Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-08-29, 21:55   Link #301
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
Fair enough,but the loli factor pretty much turned me off the show, not by itself mind you it was merely the last straw.

Black Lagoon is over rated LOL but its got a decent balance of action and story

Hellsign was cute it managed to keep me interested in a OTT horror gore fest with a interesting story however it died half way through it, and the OVAs are pointless re tellings of the TV show only with "more" gore.

eek if WHR puts you to sleep I'd hate to think what a better anime would do,have you seen Seirei no Moribito, its probly one of the the most enchanting animes I have seen yet.

Perhaps I am burn out on generic anime only watching 10 or so shows at once LOL
Well in the case of WHR I had actually been following the project pre-production and was totally syked for it...I thought it was gonna be incredible...I even gave the first half of the series a mulligan, but boy to my surprise the show was so methodically slow and lacking high level action I became embarrassed to all my friends I had begged to watch it...It was prolly more of a case of misplaced expectations...I get the drift you feel the same way about DMC, prolly expecting something else, while I really had no expectations beyond another demon-hunter show and was pleasently surprised it was more than that...
Old 2007-08-31, 05:05   Link #302
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
and the OVAs are pointless re tellings of the TV show only with "more" gore.
Kouta Hirano got his hands on the OVAs for a very good reason. Tell me where did you see the nazis in the TV series. Because we are not seeing the same Hellsing TV series and OVAs.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 11:23   Link #303
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Kouta Hirano got his hands on the OVAs for a very good reason. Tell me where did you see the nazis in the TV series. Because we are not seeing the same Hellsing TV series and OVAs.
The OVA bear the same plot as the series only with less story and more gore action ,its pointless extras sold to rabid fans.

Despite the flaws of the TV series it was for more entertaining.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 17:13   Link #304
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

So there will be an OVA? Definitely looking forward to that. This TV-series is hugely disappointing. Only ep.11 was good, I'm guess ep.12 will be too. But 2 good eps out of a 12 eps series is pretty bad.
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 17:28   Link #305
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
The OVA bear the same plot as the series only with less story and more gore action ,its pointless extras sold to rabid fans.
You got it wrong.

Most of the hardcore fans considered Hellsing TV as a failure because it deviated from the manga's plot. Those who are more forgiving to the TV series point out the fact the manga was not so quite in an advanced stage when the anime was made.

But when one start to come up with original material as bad as those found in fanfiction.net (because it is what I think of Incognito) and deviate from the original plot, a blacklash from purists and the author has to be expected.

And of course there are more gore action, it was all in the manga. Gonzo just nerfed the violence to fit the TV format.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 20:14   Link #306
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:

Despite the flaws of the TV series it was for more entertaining.

Actually, the TV series and the OVA series goes over similar material up 'til the Valentine Brothers arc. After that, the OVA series is different from the TV series. The OVA series is being faithful to the manga.

@TougeSil80: The OVA is already out in R1. Vol. 3 is coming out on October 16th.
Old 2007-08-31, 21:29   Link #307
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Sheba

So that dose not mean in terms of shows its "better" I enjoy Hamlin's TV show tons more than the crappy movie/ova that was made for it, basically tis the same for Hellsing while the TV series was flawed it did a fine job of running a story,the OVAs are gore feasts directed at the manga fans that already know the story's.

Merely saying as far as whole story driven content goes the TV is better the OVA is merely by fans for fans and focused on action, prehaps when the OVAs are complete it will be worth a review but as it is you need to be a action,gore fan or fan of the manga to give a damn for it.

orion
I believe TougeSil80 is asking for about a DMC OVA.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 19:58   Link #308
orion

I think that if you view Hellsing TV as an alternate universe title and not related to the manga at all after the Valentine Brothers arc then everyone will be happy. It is an example of why people groan when they hear that GONZO is adapting a title based on a manga that hasn't ended imo.

Now back to DMC...

Yeah, ep. 11 pulled it all together for those naysayers out there.

Spoiler for ep. 11:

I vote for an OVA if they age Patty, bring back Lady and Trish, give us more signature moves for Dante and keep the plots, BGM and insert songs on the same level or higher as they did for this series.

Of course that would mean that....

Spoiler for promo for ep. 12:

Last edited by orion; 2007-09-02 at 20:12.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 19:04   Link #309
Omfgbbqwtf

Just finished watching the last episode. Obviously, it is the best episode. It has enough action scenes to wrapped up the series. Everyone gets involved in the action. Can't really complain too much with the way they end the series, but I do have 1 question: What exactly is Dante's special move? they didn't seem to show it in the last episode either, so... anyone got a clip or maybe a description?
Omfgbbqwtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 19:25   Link #310
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Spoiler for Ep.12:
Old 2007-09-08, 20:53   Link #311
orion

Spoiler for ep. 12:

Nice ending too imo. Ep. 12 was the best one in the series imo.

Omfgbbqwtf, if you don't mind game spoilers look here and go to section G.

Last edited by orion; 2007-09-08 at 21:26.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 10:38   Link #312
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Why must Madhouse deny us like that?

That power he was about to use was called Devil Trigger

And Madhouse does it off screen.

Episode 1 and 4 were the only good ones. Sorry to say, this is the biggest disappointment anime-wise of the year for me.
Royal_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 11:09   Link #313
zalem

WTF?!!! What the hell is wrong with Madhouse? That would have been so awesome to see animated.
Old 2007-09-13, 18:03   Link #314
Hydex

Not knowing anything of the game (It's not like I own any console anyway), I found this anime quite good. Best of the season for me.
Hydex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-15, 03:52   Link #315
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Devil View Post

Episode 1 and 4 were the only good ones. Sorry to say, this is the biggest disappointment anime-wise of the year for me.
Agreed. It would've been so awesome if they animated the ultimate devil trigger.
Old 2007-09-16, 00:00   Link #316
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Finally finished this series last night and while it wasn't near what I had expected I still enjoyed it...I actually went into it expecting your average demon-hunter, shoot-em-up bloody gorefest, but what I found was a series with good style, expressionism, and with a very quaint and down to earth attitude...Not the best series ever in this genre, but I respected how it tried to take very predictable content and give it a creative spin with a "slice of life" feel...Overall kinda dissapointed it only went 12 eps because some more characters and situations definatley could have been fleshed out...That said though, not a bad 2 and a half months of life-wasting...
Old 2007-09-16, 01:32   Link #317
hipeach

I went really LOL when
Spoiler for ep12:
hipeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-17, 22:45   Link #318
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Devil View Post

Maybe they wanted to present a more humanized Dante, didn't have the budget to animate it properly or are saving Devil Trigger for a bigger foe. Devil Trigger would look awesome if animated properly.

Or in a worse case scenario, it's a DVD only scene.
Old 2007-09-17, 22:53   Link #319
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Maybe they wanted to present a more humanized Dante,
They'd done plenty of that already throughout the series. If they wanted to do that so badly now then they shouldn't have used DT in the first place.

Quote:
didn't have the budget to animate it properly
That was obvious with the QUALITY in earlier episodes. It's still a poor excuse for getting my hopes up.

Quote:
or are saving Devil Trigger for a bigger foe.
What bigger foe? The series is over. There are no more foes for Dante to face in the anime. That was the biggest foe in the series.

If they were using the novels for source material as well I think they should have taken a modified take on the Gilver story. A character like that would bring out the best in Dante.
Royal_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 00:39   Link #320
orion

I meant that if another TV series or OVA is being planned then they may be saving DT for that foe. Sort of like with Hellsing. Arucard doesn't go all out until he gets near the end of the series.

Besides having a human population see DT would not be in his best interest either. The human population would ostracize him just like that other guy did in the earlier episode. Maybe if another series is planned, his foe is stronger, and he is fighting in another dimension, we'll see DT in all its glory.

Of course, there is the unknown factor of how an anime viewing population would react to DT. What may be cool as a game maneuver could induce yawns from an anime watcher who has seen transformations out of the wazoo.

Tags
action, madhouse