AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ichika 14 7.69%
Nino 30 16.48%
Miku 95 52.20%
Yotsuba 23 12.64%
Itsuki 18 9.89%
Other 2 1.10%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2020-01-08, 04:42   Link #4961
Lex79

Strictly speaking, Yotsuba needs to talk only with Nino. Ichika already moved on, Itsuki was never in the competition. But if Negi wants for Yotsuba to receive the blessing of all her sisters before accepting her feelings, he can easily find a way to spend a chapter on Ichika and Itsuki too.
Old 2020-01-08, 05:09   Link #4962
WingedAccelerator

Ichika created an issue here, because she was allowed to spend majority of the last chapter with Fuutarou. If she gets another chapter in a similar fashion to Miku's chapter, then where is Nino's and Miku's chapter with Fuutarou? If I'm not mistaken, their last dialogue with Fuutarou is from Itsuki's second chapter from the festival, before Fuutarou goes to their apartment.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-08, 05:34   Link #4963
Lex79

They probably won't have one. Ichika's time with Fuutarou was about developing his relationship with Yotsuba and that wouldn't work with Nino and Miku.
Old 2020-01-08, 07:34   Link #4964
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Just read the new chapter and, farewell, Miku;
Next is simply Nino approval, probably Itsuki too if she considered relevant by author.

Not sure if I can consider this chapter as good send off to her.

She's the most developed among quints. Summed it into "Right, all this time I always hate myself. Now not again." is just sad;
Undermined effort she gave, difficulty that she may not aware of such as how her sisters disguised as her to directed MC to their favor.

Then again, what to say, the truth is she never his first ally to begin with.
At least for a more developed character, she got a proper send off, not a Masamune kind of treatment.
Old 2020-01-08, 10:11   Link #4965
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Ichika still dangerous
if Yotsuba could not settle this fast, Ichika might rise again to steal the show

I still could not think that Miku gave up this fast considering how careful the author built up her feelings from the very beginning

and again.. Itsuki... is she really just going to be like this till the end? This is almost not a story of quintuple anymore.. only 4 are relevant
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-08, 10:49   Link #4966

Dunno how Nino would get roped into this.
Yotsuba's issue is supposedly solved after she got told for the 10th time. All that's left is her telling everyone that she's not going to run away and that's it.
What is she going to say to Nino? Apologize again for not understanding her feelings? Nino probably doesn't want to talk about it either. Just go and do your thing without worrying about her.
And with how Miku said she's not going to push Yotsuba (though she kinda does in the end) I doubt Nino is going to do that either.
The other option is Nino pushing Fuutarou, but that's fucking disgusting.

I'd like to see Nino's thoughts, so she can get some kind of closure, though.
256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-08, 11:17   Link #4967
Rinvelt
駄目人間

>Miku always has headphones on her.
>Never listen to music.

So, yeah, it's just here because she thinks they look good on her?
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-08, 14:24   Link #4968
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
They probably won't have one. Ichika's time with Fuutarou was about developing his relationship with Yotsuba and that wouldn't work with Nino and Miku.
Ichika got the full course if you count Branching Moment as well. Advice to Yotsuba, while Fuutarou thanks her for all the help she did for him, them, even if Miku needed to force it out of him. Nino, Miku and Itsuki more than earned something like that whenever it comes, otherwise it's unrealistic that he won't even have more meaningful dialogue with them or just avoids them. Graduating with smiles on their faces should be still a goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Not sure if I can consider this chapter as good send off to her.

She's the most developed among quints. Summed it into "Right, all this time I always hate myself. Now not again." is just sad;
Undermined effort she gave, difficulty that she may not aware of such as how her sisters disguised as her to directed MC to their favor.

Then again, what to say, the truth is she never his first ally to begin with.
At least for a more developed character, she got a proper send off, not a Masamune kind of treatment.
It's not a good sendoff simply because it used for another Yotsuba counseling session and the message Negi tried to deliver is "Look, how happy Miku is, look, cute Miku panels everywhere! Are you satisfied, Miku supporters?". But when you think about it more, now with self-hatred there, it really feels like he just fabricated some resolution at the last minute, while its only purpose was to pander the Miku supporters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinvelt View Post
>Miku always has headphones on her.
>Never listen to music.

So, yeah, it's just here because she thinks they look good on her?
Not quite true.
If you are referring to this chapter, she had problem choosing a song, which she can sing. This doesn't outright tells you she doesn't listen to music at all, but she has trouble selecting something, which she can sing well. I always wondered, do they have foreign songs in these karaoke places? Or what if she listen to death metal?

In the manga, we saw her using the headpones in a flashback, where she is playing the sengoku game and after she came back from the bakery one time. There was also that time on the rooftop. But since Itsuki also borrowed it during the midterms, she probably uses it for noise cancelling more.
Negi decided it's going to be her distinguishable accessory, simple as that. He even regretted it, because it's hard to draw.
Old 2020-01-08, 14:47   Link #4969
Lex79

Quote:
Ichika got the full course if you count Branching Moment as well. Advice to Yotsuba, while Fuutarou thanks her for all the help she did for him, them, even if Miku needed to force it out of him. Nino, Miku and Itsuki more than earned something like that whenever it comes, otherwise it's unrealistic that he won't even have more meaningful dialogue with them or just avoids them. Graduating with smiles on their faces should be still a goal.
If we had one more volume left I'd agree easily with you, but the end is too near. I'd be fine if Negi dedicates some panels or pages to show Nino, Fuutarou and Miku going back to their friendship, but I definitely don't want a closure chapter for each remaining quintuplet. For Itsuki, I think her three part arc during the festival already said everything about her relationship with Fuutarou, if she has to get the spotlight again it makes more sense if it's about Rena/KG.
Old 2020-01-08, 15:08   Link #4970
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Not quite true.
If you are referring to this chapter, she had problem choosing a song, which she can sing. This doesn't outright tells you she doesn't listen to music at all, but she has trouble selecting something, which she can sing well. I always wondered, do they have foreign songs in these karaoke places? Or what if she listen to death metal?

In the manga, we saw her using the headpones in a flashback, where she is playing the sengoku game and after she came back from the bakery one time. There was also that time on the rooftop. But since Itsuki also borrowed it during the midterms, she probably uses it for noise cancelling more.
Negi decided it's going to be her distinguishable accessory, simple as that. He even regretted it, because it's hard to draw.
Yeah but, then why is the song she chose to sing one that she was forced to listen by Nino? It's not like she learnt the lyrics, so might as well sing something you listened many times because you like the song. Doesn't make sense.
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-08, 15:39   Link #4971
WingedAccelerator

My point with the foreign music and death metal was that we don't even know if she listens to any Japanese music. I legit don't know if these karaoke places have anything foreign to sing there. Or she could be a fan of super traditional japanese music, which doesn't even have lyrics. We will never know.

Quote:
If we had one more volume left I'd agree easily with you, but the end is too near. I'd be fine if Negi dedicates some panels or pages to show Nino, Fuutarou and Miku going back to their friendship, but I definitely don't want a closure chapter for each remaining quintuplet. For Itsuki, I think her three part arc during the festival already said everything about her relationship with Fuutarou, if she has to get the spotlight again it makes more sense if it's about Rena/KG.
Speaking of which, the release date for the final volume is April 17th.
This could hint towards a longer final volume, because in case of 4-5 chapters being left, they could have just release it with the usual 2 month break before the previous one, so in March, not to mention it would release the same day as the final character book. But no. Either more than 5 chapters or a lot of extras, bonuses that need time to be prepared. For the record, I give 1 month and a bit more for printing before release. That's why if the manga ends in early February, I see no reason why the final volume would release not in middle March, but middle April.
Old 2020-01-08, 16:12   Link #4972
Lex79

Well, I hope that's the case, given the amount of things left to be addressed,more chapters would definitely be welcome.
Old 2020-01-08, 16:56   Link #4973
Wandering Soul

Well, goodbye Miku. You didn't win, but you grew and learned to appreciate yourself.
Old 2020-01-08, 18:18   Link #4974
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Speaking of which, the release date for the final volume is April 17th.
This could hint towards a longer final volume, because in case of 4-5 chapters being left, they could have just release it with the usual 2 month break before the previous one, so in March, not to mention it would release the same day as the final character book. But no. Either more than 5 chapters or a lot of extras, bonuses that need time to be prepared. For the record, I give 1 month and a bit more for printing before release. That's why if the manga ends in early February, I see no reason why the final volume would release not in middle March, but middle April.
Something I also pointed out in the Bokuben thread. Final volumes are usually printed faster than regular volumes in order to boost the sales. Usually the time difference is 3-4 weeks from the final chapter for weekly or bi-weekly manga even if the regular volumes are published 6-10 weeks from the last chapter of the volume. So, yeah, the final volume could be longer.
Old 2020-01-09, 22:49   Link #4975
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Hopefully everyone had happy holiday weeks like I did with my vacay.

Going by what is being discussed, as for volume releases, I have 4 complete physical manga series on my shelf. Your Lie in April has exactly 4 chapters in the final volume like the rest of the other volumes, and my English copy of Cross Game has exactly 10 chapters in the 'final volume' (English copy combines multiple volumes, but the 'real final volume' is still 10 chapters). My Love Hina actually finishes early even if you count epilogue chapters, while I can't locate my final volume of Legend of Basara, but I'm pretty sure vol 27 wasn't any larger than the other volumes.

(I also know for sure Ichigo 100% also finished about halfway through the final volume I borrowed from a friend, as I'm still butthurt about it that I doubt I'll ever forget. )

So yeah, as far as I'm aware, there are limitations one can do with the final volume, as IIRC manga volume printing in Japan is standardized in size (both in terms of dimensions and page count - same reason why vol 1 only has 5 chapters). Maybe one extra chapter, or two max if one takes away all the extras, but AFAIK it is very rare that the final volume is any larger than the other volumes. If anything, 5toubun is more likely to finish earlier than c122, because either Negi feels like the story should end before the page limit of the volume is reached, or like in volume 1 he would be writing longer individual chapters so he is fitting less chapters in the same volume.

As for the latest chapter, man Negi really likes having Miku take potshots at Nino, doesn't he? "Nino can also be useful too, surprisingly" and "Nino throwing a fit is par on course."

Quote:
Strictly speaking, Yotsuba needs to talk only with Nino. Ichika already moved on, Itsuki was never in the competition. But if Negi wants for Yotsuba to receive the blessing of all her sisters before accepting her feelings, he can easily find a way to spend a chapter on Ichika and Itsuki too.
I thought the entire point of the latest chapter is that Yotsuba should NOT get or even attempt to get her sisters' blessing in dating Fuutarou? Miku did say...

"'You don't have to worry about us, you can go ahead and start dating him'... was that something you thought I'd say?"

And...

"As a little show of resistance, I'm definitely not going to give you a push."

And boy did Miku not give her a push alright. This is because while Yotsuba feels guilty that she 'dragged' her sisters into transferring with her (ie. causing them 'misfortune'), Miku does not feel that way at all. On the contrary, Miku feels fortunate in transferring with Yotsuba because then she got to meet Fuutarou. If Miku tells Yotsuba this, then that's the ultimate form of giving her blessing as not only does it give Yotsuba the green light, but it will take away Yotsuba's guilt that has chained her thus far.

But Miku does NOT tell Yotsuba, because she's still hurt and angry. While she won't stop Yotsuba from pursuing Fuutarou, she certainly won't help her either... a sentiment shared by all sisters that is romantically interested in Fuu. Which is understandable and actually incredibly realistic... Miku won't play the sore loser card, but she's not going to help remove the guilty feelings Yotsuba has. Yotsuba needs to figure this out on her own.

You see, for once Yotsuba NEEDS to be selfish, because her entire problem lies in that she is too selfless. Ichika, Nino, and/or Miku giving their blessings will not solve Yotusba's main flaw in her character... in fact, the only way for Yotsuba to truly overcome her inner demons is to actually take Fuutarou WITHOUT any blessing from her sisters.

Why do I know this? Because Miku/Yotsuba picking the same song to sing is basically an allegory to Yotsuba's problem. Them picking the same song is basically them both picking Fuutarou, and what is Yotsuba's immediate reaction? "Sorry, I will change my pick." Then Miku accidentally deleted the song, which is akin to Yotsuba giving up the idea of Fuutarou during the time Yotsuba was helping Miku with her bread. But after Miku explains to Yotsuba that she's mad at her, won't give her a push, and Yotsuba has no choice but to accept their anger rather than try and calm it? Yotsuba goes "Sorry I let you have it earlier, but I really want to sing this song too," signifying that she is now ready to go after Fuutarou.

In essence, this chapter is Yotsuba finally truly understanding what Fuutarou said during the Kyoto trip... that choosing someone means not choosing someone else. If Yotsuba indeed has chosen to follow her romantic feelings, then she has no choice but to truly move past the guilt that chains her and accept her sisters' anger for not being chosen. There is no world where Yotsuba dates Fuutarou while at the same time all her sisters would be truly happy for her (in fact, Nisekoi's "bake the cake" particularly irked me because I couldn't accept how that person moved on so easily). As such she has to learn to accept that sometimes, one has no choice to be 'selfish' and pursuing one's love is innately so. After all, isn't being husband and wife means that one's spouse is more 'special' than any other?

In any case, this is the reason why I really don't buy the theory that, as /a/ puts it, that Yotsuba is the "King Cobra" to Ichika's "Snake". Oh believe me, I would 100% want Yotsuba to be "King Cobra" (if people don't remember, I'm actually one of a couple of posters here who actually loved Ichika during her 'snek' phase XD), as that puts her 'people manipulation skills' to the next fricking level.

By that i mean if Yotsuba did intentionally manipulate her sisters, she successfully made Ichika self-destruct during Kyoto trip, then later on has Ichika be the one telling her to do what she (Yotsuba) wants. Not only that, but Yotsuba successfully prevented Ichika from stopping Maruo in getting Nino in SE, and Yotsuba would probably be the one who took Nino's letter. This would also mean that Yotsuba is the BK because she was insanely jealous when Fuutarou 'recognized' Miku and thus she snaked in the kiss, and then kill the second bird (Miku's momentum) through Ichika's snake antics (which she awakened) AND Yotsuba 'accidentally' blurting out Miku's plan to confess. All of this doesn't even count Itsuki who is her literal henchman. XD

In all honesty, I think nothing would be better than the series ending on the last page, after getting Fuutarou's ring and kiss at the wedding, the manga ends with a crazy looking Yotsuba going "Keikaku doori." But alas, that goes against Yotsuba's internal conflict, her ongoing character development, and everything the latest chapter is trying to address. That's basically would be me trying to fit what I want the story to be, rather than trying to understand what story Negi is trying to tell... and THAT would be hypocritical as I always have said to keep an open mind.

Because really, if Yotsuba is as dastardly heinous as people claim, she would have no inhibitions revealing to Fuutarou that she was KG when he was still totally obsessed with her post-hospital-visit, and we wouldn't even have a story in the first place.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-10, 03:15   Link #4976
WingedAccelerator

Early spoilers this week. I expect entertaining reactions, if anyone still cares.

Spoiler for Chapter 117:
Old 2020-01-10, 03:25   Link #4977
Lex79

Please don't, Negi. Don't.
Old 2020-01-10, 03:47   Link #4978

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Come on, Negi! Fuck everything up! Make Itsuki win, I don't even care now.

And Nino continues being used as a cheap villain for no reason while the real plot misses her. Bravo!
256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-10, 04:00   Link #4979
WingedAccelerator

I think I said in the past that in Chapter 82, during Nino's speech, Yotsuba and Itsuki shares the "I'm still not sure whether time has any bearing on love." panel. Obviously, Yotsuba as KG had all the time in the world to do something, while I said Itsuki is either going to be the last to fall in love, not even enter the bowl or enters, when it's too late. It's in character to be honest, because she was always on guard with Fuutarou, and time to time questioned what even the other sisters like about him. So combine her personality with her distrust in her sisters' judgement, and you got a real tragedy.

I'm afraid 86k will be the only data on Nino's character book, since Kimetsu is still going strong.
Old 2020-01-10, 04:08   Link #4980
Lex79

It would feel incredibly insulting to us Itsuki fans if Negi makes her fall for Fuutarou in the last volume, after he already chose his future bride, depriving us of the chance to see romantic development between the two, just so he can say all the quintuplets were in love with the main character.

Tags
dumpster fire, first girl after all, harem, privileged main heroine, quintuplets, retcon, student-tutor, train wreck