AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-04, 20:08   Link #161
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I'm sure the DNC is turning out better than the RNC so far. And also, we don't expect anyone throwing their nuts at a black camerawoman and saying "this is how we feed animals". Bonus points.
Old 2012-09-04, 20:11   Link #162
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The independent governor's speech highlighted one of my major problems with the current "Republican Party": they no longer have a meaningful attachment to the word "conservative" in the historical sense.

See Teddy Roosevelt, Eisenhower, Goldwater, heck even Reagan for historical details if memory or education jogs are needed

They're also hitting hard on the rampant misogyny the GOP convention and the lead-up incidents presented us with.
Old 2012-09-04, 20:22   Link #163
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The independent governor's speech highlighted one of my major problems with the current "Republican Party": they no longer have a meaningful attachment to the word "conservative" in the historical sense.

See Teddy Roosevelt, Eisenhower, Goldwater, heck even Reagan for historical details if memory or education jogs are needed

They're also hitting hard on the rampant misogyny the GOP convention and the lead-up incidents presented us with.

So many current GOP supporters love Reagan, but Reagan must be spinning in his grave right now. At about 1,000 RPM, too.
Old 2012-09-04, 20:31   Link #164
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
So many current GOP supporters love Reagan, but Reagan must be spinning in his grave right now. At about 1,000 RPM, too.
They do not love him, but a image of him than they made themself, the one than endded the Cold War.
Old 2012-09-04, 20:39   Link #165
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

If you gave a pop quiz on Reagan to the average GOP supporter, most of them would fail it. It is a good short story on how "histo-myths" like Robin Hood, King Arthur, or even certain religious leaders happen but we've watched it happen WITHIN ONE HUMAN LIFESPAN. Imagine that... that's what misinformation blasted at an under-informed electorate accomplishes.

Lily Ledbetter is knocking a few home runs in her speech - concise and to the point of exactly what the misogyny of the right costs. "Equal pay for equal work" should be obviously to anyone but a vicious idiot.... hmmmm.
Old 2012-09-04, 22:13   Link #166
james0246

Turned on Fox after Michele Obama's speech and the bottom crawl featured the current Republican talking point of the growing debt.Truly a wondetful bit of subliminal propoganda.

That being said, what a great fairly nonpartisian speech. Great presentation and body language with a near perfect oration and remarkably well crafted. From a purely technical standpoint, with theme and narrative well presented, this was a pitch perfect opening night.
Old 2012-09-04, 22:24   Link #167
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
I tell yall this, you can tell a difference between a RNC and DNC?

Tonight, most of the speakers knock it out of the box with Mr. Patrick and Mr Castro, and Mr Strictland did awesome (Mr. Patrick is going to get alot of love in the next 4 years)
Old 2012-09-04, 22:24   Link #168
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Was this ad made by 9th graders? Seriously. And of course, Obama isn't forcing gay marriage onto any states.
Old 2012-09-04, 22:37   Link #169
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:

Was this ad made by 9th graders? Seriously. And of course, Obama isn't forcing gay marriage onto any states.
I think you should have put this on Laugh a day thread. No way that was meant to be taken seriously.
Old 2012-09-04, 22:42   Link #170
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
I think you should have put this on Laugh a day thread. No way that was meant to be taken seriously.
I re-watched it. You know, I just don't know with the GOP and many of the GOP supporters. It could be a real ad.
Old 2012-09-04, 23:01   Link #171
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
I re-watched it. You know, I just don't know with the GOP and many of the GOP supporters. It could be a real ad.
Its a real ad, sadly.
Old 2012-09-04, 23:10   Link #172
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Turned on Fox after Michele Obama's speech and the bottom crawl featured the current Republican talking point of the growing debt.Truly a wondetful bit of subliminal propoganda.

That being said, what a great fairly nonpartisian speech. Great presentation and body language with a near perfect oration and remarkably well crafted. From a purely technical standpoint, with theme and narrative well presented, this was a pitch perfect opening night.
I think its funny that the GOP thinks that "growing debt" is a "win point" for them since they were the major contributor to the current debt pile. Obviously counting on the "underinformed voter".

And yes, the anti-gay bloc really is that stupid
Old 2012-09-05, 00:00   Link #173
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Yep, the DNC was really good(I didn't see the RNC that much). Esp Michelle's speech. You could really feel the emotions in her speech. If her intentions were to reach the audience that she sympathizes with them, she did an outstanding job doing it. Too bad that I was at work and didn't see much of it, but I did catch O'Malley's and Castro's speechs, and those had a strong message as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Indeed. It sure made me laugh !

Old 2012-09-05, 01:59   Link #174
Theo

Goddamn, I love you Ted Strickland, whoever you are, you crazyman. You laid the PRO-PAIN on Romney.
Old 2012-09-05, 09:55   Link #175
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Factcheck.org is hard at work

http://factcheck.org/2012/08/republi...ds-from-tampa/

http://factcheck.org/2012/09/democra...rom-charlotte/
Old 2012-09-05, 20:11   Link #176
flying ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
What's the sense of encouraging your party members to vote if they are disenfranchised wholesale in the first place?

... what a cop out excuse.

You, as a democrat foot soulja, should know there's a lot of disillusioned 0bama voters and this shouldnt be overlooked, discounted and under appreciated. Srsly... pray for 0bama Psalm 109:8 that his friday prayers speech will translate to more motivated voters.

Meanwhile on the gop front... Mittey may not be the top AAA top choice but the deeply committed would be rejoiced to see the eviction day come january
Old 2012-09-05, 20:16   Link #177
flying ^

Heads up!

Check out huffpo front top pg... RIGHT NOW

Gotta love the sudden tweaks made by those d-crats
Old 2012-09-05, 20:20   Link #178
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post
there's a lot of disillusioned 0bama voters
There's a lot of disillusioned republicans who are wondering what the hell happened to their party that's forcing them to vote democrat instead. Maybe you should look into that?

Quote:
Meanwhile on the gop front... Mittey may not be the top AAA top choice but the deeply committed would be rejoiced to see the eviction day come january
Is "deeply committed" GOP slang for those who drank the kool-aid? Or those who donated a million dollars to the campaign and didn't blink?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post
Check out huffpo front top pg... RIGHT NOW
Stop being lazy and actually add something. Stop telling people to go somewhere to read something and not even providing a link.
Old 2012-09-05, 20:28   Link #179
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I can play this game...

Quote:
Let's recall last week, when the RNC PUSHED THROUGH a BINDING CHANGE IN THE RULES that makes it impossible for splinter groups in the Party (read this as Ron Paul's libertarian following) to EVER get its candidate's name in nomination. Far more serious and LOUDLY OBJECTED TO and GAVELED DOWN BY JOHN BOEHNER HIMSELF.
So... the DNC waffles in the face of the Israel lobby and a few leaders who wring their hands over being labeld "non-christian". No news here, though I'll admit the DNC should be take some heat for that bit of "non-inclusiveness".
Old 2012-09-05, 20:40   Link #180
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I can play this game...

So... the DNC waffles in the face of the Israel lobby and a few leaders who wring their hands over being labeld "non-christian". No news here, though I'll admit the DNC should be take some heat for that bit of "non-inclusiveness".

Okay, that thing from the RNC is far worse than the thing that happened at the DNC. They want to try and stamp out potential nominees from splinter groups? This is just the GOP doing more to try to secure the kind of power they want. They lust for power. They are obsessed with it. You can't say they aren't when they've spent all of Obama's first term trying to make him a one term president, all to the disadvantage of America.

Now unfortunately, the Romney campaign will use that thing from the DNC in attack ads.