AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2014-02-09, 08:13   Link #181
Blaat

Instead of combining Fantasy and SF into speculative fiction how about you combine the two votes at the end of the nomination phase. If a show gets voted in both categories you look at which category it got more votes in and then remove the show from the other category. You could also add the votes from the minority category to the majority category which would help less popular series getting into the final voting phase. In case of a draw you could only count the number one votes.

Although after typing that it does sound too much of a hassle, not sure if it's worth it. Overall I have no issue on having a series 'curbstomping' multiple categories, it's just I find it a bit weird to see series in both fantasy and SF category.
Old 2014-02-11, 08:45   Link #182
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I proposed that earlier, but noted that SSY received 18 votes and 30 points in each of the sci-fi and fantasy categories. Since I know for a fact that I didn't nominate it in both categories, and I know some others who did not as well, it was just a stroke of luck that SSY ended up with the identical number of votes and points in each group.

I can't see adding the votes together though, since some peoples' votes will get double-counted if they nominate the show in both categories. The fewer incentives for ballot shenanigans the better in my mind.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
choice awards