2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-06, 16:46   Link #4181
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Proof is in that moment with Anya. They had no real connection but that Marianne was in passive possession of Anya. They came into contact and that triggered a reaction.
Anya didn't even have a Geass ability herself. Just under a Geass effect of both Marianne and Charles.

Nunnally's connection to her brother could of just been her love for her brother.

There is no evidence that when a person gives up or has their Code taken they keep their memories. Unless a guide book or something official comes out that shows it's possible.
Till then the fact that C.C. is alive with memories is proof enough that she has her Code still.
you make it sound like you're 100% sure that losing a code = losing one's memories...as you said, unless a "guide book/something official" comes out, we can't jump to conclusions:... that reference to the nun i made...and the thing about c.c, was just to point out that what you think might just be an assumption as well without hard/solid evidence.
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 16:53   Link #4182
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
you make it sound like you're 100% sure that losing a code = losing one's memories...as you said, unless a "guide book/something official" comes out, we can't jump to conclusions:... that reference to the nun i made...and the thing about c.c, was just to point out that what you think might just be an assumption as well without hard/solid evidence.
I can jump to that when nothing in the show has ever shown that a Geass user passes the code and lives and keeps the memories of the events. the mere act of losing the Code could cause death it it's actually taken away.

In fact I have evidence form the show that when C.C.'s body wasn't in possession of the Code she had no memories of the Geass at all.
Even if it's possible to survive once the Code is completely take from the body. That shows without the Code the memories are lost.

Anything else is just speculation.

You did leave out the possibility before that the nun mortally wounded herself, passed the Code to C.C. so she couldn't heal in time. That would fit with what happened to V.V. Mortally wounded and had his Code stolen by Charles before he could recover.
Old 2008-10-06, 17:06   Link #4183
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
I can jump to that when nothing in the show has ever shown that a Geass user passes the code and lives and keeps the memories of the events. the mere act of losing the Code could cause death it it's actually taken away.

In fact I have evidence form the show that when C.C.'s body wasn't in possession of the Code she had no memories of the Geass at all.
Even if it's possible to survive once the Code is completely take from the body. That shows without the Code the memories are lost.

Anything else is just speculation.

You did leave out the possibility before that the nun mortally wounded herself, passed the Code to C.C. so she couldn't heal in time. That would fit with what happened to V.V. Mortally wounded and had his Code stolen by Charles before he could recover.
to me it doesn't't seem like c.c. would steal the code...and honestly, the whole thing with c.c.'s temporary "revert back to old self" and then coming back is ambiguous. There's no solid thing you can conclude from that.

But different people have different opinions on what is solid evidence, so to you you might feel like you have enough to jump to that conclusion...but for me i'd still say there's room for interpretation and other possible outcomes

edit:
please, let's just leave it at this, there's no point in further arguments...

btw, i have some ideas for those 4komas that you drew (for code geass)...if you'd like to hear them out, or you can do me a favor by drawing it out cuz i'd love ot see it hehe
Old 2008-10-06, 17:12   Link #4184
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
btw, i have some ideas for those 4komas that you drew (for code geass)...if you'd like to hear them out, or you can do me a favor by drawing it out cuz i'd love ot see it hehe
I'm not sure I'm going to be making any 4komas unless I find the will to make more. Let alone any Code Geass art in general.

I also don't take requests, but I do take commissions.
Old 2008-10-06, 17:13   Link #4185
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

as for the translation for the :読者の质问に左の第3四半期に発表したすべては、次の..
ccは彼女の愿いを达成するために话が変更される场合が确かに。
平和が长すぎる0.2年とされた后、国の平和を破るにはありません。

my roomate who is japanese says that it doesn't MAKE SENSE! it's like partially japanese partially chinese

BUT, he did make a change: he said that the 0.2 years thing is saying that it's been 0.2 years and the peace has been going on for too long(-going on too long for bad things to happen)...so it's saying that the peace will be kept because nothing evil has happened for such a long time.

my friend said that the translation kinda makes sense because the japanese that one has to work with sucks (half japanese, some chinese characters thrown in)...he says maybe something got screwed up while the guy typed it into the blog
Old 2008-10-06, 17:14   Link #4186
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
I'm not sure I'm going to be making any 4komas unless I find the will to make more. Let alone any Code Geass art in general.

I also don't take requests, but I do take commissions.
:'(...if you don't take requests, would it be possible for you to one day show us how you draw/color those things? I'm not a bad drawer myself, i just don't know how to color the stuff in on the computer...and i've searched online but i can't find anything good
Old 2008-10-06, 17:22   Link #4187
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
:'(...if you don't take requests, would it be possible for you to one day show us how you draw/color those things? I'm not a bad drawer myself, i just don't know how to color the stuff in on the computer...and i've searched online but i can't find anything good
I have a saying about requests.
"You can request anything you want. I just don't promise to ever make it."
Long winded way of saying I don't take requests just because they are requested.
Now paying me to draw something is different.

I don't do tutorials either.

I'm not lacking the ideas of making more Code Geass 4komas. I'm just not feeling the will to make any of them.
My hope is that the new issues of Newtype and other magazines will have information that would help improve my mood.

My favorite character is Kallen and I'm not too happy with how she was treated at the end of the series. She spent her whole season falling in love with Lelouch. Then have to watch her suffer for the last few episodes as she has to oppose him.
It felt sadistic.
Old 2008-10-06, 17:27   Link #4188
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

V.V.'s case (from Eclipse subs, ep 15.) Edit: Scene starts at 05:35-36 in Eclipse's subs (H264 ver), so anyone who wants to check it out, it's there.

In chronological order

Screen 1: C.C. talking to V.V.

Screen 2 : V.V. talking

Screen 3: V.V. still talking

Screen 4: C.C. commenting on what V.V. is saying

Screen 5 : V.V. continues

V.V. remembers about Charles etc, etc.

All this happens after Lelouch is inside, and play just after Charles has shot himself.

Point: V.V. is obviously alive (he TALKS) even after Charles got his Code and waited for Lelouch inside. V.V. was owned in that mecha battle and he was bleeding even before he saw Charles. It's more likely that V.V. died of his wounds rather than transferring his Code. In the nun's case we really don't know how she died, but V.V. was already like crap before he even saw Charles at the gateway.

The memory part is always up to questioning. Is he just reminiscing about the past since he is now beyond help but retains whatever memories he had even though he passed his Code, or has he really returned to that time because he passed his Code and lost his memories?
Old 2008-10-06, 17:29   Link #4189
FoxxFireArt

I've never seen that scene. Not in any of the versions I saw online.

That is so odd.
Guess that does show you can have your memories after losing the Code.

Last edited by FoxxFireArt; 2008-10-06 at 17:47.
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 17:34   Link #4190
Eliarine

Quote:
My favorite character is Kallen and I'm not too happy with how she was treated at the end of the series. She spent her whole season falling in love with Lelouch. Then have to watch her suffer for the last few episodes as she has to oppose him.
It felt sadistic.
Well, this is Code Geass, the series that had two best friends hate each other - indirectly and directly - for almost two seasons. Kallen spent most of R2 trying to understand Lelouch, I thought it was very fitting that she should be the one narrating the epilogue.
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 17:46   Link #4191
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Well, this is Code Geass, the series that had two best friends hate each other - indirectly and directly - for almost two seasons. Kallen spent most of R2 trying to understand Lelouch, I thought it was very fitting that she should be the one narrating the epilogue.
They did give Kallen the last romantic kiss of the series. In this one Lelouch's eyes were closed. His kisses with C.C. his eyes were wide open. Koshimizu also posted a clip from a mag showing that when C.C. kissed him it was to copy his memories to the World of C. The second kiss was to download those memories back to him.

One thing that always stuck out to me about that scene. While Lelouch didn't give Kallen the answers she wanted. He also refused to even lie to her.

Also in Lelouch's memories Kallen didn't appear as a friend or fighter. She was the girl who kissed him.
Old 2008-10-06, 17:48   Link #4192
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
They did give Kallen the last romantic kiss of the series. In this one Lelouch's eyes were closed. His kisses with C.C. his eyes were wide open. Koshimizu also posted a clip from a mag showing that when C.C. kissed him it was to copy his memories to the World of C. The second kiss was to download those memories back to him.

One thing that always stuck out to me about that scene. While Lelouch didn't give Kallen the answers she wanted. He also refused to even lie to her.

Also in Lelouch's memories Kallen didn't appear as a friend or fighter. She was the girl who kissed him.
And his last "touching" scenes were with CC epi 23 + 24. And in the flashback Shirley was shown 3 times {kiss included}. Point? Romance was left unresolved.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 17:52   Link #4193
Eliarine

Quote:

I...wasn't talking about the romance aspect. I just thought it was a good resolution to her character that she managed to understand Lelouch in the end.
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 17:57   Link #4194
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
I...wasn't talking about the romance aspect. I just thought it was a good resolution to her character that she managed to understand Lelouch in the end.
True, it was the best resolution actually. That was her journey in R2 afterall.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 18:15   Link #4195
Alchemist007
*Author

I remember seeing the .2 years thing on an online translator, but I didn't think it made sense (I would think they'd use months instead).
Old 2008-10-06, 18:42   Link #4196
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I remember seeing the .2 years thing on an online translator, but I didn't think it made sense (I would think they'd use months instead).
yeah my friend thinks that when the producer typed it up (it was on some other program), and then he copied and pasted and somewhere in the middle stuff got lost...because he says half the things don't really make sense, and it had some chinese characters in it when it was supposed to be all japanese haha

@firefoxx...i thought you did drawings for fun/one of those that did it just for the hell of it, so i assumed you wouldn't mind making a tutorial/do it out of kindness/love for art...but to pay you for something? come on man are you serious about that? i hope you were joking because that really takes away a lot of the respect i have for you (no offense) - the way i see art...it isn't about making money or anything like that, it's the passion for art and the "want" to create.
- maybe i misunderstood your tone, but this is online...so i can't really judge anything except the words you write here..and to me, asking for money to draw something is just rather disgusting in my opinion. I really don't want to bash you or anything, it's more a constructive feedback/response from a "fan" if anything.
Old 2008-10-06, 18:49   Link #4197
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
@firefoxx...i thought you did drawings for fun/one of those that did it just for the hell of it, so i assumed you wouldn't mind making a tutorial/do it out of kindness/love for art...but to pay you for something? come on man are you serious about that? i hope you were joking because that really takes away a lot of the respect i have for you (no offense) - the way i see art...it isn't about making money or anything like that, it's the passion for art and the "want" to create.
- maybe i misunderstood your tone, but this is online...so i can't really judge anything except the words you write here..and to me, asking for money to draw something is just rather disgusting in my opinion. I really don't want to bash you or anything, it's more a constructive feedback/response from a "fan" if anything.
Graphic art is my job. It's how a make a living. By taking the large amount of time it takes to make these 4komas is time I'm not spending on my paid work. Basically, I lost a great deal of time and money working on those 4komas.

I made my 4komas out of enjoyment for the series and I enjoy the character Kallen.
Now I don't have the urge to make any more. I feel irritated with the idea of sitting down and drawing the ideas I have.
If someone wanted to pay me to draw them. That would at least be compensation for the irritation.

Art isn't as simple as sitting down and drawing something. If you don't feel it. What you make wont look right.
Old 2008-10-06, 18:56   Link #4198
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Graphic art is my job. It's how a make a living. By taking the large amount of time it takes to make these 4komas is time I'm not spending on my paid work. Basically, I lost a great deal of time and money working on those 4komas.

I made my 4komas out of enjoyment for the series and I enjoy the character Kallen.
Now I don't have the urge to make any more. I feel irritated with the idea of sitting down and drawing the ideas I have.
If someone wanted to pay me to draw them. That would at least be compensation for the irritation.

Art isn't as simple as sitting down and drawing something. If you don't feel it. What you make wont look right.
see thats what i was missing from my criticism...didn't know you did this for a job, thought you did something else. It was just that from the way you said it, you made it sound like you would only do something for money.

Well, thats my fault, and i apologize. But i do wish i could learn how to friggin color in my pictures...it's really frustrating only seeing the black and white drawings of mine
Old 2008-10-06, 19:17   Link #4199
Sol Falling

Quote:
Well, C.C. still has her memories so that mean she has the Code. If she has the Code that means she can create more Geass users. I just don't see why she would though.
A Geass user could put at risk the world peace that Lelouch gave his life to create. It would be like spitting on his memory.

Maybe, but look at all the secrets she kept from him. She never told him she was in almost constant contact with his mother. C.C. knew all along how Marianne died and Nunnlly's crippling, but never said anything.
Although I'm generally in agreement with you about C.C., I don't think she's cursed to be lonely. I think, by the end of the series, both Lelouch and C.C. came to accept Geass--Lelouch by thinking of it as a wish, and C.C. by realizing it didn't always make people lonely. And if you think about it, C.C.'s negative view of Geass and Code (it will make you lonely, immortality is eternal suffering) is actually the main reason she kept information from Lelouch, and thus the main reason for Lelouch's mistakes.

Think of it this way: it was Code and Geass which made C.C. a selfish, manipulative, and despairing person. However, if C.C. no longer saw Geass as a curse, then she could give it to others without being selfish or manipulative. Without having to give it to people who weren't prepared for it, without having to manipulate people to keep using it, and without having to 'trick' people into recieving Code, Geass could very well be a gift, rather than a curse. In this case, there's no reason to think that continuing to give out Geass would be like spitting on Lelouch's memory (only if she does it to help others, though; if she did so attempting to die again, that would indeed be a betrayal).

Quote:
I've never seen that scene. Not in any of the versions I saw online.

That is so odd.
Guess that does show you can have your memories after losing the Code.
:P Actually, it doesn't really. Your initial interpretation is more than likely correct: if you listen to V.V.'s words in that scene, he talks about recieving Code in future tense. This doesn't make sense from a 'he still has his memories' perspective, since V.V. had already had one for ~50 years. If he were talking about getting another one (why? how?) he'd probably say something like "I'll reclaim it".
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 19:30   Link #4200
Lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyless View Post
And his last "touching" scenes were with CC epi 23 + 24. And in the flashback Shirley was shown 3 times {kiss included}. Point? Romance was left unresolved.
Nunally, not C.C..

Quote:
Kallen spent most of R2 trying to understand Lelouch, I thought it was very fitting that she should be the one narrating the epilogue.
It may have been fitting and well concluded but that hardly excuses the horrible job they did in handling it, "supposedly". The so-called romance subplot in their dynamic was a waste of time if they meant for it to mean nothing; it could have been better spent on her brother and father, or why she is even fighting in the first place. There was no reason for it to be included in her journey to understand Lelouch and could have been time better spent.
I'll offer Shirley as an example, as she was my favorite pairing before conveniently dying , when her plot was about understanding Lelouch through the end of Season 1 and the pre and post-moments of the Mao arc, there was no romance being implied, at best a loose friendship (I was banking on her understanding him leading to romance which is what happened in R2, but the two elements were almost always kept seperate. Kallen's on the other hand could be argued either way as to what purpose Scene #2 had. An example within my example: What does falling on top of him, after thinking of his attempt to sleep with her (also having nothing to do with understanding him), have anything to do with understanding Lelouch? The conversation questions it/him, but in a provacative pose.). There was a girl trying to piece together everything about either her fractured memories/unexplained note, or figuring out who Lelouch was brought on by Viletta's goading and her father's death.
Whereas Kallen was a garbled mess of both, which makes no real sense to me if its supposed to be 'handled well' and in an ambiguous ending. Like my example within my example... was getting to, Kallen's attempts to understand Lelouch were bullet riddled with some form of undertones that simply were not present in any other characters dynamic (Suzaku and Euphemia, Ougi and Viletta aside). To push the point further asking someone what they mean to you at gunpoint and later kissing them, while loosely tied to "understanding" would more naturally be a tone for romance.
There were better ways to handle Kallen's development, they could have done it like they did Shirley's, or they could have done it some other way to elaborate on her character more, if it was intended to be just about understanding Lelouch. Call me brain dead retarded but I don't think that was the point of her development nor was it the only point of her epilogue and why she was the one talking.
Lie is offline   Reply With Quote