Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-03-02, 17:38   Link #321
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I don't know what's crazier: the fact that Kuga is responsible for everything, or that Hijiri knows that Toru will get angry at Kuga for messing with him and Koyuki, then lead Kuga to her death as vengence.
That…is just speculation.
Old 2011-03-02, 17:44   Link #322
Johnny
Working the bags...

Yeah, if he's referring to Toru getting revenge like that I don't see that happening. Toru isn't the type to do that. Now if he's referring to Tokita, that is up for grabs. He said he's on Kuga's side, but his true motives may be different. It's obvious he's upset that Kuga's arrow isn't pointing at him...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 17:53   Link #323
Shadow5YA

I won't deny that. However...

Spoiler for ch14 conversation:

Hijiri seems to think Toru has some role in Kuga's fate. That of course does not say whether it will really happen or not, since a person's fate isn't set in stone.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 17:59   Link #324
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Where does Hijiri mention that? Only Kuga mentions him.
Old 2011-03-02, 18:11   Link #325
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Spoiler:
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 19:25   Link #326
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Spoiler for 14:
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 19:49   Link #327
Somnus
Eh?

What a sad chapter, but it makes me love this manga so much more! As evil as she is, Kuga is a brilliant character. I too think "Iris Hunting" is purely psychological, and I can't wait to see how this all unfolds. Also, I think the "that" Kijiri is referring to isn't Toru, but Koyuki instead. Toru said it himself, no matter how much you try, you can't keep her away. I believe she'll be stubborn enough to talk to Toru regardless of Kuga's words.
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 21:58   Link #328
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
This series turned dark fairly quickly. We have Hijiri who is now essentially wishing for Kuga's death, and Toru and Koyuki separated due to a misunderstanding on the level of Romeo and Juliet.
The series was always dark or trying to evoke a more mature theme when it presented the background of Iris Zero at the beginning. It won't reach narutaru level of madness but these kids sure are abusing their gift. Up to now, it feels like there is quite an exaggeration from the poster around... well that’s what I'm feeling.
Touru knows all the answer I so thinking he wasn’t tricked in anyway but only reflecting on what’s happening…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
What a bitch. Her friends try and reveal that the guy she liked is a liar and a jackass...and she gets mad at them? And then tries to screw them over?

Give me a break.
That might not be the entire truth since the rumour of Iris Hunter spreaded long before and there is a victim count. So I'm assuming it was planned, even taking away the iris of the person she might have liked. In essence I don't think her agenda correlated to the issue with her boyfriend. Maybe something was concocted long ago during before the festival. Even with that said I still think it’s murky on who or what is an Iris Hunter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I think it's pretty much confirmed that Kuga is indeed the Iris hunter in chapter 14. It's definitely psychological manipulation is that Kuga pushs them to the point of the people didn't want to use their Iris.
It might be too early to form a conclusion ^^, from this chapter.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 22:21   Link #329
ZeKeR
Superbad

ookay... this is starting to go ugly for toru...
Old 2011-03-03, 02:07   Link #330
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
What a bitch. Her friends try and reveal that the guy she liked is a liar and a jackass...and she gets mad at them? And then tries to screw them over?

Give me a break.
You misunderstood. She laments that what she can see gives her tragic outcomes, and that the world would be better had Irises not existed, so she's out to erase everyone's Irises and take general revenge on society for showing the kind of ugliness that she saw in her lover.

I don't think she is directly targeting her friends, and I think she might be consciously letting closer friends like Sasamori be, except for Toru. She noticed his problem-solving prowess over past chapters, which is an obvious threat to her mission, so he must go away.

I view the entire arc as essentially a chain of misunderstandings, highlighting how perfect information with no communication would lead to disaster as everyone makes their own conclusions and acts upon them. Toru himself is guilty of that.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 02:19   Link #331
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

She's targetting Sasamori's iris too, looks like.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 07:38   Link #332
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
You misunderstood. She laments that what she can see gives her tragic outcomes, and that the world would be better had Irises not existed, so she's out to erase everyone's Irises and take general revenge on society for showing the kind of ugliness that she saw in her lover.

I don't think she is directly targeting her friends, and I think she might be consciously letting closer friends like Sasamori be, except for Toru. She noticed his problem-solving prowess over past chapters, which is an obvious threat to her mission, so he must go away.

I view the entire arc as essentially a chain of misunderstandings, highlighting how perfect information with no communication would lead to disaster as everyone makes their own conclusions and acts upon them. Toru himself is guilty of that.
I agree with you here, Kuga is most definitely not a bitch, I think because almost everyone has their own Iris, that provides them with perfect information which many people act on themselves as seen when the gang see the confession. Sasomori herself likes to act on her own accord which is why the Toru is the qualified person to help her since from young he has been forced to use his imagination to see what others see through thier Iris.

Kuga herself because her Iris shows others emotions, it makes her more introverted as she knows how other people are feeling and since the way in which she has always understood emotion is through her Iris it is hard for to express Emotion so she does it in a very well 'evil' way.
Old 2011-03-03, 12:16   Link #333
Sixth
Hu Tao

I think she just pissed off since everything had been decided/proved due to the iris ability.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 22:10   Link #334
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
I have faith In Toru.. and I dont think he will hurt Kuga it isnt his style.
Old 2011-03-04, 01:00   Link #335
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Dayum... then again, as was pointed out, this series has always had the potential to go dark, and it looks like the potential is being realized

that being said, I'm pretty the RAWs are out to either 16 or 17, and I think someone said that

Spoiler for RAWs:

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 01:05   Link #336
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Dayum... then again, as was pointed out, this series has always had the potential to go dark, and it looks like the potential is being realized

that being said, I'm pretty the RAWs are out to either 16 or 17, and I think someone said that

Spoiler for RAWs:
Spoiler for 16 and 17:
Old 2011-03-04, 02:48   Link #337
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Methinks I need to find the RAWs... maybe in the next two or three weeks scanlations will even catch up with the RAWs, and it sounds like we'll have EPICNESS!

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 18:08   Link #338
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

is this a monthly series?
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 18:15   Link #339
Johnny
Working the bags...

Pretty sure it is. Chapter 17 came out on 1/27 and 18 was supposed to come out 2/26, but I could be incorrect...
Old 2011-03-04, 21:18   Link #340
jzmagic
flargansbog

Awesome, looks like things are going to pick up soon.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, romance, seinen, shounen