AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-10-23, 18:36   Link #1261
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Damn it, this album is A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

My favorite was Samidare 20 Love, it's got a different feel from other K-ON songs but it was a nice change.

Honey Sweet Tea Time was adorable~ Really satisfied with this song because they only gave us a few chords of this song for so long.

Tenshi ni Furetayo! returns, and it's just as wonderful as ever. I love how it's a collaborated effort with the vocals.

Fuyu no Hi was cute, I didn't expect any less from Yui-chan~

Houkago Tea Time was interesting. As soon as I heard the slow pace, I was worried. Carrying the band's name in the title warrants high expectations, so I was worried it would be too boring. However, the chorus was strong, and the song was good in general. Not my favorite, unfortunately.

Ichigo Parfait Ga Tomaranai was upbeat and exciting. Finally we hear this song, and I liked it - not at first, but soon after. It's like a slightly glorified Gohan wa Okazu.

Tokimeki Sugar, I don't know what to think of yet. It's upbeat and fun, but it doesn't interest me like the others for some reason. Of course, I'm sure I'll grow to like it really soon anyways.

And don't even get me started on the remastered tracks - I was worried that they'd just release the same songs again, but they actually re-recorded them using a different playing style. You can hear the changes, and I'm glad that they made them.

Now to learn these songs and wait for the next 3 character albums^.^
Old 2010-10-23, 18:53   Link #1262
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
Best part of the Cassette Mix, the intro to Gohan wa Okazu:

Spoiler:
I dun have that part in my cassette mix song...
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 18:56   Link #1263
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Honey Sweet Tea Time was adorable~ Really satisfied with this song because they only gave us a few chords of this song for so long.

Tenshi ni Furetayo! returns, and it's just as wonderful as ever. I love how it's a collaborated effort with the vocals.
My best 2 favorites this far. Really in love with Kotobuki Minako's voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689
Ichigo Parfait Ga Tomaranai was upbeat and exciting. Finally we hear this song, and I liked it - not at first, but soon after. It's like a slightly glorified Gohan wa Okazu.
I also thought the same. Curry Nochi Rice, Gohan wa Okazu, and this song share a same characteristics. And all of them are about food anyways

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689
And don't even get me started on the remastered tracks - I was worried that they'd just release the same songs again, but they actually re-recorded them using a different playing style. You can hear the changes, and I'm glad that they made them.
Yeah, the changes can be heard. I was also worried that it'll be just a degraded version of the studio mix, but the songs give different experience
Not to mention the talks on the end of each song which really brings up the atmosphere
Ryonea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 18:56   Link #1264
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
I dun have that part in my cassette mix song...
It's at the end of the track right before that, Samidare 20 Love.

The re-recording of all the tracks were really interesting. No wonder why it took so long for the release! Although some songs were played sloppier/choppier than the studio mixes.

If this is considered mediocre by the students of the school, I wonder what the popular songs sound like...
bloppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 19:00   Link #1265
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Not to mention the talks on the end of each song which really brings up the atmosphere
What it does, for me at least, is give the impression that this is somehow real, as if the girls really, physically, did make this recording. It feels like a legitimate part of K-On as opposed to mere merchandise. Just an awesome listening experience from start to finish.
Goggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 19:03   Link #1266
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
What it does, for me at least, is give the impression that this is somehow real, as if the girls really, physically, did make this recording. It feels like a legitimate part of K-On as opposed to mere merchandise. Just an awesome listening experience from start to finish.
KyoAni is still paying a close 100% to those small details even after the series' end!
Old 2010-10-23, 19:12   Link #1267
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
If this is considered mediocre by the students of the school, I wonder what the popular songs sound like...
You have to remember that while these songs were made to sound professional in the episodes to keep our interest (who'd want to listen to a performance filled with timing and notation errors?), it's intended that the students hear those mistakes. After all, Houkago Tea Time may be good, but they said it themselves - Ritsu's drumming is fast, Yui doesn't know musical terminology, and they're still a new band^.^

