Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-03-25, 05:19   Link #1181
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
And people are complaining about it now? Dozens of MS have big long boner looking areas. What's different about a pilot suit this time?
Because it's a pilot, that's why. Do you like human body with the same style as ZoE mech design proportion, or Katoki Hajime's style? Something just should be kept in the realm of mecha only.
Frankly, the only thing looks bad in my eyes is the crotch part, and it's almost destroying the whole nice design of the suit. It's awkward and unconformable looking.

And I've been complaining about their design for a while.
Old 2012-03-25, 09:13   Link #1182
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Because it's a pilot, that's why. Do you like human body with the same style as ZoE mech design proportion, or Katoki Hajime's style? Something just should be kept in the realm of mecha only.
Frankly, the only thing looks bad in my eyes is the crotch part, and it's almost destroying the whole nice design of the suit. It's awkward and unconformable looking.

And I've been complaining about their design for a while.
better to leave some room for the junk, i find the suit design ugly, but practical (minus the helmet) how sweaty do you think the characters get? i bet the room down there would be quite comforting compared to the skin-tight normal suits everyone else wears!
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 16:54   Link #1183
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Are the Age-3 scans not completely showing everything, or is the Age-2 conspicuously missing from them even though the Age-1 is there? Is Asem going to have a special night with Romari and then disappear?

Seems like a pretty fitting conclusion to this arc, especially if he does develop into a real game-breaker without the need for special hax.
Well, its seems to be a magazine release for the newer linearts. AGE-3 Normal's lineart was recently released online so far and this would be one of its earliest print appearances. The same can be said about the AGE-1 Flat and the Zedas M , except for the latter this is the first lineart I've seen of it period.

All three are recent lienart releases, while the AGE-2 Normal isn't a new mech or mech variant with a recent lineart release, so no reason to put it there.
Old 2012-03-25, 23:11   Link #1184
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

The Vegan suits never bothered me tbh. I also think that the general look including the lower part makes it look more like a more alienized version of some royalty fashion in the 15th century, and I think it fits with their aesthetics and what not.

Hmm, reading the spoilers for the upcoming episodes, it seems like the 2nd Gen is going to hit it's climax on episode 28 with the invasion on Earth and Flit's apparent last stand. That would imply that the majority of the time for the show would be given to Kio then ...
Old 2012-03-26, 01:34   Link #1185
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Hmm, reading the spoilers for the upcoming episodes, it seems like the 2nd Gen is going to hit it's climax on episode 28 with the invasion on Earth and Flit's apparent last stand. That would imply that the majority of the time for the show would be given to Kio then ...
I don't care as long as the story stays good and we get a decent conclusion.

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 08:21   Link #1186
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
The Vegan suits never bothered me tbh. I also think that the general look including the lower part makes it look more like a more alienized version of some royalty fashion in the 15th century, and I think it fits with their aesthetics and what not.

Unless the show ends earlier than 50 episodes that is.
Old 2012-03-26, 10:30   Link #1187
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloko vi Britannia View Post
I don't care as long as the story stays good and we get a decent conclusion.
Well, I'm making more of a general observation than anything, since we used to speculate about how the show was going to be split between each generation. From the looks of it, Kio will get the lion's share of screen time since Asem's arc will be done by episode 30 going by the previews for episodes 27-28, leaving the 3rd gen with 20 episodes to work with. I of course want the show to remain good (a concern I no longer have since whatever worry I had at the start when I heard about Level-5's involvement had long since been buried) but I do wonder is they couldn't have made each arc be 20 episodes would've made things a bit more relaxed and given them a bit more time to work evenly on each story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Unless the show ends earlier than 50 episodes that is.
Shhhhh, don't G-NX it

I'm pretty sure they mentioned that this show would run for a full year (so 50 episodes) before the airing, and I don't Bandai/Sunrise is inclined to change that. I could be misremembering though ...
Old 2012-03-26, 10:54   Link #1188
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Did it mention anywhere that Asemu is going to be MIA? I don't know why but I keep seeing people mention that on 4chan.
Old 2012-03-26, 11:11   Link #1189
kakakka

^A member here mentioned it was all the talk from 2chan (maybe meant as 2ch?)

Quote:
Well, I'm making more of a general observation than anything, since we used to speculate about how the show was going to be split between each generation. From the looks of it, Kio will get the lion's share of screen time since Asem's arc will be done by episode 30 going by the previews for episodes 27-28, leaving the 3rd gen with 20 episodes to work with. I of course want the show to remain good (a concern I no longer have since whatever worry I had at the start when I heard about Level-5's involvement had long since been buried) but I do wonder is they couldn't have made each arc be 20 episodes would've made things a bit more relaxed and given them a bit more time to work evenly on each story.
I am thinking, if the protags from the previous generations will still be present, the staff will need room to work closing their story, aside from Kio, in third generation (Their contribution to the series end is something to see, if that does happen). Not only that, there are probably more revelations in it than the previous two gen.

I just hope it doesn't end up too spread out or too cramp like what I perceived happened with Seed Destiny.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 11:22   Link #1190
casval cehack

Quote:
Did it mention anywhere that Asemu is going to be MIA? I don't know why but I keep seeing people mention that on 4chan.
Probably after a colony drop battle, from this post ->http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...77#post4067377
Old 2012-03-26, 11:40   Link #1191
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I guess Kio's gen will be all about understanding.

...in Nanoha style, I hope.
Old 2012-03-26, 11:59   Link #1192
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Yeah, I think that 28 sort of hints that Asem disappears or something. Probably while holding Char's Zehearts cockpit and trying to stop a colony drop from hitting the earth with some Vegan and Federation MS support ...

wait-
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
I am thinking, if the protags from the previous generations will still be present, the staff will need room to work closing their story, aside from Kio, in third generation (Their contribution to the series end is something to see, if that does happen). Not only that, there are probably more revelations in it than the previous two gen.

I just hope it doesn't end up too spread out or too cramp like what I perceived happened with Seed Destiny.
Yeah, that could be it. I guess with three protagonists in play, it's best to give that act as much time as they can.

I don't worry about it ending up like GSD, since that show had clear signs that it suffered from numerous re-writes and overall poor planning, which doesn't seem like a problem here (though it might end up being an issue if the deuteragonist ends up staging your protagonist a lot of the time, like how it's turning out with Flit and Asem at the moment)
Quote:
I guess Kio's gen will be all about understanding.

...in Nanoha style, I hope.
Understanding through superior fire power!

Kio: ''Don't worry about the big gun guys. I'm actually a pacifist, the MS is there just to get you guys to be peaceful too ''
Old 2012-03-26, 12:59   Link #1193
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
To me the Vagan crotch suits are akin to the Turn A Gundam's cockpit being quite literal.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 17:58   Link #1194
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
To me the Vagan crotch suits are akin to the Turn A Gundam's cockpit being quite literal.
Don't forget the GN-X
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 20:02   Link #1195
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

You know, Flit mentioned is already been 27 years since Ambat, I wonder if it means that we've entered AG 142 already?
Old 2012-03-26, 20:22   Link #1196
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Makes sense. The Vegan's are trying to get back at the Federation for being assholes and leaving them on Mars by emphasizing they are giant dicks and hitting them where it would hurt the most.

Suddenly, this show isn't as family friendly as it used to be ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
You know, Flit mentioned is already been 27 years since Ambat, I wonder if it means that we've entered AG 142 already?
Yeah, it's been mentioned before that Generation two pretty much covered two years of in story time in the span of 3 episodes @_@ 16 was AG 140, 25 years after Flit's arc (Asem just turned 16 in that episode as well) and by 17, we had already skipped the majority of AG 141 and we were probably at early AG 142 in episode 18. 19 was Asem's enlistment into the military at the age of 18 (according to the official website).

Three times as fast, indeed ...
Old 2012-03-26, 21:48   Link #1197
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being certain death and 10 being survival, how likely do you guys think these characters are to make it to gen 3?

1) Flit
2) Woolf
3) Milais
4) Asemu
5) Decil
6) Daz
7) Algreus (sp? he's flit's subordinate)
8) Arisa
9) Max Hartway
10) Zeheart
11) Obright
12) Mink, the one and only female Vagan ever.
Old 2012-03-26, 23:24   Link #1198
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Flit is confirmed to be present in all 3 generations.

On the other hand, Obright has so many death flags around him it's almost funny.
Old 2012-03-27, 01:21   Link #1199
cyberdemon

Quote:
Flit is confirmed to be present in all 3 generations.

On the other hand, Obright has so many death flags around him it's almost funny.
yeah and considering Kio is confirmed as Asemu's son meaning he still has several years let to live and he looks like Romary, Zeheart isn't looking too good either unless Romary's "feelings" for Zeheart up to now were just a troll and she had another reason for wanting to see him.
Old 2012-03-27, 02:19   Link #1200
Phantom Pain

Spoiler for Age-2 3rd Wear?:
Phantom Pain is offline   Reply With Quote