AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: -Your- picks for the best songs in Macross Frontier [Multiple-pick Option Enabled]
Welcome To My FanClub's Night! 67 21.34%
Shinkuu no Diamond Crevasse 108 34.39%
Aimo ~Tori no Hito 83 26.43%
Infinity 84 26.75%
Diamond Crevasse ~Sheryl Only♥ 184 58.60%
Northern Cross 150 47.77%
Anata no Oto 55 17.52%
Seikan Hikōu 82 26.11%
Yousei 98 31.21%
Ai Oboete Imasu ka ~Ranka 76 24.20%
Watashi no Kare wa Pilot 30 9.55%
Lion 165 52.55%
Diamond Crevasse 50/50 36 11.46%
Aoi no Ether 49 15.61%
Neko Nikki 20 6.37%
Nyan Nyan Service Medley 101 32.17%
What 'bout my star?@Formo 109 34.71%
Triangler ~ Maaya Sakomoto 71 22.61%
Iteza☆Gogo Kuji Don't be late 88 28.03%
What 'bout my star? ~Sheryl 78 24.84%
Aimo OC 52 16.56%
Triangular - Duet - 93 29.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 314. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-11-16, 16:27   Link #2401
moncikoma

Why they called it "merry christmas without u"

What is that mean? Could it mean this christmas, sheryl will be alone... And need me To comfort her!?... Helll yeah!...
moncikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 07:16   Link #2402
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Cosmic Cuune Song Previews:

I'll post my impressions later.
Old 2010-11-17, 07:25   Link #2403
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Track 2 (I can't be silent) is obviously my favorite out of the lot . Seikan Hikou Christmas ver. is rather nice though, along with track 5 (Love~Phantom Light). Track 6 (Sailor) has such a beautiful piano melody that i just adore. Track 7 (Merry Christmas without You) is a funky little track, that really boosts up the Christmas spirit . Track 8 (Tablet) is a nice song to finish the album with.

Oh how i'm loving this album. Not one song disappoints, plus there's plenty of range which i'd expect from Yoko Kanno.

Only a week away.
Old 2010-11-17, 07:48   Link #2404
cutesherry
.:Sweet Dreamer:.

Nicely surprised by the quality of the songs, they seem to have done a great job with it all, it's pretty diversified ^^

..::CuteSherry LJ
...♥...CuteSherry MTokyo...♥...CuteSherry APaper...♥...CuteSherry dART::..
~I Seek Peace in my Dreams~
cutesherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 11:17   Link #2405
Ceci-chan
(・∀ノゝ)~キラ☆

I told myself I wouldn't purchase Cosmic Cuune so soon after I pre-ordered Utada's new singles collection, but the preview won me over. <3

One more week~~!

|facebook.twitter|
Ceci-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 11:18   Link #2406
Lancel

It's Yoko Kanno, none of us should be shocked by diversity.

I like the sound of pretty much all of these songs really, and I'd like to add that I think Megumi took a few levels in singer since the series. May'n sounds as awesome as always.
Lancel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 12:58   Link #2407
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Loved the preview. Can't wait for the release.

On another note, I'd just begun watching the Frontier Final concert and - there's no proper way to phrase this - I've become somewhat irked by Megumi Nakajima's performance. First, the wardrobe: who the hell decided to dress her up like that? I mean, it's anything from unflattering to fugly. Not good. And then, her gesturing and looks and posing... it just... didn't gel with me. Her voice sounded just fine, tho.

What I mean to say is that I hope she manages to extricate herself from this "pop" image soon, because it's not flattering for her. Just that.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 13:53   Link #2408
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Now these are some great songs and I'm actually excited to hear this album. It's been a while and I haven't been this excited to hear new MF/Yoko Kanno music considering I was somewhat disappointed with all the new songs in the first movie. They weren't bad just not as good as I expected them to be but my faith has been revived with this album

I'll say that Song Bird sounds really good along with Seikan Hikou (Christmas Version.) I love that little guitar in the Christmas version and May'N's adlibs are very well done. Sailor and Tablet are also nice songs that caught my attention but I must say that my absolute favorite so far has to be Love ~ Phantom Light. I'm in love with this song so far and I can't wait to hear the full version. R&B is right up my alley so I guess that's why I'm so fond of it

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 14:20   Link #2409
Lancel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
It's been a while and I haven't been this excited to hear new MF/Yoko Kanno music considering I was somewhat disappointed with all the new songs in the first movie. They weren't bad just not as good as I expected them to be but my faith has been revived with this album
Madness. I love the Universal Bunny album. Granted I did feel similar in that it wasn't what I expected, but to me it was still awesome. It's actually one of my favorite albums, and one of the few I don't skip songs in. I even ripped it onto my car's HDD, which has the wonderful side effect of making saying "Play artist Sheryl Nome" in said car ridiculously awesome. >>

I do agree with one bit though: Love ~ Phantom Light has the greater portion of my attention at the moment as well.
Old 2010-11-17, 14:24   Link #2410
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancel View Post
Madness. I love the Universal Bunny album. Granted I did feel similar in that it wasn't what I expected, but to me it was still awesome. It's actually one of my favorite albums, and one of the few I don't skip songs in. I even ripped it onto my car's HDD, which has the wonderful side effect of making saying "Play artist Sheryl Nome" in said car ridiculously awesome. >>

I do agree with one bit though: Love ~ Phantom Light has the greater portion of my attention at the moment as well.
Well I did say that it wasn't necessarily bad, I just didn't enjoy it as much as all the songs in the TV series

Northern Cross and Diamond Crevasse are still my favorite songs from MF/Yoko Kanno. Although depending on how the full version of Love ~ Phantom Light sounds, it might make it up there as another favorite

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-11-17, 14:32   Link #2411
Lancel

Northern Cross and Diamond Crevasse are both wonderful, but I still think my ultimate favorite is Yousei, though Northern Cross is May'n's best in terms of sheer singing ability, and well, Diamond Crevasse being a favorite should just be a given.

I can't explain why Yousei is my favorite though, so maybe I'm odd.
Old 2010-11-17, 14:52   Link #2412
DeX-kun

Quote:
There's nothing odd about that We all have our personal tastes and Yousei probably just caters to you more than the other songs. Music has no boundaries, you like what you like

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-11-17, 15:17   Link #2413
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Quote:
Yousei is a favorite of mine as well. I think part of this has to do with both the mellower atmosphere of the song and the way it builds over the course of the track. In a sense, it captures the the shift that we see in Sheryl in the second half of the TV series. She's less wildly confident in herself, but yet there's a quiet strength and warmth with which she spreads hope to the people of Frontier... like a newly rising sun.

It feels refreshing.
Swampstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 15:30   Link #2414
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
Yousei is a favorite of mine as well. I think part of this has to do with both the mellower atmosphere of the song and the way it builds over the course of the track. In a sense, it captures the the shift that we see in Sheryl in the second half of the TV series. She's less wildly confident in herself, but yet there's a quiet strength and warmth with which she spreads hope to the people of Frontier... like a newly rising sun.

It feels refreshing.
Well aren't you feeling poetic But I do agree though, that song symbolizes the development in her character later in the series.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-11-17, 15:39   Link #2415
Lancel

It's something of her theme song for the last part of the series, although I wonder how someone would classify that song.
Old 2010-11-17, 16:53   Link #2416
Ceci-chan
(・∀ノゝ)~キラ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post

It feels refreshing.
Indeed, it does. : ) Yousei is one of my favorites, too~ It gives off a vibe like the title--a fairy song. <3

|facebook.twitter|
Ceci-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 22:07   Link #2417
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

I really cannot wait to hear the full versions of the songs. I gotta say these are the kind of songs NakaMegu is great at, it's up in her alley and that they sound great. My favorites so far based on the previews are Phantom Light and Tablet. X3

Oh and Yousei is just awesome
Old 2010-11-17, 22:37   Link #2418
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

I dunno about u guys but SONGBIRD ftw~!!!

"Can you hear my voice? Is it reaching you?"

Niiiice! One more week...one more week....
Mei19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 16:35   Link #2419
moncikoma

What preview?! Link please
moncikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 18:33   Link #2420
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncikoma View Post
What preview?! Link please
It's on this page.