AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-08-03, 11:08   Link #81
Frontier

Honestly I think having the power to help grow crops is great, even Arthur's parents accepted it, but I guess it just didn't fit the son of a knight and it just set Arthur against becoming a knight himself. But now he's accepted himself and has found a new reason to retake his original path, a path that will set him on the course of protecting Princess Pride .

Arthur talks smack towards his dad, but it's clear the bond between father and son despite that, especially when they take to training with the sword once more. And nothing says prodigy like being able to effectively wield a sword despite not having done it in years. Seems like the love interests in the game were as skilled as Pride was .

Rodrick's wife/Arthur's mom is a certified MILF. I just love how Rodrick just totally bails rather than explain to his wife everything that happened to lead up to their son wanting to be a knight again and forgets his sword in the process. What a goof .

Honestly just from the brief glimpse we get from it Arthur's route seems pretty engrossing. I mean, a tortured knight who is repulsed by the girl who wants to help heal his emotional wounds because of her sister who he hates? Even I want to see how Tiara won his heart .

Everyone loves Princess Pride! The knights just can't get enough of her! And we've got Rodrick running headfirst into walls while nursing a hangover just because he's in a rush to see her. And look at how hard the knights seem to be getting a kick out of Rodrick gushing over his son or Arthur looking cute with Pride .

Any episode with a Pride pout is a good episode .

Honestly I didn't think Stale liked Arthur, but instead Stale sees how capable Arthur is and wants to get close to him and build him up into someone worthy of protecting Pride. Stale can take care of the political threats to his sister, but Arthur can handle any physical problems. And the two boys are able to commiserate, open up, and bond over their shared desire to protect Pride and actually become friends who will help support each other in terms of becoming as capable as they can for her sake. It's really rather sweet .

Looks like we're finally going to find out what the deal is with the Junichi Suwabe character next week .
Old 2023-08-03, 12:04   Link #82
scififan

The crown princess forsaw her fate like a gamer. She doesn't have confidence to escape the game mechanic. She helps out people who are responsible to her doom. They have less tragic background, but it may not prevent her from her downfall.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-03, 14:52   Link #83
Greenish Growth

It's nice that they're letting these parts play out instead of quickly skipping through them. It lets you feel the story better.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-03, 19:23   Link #84
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm kind of impressed that things worked out so well. I figured the story would awkwardly lean too hard in on a rivalry between Stale and Arthur for Pride's affection. And I'm sure at some point they'll have moments like that. But it's good that the episode mostly just built up to a solid friendship. And they both can share that desire to protect Pride and be there when the time is right.

Definitely leaning hard into the potential that Arthur has. Of course he's supposed to be the individual who can surpass Pride in terms of swordsmanship. So it makes sense for him to have that much potential. Only way to keep up with the Last Boss' cheat abilities. And certainly can feel it to a degree with him not having touched a sword in years and yet is still that good. And with him and Stale cooperating they should raise each other to higher levels. At the very least they shouldn't fall behind the people they grew into during the game. While hate and revenge can be powerful motivators, so should a desire to protect.

Honestly I expected them to jump ahead really fast, but they are building things up. Get all the love interests covered properly at a young age before anything moves forward. I appreciate the patience.

I still get Pride being uneasy. Especially when she keeps seeing visions of how things played out in the game from a very real perspective. Plus she doesn't know for sure that she won't end up like that.

Somehow she ended up reincarnating into this body and life. But is it certain that the other personality of Pride is gone? Is it just submerged below the surface with the potential to pop back up? What if she gets kicked out of that body? All the people best suited to defeat her in that case would have dedicated their lives to her and might be slow or just plain be unwilling to oppose her. Doesn't feel wrong to have her bases covered just in case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Honestly just from the brief glimpse we get from it Arthur's route seems pretty engrossing. I mean, a tortured knight who is repulsed by the girl who wants to help heal his emotional wounds because of her sister who he hates? Even I want to see how Tiara won his heart .
Agreed. That's a pretty high hurdle to clear. Of course that's probably the case for Tiara in every route. I mean Stale in the game had to get over feeling anything for the sister of the person that made him murder his own mother. Pride is such an acute source of pain for those love interests and Tiara is her sister. Girl had a tough journey to win anyone over there. Although ironically she has a tough journey to win any hearts in this one too . Sweet girl, but hard to deliver the same intense impact as Pride .
Old 2023-08-04, 10:02   Link #85
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I still get Pride being uneasy. Especially when she keeps seeing visions of how things played out in the game from a very real perspective. Plus she doesn't know for sure that she won't end up like that.

Somehow she ended up reincarnating into this body and life. But is it certain that the other personality of Pride is gone? Is it just submerged below the surface with the potential to pop back up? What if she gets kicked out of that body? All the people best suited to defeat her in that case would have dedicated their lives to her and might be slow or just plain be unwilling to oppose her. Doesn't feel wrong to have her bases covered just in case.
That doesn't work like that. The evil Pride and this Pride are still the same, is not a case of someone's body being possesed for another soul like some others isekai. Pride memories of past life only give her insight about what she would become. Her fear is her reverting to her old ways.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-05, 15:02   Link #86
Marina2

Full ED song is so beautiful

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2023-08-10, 11:22   Link #87
scififan

It is outrageous she can read and understand all legal jargon. The ruling queen is giving her authority to be a judge. So, it may not be the problem.
Old 2023-08-10, 12:35   Link #88
Marina2

Hmm......was that another 2 years time skip near the end?

Gotta say I really enjoy these reverse harem between Pride, Stale and Arthur.

Pride has.....interesting way of thought. She always curse herself and take action by thinking about Tiara first and tried to ship every guys with her. Unknowingly, it is herself that everyone want.
Old 2023-08-10, 13:00   Link #89
Frontier

So with Pride's OP memorization skills she's now become a master of law...the better to either better understand the law so she doesn't flagrantly use it for sinister ends or so that's what she ends up doing in the end. But who cares about something so serious when you have someone as adorable like Tiara sitting right across from you ?

I see Pride is thinking Tiara is on the Stale route (who can resist such a perfect Heroine like Tiara?) not knowing Stale's real feelings or how Tiara likens a prince and princess to Stale and Pride. Not that Pride is interested in a prince or romance herself, she's more than happy being with her beloved siblings .

I get that Pride is basically a prodigy and very mature for her age, especially since she's destined to take the throne, but isn't she maybe a little too young to be deciding the fate of a man? I guess you have to start these things early for a future queen and Pride needs to set a good example for Tiara .

So the bandit guy was Val, who was an antagonist in the game (and a secret route?), and was working with a group that was kidnapping knights. Obviously they have every reason to straight up execute him, but with his knowledge of where other knights are being kept he can at least earn his freedom...provided he's willing to basically let them neutralize him and live a life in fealty to the royal family for the rest of his life. But better that than dead .

If Pride, as the worst and most vile criminal in history, could get a second chance, shouldn't she do the same for Val? Even promising she'll help him if the contract that prevents him from defending himself ever gets him nearly killed. Though she also makes sure he promises to protect Tiara in case she goes evil .

Poor Pride is so convinced she'll become evil that she just wants to make sure her siblings know she genuinely loves them because she's worried she'll inevitably try to ruin them like she did as OG!Pride .

Poor Arthur. Seeing Pride is not good for his heart. Though him and Stale earnestly training together is pretty sweet .

I like how you can tell there's been a time skip because the boys look taller and Pride's boobs are bigger .

Jeez Pride, you're giving those boys heart attacks through flower language! And they in turn gift their beloved princess with flower crowns. And then everyone ends up with flowers! So cute .

Hmm...looks like Gilbert still doesn't care for Pride .
Old 2023-08-10, 14:00   Link #90
magnuskn

I can't help but feel that the story has become a bit meandering for the last two episodes.
Old 2023-08-10, 16:08   Link #91
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I can't help but feel that the story has become a bit meandering for the last two episodes.
I feel like we're still in the setup phase.
Old 2023-08-10, 18:50   Link #92
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Oh no. Pride is still under the assumption that Tiara has routes left to her . Makes sense of course that with her being so obsessed with her own darkness that she can't see how many people are falling for her. But hopefully she eventually clues in.

But to be fair she's also still convinced that Tiara is going to be Queen. Again that obviously ties into her obsession with herself. And she's right that in the event that Pride goes evil that Tiara would have to fill that spot. But the way things are going that might not happen anyways since she's basically got everyone way too attached to her to ever face her if she did take a dark turn. Only way I see Tiara becoming Queen of anything is if she's married off to another Kingdom.

I get her being a bit shaken up by her own decisiveness. But that may not mean much. She's not just the person of her past life at this point. She's spent a good amount of time as Pride. It's not unbelievable that after being raised as the future Queen that she'd have matured enough to make firm decisions.

Honestly they handled the crime portion pretty well. Gave it a definite level of seriousness and acknowledged that even survival wasn't necessarily going to be all positive.

The one thing I'll give Pride is that she's really determined to cover her basis. Even making use of Val for the sake of protecting Tiara. Outright placing a loophole into the orders given to him but only in the case that protecting Tiara would go against the other orders he was given. And it's a fair point. She can't be completely callous when handling someone like Val. She can't treat the crimes of the game Pride as being unrelated to her. So if she can live like she is now then leaving a small chance open to someone like Val feels appropriate.

We really do seem to be in the setup phase still. Honestly with how seriously they are playing things up, the story almost has to have "evil Pride" take over at some point. Even if it's only temporary.

Regardless, we're moving along.
Old 2023-08-11, 00:29   Link #93
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I feel like we're still in the setup phase.
Is this a two-cour anime? Because "setup" shouldn't really be half the series.
Old 2023-08-11, 00:55   Link #94
Marina2

Quote:
Ep.1-6 covered the first volume of light novel.

When compare to the light novel...

Anime Ep.1-2 Are 'introduction to Pride'

Anime Ep.3-5 are a kind of 'main conflict' + 'big fight' part of the volume.

Anime Ep.6 is 'Conclusion and 'Epilogue' part of the volume.

It's unfortunate that many anime adaptation that doesn't breeze through a LN volume in 3 episodes seem to have this 'slow' feeling to their plot progression. I guess we can't really blame anime studio for wanting to rush through the content in most case.
Old 2023-08-11, 01:09   Link #95
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
If it's 1 cour, I'm pretty sure the setup phase will be the whole series. And that we won't even be done.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-11, 12:56   Link #96
zeross87

i think the number of love interest was said in the anime right ? if not this is a small spoiler but i think they did

Spoiler for setup phase:

i really like they don't rush ahead and scrap scene like the flower one. apart for making it vaguely known there is a time skip the scene itself don't bring very much but they kept it and that a dedication i like.
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-15, 16:51   Link #97
Ghostfriendly

This is slightly more interesting than the basic premise of Hamefura without comedy, which was a very poor premise. So many sweet, pretty, brainlessly devoted characters cheerfully enabling the atrocities that are thought normal in the fairytale kingdom. Child abduction and mental slavery, as portrayed, are incompatible with human dignity. No debate, no 'cultural differences', no other acceptable point of view.

Of course, a great many more atrocities are accepted as normal in the near-dystopia of our reality; Freesia may be a better world than ours, as well as a hideous one. Yet, as it would be if I praised Stale's tearful thanks for his kidnappers' small mercies as a excellent picture of Stockholm syndrome, I think this reading gives the show too much credit. It really has all the moral depth and self-awareness of a puddle, but the kids are cute and the OP is good.

Even if Pride is shown as a heroine rather than a villain for offering a choice between brainwashing or death, which is not, in fact, morally distinct from forced brainwashing. The author seems to have watched Clockwork Orange and gone 'Hey, that Ludovico Technique sounds neat!' Of course, this is adapted from yet another immoral, thoughtless webnovel by producers that care nothing for quality and everything for guaranteed profit.

Last edited by Ghostfriendly; 2023-08-16 at 17:40.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-17, 12:35   Link #98
scififan

The pushy prime minister turns out to be a good guy. According to his own account, he spent his youth as thief and gigglo. He was reformed after encounters a duke's daughter, while she was having a night out. Soon, he wants to engage to her. To match up her social status, he climbed up the career ladder as a rocket launcher. The pace of Maria's illness development is equally dramatic. To save his finance, he pushes the law to round up people with special ability among civilians.
Old 2023-08-17, 14:03   Link #99
Frontier

It took two years but Arthur is finally a knight! And who better to knight him than his beloved Princess Pride in her fanciest dress ?

Nothing says a smart character is smart like wearing glasses! Stale wears them well! And of course the compliment that means the most comes from none other than Pride .

Glibert just won't leave Pride alone, huh? Especially when he's trying to get his Mutant Registration Act...I mean, Special Ability Registration law passed. It gets bad enough Pride's dad has to step in and try to talk him down, but he won't be satisified, especially when a precious life is at stake .

It took Pride this long to remember Glibert was in the game? I guess she just totally forgot about the secret character...or the fact that she never actually saw him in his adult form in the context of the game, as OG!Pride had hijacked his law to steal anyone with powers for herself and reduced him to nothing but an old man. When he's really just a younger guy with the ability to change his age .

Pride wears that royal uniform quite well! Especially when she and Stale are kicking butt while practically dressed to the 9's together!

It's a tale as old as time...lowlife boy meets sickly noble girl, they both offer each other what the other lacks (a desire for true happiness and the chance to see the outside world), they fall in love, girl gets engaged to another man (complete with confessing and kissing the boy she really loves), boy trains and ages himself up to the point where he has enough status to make the girl engaged to him, and things are going well...until she gets sick again. I can't believe I feel bad for Glibert. He and Marianne don't deserve this .
Old 2023-08-17, 16:58   Link #100
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
The pushy prime minister turns out to be a good guy. According to his own account, he spent his youth as thief and gigglo. He was reformed after encounters a duke's daughter, while she was having a night out. Soon, he wants to engage to her. To match up her social status, he climbed up the career ladder as a rocket launcher. The pace of Maria's illness development is equally dramatic. To save his finance, he pushes the law to round up people with special ability among civilians.
Good guy? He's a would be human trafficker with a sob story.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote