Notices

Old 2008-12-30, 11:12   Link #121
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaxthezax View Post
Think so too. Just checked out preview to episode 91 and it reminds me of the Orochimaru fake hide filler from classic. You know, the one with Jiraiya, Naruto and Sakura traveling around, finding an Oro hideout and doing shit with no sense at the end cause everything was fake destroying the canon.
I don't think so. Can't tell you why, but I think the following episodes will be interesting and fill some gaps the manga did not close.
Old 2008-12-30, 12:50   Link #122
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I was hoping they wouldn't, got my wish
I couldn't agree more.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 17:38   Link #123
Azsquire
Silent But Deadly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tensashinigami View Post
Spoiler for the ones who haven't seen it:
I agree, were finally going to see some Hinata, Kiba and Shino action, I also think that what jiraiya shows naruto is wind-element jutsu that doesnt take up much chakra, like temari for example (but without the giant fan)
Azsquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 18:33   Link #124
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

I think the crystal element might be composed of Earth+Lightning for no scientific basis just a maybe but if you do want scientific then because Lightning can reach like 30'000 celsius it could create a glass or crystal like substance when it hits the earth

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 23:07   Link #125
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

But isnt crystal a mineral and minerals considered "earth"? There is no need to create crystals with lightning in order to control it with earth jujitsu...

It is like saying in order to make fire you need oxigen and a combustible so to make the fireball jujitsu you need to have water+earth afinity to make trees and also air for the oxigen xD
Old 2008-12-31, 01:06   Link #126
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
I think the crystal element might be composed of Earth+Lightning for no scientific basis just a maybe but if you do want scientific then because Lightning can reach like 30'000 celsius it could create a glass or crystal like substance when it hits the earth
You're a smart kitty and I bet you are right. Know what? You earned a fish ^_^ Do you want salmon? Mmmh, isn't that tasty?

If she can mix lightning and earth, she must be brilliant. Usually, lightning destroys earth and I think it's hard to mix elements which usually destroy each other respectively one destroys the other, usually.
Old 2008-12-31, 21:47   Link #127
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
You're a smart kitty and I bet you are right. Know what? You earned a fish ^_^ Do you want salmon? Mmmh, isn't that tasty?

If she can mix lightning and earth, she must be brilliant. Usually, lightning destroys earth and I think it's hard to mix elements which usually destroy each other respectively one destroys the other, usually.
Salmon, oohh boy! Can I have a tuna sandwhich too?!

Also one thing to say about the 2nd sentence: Kekkei Genkai and Mokuton, think about it

Also incube, crystals like in igneous rocks are created when rocks are melted by lava and cooled, larger crystals are cooled slowly inside volcanoes whilst smaller crystals are cooled on the surface of the earth which is why I think it might be lightning+earth because lightning reaches high tempertures but it could also be fire+earth but I always took that o be lava

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 23:10   Link #128
Kishimyu
Inactive Member

or fire and earth can make metal???
i always wondered what a shinobi using metal techniques would fight like lol; and crystal element??? did i miss something here? x_x
Kishimyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-01, 10:34   Link #129
Josh Uzumaki

yeah the guy that sasori had as a puppet had metalic sand...
Josh Uzumaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-01, 13:59   Link #130
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

That puppet of Sasori was not using any elements. It's like Gaara, but totally not like Gaara. While Gaara can control sand by infusing it with chakra, the 3rd Kazekage had a magnetic body and used his magnetic inflluence on metal. The most flexible form of metal were small metal particles, which have been called sand, referring to Suna-gakure... The Hidden Village of Sand.

Quote:
Can I have a tuna sandwhich too?!
The tuna sandwich is on it's way - with extra dolphin in it.
Old 2009-01-01, 14:35   Link #131
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Also incube, crystals like in igneous rocks are created when rocks are melted by lava and cooled, larger crystals are cooled slowly inside volcanoes whilst smaller crystals are cooled on the surface of the earth which is why I think it might be lightning+earth because lightning reaches high tempertures but it could also be fire+earth but I always took that o be lava
And that is why i think being able to control crystals, metal or sand are just part of earth elemental tecniques. If anyone saw Avatar, the episode Tof learned how to bend metal or how katara learned to bend blood, you will see how the same idea aplies to the elemetanl tecniques in Naruto.

But since the wood elemental jutsu explanation isnt explained clearly i guess the idea of using lightning + earth to make crystals is also posible..
Old 2009-01-01, 16:52   Link #132
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
And that is why i think being able to control crystals, metal or sand are just part of earth elemental tecniques. If anyone saw Avatar, the episode Tof learned how to bend metal or how katara learned to bend blood, you will see how the same idea aplies to the elemetanl tecniques in Naruto.

But since the wood elemental jutsu explanation isnt explained clearly i guess the idea of using lightning + earth to make crystals is also posible..
It should be lightning and earth. Actually it doesn't matter because people who have a mixed element tend to use it, and I think that is because it's stronger than just a normal element, and I think it's even stronger than an enforced element (fire+wind).

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but there is no controlling crystal. It's controlling sand and controlling metal. It's not controlling crystal, it's creating crystal as creating wood.

You can clearly see that because the woman even says what she does "crystal element...".

Gaara never said "sand element..." because there is no sand element. It's a sixth form, like Shikamaru's shadow technique.
Old 2009-01-01, 20:20   Link #133
Kishimyu
Inactive Member

Like a clan technique??? o_o
Old 2009-01-01, 22:27   Link #134
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

I wonder what takes them so long. It's okay to prepare some big moment and so on, but the progress of '90 was rather slow. Sasuke seems to invent some new jutsu or take his Chidori to a new level. Something was missing.
And instead of trying to impose on your mind, you adjust yourself to your opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing'. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=83552&dateline=122831  7993
SuigetsuKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-01, 22:36   Link #135
Kishimyu
Inactive Member

maybe they are just putting together random things they think of and ran outta ideas for the fillers lol

Spoiler for manga:
Old 2009-01-02, 05:07   Link #136
Catdog

nothing wrong with fillers, the only people who event notice them are the ones who read the manga -- and manga readers know what happens next anyways. Some fillers have actually been good; though a little drawn out ala'DBZ style at times but still good for a few eps at least.
Catdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-02, 07:24   Link #137
Josh Uzumaki

the rason i dont like fillers is because it introduces cool things to the story, then just forgets them as its non-canon =[
Old 2009-01-02, 07:49   Link #138
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Uzumaki View Post
the rason i dont like fillers is because it introduces cool things to the story, then just forgets them as its non-canon =[
very true...

About Sasuke's chidori, i think he just managed to perfect the technique by controling the electrical discharges so there doesnt need to go melee with it always.
Old 2009-01-02, 07:57   Link #139
Josh Uzumaki

does he still have a limit of two chidoris a daylol
Old 2009-01-02, 10:29   Link #140
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Uzumaki View Post
What else do you expect them to do? They can't modify an ongoing story, the risk to screw things up is too high.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote