AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-12-24, 11:51   Link #14581
Eratas123

@ Demi - Don't you know the side effects of relying on drugs tok much? Its not pretty. Also, the painkillers dull the pain, they don't make the effects go away. As I said; his body is weakening and he'll die soon if he doesn't get treatment.
Old 2011-12-24, 11:58   Link #14582
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It was just a misconception on my part about the skullsuit. I assumed the skullsuit forces the body to perform beyond normal, if this continues for a prolonged time then the body becomes adapted to the suit. The suit would act as the main source of power while the body merely provides the energy to perform work. In this case I believed the body would gradually weaken on its own and rely more on the suit. If I took away the suit, it would weaken the body because there would be a lack of support. The demand for energy and hormonal distribution would also get screwed up because those are basically energy the body would provide. With the suit gone, the energy goes nowhere and the excess hormones would alarm hormonal glands to stop or something I dunno.

However it seems the skullsuit works differently from this understanding of mine >.>

EDIT: In short I'm not saying you don't have enough weaknesses, I'm just trying to follow a logic pattern here.

EDIT again: Yes, I am that bored to pursue it.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 12:03   Link #14583
Eratas123

Demi - Then what weaknesses can you suggest? Other than the fact that it killing him, it feels like his muscles are being stabbed, he's forced to rely on drugs, he's slowly starting to get dependent on it, and his body has a harder time functioning without it?
Old 2011-12-24, 12:08   Link #14584
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I only pushed this theory because I remembered you said that the skullsuit immunizes Irish from msot poisons. But that kind of system only works 2 ways. The suits carries multiple antidotes and hormones or the suit ups the body's natural immune system. This in itself is unnatural. If you take away what makes him so immune, the body would seek an equilibrium wouldn't it? Since zero isn't here I can't get him to correct me, so I'm working on assumption. Same goes for his muscles which you indicate to be in pain. If the skullsuit only support and amplifies the physical ability externally then there should be no problem but it seems it stimulates the muscles. If you just take that away then the muscles would just barely respond to the normal impulses because the suit probably sends stronger jolts which the muscles have become accustomed to...

EDIT: sorry I'll keep quiet now
Old 2011-12-24, 12:14   Link #14585
Eratas123

@'Demi - Nah, I love arguing about these things

To answer.

1. He's not immune to drugs, just resistant. Also, this doesn't come from the skull suit, its just something he got from taking drugs at a young age.

2. The skull suit doesn't make him stronger, jt just removes the limit. The human body can use only 30% of its built in strength or it would hurt itself. This means that the limiters are released, but his entire body experiences the pain. If he goes too far, his organs will shut down and kill him.

Before you argue about realism, look at your story and the 1000 swords you're using.
Old 2011-12-24, 12:24   Link #14586
demino_hellsin
That one guy

1. but that would only apply to painkillers if that's all he's been taking. Again only under assumption.

2. How does it break this limiter?

Rika was never supposed to be realistic. But the idea of a thousand blades isn't that you wield them all at once. You scatter them onto a battlefield, use the one you have in hand and if forced to then discard the sword in hand and pick up one of the swords you scattered.
Old 2011-12-24, 12:28   Link #14587
Eratas123

1. Rule of cool. IS painkillers aren't the same as ours.

2. It forces his body to use more. You know when adrenaline forces you to do things you normally couldn't, but then you end up feeling like shit afterwards? Yeah, like that.

Side note - You said she used them all at once. I'm sure you did.
Old 2011-12-24, 12:31   Link #14588
demino_hellsin
That one guy

1. Um... okay...

2. Basically it is forcing a stronger than normal impulse into the muscles. If the suit were removed then normal impulses would barely move the muscles. Technically this argument is negatable if the suit doesn't force the body to operate at 100% all the time. Heck if this counterargument were true then Irish would be nowhere near dying. Removing caps is different from forcing it to overdrive every single second.

Rika technically uses them all because of her style which scatters the swords. When she does this, the whole battlefield becomes her personal armory. It's irrelevant if you disarm her or break her sword or if she would be forced to throw the sword at you. Point is she already has one on the field ready to be plucked and not drawn from a scabbard. This also serves as a sort of mental pressure against the enemy, well supposed to.
Old 2011-12-24, 12:37   Link #14589
Eratas123

1. Really no reason for it other than uniqueness. Besides, some people are just naturally immune to drugs.

2. It doesn't force him to 100% percent all the time. He mostly uses it to compensate for his lack of physical strength. If he reached 100%, he would die afterwards.

Side note - Good luck writing that.
Old 2011-12-24, 12:38   Link #14590
demino_hellsin
That one guy

well it was fun era-era. Gonna go to sleep now.
Old 2011-12-24, 12:47   Link #14591
Eratas123

Gonna stay up and play more skyrim. See ya later
Old 2011-12-24, 14:19   Link #14592
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
I bet FlameSparkZ will be confused if he pop out again now. XD

That aside, this thread is practically untouched by mods. Meanwhile, Nanoha Fanfic Thread is currently having a dramatic tension due to opposite situation.
I'm sure I will...heck, I even thought Tatenashi was an OC, but she's actually a canon character?
Anyone got a picture of her?

My plans at the moment is to finish a date chapter for another fandom that I had put on hold, then I'll try to drop some info here
Old 2011-12-24, 14:51   Link #14593
Eratas123

@ Flame - Here's two pictures:

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...e:IS05_024.jpg

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...e:IS05_231.jpg
Old 2011-12-24, 15:15   Link #14594
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Her IS' stand-by form is a folding fan?!
That's...unusual

Nice hairstyle though...the second pic is the best :3
Old 2011-12-24, 15:51   Link #14595
Eratas123

@ Flame - No, she just loves carrying that fan around for some reason. By the way, here's another two pics:

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...e:IS05_081.jpg

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...e:IS05_099.jpg

These two are less safe.
Old 2011-12-24, 16:37   Link #14596
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
1. Rule of cool. IS painkillers aren't the same as ours.

2. It forces his body to use more. You know when adrenaline forces you to do things you normally couldn't, but then you end up feeling like shit afterwards? Yeah, like that.

Side note - You said she used them all at once. I'm sure you did.
It's called drug tolerance, I guess it's much like if people use too much pain medication, their body adapts to it, and thus requires more to achieve the therapeutic/intended effect.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 19:57   Link #14597
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Meistah - So its like the Mario then?
In a sense, yes. 'Mushrooms' = Forms, then all the whacky powers = Prime Fits.

I found myself creating a blog article. Will be uploading it soon.

It also features Irish, and Eras may facepalm at what I've done to him...
Old 2011-12-24, 21:42   Link #14598
Yachiyo
~`Seito Kaichō`~

Everything is Radiant Ch 4 is up!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7486570/...ing_is_Radiant

Please Read and Review! I gotta go! see ya guys!

*Opens door and leaves the house*
Old 2011-12-24, 22:28   Link #14599
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Ange: "A-Ha! This is it...An IS doesn't need all that extra bluk to support it's weight. All i need to do is slim the proportions down like so..."
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 22:36   Link #14600
demino_hellsin
That one guy

o_ob

So yeah... Anyone else bored?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest