AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-04, 16:18   Link #81
Casshern

The animation was fantastic! From Cashern's fight scenes to Ringo's detailed mannerisms, it was so smooth and fluid! It really does the old school artwork justice! If the first ep is anything to go by, this will definitely be a keeper.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 16:34   Link #82
Molenir

Well, watched the first episode. Since I don't care for the whole apocalyptic garbage, so I'll be giving this one a pass.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 16:40   Link #83
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Checked some of the voices of the robots. Kenta Miyake and Ken Yamaguchi are in it. I noticed the former right away. I thought one of them was Unsho Ishizuka. XP

Spoiler for Cast members of evil robots:

Need some help in figuring out the other guys. I've been able to find out the two so far. Thanks to those who can.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island

Last edited by Yu Ominae; 2008-10-04 at 17:52.
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 17:12   Link #84
NakedAngelX

Boring!!!!!! Well maybe just me lol, not really an attractive OP episode.
Old 2008-10-04, 17:24   Link #85
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedAngelX View Post
not really an attractive OP episode.
There's something really wrong with you if you think that. That or it's not just your type of show.
Old 2008-10-04, 17:27   Link #86
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Did someone see the Live-Action-Movie from Casshern, I am watching it right now.
Could someone tell how this new show is related to that movie.
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 17:31   Link #87
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalowres View Post
Did someone see the Live-Action-Movie from Casshern, I am watching it right now.
Could someone tell how this new show is related to that movie.
The live action movie is a retelling of the basic story though doesn't really go that much into the real story. Casshern Sins is telling the story differently, though same characters.

If you enjoyed the movie, then check out this series.
Old 2008-10-04, 17:39   Link #88
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The live action movie is a retelling of the basic story though doesn't really go that much into the real story. Casshern Sins is telling the story differently, though same characters.

If you enjoyed the movie, then check out this series.
Thanks and I have allready seen the first ep
It was more like that I watched the first ep and remembered that a friend had a DVD which name is Casshern, so I lend it from him and I am now watching it.
It's cool he is fighting vs the Robot Army now
Old 2008-10-04, 17:59   Link #89
zeidy

I am so extremely excited! I watched this series as a little kid when I first came to america on an asian channel. For the last 15 years I have been trying to figure out what this series was. I asked so many people, on so many forums, at so many conventions, in so many anime shops and no matter how i described it, or to who, nobody could figure out what I was talking about. So I searched and searched to no avail... now they are doing a remake and yes, this is the remake of the series I've spent 15 years searching for! I'm so extremely excited to finally know the name of the series and excited for this remake!
zeidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 18:35   Link #90
Molenir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
There's something really wrong with you if you think that. That or it's not just your type of show.
Hmm, I could just as easily say, theres something wrong with you if this is your type of show eh. Speaking for myself, I don't like it, and obviously others do. You and many other people do. Good for you.Glad you like it, just cut the condescension and accept that everyone has different tastes.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 19:03   Link #91
ZODDGUTS

The first episode was pretty good. Love this type of show especially the tone of it reminds me late 80's type of anime which was rather dark. People that love moe crap won't like this show that's for sure. This series won't be upbeat but depressing world feel to it... love that.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 19:13   Link #92
kyouray
2D > 3D

Yeah good first episode. We feel the power !
Casshern reminds me Rockman
Old 2008-10-04, 19:25   Link #93
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
Casshern reminds me Rockman
There were a few chars in the last 20 years which look alike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
The first episode was pretty good. Love this type of show especially the tone of it reminds me late 80's type of anime which was rather dark. People that love moe crap won't like this show that's for sure.
The OLDSCHOOL look of this show is fantastic
And moe is uber , just watch Nogizaka Haruka for uber-moeness, I love that show and I could like this one too.
Sooooooo moe loving people ( moe is not crap ) can like this type of show
Old 2008-10-04, 22:33   Link #94
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
People that love moe crap won't like this show that's for sure.
I think some might, because Ringo seems so moe to me xD Haha.

People that I think might not appreciate this show are those who don't like dark, classic, serious, sci-fi/robot and action stuff ^^; Also those who are not used to retro style. ^^;

I'm not saying their preferences were bad. Tastes just vary in each person, and there's nothign wrong with that

Oh, just noticed there are three groups that have subbed it now (I wish they had released sooner since . . . there aren't much to translate in the first episode anywayz xD). I downloaded them all x_x (not done with the latest sub group though) . . . .but I'm still having difficulties on which sub I like best xD Ehehe ^^;
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 22:37   Link #95
ZODDGUTS

Ringo was made like that so that I'll be even more tragic when bad stuff happens to her mhuhuhuhua!
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 23:40   Link #96
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
pass, old school with bad OST + slow slow pacing and kind of annoyinh animation gets a mega pass
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 23:42   Link #97
Rhapsody

Send a message via AIM to Rhapsody Send a message via MSN to Rhapsody Send a message via Yahoo to Rhapsody
I really like the art style of Casshern Sins. I've never watched the original, but I'm interested to see how the story develops.
Rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 00:50   Link #98
Esper 28
Akira

I didn't catch the original series and I know nothing about the story, but based on the first episode alone, it looks like it's going to be amazing. It was just so intense and I absolutely love the animation. It just fits so well with the whole tone.

I can't wait for the next episode. So good! And as a Gundam fan, I enjoyed hearing Amuro as Casshern.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 01:30   Link #99
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
Watched the episode earlier today and literally loved it. Something about it seemed to get to me, but I think the main aspect was that Casshern didn't know who he was or when he went into his " berserk mode " or whatever you call it, that he didn't know what he was doing. Wanting to find out is basically what caught my attention and will probably make me keep watching.
rainnydaiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 04:48   Link #100
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
Hmm, I could just as easily say, theres something wrong with you if this is your type of show eh. Speaking for myself, I don't like it, and obviously others do. You and many other people do. Good for you.Glad you like it, just cut the condescension and accept that everyone has different tastes.
Seeing as though the person who i was originally talking to never mentioned if this was there type of show (how am i supposed to know if it is or not?) i just took it as it was. Calm down a little man, and see it from my point of view. I had no idea if it was their kind of show or now.

Tags
madhouse