AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-08-20, 12:21   Link #1
Ohyeah4Xx

Downloading Anime into an Ipod

Ok....ummmmm can anyone answer this question plzz..

where can you download japanese anime and the put it into an ipod?

like step by step plz...im not that good with computer
Ohyeah4Xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 12:48   Link #2
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

First of all, I think you need to convert the file to something else, but I don't have an ipod (at least not a video one) so i have no idea. For my cell you have to change it to 3GP format, but i have no idea for ipods.
Old 2007-08-20, 13:12   Link #3
matt4212

First you need to convert the episodes to mp4 format, then you need to plug your ipod into your computer, and then you have to move them onto your ipod. I'm pretty sure that's how it's done.
matt4212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 15:02   Link #4
thr

Try MediaCoder (if you're using Windows).

http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/index.htm

There's also a guide.

http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/wi..._iPod_5G_Video
thr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 12:03   Link #5
Ohyeah4Xx

thankx very much!

The steps i took:

1. download the anime ---30min----
2. convert it into a MP4 ---30min~1.2hours--- (depending how big the anime takes up)
3. Import the NEW {MP4} anime into itunes
4. convert it into ipod movie ---about 3 hours----
5. Next there are two [identical] animes in your library......pick the one that fits into your ipod movie because only one does since u converted once.

6. Now make sure u eject ur ipod and enjoy!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Took me awhile to do this process over and over again so i do this when i go to sleep....
Ohyeah4Xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 18:04   Link #6
Dkong1026

That's a bit too many steps...

After downloading the anime, download Super (http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html)
Use that to convert your anime into mp4. Put the anime on iTunes and upload it onto your ipod.
I'm pretty sure that converting to ipod movie is a waste of time and unnecessary.

Now, I don't have an ipod, but I KNOW that this is what my friend does. I'm 99% sure he never converts to ipod movie.

Though, he uses videora...but that has ads all over the place. It seemed to be spyware free, but still...
Dkong1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 18:05   Link #7
teh_nubkilr
*IT Support

Red Kawa's Videora is also a great converter for iPod in simplicity; it's very easy to use.
teh_nubkilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 18:06   Link #8
[darkfire]
Give them the What For!
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to [darkfire] Send a message via Yahoo to [darkfire]
Or use Handbrake
Old 2010-09-25, 10:21   Link #9
Random32
Also a Lolicon

iPod takes mp4 or m4v video. Any video converter works, I prefer FFMpeg or one of its front ends. Both Handbrake and WinFF have good presets for iPod.

I use SharePod to manage my iPod instead of iTunes, as far as I know, it doesn't have any of the converting to ipod movie stuff
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 09:41   Link #10
Shinjite

Dear topic starter,

I know how to help you, i got a Ipod Touch and watch tons of movies, tv series and anime on it.
Now i know you have found a solution but i have seen the times it takes to convert a movie / tv serie. I know a programme that does it much faster, ofcourse depending on how busy your machine is on that moment.

http://www.jodix.com/ (the yellow ish looking programme with Britnet spears on it)
Free to download, very simple to use, but can only convert .Avi files so far i know. but it works perfect.

Download, install, put in the correct screen specs. 320x240 or something, you can adjust video and sound quality to make the file bigger / smaller. Say what map you want the files in and press convert. It's fast and user friendly.

Like i said, it only does .Avi files though.

Drag and drop the converted files from your map to your ipod in itunes (might take itunes a few seconds to let you drop it. It somehow has trouble with drag and drop items..)

Movie takes like 30 minutes to convert for me. (depending on the lenght of the movie)
Shinjite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 10:37   Link #11
Random32
Also a Lolicon

mkv (softsubbed) to ipod
Get MKVtoolnix and MKVextractGUI and HandBrake, Google is your friend

1. use MKVextractGUI to get the subtitle track out of the mkv
2. open Handbrake, select your video as the source
3. under the subtitles tab, select import SRT and find the subtitle you extracted, add it
4. select the iPhone & iPod Touch or iPod Presets from the Apple category
5. Destination must be an *.m4v file
6. click start and wait for it to finish
7. put it on your iPod like you would any other video, I nomrally use SharePod, but iTunes probably works too
8. softsubs should work like movies bought off of iTunes with subtitles. On my iTouch, its a button on the left of the bar with pause/play/etc.

any hardsub to ipod
Get HandBrake, Google is your friend

1. open HandBrake, select desried video as your source
2. select the iPhone & iPod or iPod presets from the Apple category
3. Destination must be an *.m4v file
4. click start and wait for it to finish
5. put it on your iPod like you would any other video, I normally use SharePod, but iTunes probably works too
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 08:11   Link #12
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

I know this is a necropost, but just for anyone having trouble with using above process and soft-subs, there are two important things to remember...

You will now often need to convert ASS files to SRT. Do this using Aegisub. Open the ASS file with that then go to file export, and export the file as a ASCII SRT file. Then when in handbrake, make sure to set the text format for ASCII. Also, after doing all that, don't forget to actually click "Add" to add the subtitles as an option in the file video.
vedicardi is offline   Reply With Quote