AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-04-19, 05:23   Link #41
JustAnotherFan
/(bb|[^b]{2})/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzel
But why is it refered to as "Tweeny Witches" when neither the OP nor the filename reflect this?
The promo had Tweeny Witches in the filename so it was to be expected that further epsiodes will have too. In addition the official site is named http://www.tweeny-witches.com/ which indicates this is the official english name.

But names can be changed easily if there is need to

Last edited by JustAnotherFan; 2004-04-19 at 22:27. Reason: typo
JustAnotherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-19, 17:00   Link #42
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

The title has been bothering me also. I hope that someone can tell us why the original filename and website say Tweeny Witches. My guess is that Tweeny Witches was the original working title, but things have evolved since then.

Once we have more information we might change the title that is being used on AnimeSuki.com

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-19, 17:14   Link #43
PocariSweat
ポカリが?どんな動物ですか?

Quote:
But why is it refered to as "Tweeny Witches" when neither the OP nor the filename reflect this?
Kinda wondered that too - the title's "Mahou Shoujo-tai" or "Magic Girl Squad", which is a bit on the generic side if you ask me. I can only guess tween = pre-teen = shoujo (more or less), and Mahou can mean witchcraft (or any magic really). Probably just something AF-F used as kind of a half-joke for the promo that stuck. (EDIT: Oops sorry - didn't notice this was the official English name. Guess you can't blame AF-F )
PocariSweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 00:52   Link #44
babbito2k
annoying white bat

I think "Mahou Shoujotai" is meant ironically. This series is not mahou shoujo, the girls aren't the best magicians around, and they don't even make much of a group given their contrary attitudes and mutual animosity.

Seems to me that the second episode provided enough (and a good enough) plot to hold the series together. The cramped, gloomy atmosphere makes more sense after watching the payoff of #2.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 02:16   Link #45
Fronzel
Schmuck

Alice is a bit of one of those iritating massivly idealistic goody-two-shoes protaginists, though.

"Magic should make people happy!"
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 03:01   Link #46
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

I know, I know. Her "Magic should make people happy" line gave me horrific flash-backs to Mahou Tsukai Tai 2. There was a character in that awful sequel whose tag-line seemed to be "Magic just wants to play."

I really didn't enjoy being reminded of that sequel. Fortunately I'm loving the show enough to overcome the power of that flash-back.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-04-29, 03:15   Link #47
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I know, I know. Her "Magic should make people happy" line gave me horrific flash-backs to Mahou Tsukai Tai 2.
Are you referring to Jurika and the TV series?

Anyway... this series reminds me more of "Now and Then, Here and There" than Mahou Tsukai Tai - the scenery and the final scene of episode 2 give me that feeling. If the story is headed where I think it is, an ignorant and stubborn (and idealistic etc.) protagonist is just what the story needs.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 03:30   Link #48
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Yes! You saw that piece of garbage! Absolutely the only thing that reminds me of the Mahou Tsukai Tai 2 TV series is that line.

Old 2004-04-29, 03:37   Link #49
Fronzel
Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
Anyway... this series reminds me more of "Now and Then, Here and There" than Mahou Tsukai Tai - the scenery and the final scene of episode 2 give me that feeling. If the story is headed where I think it is, an ignorant and stubborn (and idealistic etc.) protagonist is just what the story needs.
Interesting. NTHT's....Shu, I believe his name was...was exactly the character I had in mind when I made that comment. That was one of two things that bothered me about NTHT. No, wait, six. Six. Six and a half.

Hmmm.....if this is so, I hope Alice is sorely tested in her beliefs, and perhaps forced to come up with something a bit more down-to-earth and workable. That never happened to Shu. Not that she should accept the cruelty of the witch council or anything.

For some reason, I don't think this is that kind of series, but maybe that's just because I haven't seen one for a while and am not expecting one.

What's the target demographic here?
Old 2004-05-10, 11:03   Link #50
Soulchainer

Tweenie Witches

I downloaded 2 chapters of this series and i like this!!!!! (very thanks to the fansub that share it)...
I am very impatient for watch the next chapters!!!!
When the next chapter?
Soulchainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 11:07   Link #51
Thany
Unfair

Asking for next release is forbidden
I guess you didn't read the rules
Really, you should look here
Old 2004-05-10, 11:26   Link #52
Geist
Mind Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany
Asking for next release is forbidden
I guess you didn't read the rules
Really, you should look here
Also, you should check if there's already a thread about what you're going to post. In this case there is: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=11475
Geist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-23, 12:15   Link #53
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Woo Hoo! I just found this anime and I'm really liking it... it has the combination of cute and creepy which works for me.

I'm also not surprised babbito2k is posting a lot here, I remember the little white bat is a fan of animes with short running times.

The pace of this anime is awesome, it seems like I've watched a complete 24 minute episode compressed into less than 9. This may be the first short anime which isn't a comedy to be in the Kempis Curious Good Anime List. Does anyone know of any more?

-k

curious
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-23, 19:09   Link #54
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempis Curious
The pace of this anime is awesome, it seems like I've watched a complete 24 minute episode compressed into less than 9. This may be the first short anime which isn't a comedy to be in the Kempis Curious Good Anime List. Does anyone know of any more?
You mean a good, non-comedy, short anime? Kurogane Communication (licensed) is a partly serious, partly light-hearted tale of the last survivor of the apocalypse (a young girl) and her robot protectors. 15 minute episodes. Yui Horie is the seiyuu. I liked it.
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-23, 23:08   Link #55
stpehen
kisses for all

Re. the title, this was posted by Kisaragi on the Animenation boards:

Quote:
Keita Amamiya, the original planner of this project, posted this article on the internet message board. (Source: Amamiya Keita Fan Gazo Keiji-ban)

Quote:
Title: ARS
Originally posted by Keita Amamiya - April 15th, 2004 - 04:01:39

I wrote "A.R.S" on the front cover of first planning papers of this project three years ago. But officially, the English title of this anime is still undecided. Why was that named ARS? It will be disclosed through the whole story. Please keep the spelling of "ARS" in your mind.

He seems to hope people will call this anime "Mahou Shoujo Tai ARS".
No mention of the "Tweeny Witches" thing, but it is interesting to hear that piece of info about "ARS."
stpehen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 10:17   Link #56
Aquillion

In any case, the only group currently fansubbing this anime refers to it as "Mahou Shoujotai" in every episode past the preview, so Animesuki should probably change to that name already. Outside the preview, there's no series named "Tweeny Witches" on AF-F's scarywater listing; linking to it under that name is just confusing.
Aquillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 19:08   Link #57
Fronzel
Schmuck

Could this show just be a badass version of Ojamajo Doremi?
Old 2004-06-08, 19:34   Link #58
mayukhers112
Mahou Shonen

Quote:
Could this show just be a badass version of Ojamajo Doremi?
I actually think it's a little like Princess Tutu...dunno why...just, the designs make me think that way.
mayukhers112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 23:28   Link #59
Koshiba

Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
Just finished watching the first 5 episodes. ^_^ I really really like it. There's just something really addicting about it. Ahhh. Wish the episodes were longer though. Oh well, I'm SO going to keep watching this one! Can't wait to see how things turn out. I 'm also wondering About Alice's dad. Very interesting indeed.
Koshiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 15:30   Link #60
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Something I noticed that makes this series very unique: It has extremely odd directing. The camera angles and scene cuts are very oddly placed, often with the speaking characters off screen, or the viewpoint from weird angles/placements. Even without the character designs or plot this aspect of the anime is quite unique. Take a look again at episode 2 and you'll see what I mean. It makes me wonder if the show will take a really odd turn at some point.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote