throw in Game 3 against Najin White Shield....

Even solo queue throws were less painful then theirs...
Old 2014-01-04, 18:10   Link #4469
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

True ARAM skills:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 22:05   Link #4470
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I'm sorry for double but this deserves its own post:

Old 2014-01-04, 23:52   Link #4471
Athena
The Power of One

What is this "Viktor" champion?
Old 2014-01-05, 00:59   Link #4472
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Friend of mine, ign Josker, just pulled this off.

Spoiler for He finally made it:

If he isn't at Worlds by the end of S5, I will curse the entire Oceanic scene.
Old 2014-01-05, 01:37   Link #4473
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I know LeBlanc just eats Ziggs for breakfast. But does anyone know any other mid champions that can destroy Ziggs? Also congrats to your friend for making to challenger. I feel Ziggs is a hard champion to work with because his kit and the possibility of getting bursted. But fighting against him is a pain because of his wave-clear.
Old 2014-01-05, 02:23   Link #4474
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I know LeBlanc just eats Ziggs for breakfast. But does anyone know any other mid champions that can destroy Ziggs?
Yasuo, Kassadin and Kha'Zix. You need to harass Ziggs from the get-go. Let him get levels and his spam gets out of hand.
Old 2014-01-05, 07:12   Link #4475
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I know LeBlanc just eats Ziggs for breakfast. But does anyone know any other mid champions that can destroy Ziggs? Also congrats to your friend for making to challenger. I feel Ziggs is a hard champion to work with because his kit and the possibility of getting bursted. But fighting against him is a pain because of his wave-clear.
Brand would be a decent opponent for Ziggs - they both have added damage from their passives but Brand's is on the safe zone, he has a larger zone area, harder cc and can farm efficiently. However, Brand lacks an escape tool, so be extra wary of ganks if you decide to pick him.

Hard counters: anyone with dashes (Talon, Zed, etc.) but, as LS stated above, you'll be needing a strong early game...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 09:50   Link #4476
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Brand would be a decent opponent for Ziggs - they both have added damage from their passives but Brand's is on the safe zone, he has a larger zone area, harder cc and can farm efficiently. However, Brand lacks an escape tool, so be extra wary of ganks if you decide to pick him.

Hard counters: anyone with dashes (Talon, Zed, etc.) but, as LS stated above, you'll be needing a strong early game...
and just rage quit if you're against a Yasuo Dashing AND a dat wall? forget it, you're screwed. XD
Old 2014-01-05, 11:32   Link #4477
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Yasuo also has weaknesses early - if your jungler isn't helping to shut Yasuo down, they're an imbecile. And as for teamfighting - considering he's one of the few champs that can be CCed while dashing, just CC the guy and he can be taken out with ease.
Old 2014-01-05, 11:36   Link #4478
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Yasuo also has weaknesses early - if your jungler isn't helping to shut Yasuo down, they're an imbecile. And as for teamfighting - considering he's one of the few champs that can be CCed while dashing, just CC the guy and he can be taken out with ease.
He also has ungodly farming tools for a melee, imo. So shutting him down isn't as simply as most melee, between his q and e a skilled player will pick almost every CS with ease regardless of being behind or attempts at zoning.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 14:15   Link #4479
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Teemo is by far the most overpowered champion right now. With no visibility and when he gets Liandry's Torment. You're going to hit shroom after shroom no matter how much you try to clear them with Sweeper's, Pink Wards. Removing oracle's was a terrible idea! They should find some better way to deal with Evelynn's ganks and Teemo's shrooms.
Old 2014-01-05, 14:59   Link #4480
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

When was the last time you have seen a Teemo in a professional game after the removal of oracle? I'm not really sure why this argument always comes up. Teemo is squishy, aside from a blind has zero contribution to team fights, can't split push, short range, no escape, can't put pressure on towers.

He's a lane bully against melee champions and has free wards, hardly enough to be op.

Tags
league of legends, lol