That's what I think, anyways
Old 2010-10-23, 19:23   Link #1268
Goggen

Did the other students refer to them as being mediocre...? Did I miss something?
Old 2010-10-23, 19:40   Link #1269
Peanutbutter

Quote:
It's at the end of the track right before that, Samidare 20 Love.
Got it. Lycopene, pene.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 19:50   Link #1270
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
That's what I feel too
and referring to the introduction track...
So the band's genre is really rock?
Old 2010-10-23, 19:54   Link #1271
Goggen

Quote:
So the band's genre is really rock?
I dunno. Say "rock" and HTT isn't exactly the first thing that comes to mind, but... I suppose their music could be described as "light pop-rock"?
Old 2010-10-23, 19:59   Link #1272
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Well, a rock band usually won't feature keyboard as far as I know ^^; but if we hear the "minus keyboard" instrumental tracks, the songs really have a rock feeling to them.
I also remember seeing official magazine scans featuring "rock" words, but they might mean different.
Old 2010-10-23, 20:09   Link #1273
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:
Did the other students refer to them as being mediocre...? Did I miss something?
HTT isn't an amazing band in their school. People have called them interesting or exciting, but not good xD Azusa says that they weren't very good either, but it looked fun.

Quote:
Well, a rock band usually won't feature keyboard as far as I know ^^; but if we hear the "minus keyboard" instrumental tracks, the songs really have a rock feeling to them.
I also remember seeing official magazine scans featuring "rock" words, but they might mean different.
Oh my gosh, what are you saying?! There are many rock bands with keyboard It's just that a lot of modern ones cut them out... Shame on them!

HTT is pop-rock/light rock with sparks of rock, pop and jazz here and there.
Old 2010-10-23, 20:09   Link #1274
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Well, a rock band usually won't feature keyboard as far as I know ^^;
Actually I'd have to disagree here:

The Rolling Stones, Toto, Supertramp, Foreigner, Electric Light Orchestra, etc.

These are all famous rock bands that feature a ton of keyboard^.^

Otherwise, I'd have to agree that HTT falls under Pop/Rock.
Old 2010-10-23, 20:12   Link #1275
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Lol, pardon for my lack of knowledge then I'm not much into music, and most of the rock / metal band that I heard don't have keyboard with them
Old 2010-10-23, 20:15   Link #1276
Goggen

Quote:
HTT isn't an amazing band in their school. People have called them interesting or exciting, but not good xD Azusa says that they weren't very good either, but it looked fun.
Well, IIRC, Azusa stated that they "only played really well during live shows". And if nothing else, their audience always seem pretty enthusiastic, especially on the last festival...
Old 2010-10-23, 20:16   Link #1277
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Lol, pardon for my lack of knowledge then I'm not much into music, and most of the rock / metal band that I heard don't have keyboard with them
Actually, in my lack of diversification I neglected to consider the different "types" of rock. What I was contemplating was classic rock, and we can't really classify HTT as just general rock.

There ARE many forms of rock which don't use keyboard, so you weren't mistaken. Sorry

On a related matter, I cannot stop eating strawberry parfa- I mean, listening to Samidare 20 Love^.^
Old 2010-10-23, 21:01   Link #1278
Midori Sakura

So, I just translated the lyrics of "Fuyu no Hi" and I still like to think Mio wrote them for Ritsu
I'd post the translation on here, but would that be breaking the forum rules?
Old 2010-10-23, 21:08   Link #1279
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midori Sakura View Post
So, I just translated the lyrics of "Fuyu no Hi" and I still like to think Mio wrote them for Ritsu
Yes.

However, I have no problem with you posting the relevant portion that makes you think that Mio wrote it for Ritsu.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 21:10   Link #1280
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midori Sakura View Post
So they are the lyrics from that episode, then? If so, that leaves "Samidare 20 Love" as the only "cassette mix" song that wasn't referenced in some way in the actual anime (unless I missed it).