AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-30, 00:45   Link #961
matrixhazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceral View Post
YUSSS!!!

Title: Rewrite Harvest festa.!
Genre: Love Adventure Game
Same Staff(For what's listed on the site) . All ages. Planned for 2012 release.

Teaser Site: http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/rewrite_hf/index.html
Yeah!! NoNow I have some visual novel to play next year%3

I wonder what kind of plot should be in the Harvest Festa. According to the image, I expect it will feature more brighter story that the original one

Spoiler for Expectation:

p.s. Man, Key is surely putting a lot efforts to promote Shizuru crazily(even this time she is the one most in the front line). Why they cannot at least put some effort to promote Kagari just like others.

Last edited by matrixhazard; 2011-09-30 at 00:56.
matrixhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 06:34   Link #962
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixhazard View Post
p.s. Man, Key is surely putting a lot efforts to promote Shizuru crazily(even this time she is the one most in the front line). Why they cannot at least put some effort to promote Kagari just like others.
Lucia gets a big portion of the image on the teaser site too . The banner on Key's homepage which promotes harvest festival, has Lucia and Shizuru's portraits much bigger than the others too. Good sign for Lucia and Shizuru fans .

Lucia and Shizuru are the only VAs who have done 18+ work in the past, I'm thinking they purposefully picked 18+ VAs for them to leave the door open for a spinoff. So under my suspicions, they get to hit two birds with one stone by promoting them.

I can't believe they're trying to go for another blonde loli spin off so soon though. I would think blonde loli fans are still a little bit "blonde loli'ed" out after Kud Wafter.

Anyway, I'm so psyched for the fan disc. I feel like the 500 bucks I laid down on rewrite trading cards didn't go to waste :P (I got the Kagari super special, special and all her rares from the broccoli box ;;. Anyone know what the secret card was?). I'm ordering all of the Lucia character goods too. I think a spinoff is possible after the fan disc. Everyone who wants to see that spinoff, buy those Lucia goods! (Anything is good, there's like 5 dollar telephone straps! Not to mention 5 dollar shipping to go along with that, doh.)

Last edited by Ceral; 2011-10-01 at 07:45.
Ceral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 15:53   Link #963
Tomoyo89

The only Lucia good I ordered was http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=engli...e_display.html
Tomoyo89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 23:25   Link #964
matrixhazard

At this time, I just have only have Lucia Can-Badge just like this http://www.amiami.jp/shop/ProductInfo/product_id/216431

I bought it along with the Kagari's one/Kagari Mini Tapestry and Dengeki's Festival No. Vol.21 (w Shizuru's Dakimakuru & Chihaya Chibi Figure) when I have been to Japan last few months. I also plan to collect more stuffs about this game, even the game itself (as Rewrite is the first VN that I had seriously played it all in Japanese language).

For the trading cards game, I also want to buy them someday but I may need to save up enough money first (I also hope Japanese Yen will be depreciated in next year, the exchange rate in my home country at this time is too sky-high T_T). However, at this moment, I'm looking forward to its Visual Fanbook

By the way, can anyone summarize me about the story in Moon/Terra route please. Some words are too difficult for me too understand. In addition, please give me the details about these questions in the 2 final routes.

Spoiler for My unclear question:
Old 2011-10-03, 06:53   Link #965
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Dunno if it is a decision for Harvest Festa or exclusively for Weiss Schwarz, but Inoue has a sprite:

I really didn't expect her to look like that. More like your usual sneaky glasses reporter
Old 2011-10-03, 08:13   Link #966
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I really didn't expect her to look like that. More like your usual sneaky glasses reporter
Yeah, me too. I used to think of her as a black ponytailed tall eyeglassed girl. Not exactly spot on, was I? nice to learn she now has a sprite, though.
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 10:36   Link #967
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Quote:
By the way, can anyone summarize me about the story in Moon/Terra route please. Some words are too difficult for me too understand. In addition, please give me the details about these questions in the 2 final routes.

Spoiler for My unclear question:
Spoiler for Moon:

Spoiler for Terra:

Spoiler for Questions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
Yeah, me too. I used to think of her as a black ponytailed tall eyeglassed girl. Not exactly spot on, was I? nice to learn she now has a sprite, though.
That's exactly how I imagined her. Seein her sprite though, she looks like an ojousama rather than a tomboish girl.

Hope they add sprites to other characters such as Inui, Luis, Jasmine, etc.
johnishida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 20:24   Link #968
matrixhazard

Thanks johnishida, about your summary, I think my understanding about this game's story is about 70% similar to your spoiler.

By the way, I think my last unclear question is about my second question, about how each story connects to each other. Actually what I want to know might be actually be the timeline of the story.

Because of the Moon&Terra route, it gives me some confusion about the timeline for the overall story which happen first. Then what I understand at this time might be something like this

Spoiler for Rewrite's Story Timeline:

I'm not sure what I understand about the timeline is correct or not
Anyone please answer me, thanks

p.s. By the way, for Inoue, I have some image about her similar to you guys. The difference is that because of her name, I just think about her image similiar to "Inoue Orihime" from Bleach
Old 2011-10-05, 04:33   Link #969
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomoyo89 View Post
Good pick, that one's probably my favorite tapestry behind http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10162209 (I just think her face is prettiest in that picture). I got her cushion, microfiber towels, bushiroad sleeves, card boxes, mobile cleaners I never intend to use (lol), the 8k tapestry, a pencil board in it's original plastic that I instead treat as a gigantic trading card in a sleeve, and probably other stuff I'm forgetting . I got at least one item of every unique image of her. I normally wouldn't buy all this, but it's easy to spend money on to support Rewrite and especially to get more Rewrite games. Having multiple items with the same image is kind of boring... but if the war effort demands it...

I keep getting all of the Kagari rares in all of my trading card boxes so far... she seems to have just as many or slightly less rares/specials as Kotori. I at least got a few of the cards I want though... Seems like I got a misprinted Chibi Akane rare in my broccoli box, both sides of the card are just her chibi pic, there is no back... kind of strange.

Last edited by Ceral; 2011-10-05 at 05:47.
Old 2011-10-05, 16:10   Link #970
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Man, a fandisc so soon?

I personally don't know how to feel this - what are they supposed to cover there? Plot points explained in more detail? Proper going-out scenarios with each heroine? Heroine route aftermath? This is the first time Key's done a fandisk.

Last edited by Balzac; 2011-10-06 at 07:09. Reason: removed poss. erroneous statement
Balzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 18:10   Link #971
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
Man, a fandisc so soon?

I personally don't know how to feel this - what are they supposed to cover there? Plot points explained in more detail? Proper going-out scenarios with each heroine? Heroine route aftermath? This is the first time Key's done a fandisk that's not focused on a single heroine.
http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/diary/2011/09/post_128.html

From that little blog post, IIRC Yuuto says that there were parts of the story he wrote that he was was not totally satisfied with in the original and there were lots of parts that the writers wanted to rewrite. He thinks there will be a lot of "spin-off stories" too.

If there are no new heroines, I'm guessing we get something like the changes we saw to Kud's route in Ecstacy. The original plot will be explained in more detail and we'll have some alternative routes too.
Old 2011-10-05, 23:41   Link #972
Tomoyo89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceral View Post
Good pick, that one's probably my favorite tapestry behind http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10162209 (I just think her face is prettiest in that picture). I got her cushion, microfiber towels, bushiroad sleeves, card boxes, mobile cleaners I never intend to use (lol), the 8k tapestry, a pencil board in it's original plastic that I instead treat as a gigantic trading card in a sleeve, and probably other stuff I'm forgetting . I got at least one item of every unique image of her. I normally wouldn't buy all this, but it's easy to spend money on to support Rewrite and especially to get more Rewrite games. Having multiple items with the same image is kind of boring... but if the war effort demands it...

I keep getting all of the Kagari rares in all of my trading card boxes so far... she seems to have just as many or slightly less rares/specials as Kotori. I at least got a few of the cards I want though... Seems like I got a misprinted Chibi Akane rare in my broccoli box, both sides of the card are just her chibi pic, there is no back... kind of strange.
Ah, I mainly chose it since I really liked the unique costume she's wearing versus usual school uniform. I wish I had more money to purchase more Lucia related goods like the ones you currently have. I guess I am satisfied with the magazines that have Lucia on the cover and the 2.5inch figure from one of the Dengeki Hime issues.
Tomoyo89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 07:04   Link #973
Balzac
Assistant Professor

A surprise would be Maeda penning a mini-scenario involving some side-character or something else. For myself, I'd love some new music - even though I know there won't be as many to be made. Almost a month now and I still have Journey in my most played list.

The title Harvest Festa brings to my mind a possible central plot device involving the harvest festival (that always seems kind of glossed over in the main game) used as an excuse to show Kotarou and a girl hanging out.
Old 2011-10-06, 07:29   Link #974
matrixhazard

I hope at least they should put the sprites for some important supporting character (e.g. Inoue, Inui, Takasako). The lack of those sprite is one of the flaws for the original game for me ()

For the scenario, I wish they will really go for "Mahou Shoujo Magical Creamy Kagarin" just like Kagari said in the Oppai Route-Prelude . I also hope Key will put more romantic scenes for each heroine (Some routes like Chihaya's really lack of these)

P.S. By the way, can anyone answer my above question about the timeline please
Old 2011-10-06, 14:20   Link #975
etalocohc84

Quote:
P.S. By the way, can anyone answer my above question about the timeline please
Spoiler:

For the fandisk, I hope that Kotarou is fully voiced and that we have a continuation to each of the heroines' ending. I felt that Kotori's route ended too soon and needs a proper conclusion. Yoshino should also get a bigger role in the side stories beside acting as Kotarou's rival.

Last edited by etalocohc84; 2011-10-06 at 16:53.
etalocohc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 07:23   Link #976
matrixhazard

Thanks for the theory etalocohc84

This question has confused me for few months and I have no one sharing an idea with. (I'm not sure but I found no one in my country doing any review about Rewrite except me doing on my own. So it gives me a hard time finding the answer). So your and your friend's theory might not be 100% correct. Never mind, it gives more idea about something I have had in my mind. (At least it is almost similar to what I think). I hope Harvest Festa or its Visual Fanbook will be able to explain further about all mystery in this game.

By the way, rather than fandisk or spin-off, I also really hope Rewrite will be adapted into an Anime. Not only we will have a great Anime to watch, this might help me finding someone sharing an idea with when we come up with the spoiler thing. I already gave up waiting for Kyoani doing Little Busters! (they just came up with the plan and never really done it). I wish if Rewrite will be an Anime, WhiteFox will be the one who produce it (They did a good thing when they do Steins;Gate)
Old 2011-10-07, 20:17   Link #977
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Is it possible to expect new characters to pop up? Like that Kud Wafter spinoff... And another thought occurring to me is the possibility of an "Inoue" scenario, since it's fandisc and all.

Also, matrixhazard, your comment on the Oppai Route's "magical-girl" thing makes me think more joke or alter scenarios wouldn't be entirely impossible.
Old 2011-10-09, 02:24   Link #978
Kudryavka

Spoiler for Kagari:

Ugh, I wish I had the time to buy and play this game, it looks even better than LB:EX. I finally got a new computer that'll probably run Rewrite (I may need an actual graphics card though, right now it's on intergrated graphics).

Does the full game still have that silly "We're scared of getting sued so no gaijin can play our games anymore!!1" issue? If so, does the workaround from the trial version still work? I'm obviously not wasting money on a game I can't play.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 02:36   Link #979
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Spoiler for Kagari:

Ugh, I wish I had the time to buy and play this game, it looks even better than LB:EX. I finally got a new computer that'll probably run Rewrite (I may need an actual graphics card though, right now it's on intergrated graphics).

Does the full game still have that silly "We're scared of getting sued so no gaijin can play our games anymore!!1" issue? If so, does the workaround from the trial version still work? I'm obviously not wasting money on a game I can't play.
To your last question, there is a workaround patch for the full game, check back on the June/July posts on this thread (in a hurry myself so can't link it directly.

As for your first, depends on your perspective. Do you think Rin is the "main" girl in Little Busters!? Then probably, yes.
Old 2011-10-09, 08:48   Link #980
matrixhazard

I agree with Balzac. Each person's main heroine should be based on that person perspective

For me, Kagari might be the heroine for the true ending, but someone might not acknowledge her as the main heroine (for me, the reason might be the her weaker relationship with Kotarou comparing to other heroine. I know she(Terra Kagari) loved Kotarou but didn't show any signs until the last scene of Terra). If we talked about this, Kotori might be the one who is suitable for main heroine.

However, in my opinion, at the first time when completing all 5 heroines route, I acknowledged Chihaya as the main heroine based on these reasons

Spoiler for Reasons:

But again, when I completed Terra, I decided to acknowledge Kagari as main girl for Rewrite since she is the heroine in the true ending and her last scene with Kotarou really really gave an impact to me.

In summary for my opinion,
- Main Heroine (for me and someone): Kagari
- Main Heroine (for non-playing game and someone): Kotori
- Main Heroine (for me, excluding Kagari): Chihaya

By the way, in Dengeki G's Festival Vol.21, there is an interview section for Rewrite with all 3 scenario's writers. In addition, there is also an interesting stated that "So all heroine routes are main route!!?". I never read it in detail so I have no idea about this

p.s. I have to "rewrite" everything in this reply when my computed suddenly become freezing -_-"

Last edited by matrixhazard; 2011-10-09 at 09:21.

Tags
bishoujo, hinoue itaru, key, maeda jun, romeo tanaka, ryukishi07, visual novel