Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-06-17, 01:25   Link #101
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Asirpa knows how it works and still seems to think you need all of them. Even if there are unneeded tattoos, what if an important one was already lost?
It's the difference between "the map is maybe irrecoverable" and "the map is definitely irrecoverable".
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-17, 06:52   Link #102
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's the difference between "the map is maybe irrecoverable" and "the map is definitely irrecoverable".
I get it. The yakuza boss assumes the map is lost because he apparently knows of a convict who disappeared but he can't know for sure if it really is without knowing who is important.

Regardless, my point is the tattoos seem like a rather unreliable means to get to the treasure when you look at it that way.
Old 2023-06-19, 12:09   Link #103
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

That was perhaps the most Golden-Kamuy-like episode in the whole opus!
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-19, 14:54   Link #104
grecefar

weird, bizarre, stupid, ridiculous, disgusting, insane...

well, everyone is in sapporo now at least.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-19, 18:56   Link #105
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
That was perhaps the most Golden-Kamuy-like episode in the whole opus!
Not only did we get some hinna hinna brain eating, we also got to witness the most awesome battle in the history of anime with Usami and Jack trying to shoot each other with their jizz
They've actually managed to surpass Gintama, which stopped at using dicks as swords.

I wonder if the author got inspiration from this skit:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It's eerie how similar it is.
Old 2023-06-20, 20:45   Link #106
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that was some legendary battle between Tokishige and that other guy
Old 2023-06-21, 06:45   Link #107
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

By the way, we all agree that the Jack the Ripper copycat is in fact the real Jack, right? The timeline fits and he was shown to be a foreigner.
Old 2023-06-21, 06:55   Link #108
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The search for the killer. I think not even Mushoku Tensei or Gintama would be able to pull those ridiculously ovethetop jokes. This is South Park material

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2023-06-21 at 07:24.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-25, 17:47   Link #109
Ghostfriendly

Except for the art, it's extraordinary how Golden Kamuy fixes all the problems with Blade of the Immortal.

BOI's titular Immortal has no personal connection to the main Ito-ryu antagonists or the main plot of the heroine's revenge quest - a very uninteresting, dragged-out plot and unimpressive heroine they were too. As well as far more emotional depth than Manji, Sugimoto is connected to the 7th Division through their shared war experience. The plot of Golden Kamuy is a incredibly ludicrous excuse for heroic bloodshed, which is better than BOI's seriously unoriginal excuse, apart from the fate of the Ainu firmly investing Asirpa in her plot, while Rin remained extra in her own life story. Golden Kamuy acknowledges the absurdity inherent in the action genre, while BOI tries to present itself as a serious work by gratuitous abuse of women.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-26, 15:28   Link #110
grecefar

final chapter out and usami it's so disturbing.

well, that's that so let us wait for the final season.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-26, 18:31   Link #111
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The entire part with Usami felt like a complete waste of time. Dude basically just recapped Ogata's past. I wouldn't be surprised if that was anime original stuff. It felt like they didn't want to start the next arc and they were left with too much time.

The Sugimoto and Asirpa part on the other hand was fitting to end the season on, although it was a recap of Sugimoto's past too. The answer Asirpa wanted was obviously that he'd stay with her forever.
Old 2023-06-26, 20:44   Link #112
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well got to hand it to Tokishige for holding a conversation and playing with him self at the same time

Sugimoto finely opening up to something to Asirpa

8/10 One more season
Old 2023-06-27, 02:37   Link #113
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-27, 06:36   Link #114
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I liked this episode but it kinda bugged me the attempt of a romantic relationship between Sugimoto and Asirpa. The former looks 10 years older but I do remember the grandma from the first episodes saying she was okay with the two getting married.
Old 2023-06-27, 07:54   Link #115
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
I liked this episode but it kinda bugged me the attempt of a romantic relationship between Sugimoto and Asirpa. The former looks 10 years older but I do remember the grandma from the first episodes saying she was okay with the two getting married.
Things were different back then. Asirpa definitely has feelings for Sugimoto, and Sugimoto clearly cares about her a lot even if he doesn't see her as a woman. At this point I'd say she's even more important to him than his childhood friend.

I personally hope they end up together.
Old 2023-06-28, 16:10   Link #116
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The entire part with Usami felt like a complete waste of time. Dude basically just recapped Ogata's past. I wouldn't be surprised if that was anime original stuff. It felt like they didn't want to start the next arc and they were left with too much time.

The Sugimoto and Asirpa part on the other hand was fitting to end the season on, although it was a recap of Sugimoto's past too. The answer Asirpa wanted was obviously that he'd stay with her forever.
I'd be happy with a father-daughter relationship between Asirpa and Sugimoto. A peaceful family will be a satisfying ending.

