AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-03-28, 07:36   Link #741
DarkSlayer182

Was browsing amazon.co.jp when suddenly..
Link

Didn't saw it coming o.O
DarkSlayer182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 09:18   Link #742
YF19EX

In all of Aki I found one shop selling this book. The book was listed to come out on the 30th. They broke the street date by 2 days. Thank goodness since I'm heading home.

The world guidance book is that. Technical description of the world, governments, tactics, beta history etc. It has graphics: character profiles, mech profiles but nothing to the extent the production book has.
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 10:53   Link #743
tsunade666

sigh..... sometimes. Its just look stupid. The stupidly huge breast.
Old 2013-03-28, 17:59   Link #744
calubin_175

It looks like they are treating the book seriously as it follows the same format as Integral Works. Maybe they're considering many of the anime version scenarios as canon.

The comic anthology is just a bunch of jokes, which I don't usually buy. However, as Muv-Luv is a franchise which also excel in the comedy department, so I might get it.

I am not getting any of the Dengeki Muv-Luvs, but I was wondering whether the manga chapters in there are one-off, or different stories done by the same author etc. If that's the case, there is potential for compilations.

Historically I am not sure what Dengeki SRW did with theirs.

Last edited by calubin_175; 2013-03-28 at 18:32.
calubin_175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 22:27   Link #745
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

I think their world guidence is a minimal version of the design archives. Hoping the design archives become available next time.

They have some 4 koma's for TE as well, so the anthology would be more like a cross over between the regular muvluv characters and all the side stories... which makes it a must get in my eyes though i cant read it...

Some stories in Dengeki ML are one offs, and others are on going. They have some really interesting ones such as the Ghost Phantom... I'm loving it. Also, like Gundam Ace, unless it has enough chapters to make a volume, most likely you will not see it outside of DML.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 23:19   Link #746
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
sigh..... sometimes. Its just look stupid. The stupidly huge breast.
- Must...refrain...from...flat-chested jokes...

I'm hoping to get Dengeki Muv-Luv 3. Muv-Luv merchandise here in Australia is either ridiculously expensive or nigh-impossible to find. For example, the only reason one shop I know has the Eurofighter non-scale kit is because nobody's heard of it and aren't willing to part with $100 for a kit that's NOT a Gundam or Zaku...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 05:28   Link #747
calubin_175

I would eagerly wait for TE VN info when Dengeki 3 comes out. I know following Muv-Luv requires tons of patience as they don't release much new material but definitely boasts quality over quantity. The World Guidance Book, TE VN and the continuing Schwarzmarken will be the biggest things for this half year.
Old 2013-03-30, 07:54   Link #748
MitchelJohn
SPiCa~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YF19EX View Post
In all of Aki I found one shop selling this book. The book was listed to come out on the 30th. They broke the street date by 2 days. Thank goodness since I'm heading home.

The world guidance book is that. Technical description of the world, governments, tactics, beta history etc. It has graphics: character profiles, mech profiles but nothing to the extent the production book has.
Wuuuuut

They released it earlier than the people who pre-ordered D:

:Rage:
MitchelJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 08:14   Link #749
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Actually this is true of some shops in Akihabara, since they cater to their regulars. Which shop was it? Might visit when I head there in Jul.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2013-03-30, 20:53   Link #750
calubin_175

There won't be a Dengeki Muv-Luv Vol.4
Old 2013-03-30, 21:08   Link #751
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by calubin_175 View Post
Why why? Any source on it?

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 21:33   Link #752
Freedomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by calubin_175 View Post
Wat?
Freedomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 23:28   Link #753
calubin_175

Reports of Dengeki 3 owners said this is the final volume.
http://12cm.web.fc2.com/index.html
Old 2013-03-30, 23:38   Link #754
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Disappointing, but not unexpected.
We would have to see how TE VN sales go to see what Age comes up next.
Currently Koto kits for ML is doing so so I heard.

Old 2013-03-31, 01:50   Link #755
calubin_175

Sadly, no info on Chronicles 04 either.

Expect a time of rest after Total Eclipse is finalised through the VN and Blu rays, and then we'll just need to hope whether they'll do something for the 10th anniversary of Muv-Luv.

I don't care whether they're making more Koto kits, or how slow the A3s are being released by Volks, along with their expensive pricing, as long as we get something, I'll be happy.

The release of the Altered Fable artbook implies a reboot of Muv-luv of sorts, but we shouldn't expect a scale any larger than what we've got already through the TE Anime marketing campaign.

I am hoping that the Koto bishojo figures are doing well, so we'll at least get Meiya and the mainstream fanbase to like the designs.

The actual companies like Volks and Age aren't really benefiting, as the new comers are buying things second-hand. And yes, the second-hand prices have increased in the past 6 months.

Has Miyata Sou dismissal got anything to do with the slowdown?

Latest Muv-Luv Japanese threads
http://kilauea.bbspink.com/test/read...e2/1363599621/
http://kilauea.bbspink.com/test/read...e2/1364635154/
Old 2013-03-31, 03:00   Link #756
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Well, people have attributed the delay of the TE VN from Feb to May due to having to find someone else to complete the game, but considering that Age's track record for getting games out on time isnt all that good, might or might not be.

The second hand market has aways been high for A3 stuff since 2007 actually. A Takemi 00R back then went like 10000yen on average... Its actually much better now, with the stuff going for about 10% to 50% of the sales price. You can get some A3s for as low as 1000 yen... which is why I have most of it now in the last 8 months after monitoring for the last 5 years. Only certain exclusives cost 200% of their sales price.

Still, Age will definately come up with more stuff on the MLA line, no doubt. Its just a matter of waiting.

Old 2013-03-31, 03:17   Link #757
calubin_175

BTW grevierr, do you have a garage kit version of the recently released Shiranui Second Phase 1? Is the sculpt identical to the A3 Type-94 1C or based on the A3 joint strike package version?
Old 2013-03-31, 03:39   Link #758
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Yup, its being shipped out soon, so I'll get back to you once I have it with some pics.
BTW what do you mean by the A3 joint strike package version? The latest resin all come with A3 joints for direct use from what I read. Is that what you mean?

Old 2013-03-31, 07:50   Link #759
calubin_175

Kouki's twitter said Total Eclipse Radio has just ended after 4 years of broadcast. Let's meet again in Chronicles 4.

Basically means a potential Chronicles 4 will contain the tracks. They're still talking about TE VN testing, so it better be worth the wait and I think we should expect Chronicles 4 next year.
Old 2013-03-31, 09:41   Link #760
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Thats good to hear. From history, no matter how unlikely or joke like it would seem, as long as it is out of Kouki's mouth, he would release it eventually... So, Chronicles 4 and MLA 2 has been tweeted so far...