AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 43 42.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 28.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 20.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.98%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.99%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-12-12, 11:31   Link #61
tsunade666

right........... he can't dispel it. His dead. Its different from the graviton.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 11:52   Link #62
therethere

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
ep 11

hey! its Ritsu!!... oh wait, wrong studio...
wrong studio but same seiyuu!
therethere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 11:57   Link #63
BlueDo

The end of the episode feels funny

HOLY CRAP WHERE DID THIS MONSTER COME FROM
Dear my friend~
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 12:04   Link #64
Ichiban Hayai

The episode was very good, apart from the way the villains' flashback was revealed.

I really hate when anime use cheap, convinient Deus-ex machina to advance the story.
Perhaps they could have used another way to show us the flashback.

Awesome episode none the less. Can't wait for the next one...
Ichiban Hayai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 12:27   Link #65
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Mahh~ That won't stop her from teleporting a 2 ton slab of concrete and metal on top of him...
That's true but if Touma vs. Kiyama ever happens of course Touma will win(cause he's the good guy lol) and how will that happen? Neutralize skill and punch. *yawn*

Yeah I hate Touma. To Aru Majutsu no Index bored me cause of Touma. =/
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 13:10   Link #66
velvet nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDo View Post

Dear my friend~
i thought the same thing lol

i knew the end of the episode was when the monster did its scream, so i was wondering how they were going to transition it into the ending song rofl, luckily they had that 'to be continued' screen

but anyways, wtf. why didn't she just teleport mikoto when she grabbed her, so stupid, she could have easily won, and she showed intelligence with the gravity teleport thing too
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 13:35   Link #67
Yufankun

Most likely teleporting a whole person was out of her league. Kuroko is a level 4 teleporter, and can manage to teleport about 130 kg worth of mass at a distance of up to about 80 metres. Kiyama's network probably only had a couple of level 1-2 teleporters in it.
Yufankun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 14:27   Link #68
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yufankun View Post
Most likely teleporting a whole person was out of her league. Kuroko is a level 4 teleporter, and can manage to teleport about 130 kg worth of mass at a distance of up to about 80 metres. Kiyama's network probably only had a couple of level 1-2 teleporters in it.
I'd have to disagree with that. Seeing the strength of the skills Kiyama is doing I'd say she's doing at least lvl4 strength on all skills. The level of the skill depends on the brain and with her network it's not so far fetched if she even reaches lvl5 strength on all the skills she's doing.

The network isn't about the individual level of the LU users. The network helps people perform their skills better.
Old 2009-12-12, 14:35   Link #69
velvet nightmare

syncing the minds increases the power of level 1-2 into a 3-4

if she can make cans explode she is at least level 4 using gravity
Old 2009-12-12, 15:07   Link #70
Yufankun

The network made people better at utilizing their powers because they got support from others with the same powers in it. I believe teleport is a rare ability, so there probably isn't very many teleporters in the network, meaning there could be a limit to how high a level in teleporting she could get.

But honestly, the reason she didn't teleport Mikoto is because it was something the anime just added in. In the manga she doesn't show any indication of even having a teleport, and instead just tossed the can behind mikoto while the former was busy with the cans in the air.

At any rate the difference between a Level 5 and those below is huge.
Yufankun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 15:57   Link #71
velvet nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yufankun View Post
The network made people better at utilizing their powers because they got support from others with the same powers in it. I believe teleport is a rare ability, so there probably isn't very many teleporters in the network, meaning there could be a limit to how high a level in teleporting she could get.

But honestly, the reason she didn't teleport Mikoto is because it was something the anime just added in. In the manga she doesn't show any indication of even having a teleport, and instead just tossed the can behind mikoto while the former was busy with the cans in the air.

At any rate the difference between a Level 5 and those below is huge.
yet there was only one level 4 graviton on record in ALL of academic city and she successfully copied it. rarity and number of users is irrelevant.

if stripper lady just covered herself in asphalt or concrete from the start it would have been over

sure mikoto is supposed to win b/c of plot but on paper kiyama is just too overpowered to lose with her level of intellect
Old 2009-12-12, 18:38   Link #72
durack

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
sure mikoto is supposed to win b/c of plot but on paper kiyama is just too overpowered to lose with her level of intellect
On paper, but in real world she has no "combat experience" either physically or mentally. She is not Accelerator or even Touma, she is a nerd with no social skills who hatched a desperate scheme because of guilt.

Let me put it this way: take 10 computer nerds, give them automatic rifles and put them against 10 special forces soldiers armed with knives, who do you think is going to win?
durack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 19:27   Link #73
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Episode was sickkkkkkkkkkkk.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 20:09   Link #74
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
off-topic
Spoiler for my latest infraction by a troll:

what!?, hello? i was just joking about Touma's love belongs to her, WTF?, why so serious?

btw, back on-topic
& about the experiments & that monster?
those kids, how about their parents!? their family!? are they going to hide that aswell!?

so the level upper experiments are somehow related to the Misaka clone sisters army? & the AIM + that monster is closely related to a certain busty meganekko girl from Index?

a hint on her true self & form perhaps? which is the reason why she said by herself that a "monster" like her shouldn't have any friends in the first place?

Touma sure has an interesting harem there...
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 20:54   Link #75
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Yet there was interesting about him. Very Interesting.....
Spoiler for The credits:
Unfortunately, I don't see you point T.T Are you talking about the 'ki' part of his name thats the same?
Old 2009-12-12, 21:18   Link #76
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDo View Post

Dear my friend~
The thing is similar to Hyouka. Remember her? She was created by converging AIM fields.

Aleister Crowley in the shadows as to not tip off anybody about what is really going on in his city likely denied Harumi Kiyama's request for the Tree Diagram. (In the manga it was a moot point as Index already destroyed the Kaguya satellite. Leaving Level Upper as the only course for Harumi.)

The whole thing with Kiyama's kids is reminicent of Sherry Cromwell's friend Ellis who died because of an experiment. With similar symptom of bleeding. In Ellis case being turned to a magician-esper hybrid.

Yeah Scientists in this city are bastards.

Quote:
off-topic

btw, back on-topic
& about the experiments & that monster?
those kids, how about their parents!? their family!? are they going to hide that aswell!?
Child Errors are abandoned children. The Bastard senior scientist is saying nobody would miss them. Well somebody apparently did!

Quote:
off-topic

so the level upper experiments are somehow related to the Misaka clone sisters army? & the AIM + that monster is closely related to a certain busty meganekko girl from Index?

a hint on her true self & form perhaps? which is the reason why she said by herself that a "monster" like her shouldn't have any friends in the first place?
Hence why the higher ups , Aleister Crowley to be exact, wants to get rid of the data as its too damn close to his main projects in the shadows.

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2009-12-12 at 21:40.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 21:26   Link #77
velvet nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by durack View Post
On paper, but in real world she has no "combat experience" either physically or mentally. She is not Accelerator or even Touma, she is a nerd with no social skills who hatched a desperate scheme because of guilt.

Let me put it this way: take 10 computer nerds, give them automatic rifles and put them against 10 special forces soldiers armed with knives, who do you think is going to win?
except it's 10 nerds who know how to use the guns against only 1 special forces

evil master mind rule #1: make sure you actually killed the person before turning your back. this always happens

Spoiler for manga:
Old 2009-12-12, 21:39   Link #78
BlueDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
The thing is similar to ...
Yeah... I was trying to keep Index-related info out of this thread.
That was more of an exclamation rather than a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Spoiler for ellis:
I guess so, though Kiyama's purpose and resolve was completely different.
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 22:04   Link #79
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
except it's 10 nerds who know how to use the guns against only 1 special forces
The point still stands though, do you think he would have lost?

Quote:
evil master mind rule #1: make sure you actually killed the person before turning your back. this always happens
She didn't intend to kill her in the first place; Yeah I know, big explosions- But she probably thought a Level 5 should be able to handle it.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 22:31   Link #80
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by durack View Post

And you're implying that somehow... Misaka, who is a middle schooler, merits enough combat experience to offset Kiyama's advantage? Speaking of Accelerator all that guy ever did was rely on his broken ability. Combat experience? He lost to Touma who is also a middle schooler. =/

It's as velvet nightmare said, Misaka won because of plot.

And this one nerd just massacred a whole bunch of trained "anti-skills."