Usami and his grudge against Ogata certainly weren't very valuable, but they showed another problem with using psychopaths as soldiers. Even if they're not killing each other, they generally prefer torturing civilians to risking their necks, as the Blacks and Tans as well as the SS penal units demonstrated. Armies use 'love' of the state and demonisation of enemies to make soldiers kill, but Tsurumi is essentially a gangster enthralling a personally loyal gang of psychiatric cases. He is not a proto-military dictator because he hides his intentions within plots and schemes rather than even attempting to communicate his purpose to the nation he supposedly means to save. His insular, pathetic obsession with the righteousness of his own cause in his own eyes is peculiar to school shooters and Japanese 'heroes', like the Lieutenant Tsurumis who were lionized for their pathetic crimes of May 15th. Or Saigo Takamori, whose grave Tsurumi visits in ep 40, the 'hero' who proposed to sacrifice his own life in order to start a senseless war with Korea.

Everyone should be aware of the historical significance of Japanese expansion into Manchuria, and what actually happened when Japanese soldiers like Tsukishima blindly believed that maniacs like Tsurumi were righteous because they had ideals. Golden Kamuy rightly shows Tsukishima as unfooled by Tsurumi's plot to gain his loyalty - he is absolutely culpable for the brutish apathy that would send him to Nanking or unit 731 as easily as Hokkaido, as were the soldiers who committed those crimes and the nation that supported them. Golden Kamuy doesn't go far enough in condemning the absolute, no-excuses moral bankruptcy of Tsurumi, Tsukishima, Koito and the whole pre-war Japanese military, for the fate of Ainu apart from their more famous crimes, but I suppose it would be impossible to condemn them enough.

Still, as lovely as it was that Inkermat and her magnificent, ridiculously useless boyfriend got away, that wasn't what happened when the Tsurumis of Nanking and Manilla gave the same orders to their Tsukishimas. Of course the trans woman sacrificed herself to save the real woman, who is a real woman because she can have kids, and nobody gave a monkeys.

Tsurumi and the historical Hijikata were mad as march hares before they ever heard of the gold. Kiroranke and Asirpa's father could have been said to have been driven to madness though.

The masturbation battle was not funny. Jack the Ripper was a real murderer of real women, who did not historically commit sex acts during his killings. Usami stopped being a joke character when he murdered an innocent boy with everything to live for; his ignominious death has become very important to the final judgement on this story.

Asirpa's film about 'upriver and downriver' was hilarious, on the other hand. In spite of all these complaints, Asirpa and Sugimoto continue to solve problems together and express rich depths of emotion, in their relationship and their own concerns. Their journey with its fun, absurd diversions, wildlife attacks, ear-blushes and character-driven drama with a drunk plot, continues to form a very strong core to the story.

Last edited by Ghostfriendly; 2023-06-29 at 04:21.
Old 2023-06-28, 18:13   Link #117
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
Still, as lovely as it was that Inkermat and her magnificent, ridiculously useless boyfriend got away, that wasn't what happened when the Tsurumis of Nanking and Manilla gave the same orders to their Tsukishimas. Of course the trans woman sacrificed herself to save the real woman, who is a real woman because she can have kids, and nobody gave a monkeys.
Ah yes, nobody cared about the poor cannibalistic serial killer dying. I wonder why. Your white knighting has always been hilarious but this is reaching new heights.
Old 2023-06-29, 03:01   Link #118
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Look at least 20 years older to me
Not that I care either way. No laws say they can't in the anime

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-01, 02:57   Link #119
Ghostfriendly

It is hard to imagine Tsukishima, as he appears, helping Unit 731 find out how long 3 day old babies take to freeze to death. Which disappointed me, because such war crimes were committed by many more obedient Tsukishimas than psychotic Ogatas and Usamis, for the same reason of blind faith in madmen. Koitos committed the same crimes and felt horribly guilty over them, as he relates, which will get you a penny bun if you've got the penny.

The racism which pervaded just every country in the 1910s and afterwards was another factor in war crimes and genocides which Golden Kamuy has made no attempt to portray. For all its violence, it isn't a serious work; I'm fine with it merely being a novel one. The proposition that the 7th division see the Ainu as 'fellow Japanese' for example, really speaks of forced assimilation into Japanese culture and well-intentioned cultural genocide. It's made clear from Tsurumi's threats against Ariko's family that he certainly doesn't plan anything good for the Ainu, but a lot more could usefully have been said about this.
Old 2023-07-01, 07:26   Link #120
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

There's a whole season left to go. I'm sure both Tsurumi's and Hijikata's aims will soon become clear, and neither gives a damn about the Ainu.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote