Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-04-16, 02:40   Link #6361
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Word of God. It's hard to trust the Word of God here when it flip-flops so damn much and when its contents does not match up with what we're shown or given.
I don't think that's actually a flip flop.. I can actually understand his point of view. I can understand hoe one might look at Kira's feelings towards Lacus and Flay in the 2nd half of Seed as Love but not necessarily romantic, after all, Love =/= Romance. So I guess I agree with Fukuda here. btw, I don't think Kira was ever really romantic throughout Seed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Not to mention that there's something in stake for the Author's wife and scriptwriter to go forth with her self-insert.
...Like what?
Old 2013-04-16, 02:51   Link #6362
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
...Like what?
c'mon Kaito, this is the same person who destroyed Cagalli's character.
Old 2013-04-16, 03:06   Link #6363
kaito-kid

Quote:
c'mon Kaito, this is the same person who destroyed Cagalli's character.
I refuse to believe such unfounded nonsense, Some of wich was created in this very forum years ago.. You were here as wel so you should know how it all started. It pisses me off how people are still preaching this bullshit as a known fact.

A scriptwriter purposely trying to discredit the characters wich she created in the first place.. Com on, get real! And I sincerely hope you are not going there as well..
Old 2013-04-16, 03:06   Link #6364
n0m@n
C-Z

Well, certainly changing Kira back to being a main character in Destiny does seem like the director and the crew favours Kira over Shinn(Actually similar thing happened in Dragon Ball when Gohan was supposed to be the main character for Buu saga, but they switched it back to Goku being the main).
I actually liked Shinn so I was sad to see this happened. I hope the remaster actually changes the scene between the battle of Destiny and Infinite Justice, so they can have Infinite Justice lose atleast one limb to make it look like more of a battle......

Oh, there was also some funny information in the guidebook. The voice actress of SEED was asked which male character they prefer between Kira, Sai, Athrun, and some other guys as their boyfriend. To the surprise, Sai was ranked first as the "boyfriend" material followed by Athrun, and Kira(Though, even the voice actress said that Kira seemed unreliable since he cried too often in SEED).
Old 2013-04-16, 03:30   Link #6365
kaito-kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Well, certainly changing Kira back to being a main character in Destiny does seem like the director and the crew favours Kira over Shinn.
Shinn was never going to be the sole main character of Destiny, no one made such promise. Athrun and Kira were also there from the start, even in the early promo art works.

It's ok to say you wished Shinn was the only main character, but you can't blame anyone for the fact he wasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Oh, there was also some funny information in the guidebook. The voice actress of SEED was asked which male character they prefer between Kira, Sai, Athrun, and some other guys as their boyfriend. To the surprise, Sai was ranked first as the "boyfriend" material followed by Athrun, and Kira(Though, even the voice actress said that Kira seemed unreliable since he cried too often in SEED).
Not a guidebook. I think it's from the Seed promo events. And what exactly your point?
Old 2013-04-16, 04:06   Link #6366
monster

Quote:
Because it is romantic love, a tragic one if you ask me. When Kira realized that Fllay was in the pod, his initial reaction was fear, leading to desperation. He screamed her name, almost in agony. and even though he said that she was someone that he hurt: the real issue is how he hurt her. and most likely that statement alludes to how he abruptly ended their relationship without really thinking into it. That's why it was agonizing for him.
Again, is it really romantic love when all Kira could acknowledge was that Flay was one more person he failed to protect? After all that they've been through, in the end, it was still about him failing to protect her, just as he failed to protect her father and just as he failed to protect the shuttle.
Quote:
On the other side of the coin, Fllay was happy that Kira was alive, she would also scream his name in Agony, and would later reveal to Natarle (great acting by Kuwashima in this scene btw) that she's ready to set things straight with him.
For my part, I don't doubt that Flay had started to have feelings for Kira, although I'm of the opinion that she would not pursue it if he won't.
Quote:
Everything was set up for them to reconcile.
Oh, I agree, as friends.
Quote:
I find it laughable to think otherwise, because really, the only reason for Fllay's death is to validate the relationship with Lacus, which is obviously forced, just look at how Lacus throws herself into Kira, while Kira grieves about Fllay. And please explain why Kira's anxiety already has him hallucinating that Lacus was Fllay?
Kira was already emotionally shaken after Rau's revelation about him and his parents. Flay's appearance added to his emotional burden at the time.

Also, do realize that Kira's reaction to remembering Flay the first time was to say sorry, again showing his sense of guilt, and the second time was to flinch, since it was not a good memory for him.
Quote:
The point is, Kira broke his vow not to Kill. It was a boiling point like no other.
When did he make that vow?
Quote:
Please, his feelings for Fllay are stronger.
The point is that a non-romantic feeling toward someone could produce such a reaction.
Quote:
It has been proven that Kira rejoins the war because he doesn't want Lacus to join Fllay in the afterlife. It's the same way with Emily, Flit and Yurin.
What are you talking about here?
Quote:
A mere technicality, It also means it's better for Kira to care than to love, really... because the same situation was entered during Destiny, ep 39, that had Kira...be prodded by Athrun just to save Lacus... I mean, man such passion. ugh. I mean Lacus was going "I'll just leave the pods if we go down...don't worry about me dying". If Kira had any passion left in him, he would've got on the Strike without Athrun's 'advice'.
The situations are different.

On one hand, you have a girl on her own stuck in an escape pod crying out for help during a battle while Kira is already emotionally shaken in that episode and is already fighting in that battle.

On the other hand, you have a girl who is on a ship in space with Andrew protecting her while Kira is on Earth, not under stress, is not fighting in battle, and does not know what kind of danger Lacus was in. Kira is obviously still worried, but he is not in a position to react emotionally as he was in SEED.
Quote:
It also becomes clear that you, monstert are not really a fan of the couple, to go as far as discredit the feelings between them. Stop pretending.
Oh, I am a fan of them. The difference is, instead of trying to force my own ideals on their relationship, I'm enough of a fan to accept them becoming just friends. (It's unfortunate that they never got the chance to do even that.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
What cannot be disputed is that Kira still very much loved Flay up into her death and even after despite him moving on with Lacus who he did eventually grow to love just as much, if not more than, with Flay even if Flay will always remain his first one true love.
Actually, what cannot be disputed is that Kira still cared for Flay. Whether Kira had any romantic feelings left for Flay is a different story.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 06:37   Link #6367
Aquaman OS

Quote:
and about the other side? Fllay almost had a moment of Joy when she heard Kira in the radio. She was ready to be by his side, but sadly, Athrun 'somehow' disagrees with Kira's urge to save her. and forcibly pulls him back.
He's not disagreeing with Kira's urge to save her so much as Kira's urge to dive towards the enemy ship with 3 MS's on his back and a mobile suit with it's engines damaged and main camera destroyed while his own allies were already pulling out of the area and risking him being left behind (ie, certain suicide).

If Athrun didn't grab him Kira would have certainly been killed, although he also expressed confusion as to why exactly this girl in a pod suddenly made Kira lose it so its clear he didn't think retrieving this girl was important. He later sort of understands after Cagalli explains this to him, and to be fair if Kira kept a cool head he could have coordinated a manuever with Athrun and Dearka to break past the druggies and get the pod. But since he's so messed up from the recent revealations and such he just goes off on his own screaming and nearly gets killed.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 07:24   Link #6368
Washu-Chan