Notices

Old 2010-12-23, 14:38   Link #1781
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep21:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Motoko-san?!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 14:55   Link #1782
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 21:
Old 2010-12-23, 15:19   Link #1783
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Beautifully done.
Spoiler for ep21:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 15:46   Link #1784
Blaat

Personally I don't feel any pity for the Shiki, while I find the human behaviour disturbing (the tea scene comes to mind), the Shiki's current situation is nothing more than consequences of their own actions, they fully deserved it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep21:
He's a monk, not a priest.

Also I had to lol at Sunako being the portable luggage loli, it's going to be the new rage in Japan.

Anyway I'm disappointed we have to wait a year (!!!) to find out what happens to Akira. :\
Old 2010-12-23, 16:03   Link #1785
ninja_pintu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Personally I don't feel any pity for the Shiki, while I find the human behaviour disturbing (the tea scene comes to mind), the Shiki's current situation is nothing more than consequences of their own actions, they fully deserved it.
Only Sunako's group is at fault imo. Rest of them didn't have any control over their actions. After living for so long, Sunako should have known better than to wipe out a whole village to create a bunch of Shiki to rule over. That's greedy.
Spoiler for episode 21:
Old 2010-12-23, 17:29   Link #1786
Field of Lilies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
As for serenade_beta's comparison with spiders, the big difference is that spiders don't have human-like consciousness. And that is an enormous difference.
But that's the funny thing: it goes both ways

What I've enjoyed most about reading the discussions here and on blogs, is that some people feel the human-like consciousness of the Skiki means they don't deserve their fate, while others feel it's exactly that level of conciousness that makes them deserve it I'm not saying one's right and the other wrong, just an observation.
Field of Lilies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 18:16   Link #1787
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep21:
Spoiler for ep 21 character:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_pintu View Post
Spoiler for episode 21:
Spoiler for response and ep 21...:

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 21:18   Link #1788
matapat

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Spoiler for ep21:
matapat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 21:33   Link #1789
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Spoiler for ep21:
Spoiler:

Quote:
He's a monk, not a priest.
Oh!
Now it makes sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Spoiler:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 21:43   Link #1790
onna-chan

Send a message via AIM to onna-chan
What a horrible episode.. The villagers have become murderous killers, it would serve them right if they get killed too. The preview for the next episode doesn't look like it'll end well..

Spoiler for episode 22:

Yuri~licious
onna-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 21:47   Link #1791
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by onna-chan View Post
What a horrible episode.. The villagers have become murderous killers, it would serve them right if they get killed too. The preview for the next episode doesn't look like it'll end well..

Spoiler for episode 22:
Its probably going to leave us with a cliff-hanger possibly? Well that sounds unlikely due to the circumstances that have transpired already.

Spoiler for Reply:
Old 2010-12-23, 21:54   Link #1792
Pilly
Anime watcher

Spoiler for 21:
Pilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 22:07   Link #1793
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for ep 21:

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
CMSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 22:15   Link #1794
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMHerrera View Post
Spoiler for ep 21:
Spoiler for Reply:
Old 2010-12-23, 22:35   Link #1795
PzIVf3

Just like the writers ordered its like they trying to hate us at the human scum but im growing hatred NOW at the human side they are now like a mindless non-human savage beast like what the SS did to the Jews and the Japanese did to Nanking people.

I suspect the sole survivor would be Megumi she the only first victim die in the first episode and its impossible to be die another again in the last episode.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 22:36   Link #1796
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Just like the writers ordered its like they trying to hate us at the human scum but im growing hatred NOW at the human side they are now like a mindless non-human savage beast like what the SS did to the Jews and the Japanese did to Nanking people.

I suspect the sole survivor would be Megumi she the only first victim die in the first episode and its impossible to be die another again in the last episode.
The sole survivors might include..

Megumi/Natsuno/Sunako in my opinion.
Old 2010-12-23, 22:54   Link #1797
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post

Nazi have nothing to do with this. They just happen to be purifying the village. Basically to protect their psychs from the damage of all the killing they are doing, the villagers "dehumanized" the shiki. Just like serenade_beta was implying, it's like they're killing very big roaches. No one sheds any tears for cockroaches.

The ladies break from processing all those bodies were something else. I haven't seen something like that since cat dissection lab. Again, those ex-friends and neighbors are "things" not people. Cockroach or frog is still twitching, shove that stake in further.

It's kind of sad all the people that were made into shiki. At least 3 pits worth of bodies there. Yikes!

And I agree with serenade_beta. That was dumb of Seinshin to go home with Sunako when he was being chased.

Quote:
Also I had to lol at Sunako being the portable luggage loli, it's going to be the new rage in Japan.
Black Butler animated it before Shiki. And before that Darker than BLACK also did it.

Last edited by orion; 2010-12-23 at 23:10.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 23:52   Link #1798
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
...Black Butler animated it (loli in a suitcase) before Shiki. And before that Darker than BLACK also did it.
The original Haruhi has "imouto in a bag" and the good Swedish vampire film "Let the Right One In" has something similar, too. Hey, if it works, use it. And it sure works.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 00:12   Link #1799
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_pintu View Post
Only Sunako's group is at fault imo. Rest of them didn't have any control over their actions. After living for so long, Sunako should have known better than to wipe out a whole village to create a bunch of Shiki to rule over. That's greedy.
I agree with this.

I am one of the neutral people who is sympathetic towards both the humans and the Shiki, however I also believe that whatever bad happens to both is their own fault; excluding those from both sides who didn't actually/directly cause anything, as they only got caught up in the chaos by accident.

And wow, this episode. A lot of what happened was the inevitable, but for the most part, kinda of sad.
Old 2010-12-24, 00:22   Link #1800
maplehurry

Quote:
It's kind of sad all the people that were made into shiki. At least 3 pits worth of bodies there. Yikes!
They should've ran away asap (like Tatsumi suggested at first), at least then more of them would've survived, in their pov.

Bad leader is bad (well, more like not good enough)...

And it's pretty inconvenient that Toshio can't follow Ookawa's gang, otherwise Seishin's relatives would not be killed.

Last edited by maplehurry; 2010-12-24 at 02:28.
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, shounen, supernatural, vampire