Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-20, 18:22   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Bleach 171 Episode Discussion Thread

I've read this week's episode title twice and I still think there is something naughty about the wording. Granted, it could be my uberly imaginative mind at work, but seriously... I'm sure I can't be the only one thinking too hard.

Enjoy the episode. And have a good evening!

Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
Old 2008-05-20, 21:08   Link #2
Cox
BEETLEJUICE!

You forgot to tell us the beautiful name.

Now I have to walk to google and find it.

Thanks monir
Old 2008-05-21, 09:42   Link #3
neshru

God, these fillers are getting more retarded with every episode. I don't know how bad they'll be by the end.

Spoiler for ultimate release:
Old 2008-05-21, 10:04   Link #4
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
God, these fillers are getting more retarded with every episode. I don't know how bad they'll be by the end.

Spoiler for ultimate release:
...and that has to do with the episode being anime original why? Byakuya's releases are more pink and gayer than his. It don't have anything to do with being "filler" whether anyone likes it or not.

Further proof that everyone is just being unreasonably biased <.<

Oh, and lol @ episode title
Old 2008-05-21, 10:09   Link #5
Kankel
Akuma HighClass Commander

Just saw the episode and all I gotta say is... That is the korniest release I have ever seen. I mean what the hell was that?

That guy has "Flower Power" written all over him.

The good news is that next week is the return of Gin.
Old 2008-05-21, 10:20   Link #6
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
...and that has to do with the episode being anime original why? Byakuya's releases are more pink and gayer than his. It don't have anything to do with being "filler" whether anyone likes it or not.

Further proof that everyone is just being unreasonably biased <.<
learn to read pls. I didn't say this is lame because it's filler, I just said this filler is lame.
And if you think Byakuya's release is more gay than this, you've yet to see this episode.
Old 2008-05-21, 14:26   Link #7
kagato3

I think people are missing the point. Of course the guards are next to useless if they were even class B fighters then there realy would be no reason for them to have run in the first place. And I for one was cracking up at the overly dramatic display of releaseing a basicly useless release.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2008-05-21, 15:56   Link #8
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Off-topic breeds off-topic. Hence, further Off-topic.

Oh darn it! Why do we have to recite this useless conversation about fillers/anime-original (or what ever the hell type of terminology that should be used to address these episodes) every episode discussion thread. I don't know about others, but I'm getting tired of seeing this thread derailed every so often.

I do not have any problem with posters' using the term "filler" to address an episode as long as the intent is clear that he/she is remaining objective by discussing the episode content based on its merit. If any of you have problem with the term "filler" then go ahead, and address your concern to the poster in question via PM. Do not drag this conversation into this thread.

I do not want to see this discussion take rise into this thread. I also wouldn't hesitate to infract anyone partaking in this discussion just in case my message isn't understood.

This forum is dedicated to everyone and that means, we will all need to tolerate each other's opinion as best as we can providing the posts are on-topic to the subject of discussion. Please play nice!
Old 2008-05-21, 21:13   Link #9
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
In scientific terms, the homosexuality of Byakuya's shikai surpasses even Ishida's sewing in the bounto fillers... I waisted 3 minuets of my life watching that???!!! Now I am going to get drunk and watch girl on girl so I may be able to cleanse my mind of such crap. Thank you and good night.

P.S. Sailor moon's episodes were more manly than this episode...not that I ever watched them...

Last edited by MAQI; 2008-05-21 at 21:55.
Old 2008-05-21, 21:30   Link #10
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAQI View Post
In scientific terms, the homosexuality of Byakuya's shikai surpasses even Ishida's sewing in the bounto fillers... I waisted 30 min of my life on this???!!! Now I am going to get drunk and watch girl on girl so I may be able to cleanse my mind of such crap. Thank you and good night.
Even though that was an epic statement... the scene wasn't 30 min long. The episode itself was awesome. IMO, of course.

Anyway... did anyone else wonder how the hell the mute guy is gonna release his zanpakuto without a damned voice?
Old 2008-05-21, 21:53   Link #11
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Quote:
Even though that was an epic statement... the scene wasn't 30 min long. The episode itself was awesome. IMO, of course.

Anyway... did anyone else wonder how the hell the mute guy is gonna release his zanpakuto without a damned voice?
That is true but I had to watch the RAW so I didn't understand shit... If you say its good then it probably is. so I will edit my prior comment. Thanks wanderer.

Maybe he can just think the words. Like casting kido without the incantation or something like that.
Old 2008-05-21, 22:00   Link #12
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
That is true but I had to watch the RAW so I didn't understand shit... If you say its good then it probably is. so I will edit my prior comment. Thanks wanderer.
No need to EDIT anything... o.O

Quote:
Maybe he can just think the words. Like casting kido without the incantation or something like that.
I dunno, that don't seem right... I mean the only way one releases a Shikai without saying anything is if they achieved Bankai. This guy better have good kido then
Old 2008-05-21, 22:35   Link #13
marsmars133
lol

judging from the picture, the guy has photosynthesis written all over his release. I wonder if he took biology class in shinigami school (I forgot the actual name of the place)
Old 2008-05-21, 23:08   Link #14
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
now that you mention it I'm looking forward seeing him gesticulating in order to release his zanpaktou
Old 2008-05-22, 00:11   Link #15
Cox
BEETLEJUICE!

Ok... So I saw the episode.

I almost said this during Bount Arc but ... I want 20 minutes of my life back O_O
Old 2008-05-22, 00:52   Link #16
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Suppose if I was the assassin and got held back by that lame zanpaktou release I'd kill myself too .

Has nothing to do with fillers, or whatever, that was just an incredibly lame release. Just imagine the chaos that thing would create on a battlefield. After that I almost don't want to know what the other guys zanpaktou release would be.
Old 2008-05-22, 00:56   Link #17
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

WTF was that piece o' crap? I waited 7 long days for this?!!? .

I agree Cox...gimme back my 20 mins!

'Bloom, benishidare?!? wtf...

I will watch the rest of the fillers just for the shinigami golden cup.

Last edited by cloak_and_dagger; 2008-05-22 at 01:07.
Old 2008-05-22, 01:23   Link #18
Jays

This episode was better than the sum of it's parts, which were terrible to be honest. Except for having an absolutely TERRIBLE release, like that just isn't even funny. I use to think Hanataro's release was the worst thing I've seen in my life but this clearly tops it.

Looks like there's gonna be a Gin flashback in the next episode... it's gonna make remind me of when Bleach was something you foamed at the mouth for because it was that good.

The animation was alright, better near the end.
Old 2008-05-22, 01:24   Link #19
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
rofl i would be so sad to have gotten tht zanpaktou
Old 2008-05-22, 03:36   Link #20
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Just taking a wild guess but at the end when Kasumi is missing again she's probably with..

Spoiler for guess:

Anyway, this episode made me laugh. It seems that this arc isn't really going to be intense or anything of the sort, it feels like it'll be pretty low key compared to the usual Bleach Tension of impending doom.
Closed Thread