AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2006-07-26, 15:34   Link #81
BluWacky
尻の竜

So instead of literally being "Holy Genesis of Aquarion" it's "Genesis Star of Aquarion"? It's still "sousei", though.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-26, 15:46   Link #82
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
They changed just one character.

So, instead of のアクエリオン ("Holy Genesis of Aquarion"), it is now のアクエリオン ("Star Genesis of Aquarion"). And the 裏切りの翼 (Wings of Betrayal) subtitle.

PS: Thanks, KBTKaiser! 8)

Last edited by MrProphet; 2006-07-26 at 17:39.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-26, 17:17   Link #83
KBTKaiser

*reverses Mrprophet's parentheses* Now you're correct. >>;
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 09:56   Link #84
MagikalFly

Anyone have any news regarding the new season? The last thing I heard about it was that it was coming fall 2006 and..I believe the fall season has come.
MagikalFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 17:41   Link #85
kauldron26
Med Student

this anime might not have been a masterpiece, but damn was this fun as hell
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 18:21   Link #86
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
I hope it's not a prequel. I hate prequels
if there is truly a god this wont be a prequel like mentioned above i hate them. I hope its either a serious retelling or a follow up to Apollo's and Silvie's story
Old 2006-12-10, 14:07   Link #87
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagikalFly View Post
Anyone have any news regarding the new season? The last thing I heard about it was that it was coming fall 2006 and..I believe the fall season has come.
I think it's been confirmed somewhere else that it's just an OVA after all, but still no news.

Satelight do have a new mecha series airing next year, but Kawamori's only doing designs for it; the characters look quite similar to the Aquarion lot, but with the director of the Seikai series behind it it might be a bit more serious.

THen again, he DID do Godannar...
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 15:20   Link #88
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluWacky View Post
I think it's been confirmed somewhere else that it's just an OVA after all, but still no news.

Satelight do have a new mecha series airing next year, but Kawamori's only doing designs for it; the characters look quite similar to the Aquarion lot, but with the director of the Seikai series behind it it might be a bit more serious.

THen again, he DID do Godannar...
Today it has been officially confirmed that the next Aquarion will be indeed an OVA to be released on summer 2007, likely July.

The working title for the OVA still is "Uragiri no Tsubasa"

The official website uploaded preview screenshot pics of the OVA.
http://www.aquarion.info/news/
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 15:37   Link #89
Mangaka-chan

Hmm, I wonder what the description on the front page says (the stuff right above the screen shots)... And is it me or does the art look slightly different?
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 23:32   Link #90
MeggieMay

Since I'm not sure where I should post this I'll do so it here

Sousei No Aquarion (the series) has been licenced by Funimation under the name Aquarion http://funimation.com/aquarion/

The OVA isn't mentioned as licences, however.
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 00:34   Link #91
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Oh, that's good news. The West needs some of that mecha crack. 8)
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 00:55   Link #92
wao
OK.

I'm just going to sit here and wait while 20492 reviewers call this trite, pathetic, an Eva ripoff, uninspired and completely cliche and so bad it's unbeliveable...

While the fact that it's supposed to be a tongue-in-cheek parody sort of show flies completely over their head. (I've seen it happen enough... surprisingly.)

Am anticipating to see how over-the-top Kawamori and co. go with the OVA.
Old 2007-01-25, 01:37   Link #93
kauldron26
Med Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
I'm just going to sit here and wait while 20492 reviewers call this trite, pathetic, an Eva ripoff, uninspired and completely cliche and so bad it's unbeliveable...

While the fact that it's supposed to be a tongue-in-cheek parody sort of show flies completely over their head. (I've seen it happen enough... surprisingly.)

lmao.... u are so right... the humor is the best thing about the show...
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 01:42   Link #94
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Considering that 75% of the fans on AnimeSuki thought those things about Sousei no Aquarion, I don't expect any better from the mass audience. Most people just don't get Aquarion. Sad, but true. Clever parody can be hard to understand.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 01:53   Link #95
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Having not yet seen Aquarion I don't know. What I have noticed though is that a staggering portion of people can't see past the topmost layer of most forms of media and anything subtle or symbolic gets ignored or filtered out somehow.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 02:03   Link #96
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

The thing about Aquarion is unlike obvious stuff like Yakitate/Keroro/Gintama, Aquarion draws itself as a form of subtle, yet obvious to those who knows their SUPA~ parody to the old-school super robots. If anime like GaoGaiGar shows the the over-the-topness in a traditional, hot-blooded manner (( GUTS > PROBABILITY )), then Aquarion takes those aspects and..."alter?" it? Orgasms. :>

@ Kaoshin Let's be somewhat fair. Aquarion is a parody of the 70s/80s super robot, less of the slightly more believable and less cheesy 90s one. . How many people even watch those stuff? The old days where gattai-sequences were like a ritual where people stopped to see it fusioned, ROCKET PUNCH!!, and hot-bloodedness is already diminishing, even if 2007 sounds like a great mecha year. Even Ryoma Nagare gets a mock-shift parody in the form of soccer player, Pierre who actually gets to utilize his soccer skills while piloting, unlike Getter.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 02:34   Link #97
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
I recommended this anime to two friends, one loved it to bits, one thought it was totally lame. Those who can't see that this is paraody won't enjoy this one bit, but those who do... They get the ride of the year.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 03:00   Link #98
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
The thing about Aquarion is unlike obvious stuff like Yakitate/Keroro/Gintama, Aquarion draws itself as a form of subtle, yet obvious to those who knows their SUPA~ parody to the old-school super robots. If anime like GaoGaiGar shows the the over-the-topness in a traditional, hot-blooded manner (( GUTS > PROBABILITY )), then Aquarion takes those aspects and..."alter?" it? Orgasms. :>

@ Kaoshin Let's be somewhat fair. Aquarion is a parody of the 70s/80s super robot, less of the slightly more believable and less cheesy 90s one. . How many people even watch those stuff? The old days where gattai-sequences were like a ritual where people stopped to see it fusioned, ROCKET PUNCH!!, and hot-bloodedness is already diminishing, even if 2007 sounds like a great mecha year. Even Ryoma Nagare gets a mock-shift parody in the form of soccer player, Pierre who actually gets to utilize his soccer skills while piloting, unlike Getter.
That is...awesome, I want to see this and laugh at myself a bit. I need a good ribbing. By the way that's about the 20th time I think you've used Kaoshin instead of Kaioshin. I think Kaoshin is a non existent term.

Ultimately you are right you could never blame anybody for not liking it if they've never seen a Super Robot Series (like Voltes V or Getter Robo). It would strike any newcomer to the genre as somewhat awkard at best.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 03:14   Link #99
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
That is...awesome, I want to see this and laugh at myself a bit. I need a good ribbing. By the way that's about the 20th time I think you've used Kaoshin instead of Kaioshin. I think Kaoshin is a non existent term.

Ultimately you could never blame anybody for not liking it if they've never seen a Super Robot Series (like Voltes V or Getter Robo). It would strike any newcomer to the genre as somewhat awkard at best.
I apologize deeply for all my mistakes then, Kaioshin_Sama. I normally type usernames by the whim, and I rarely do spelling/grammar rechecks, so that problem does ensue.

Oh, and for the Hirai/Fafner/marred thing, sorry about that as well. I don't really want to put it there so here it goes.I know it's my own opinion, but Fafner's character designs for all it's worth, does help in the visual representation of the entire story better. I mean, it does revolve around a lot of emo (( which fully utilizes Hirai's character facials )) and catering to fujoshis as well with the 2 main characters. (( ARGH!!! Fanfiction.net needs to have less yaoi fanfics on them!!! ))

The thing I don't quite get it about the negativity of the Sousei fanbase is that Aquarion, even without it's parodies on it's own isn't a bad story with bad characters. Sure, it may not be the best, most-tightly written story with solid character development left-and-right. I mean, I can't even sense something remotely appliable in an EVA sense compared to Aquarion. I don't mean superficial similarities, but rather the feel of the series.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 08:03   Link #100
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post

I see. I'll watch in the shadows and see what the reviews says too. I'll probably get it just to check it out. Watch it myself and rate it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori View Post
I recommended this anime to two friends, one loved it to bits, one thought it was totally lame. Those who can't see that this is paraody won't enjoy this one bit, but those who do... They get the ride of the year.
I don't recommend Animes or shows/series to anyone of my friends no more. No one likes what i do, so i praticially gave up.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote