Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2023-01-14, 06:50   Link #1
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san Movie

Seems odd that there was never a thread for this, but it's finally out on disc now.

Spoiler: if you love this series, it's great. Pure fanservice in a good way.

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2023-01-14 at 10:53.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-14, 09:02   Link #2
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Thanks for the heads up, came out over a week ago and I didn't notice anything. Anime movie releases are harder to keep track of.

Will watch right away.
Old 2023-01-14, 10:53   Link #3
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Thanks for the heads up, came out over a week ago and I didn't notice anything. Anime movie releases are harder to keep track of.

Will watch right away.
Stock up on Kleenex.
Old 2023-01-14, 12:25   Link #4
grecefar

It was great and the ending was perfect.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-14, 12:36   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Had some surprise visitors over which almost never happens so that delayed my watching a bit.

That was a wonderful movie, very much worthy as a follow up to the already great third season. So many good moments in it. The highlight was of course the pair taking care of a kitty for most of the summer. The ending to that storyline was predictable, and I thought the way it happened was a bit too contrived (still an emotional scene), but I didn't care anymore given what came after: Nishikata swearing he'll make Takagi happy.

And the the post-credit scene. Perfect way to cap off this movie. I certainly wouldn't mind a 4th season of Takagi-san, but I feel like this movie works as an ending to the series. They could even use the ending as a springboard to launch a Moto Takagi-san anime. I'm actually shocked it hasn't happened yet.
Old 2023-01-14, 16:16   Link #6
grecefar

they got together at the end, so I doubt we will get new material unless is original or author pull the trigger in the manga and keeps going with them as a couple.

the best thing would be the coming of moto takagi-san that like you said it's a surprise it hasn't happened yet.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-15, 00:23   Link #7
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Whether this is made canon or not I seriously hope the author makes them start dating soon and then keeps going. We know he can write a good couple story, and I’d love to see Nishikata struggling to handle the dating thing with her.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-15, 00:38   Link #8
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm very apathetic about Moto. To me the charm of this premise is a first love story of adolescence, and Moto is all that's kind of annoying about Yamamoto's writing with little of the charm. If he did choose to level up NishiKagi and keep the story going with them dating in high school, that could be really interesting, manga or anime. Moto, not so much.

I would never say no to more Takagi anime, as Shin-ei has done such a superb job with it. And the parent manga is of course still going, though with this the anime canon has basically lapped it. If the anime leaves it right here I would have no complaints - it's a great ending for the main pair. Heck, even the S3 ending was a great stopping point.
Old 2023-02-10, 22:54   Link #9
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Finally watched it (was waiting to watch with a friend). One thing really surprised me was when we got a real, deep blush from Takagi as Nishikata got too close to Hana sleeping in her lap. She's always blushing a little around him, but it's clear that she was more flustered than she'd ever been before.

Also, I rather hope Yamamoto makes Saku canon in Moto (so far no pets in the manga).
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-17, 13:30   Link #10
Ghostfriendly

Nish and Takagi being responsible kitty parents was lovely, as was our boy showing his fatherly spirit and developing maturity in the pinky swear scene. Unfortunately his thoughts, as opposed to his words and actions, are still in the middle of last season. Which ended with the poor goof finally realising to a fair extent that he loves the girl; of course there's still going to be tsundere antics and embarrassment but there should be conscious acknowledgement and resolution preceding the climactic 'I'm going to make you happy' for it to be a meaningful conclusion to an excellent series. Both Takagi's immediate and delayed responses were also underwhelming compared to season 3, which ended much more strongly. The future family ending was certainly nice though.

I think only a few characters apart from Takagi and Nishikata have had their 'futures' shown. I'd be interested to see how the other children grow up, and whether the writer can acknowledge that not everyone lives happily ever after without destroying their world of idyllic happiness. Which doesn't require that everyone have everything, only that everyone is content.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote