AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-29, 18:46   Link #21021
Impassive Harlequin
a casual observer
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Right there *points*
@gene0898
It was in volume 5, the house now has 4 floors up, 3 floors underground, a king sized bed, a bath, training areas, has a large flatscreen tv and advanced gaming consoles.... so far all the girls have moved in... Rias and asia are always sleeping with him, the others randomly sneak in at times

Edit: Seems like i replied waaay to late
__________________
"If you can't say you love the things you love, then is it not the world that's wrong!?"
- quote from haganai
"Let me show you, the moment when reality is changed"
-Denpa Kyoushi
For questions and summaries of Highschool DxD, please refer to the social group and make sure to join to access it

Social Group Link
Question and answer by zzhk
Impassive Harlequin is offline  
Old 2012-03-29, 18:48   Link #21022
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
AznSamsung @ That's why I say *and I put her here because she cock block to many time*If not I would put Asia in the 3 place XD
Soji is offline  
Old 2012-03-29, 18:49   Link #21023
n0m@n
Disgusting OTAKU
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Lol. Looks like everyone wants demotion for Asia. And making Akeno take the 2nd position.


Now about the Queen.
We hear countless times that Queen is someone very crucial and important for Kings that they usually have the Queen follow them. Well they are 2nd in command afterall. So Ise choosing one of the girls that he knows seems unlikely. Even if he don't get other servants, having 1 partner(Queen) seems good. Or in other words Queen-candidate.

I just reread "Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu" again, and the RynerXFerris pair made me wanting a pair like that. But not as a love-interest but as a good partner/comrade for Ise for combat(Though other girls get the wrong idea). Though Ophis will be too powerful. Since Queen has all traits of Rook, Knight and Bishop, having all-rounder type is ideal. Well this is just my personal bias though.
n0m@n is offline  
Old 2012-03-29, 18:52   Link #21024
AznSamsung
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brampton
Age: 25
it should rias ... unless akeno get the spot .... but i believe akeno will be a bishop .... making asia a pawn ... (the reason is she has no fighting ability a pawn slot is worth it compare to a bishop where ravel can fight for him)
AznSamsung is offline  
Old 2012-03-29, 18:55   Link #21025
Nightmare637
Who knows?
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: St.Peters,MO
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznSamsung View Post
it should rias ... unless akeno get the spot .... but i believe akeno will be a bishop .... making asia a pawn ... (the reason is she has no fighting ability a pawn slot is worth it compare to a bishop where ravel can fight for him)
Bishops aren't really fighters there support charactors and asia would be a useless pawn(he'd basically be throwing a piece away)

n0m@n@ i actually think the queen should be a love interest(like siechs and grayfia)

say ophis because she'll be REALLY weak when she joins him plus i whant her to be a piece that will protect him(her first friend and love interest) and help him achieve his dream of having a harem that won't lose in the rating game.
__________________
"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." --George Patton
Nightmare637 is offline  
Old 2012-03-29, 19:01   Link #21026
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznSamsung View Post
it should rias ... unless akeno get the spot .... but i believe akeno will be a bishop .... making asia a pawn ... (the reason is she has no fighting ability a pawn slot is worth it compare to a bishop where ravel can fight for him)
u cant shuffle pieces like that.

a person's worth is determined by the amount of pieces you require.

Akeno is already at queen worth... and probably higher now if u were to pull her from scratch.
Queen is worth 9 pawns... meaning the only way u could pull akeno as a non queen is 2 rooks.

Asia is worth a bishop because of her twilight healing.
You cant demote her down unless u sacrifice at least 3 pawns.
And asia would be kinda pointless as a pawn because she probably can never make it to the enemies territory and use promotion.

I have a sick feeling if ise becomes king, the queen spot will probably be opfus, but she will be a hidden card.
She will probably wear a power ranger outfit / mahou shojou uniform and no one will know her identity... she will just be OP, and never be used until the last card needs to be pulled.
aigomorla is offline  
Old 2012-03-29, 19:09   Link #21027
Impassive Harlequin
a casual observer
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Right there *points*
^ If ophis/opfus wore a power ranger suit, the only one that she might be able to trick is Rias....



I guess the only other piece you can make Asia into is a Knight... but she'll probably trip and fall.... For Ise's queen, there's still tiamat availabe (though she hasn't shown up yet)

That reminds me, in any of the other SS, does Ise ever actually get a familiar?
__________________
"If you can't say you love the things you love, then is it not the world that's wrong!?"
- quote from haganai
"Let me show you, the moment when reality is changed"
-Denpa Kyoushi
For questions and summaries of Highschool DxD, please refer to the social group and make sure to join to access it

Social Group Link
Question and answer by zzhk
Impassive Harlequin is offline  
Old 2012-03-29, 19:13   Link #21028
n0m@n
Disgusting OTAKU
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
When DxD gets into Arc 4, we should expect new characters lol. It could be allies, it could be enemies or it could be both. I actualy wish we get to know who's the second strongest in DxD world since Cao Cao was saying that the gap between Ophis and 2nd strongest is huge so Cao Cao knows who it is.
n0m@n is offline  
Old 2012-03-29, 19:13   Link #21029
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
n0m@n@ i actually think the queen should be a love interest(like siechs and grayfia)

say ophis because she'll be REALLY weak when she joins him plus i whant her to be a piece that will protect him(her first friend and love interest) and help him achieve his dream of having a harem that won't lose in the rating game.
The only way and if she lost even more power(and I mean a really mean it) when she bring back /help ise to come back. But for love interest she need a better body(more grow up). But,i admit..if she does lose more power i wont mind her a Ise queen.

n0m@n @ That's true. Still I dont want the harem or main cast become to big. That would be bad for the story. That's why ,I say other ophis and maybe another one. we no need more characters in the main group.
Soji is offline  
Old 2012-03-29, 19:14   Link #21030
Nightmare637
Who knows?
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: St.Peters,MO
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impassive Harlequin View Post
^ If ophis/opfus wore a power ranger suit, the only one that she might be able to trick is Rias....



I guess the only other piece you can make Asia into is a Knight... but she'll probably trip and fall.... For Ise's queen, there's still tiamat availabe

That reminds me, in any of the other SS, does Ise ever actually get a familiar?
you can't make her a knight either since a persons piece is depedent on their latent potentialsince she became a bishop instead of a rook because of her potential for magic.

And i see Tiamat as more of his familiar or 8 pawns(or switch those between a chibi draig)

Soji@ i think ophis can change her form at will so she could easily change to a older body.

and i think it's almost guarenteed she'll lose a LOT of power resurrecting issei.
__________________
"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." --George Patton
Nightmare637 is offline  
Old 2012-03-29, 19:16   Link #21031
zzhk
Summary Machine
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
By the way, even if Ise, Kiba and Akeno are all promoted to high class, they don't have to start their own groups immediately.

Besides, even if they have their own group, they are still obliged to fight as Rias' servants (unless Rias trades them away) so Rias' Rating Game strength is unaffected by their promotions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare637 View Post
you can't make her a knight either since a persons piece is depedent on their latent potentialsince she became a bishop instead of a rook because of her potential for magic.
Actually, you can use any piece on anyone as long as the consumption matches. Rias once explained that usually you want to amplify strengths, but there are less conventional uses such as to fill in weaknesses. (i.e. use a Knight to give speed to someone strong, or use a Rook to make a caster more durable.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impassive Harlequin View Post
That reminds me, in any of the other SS, does Ise ever actually get a familiar?
In Volume 7 when they skip school to deal with Loki, it is mentioned that familiars were sent to take their places in school. So if Ise still doesn't have a familiar, then someone had to send a familiar for him.
__________________
Light Novel Translations
C3 - Cube x Cursed x Curious
Chronicle Legion
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline  
Old 2012-03-29, 19:17   Link #21032
n0m@n
Disgusting OTAKU
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
@Soji
Don't worry. Rias's group is already completed. So we can just get support characters like Irina and Ravel. Azazel is a MC in a "different way" so I love his character. We get the World's view from his view so we get lots of information about the setting.
n0m@n is offline  
Old 2012-03-29, 19:19   Link #21033
Impassive Harlequin
a casual observer
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Right there *points*
@Nightmare
It's actually possible since reincarnation is just dependent on value... potential, skills and talent only affect how much value you have

since Knight and Bishop both have the value of 3, they can be used interchangeably as long as the person being reincarnated is also worth a value of 3

Edit: zz answered first

@n0m@n
Was it ever explained in the SS the restrictions in making something into a familiar?
Seeing as it was suggested that it's possible to make a dragon king like Tiamat into a familiar, does that mean you can also make something like Ophis into a familiar?
__________________
"If you can't say you love the things you love, then is it not the world that's wrong!?"
- quote from haganai
"Let me show you, the moment when reality is changed"
-Denpa Kyoushi
For questions and summaries of Highschool DxD, please refer to the social group and make sure to join to access it

Social Group Link
Question and answer by zzhk
Impassive Harlequin is offline  
Old 2012-03-29, 19:19   Link #21034
Nightmare637
Who knows?
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: St.Peters,MO
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
By the way, even if Ise, Kiba and Akeno are all promoted to high class, they don't have to start their own groups immediately.

Besides, even if they have their own group, they are still obliged to fight as Rias' servants (unless Rias trades them away) so Rias' Rating Game strength is unaffected by their promotions.

Actually, you can use any piece on anyone as long as the consumption matches. Rias once explained that usually you want to amplify strengths, but there are less conventional uses such as to fill in weaknesses. (i.e. use a Knight to give speed to someone strong, or use a Rook to make a caster more durable.)
I agree if he's still her pawn after losing his pieces(or if he gets them back/they make an exception) thats really the only problem.

oh i diden't know this but still Asia doesen't have any of the skills to be a knight so making her a knight would be the same as throwing away pieces
__________________
"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." --George Patton
Nightmare637 is offline  
Old 2012-03-29, 19:21   Link #21035
bones
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
u cant shuffle pieces like that.

a person's worth is determined by the amount of pieces you require.

Akeno is already at queen worth... and probably higher now if u were to pull her from scratch.
Queen is worth 9 pawns... meaning the only way u could pull akeno as a non queen is 2 rooks.

Asia is worth a bishop because of her twilight healing.
You cant demote her down unless u sacrifice at least 3 pawns.
And asia would be kinda pointless as a pawn because she probably can never make it to the enemies territory and use promotion.

I have a sick feeling if ise becomes king, the queen spot will probably be opfus, but she will be a hidden card.
She will probably wear a power ranger outfit / mahou shojou uniform and no one will know her identity... she will just be OP, and never be used until the last card needs to be pulled.
Been a while since I've posted here, too busy playing Mass Effect 3. About the whole Evil Pieces thing, does the pieces you use and the amount used differ from person to person. For example the more powerful you are the amount and type of pieces needed differs?
bones is offline  
Old 2012-03-29, 19:22   Link #21036
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Nightmare637 @ Agree on ophis.
Yeah,that's the true problem here.I dont think the author would do a stupid move like not make Ise Rias pawn anymore. I mean Ise being her pawn is one of the key factor of this story. Is like if you take away Ise BG or being a pervert or being a devil. Being her pawn is something that make Ise /ise. (other that most of his battle style come from the pawn piece).
Soji is offline  
Old 2012-03-29, 19:32   Link #21037
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
Been a while since I've posted here, too busy playing Mass Effect 3. About the whole Evil Pieces thing, does the pieces you use and the amount used differ from person to person. For example the more powerful you are the amount and type of pieces needed differs?
yes.

This is why ise is worth 8 pawns.
The dragon inside him has that much worth.

And your not allowed to use a combo of different pieces like rook + knight.
You can use double rooks, which turns out to be the most expensive piece.

Pawn = 1
Knight + Bishop = 3
Rook = 5
Queen = 9

Ise needs a super fast rook, that way the rook can penitrate defenses and go straight to the king.
then use Castle, to swap possitions of king and rook.
Then Ise can beat the hell out of the king.

And the rook is allowed to trade places with the king as per Rias's introduction in vol.2
aigomorla is offline  
Old 2012-03-29, 19:34   Link #21038
n0m@n
Disgusting OTAKU
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impassive Harlequin View Post
@Nightmare
It's actually possible since reincarnation is just dependent on value... potential, skills and talent only affect how much value you have

since Knight and Bishop both have the value of 3, they can be used interchangeably as long as the person being reincarnated is also worth a value of 3

Edit: zz answered first

@n0m@n
Was it ever explained in the SS the restrictions in making something into a familiar?
Seeing as it was suggested that it's possible to make a dragon king like Tiamat into a familiar, does that mean you can also make something like Ophis into a familiar?
Well for making a creature your famaliar, you just need to make a pact just like in SS or episode 8(?). Though I'm sure a superior being becoming a famaliar is never heard of. But it doesnt mean its impossible.


I'll be back in couple of hours. Bye.
n0m@n is offline  
Old 2012-03-29, 19:40   Link #21039
Impassive Harlequin
a casual observer
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Right there *points*
^thanks for the answer n0m

well if a contract is the only thing needed and superior beings are allowed.... Ophis can become Ise's familiar, that way she wont have to be significantly powered down to become one of his pieces and be able to join his harem (thought that would cause too many problems...)
__________________
"If you can't say you love the things you love, then is it not the world that's wrong!?"
- quote from haganai
"Let me show you, the moment when reality is changed"
-Denpa Kyoushi
For questions and summaries of Highschool DxD, please refer to the social group and make sure to join to access it

Social Group Link
Question and answer by zzhk
Impassive Harlequin is offline  
Old 2012-03-29, 19:43   Link #21040
Gene098
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare637 View Post
the first one was me and sorry i forgot about that.( so she can fight )

the second one if he saves the underworld even if the reason you say would be thrown out the window since they ow him big time for saving them so i doubt they'll hold back the promotion any longer.

For number 3 theres also potentially koneko
and were talking about the RG not all the time that would be impossible(for the RG they'll probably make an exception for him since he saved them all)
so her pawns would be useless
I don't understand what you gys are saying "potentially" leaving.
You said Asia, Zenovia, and Koneko have the potential to leave Rias' group.
But to me they seem like the least likely to leave the group, so I'm not getting what you guys mean by "potentially leaving"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Nightmare637 @ That's true. But ,honestly even if free agent I'm still want him back a Rias pawn. Maybe is just me.....but I will be dissapoint if he dont come back to being her pawn this is a key part of the story.And Ise want this he want being her ultimate pawn. Plus without Ise she cant have other pawn. She already use the 8 pawn.XD
What do you mean she already used her 8 pawns?
If the person who held the piece dies, they are reusable right? So what do you mean she already used her pawns?
Gene098 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, devil, ecchi, fetish, harem, nudity, oppai, romance, school life, shounen, supernatural

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.