AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2020-11-12, 15:07   Link #341
Qliphoth Bacikal

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Circuit is a technology unique to the WIC.
The most main stream is the Rosenkreutz Circuit which creates the red eye.
Then there is the Wallace Circuit which later leads to the invention of Wallace Network.
Finally there is Weishaupt Circuit, which the detail has not yet been disclosed to us.

The cracking is common knowledge for almost everyone that's in the knows.
WIC and the Foundation naturally knows about it.
Ruling hierarchy of the Northern Empire also does.

WIC is especially interested in conducting Phenomenal Cracking Experiments.
Sharnoth and Valusia are both WIC's attempt at doing so.
Right, right. And ah, didn't know they had one that later created their verse's version of the internet. Society is really ahead of their time with them tech lol.

I see. Given what you said about the Foundation that one time, it'd be natural for Edison to share it to his organization. Ruling hierarchy, I can get. Astaire would be one part of that given his title.

The Society is the one I feel odd with them knowing, since Edison seem like he'd have to tell them about it or that they got their knowledge elsewhere like maybe through Thoth...hmm. But knowing how they somehow managed to know what a Kikai and Meta=Critter (the Sharnoth one) are to make Copy Fausts and Chrome Bodies, I can roll with them just being able to find out anyway they can.

Ah. Let me guess, by attempts it means they failed huh?
Qliphoth Bacikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-12, 20:39   Link #342
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Yep. They failed miserably because they use outside sources as the focal point of the experiment. M in Sharnoth and Horror in Volusia.
If you are wondering why the WIC is doing some of the things they did...It is because the Golden King is obsessed in copying anything that Edison had done. Ghakthun is like the perfect example of that.

Astaire was able to conduct his own Cracking Experiment with Thoth's help. But I don't remember if Thoth gave Astaire any fragments of the Green Secret Book.
The experiment became a horrifying mass with Edison writing Grim Grim into the codes.
But Astaire's experiment is still successful in the end thanks to Dr.Guy ascending to the top of the Golden Spiral Stairway.

Last edited by shmaster; 2020-11-13 at 02:13.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-13, 00:33   Link #343
Qliphoth Bacikal

Big OOF to that. Especially with having M involved.

Oh wow... Golden King trying to do what big E/Moon King has done is such an amusing thought.

Definitely went complete bonkers that time, but the end result was achieved at least.

Speaking of Edison, it's nice for Sona Nyl Refrain to finally be done now with its editing (a month old now, but still...finally there). Only thing to really do is wait out whenever Mangagamer's done doing anything else like imaging work and beta testing that they do.
Old 2020-12-29, 16:30   Link #344
Qliphoth Bacikal

I know this was explained before here earlier but just wanted to make sure I got this right.

A Meta=Critter is a kind of Cracking Being, right? I've seen this listed for them on @wiki, but where was this exactly stated for them in Sharnoth? AFAIK, the Meta=Critter in London was formed due to "certain conditions" like through the wishes/desires and thoughts of humans and something related to the Green Stone and Charlotte's own Meta=Critter and of Sharnoth and the Golden Eye.

But never on being Cracking Beings. So either there is a point I missed in the VN and even its WN, or it's elaborated a bit in other materials.
Old 2020-12-30, 02:48   Link #345
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Sharnoth didn't state it specifically. So you didn't miss anything.

To put it in very simply terms.

Critters are what became of myth and legends that already existed.
Meta=Critters are fantasies based off specific human emotion and desires.
Shadows are modern mytho on internet.
Old 2021-01-04, 20:12   Link #346
Qliphoth Bacikal

Quote:
Sharnoth didn't state it specifically. So you didn't miss anything.

To put it in very simply terms.

Critters are what became of myth and legends that already existed.
Meta=Critters are fantasies based off specific human emotion and desires.
Shadows are modern mytho on internet.
Figures. I don't think it's untrue, but it would have been nice if Sakurai had been more direct with it at the time. But eh, I take what I get and ah.

Reminds me of another species in Steampunk I have to ask if it doesn't hurt to answer this one.

Grom reading Valusia's blog glossary, a Fullvoice Reborn short story of Sharnoth, and a bonus chapter in Engine Dictionary, Old Ones are a race of illusions that were once part of human life until we progressed in civilization and "science" that ended up pushing them out of our lives to the point most of them ended up disappearing.

Other than that, is there any other piece of info I need to know about them or I pretty much got what I learned to know about Old Ones?
Old 2021-01-05, 03:08   Link #347
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Old Ones are incarnation of nature. They might be interpreted as gods or spirits by various different religion and faith. But in the end, Old Ones are just Old Ones.
Old Ones, they are what's warm, they are what fills the world. They are the ones without form.

Among the Old Ones exist Toth=Hyubris=Rom and Eriel=Eril=Rom, who are the original Shupralpusel, a humanoid race with Golden Eye. They came from the City of Grey on the moon, where the Great Old Ones and Outer Gods once reigned in their Divine Vessels.
This race is the ancestor of all "human" race in Kadath, their descendants, the Pusel, all have the potential to naturally be born with Golden Eye.

As many mystical race fades away as the fantasies became forgotten and replaced by science. These race choose to mate with Shupralpusel and Pusels to pass on their blood into "human" race to prevent extinction, leading to the birth of various demi human races in Kadath.
Old 2021-01-05, 14:44   Link #348
Qliphoth Bacikal

This one I get from the Valusia Blog term, yeah.

Toth=Rom's an Old One? Whoa. And Eriel is like his sister I take from Atwiki's mention. And ahh...I got the Ulthar book so I definitely gotta read some of that then on them.

And oooh. An ancient race that's an ancestor to all "human" race in Kadath? That definitely explains how there can be human characters on Kadath.

Can I assume Illusions on Earth=Old Ones on Kadath?

Last edited by Qliphoth Bacikal; 2021-01-05 at 19:11.
Old 2021-01-05, 22:14   Link #349
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Ulthar has a book now?
Old 2021-01-05, 23:38   Link #350
Qliphoth Bacikal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Ulthar has a book now?
Oh, I mean I have one of those Ulthar Thoughts(?) book Sakurai published for the preparation of Ulthar. Forgot to specify that here, my bad.
Old 2021-01-06, 00:05   Link #351
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I am surprised Ulthar is anything more than a single page at this point TBH
Old 2021-01-06, 00:09   Link #352
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qliphoth Bacikal View Post
Can I assume Illusions on Earth=Old Ones on Kadath?
I wouldn't say so.
Old Ones are Old Ones, no more no less.
Old 2021-01-06, 12:58   Link #353
Qliphoth Bacikal

Quote:
I am surprised Ulthar is anything more than a single page at this point TBH
The book I'm talking about was published back in August 2013 which given how long it's been since and Sakurai hasn't really done anything much for the series up to now well...

Quote:
I wouldn't say so.
Old Ones are Old Ones, no more no less.
Ah, alright.
Old 2021-12-28, 00:10   Link #354
Qliphoth Bacikal

Revial time on this.

A while back I got me some of these Liarsoft magazines that got extra stories for each and every one of the main Steampunk entries (or at least most of them) and I read one...or several surrounding Crack Chrome. The story was pretty interesting to expand more on Crack Chrome, as he was one of my faves despite being one of the more obscure chars in Inganock if not Steampunk as a whole. And it did give some closure on something related to him by the time the main Inganock story kicked in.

That said:

Spoiler for Story related content:
Old 2021-12-29, 00:35   Link #355
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Critter Marionette has the blessing of Tick Tock Man (aka doomed to be his plaything) and knows the truth behind the fiasco in Inganock. And she attempted to break free by trying to control Crack Chrome to kill Remur=Remur, which will sabotage the whole purpose of Inganock.
As for why Crack Chrome ended up that way? TICK TOCK TICK TOCK. Morale of the story, when you see a clock, watch, or any device that display time, DON'T touch it.

So yeah, Marionette's entire effort to become free is futile, her only purpose is to drive Crack Chrome into despair. First by controlling him, and finally by passing that watch to him in death. All just for the entertainment of that one outer god.

Last edited by shmaster; 2022-07-10 at 02:07.
Old 2021-12-29, 15:12   Link #356
Qliphoth Bacikal

Quote:
Critter Marionette has the blessing of Tick Tock Man (aka doomed to be his plaything) and knows the truth behind the fiasco in Inganock. And she attempted to break free by trying to control Crack Chrome to kill Remur=Remur, which will sabotage the whole purpose I
of Inganock.
As for why Crack Chrome ended up that way? TICK TOCK TICK TOCK. Morale of the story, when you see a clock, watch, or any device that display time, DON'T touch it.

So yeah, Marionette's entire effort to become free is futile, her only purpose is to drive Crack Chrome into despair. First by controlling him, and finally by passing that watch to him in death. All just for the entertainment of that one outer god.
Ah.

Oof. I figure I was gonna ask an obvious question but damn, Tick Tock Man really do be evil for the lulz. To think even Critters are his playthings as much as humans are.

The other stories for other works like Sharnoth and Sona Nyl gotta be interesting to read too. Surprised there are websites like Suruga-ya JP that sell them.
Old 2021-12-30, 05:20   Link #357
Qliphoth Bacikal

--And she attempted to break free by trying to control Crack Chrome to kill Remur=Remur, which will sabotage the whole purpose I
of Inganock.

I'm confused a bit here. What exactly would killing Lemure=Lemure...or Remur=Remur(?) would have caused again to mess up Inganock's plot?
Old 2021-12-30, 10:59   Link #358
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

That's because Arch Duke Astaire started the whole Renaissance for the Purpose of reviving him.
Remember when Inganock begin heading into its end after Dr. Guy have beaten Remur? Because Remur lost his chance of getting revived.
Old 2021-12-30, 16:21   Link #359
Qliphoth Bacikal

Quote:
That's because Arch Duke Astaire started the whole Renaissance for the Purpose of reviving him.
Remember when Inganock begin heading into its end after Dr. Guy have beaten Remur? Because Remur lost his chance of getting revived.
Oh yeah...I remember that, right.

But Inganock was still saved tho because of Gii ascending the Golden Spiral Staircase and having the city released along with Porshion being revived, yeah?

So Astaire's revival/rebirth/resurrection plan worked, just not with who he had intended to?
Old 2021-12-30, 16:32   Link #360
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Yes, the Renaissance still completed its purpose with Dr. Guy ascended to the very end of the Golden Spiral Stairway. This ascension is the prerequisite to perform the revival of the unborn child in the first place.
"What's beautiful" took form regardless of the circumstances once the ascension is achieved.

Tags
喝采せよ!喝采せよ!, clock crack chrome!, lovecraftian fairytale