AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

View Poll Results: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 6 19.35%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 29.03%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 38.71%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 9.68%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 3.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-26, 13:36   Link #21
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Isn't 8th volume the last of the main story? I remember author saying sometime ago that it would end in 2 volumes
Old 2013-02-26, 14:20   Link #22
larethian

Was wondering whether there would be a twist to Nanami's results since she was the only one who saw the letter. Though I can't really think of a good reason for that to happen, huh?
Old 2013-02-26, 16:45   Link #23
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Was wondering whether there would be a twist to Nanami's results since she was the only one who saw the letter. Though I can't really think of a good reason for that to happen, huh?
Unlikely, though technically possible. Knowing she's leaving either way, she might want to keep everyone focused on the task at hand rather than create cause for frivolous celebration on her behalf. I only say it's unlikely because she must know that they care about her enough that seeing her not make it would hurt them.

So glad someone posted a comparison shot with Maid-chan. I noticed that on first viewing, but it happened so fast that I had more or less forgotten by the time the episode ended.

The stinger is ominous. Mashiro will do what she must to protect Sakurasou, and thanks to Ryunosuke and Sorata, she already knows exactly what it will take.
Old 2013-02-26, 16:46   Link #24
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

Mashiro overheard the three talking in the hall. She's going to sneak back to England to save Sakurasou and then the crew are going to go there and get her, either as the final act of this season or the basis for a second.
Old 2013-02-26, 16:57   Link #25
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Isn't 8th volume the last of the main story? I remember author saying sometime ago that it would end in 2 volumes
No, it's definitely not the last of the main story, the side stories in this series have a .5 in the numbering.

Volume 9 is coming out next month.
Old 2013-02-26, 17:27   Link #26
AP24

I doubt vol 8 will be adapted since this episode is the start of vol 6's story. The only way to see vol 8's story in this season is if vol 6's story ends in the next episode and vol 7 & 8 are adapted in the last 3 episodes. It's possible that it's going for an anime original ending. The worst scenario is if it ends at vol 7 and there won't be another season.

We'll have to wait until ep 22 or 23 to have a good idea how this season will end.
Old 2013-02-26, 17:36   Link #27
kivredia

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
I doubt vol 8 will be adapted since this episode is the start of vol 6's story. The only way to see vol 8's story in this season is if vol 6's story ends in the next episode and vol 7 & 8 are adapted in the last 3 episodes. It's possible that it's going for an anime original ending. The worst scenario is if it ends at vol 7 and there won't be another season.

We'll have to wait until ep 22 or 23 to have a good idea how this season will end.
Guess my timeline was wrong. If this is the start of LN6 I hope they don't try to rush through it or something. Does anyone know how the BD's are selling? Guess they could end it with another 12ep season or some OVAs in the future if the sales aren't that bad.
Old 2013-02-26, 20:08   Link #28
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Guess my timeline was wrong. If this is the start of LN6 I hope they don't try to rush through it or something. Does anyone know how the BD's are selling? Guess they could end it with another 12ep season or some OVAs in the future if the sales aren't that bad.
Not that good for obvious reason (Go way back to ep. 6 if you really want to know why...).

And there's just not enough material for 2nd season anyway, another reason why I'm surprised that they decided to stall out the story instead of going through all 8 + anime original ending.

Quote:
The author expect 2 more volumes after 8. You're partially correct, just wrong count (so the story should end at 10).

As far as the episodes go - I already know the story, so of course, no surprises for me. This whole arc remains one of my least favorite just b/c how forced it is, oh well, 2 more episodes (?) until graduation...
Old 2013-02-27, 00:00   Link #29
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddyofAus View Post
Mashiro overheard the three talking in the hall. She's going to sneak back to England to save Sakurasou and then the crew are going to go there and get her, either as the final act of this season or the basis for a second.
Why does this remind me of the final arc of the Special A anime?
Old 2013-02-27, 00:04   Link #30
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Why does this remind me of the final arc of the Special A anime?
Probably won't be as action-packed... Which is hilariously ironic if you ask me
Old 2013-02-27, 00:05   Link #31
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Probably won't be as action-packed... Which is hilariously ironic if you ask me
Indeed. Oh, how I loved that final arc of the Special A anime!

As for the comparison pic with Maid-chan, her being modeled after Dragon's female friend, and the fact that she was the last to disappear among his friends, only strengthens the theory that the girl used to be very important to him, and she is part of the reason why he hates girls. Heck, it is even possible that the girl sounds just exactly like her!

I mean, if he really hates girls, then why did he make an AI that looks and sounds like a girl?
Old 2013-02-27, 04:21   Link #32
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Not that good for obvious reason (Go way back to ep. 6 if you really want to know why...)
Are you talking about this absurd Otaku nerdrage because of a Korean dish?
Old 2013-02-27, 05:49   Link #33
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Indeed. Oh, how I loved that final arc of the Special A anime!

As for the comparison pic with Maid-chan, her being modeled after Dragon's female friend, and the fact that she was the last to disappear among his friends, only strengthens the theory that the girl used to be very important to him, and she is part of the reason why he hates girls. Heck, it is even possible that the girl sounds just exactly like her!

I mean, if he really hates girls, then why did he make an AI that looks and sounds like a girl?
Maybe she was the first love he ever loved and he never got over her.
Old 2013-02-27, 16:22   Link #34
The Green One

Perhaps Mashiro's solution will be to paint the most amazing picture of Sakurasou she can, in an effort to show how she feels about the place in the best way she knows how. The shot of her in this episode with her painting canvas could very well be foreshadowing.
Old 2013-02-27, 18:29   Link #35
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
After watching this ep, I find the reason for demolishing Sakurasou idiotic. I did find that the AI is amusingly funny and I did like Akasaka showing more of his tsun side.
Old 2013-02-28, 04:23   Link #36
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megacrash Gr View Post
After watching this ep, I find the reason for demolishing Sakurasou idiotic..
Plot wise. It felt artificial. It's as if they needed to bring another "controversy" surrounding Mashiro. Instead, the story at this point should focus on the end of the year, and the fact that the 3rd years DO have to move on from Sakurasou; and they go onward to their future schooling.

"Real world logic". It's retarded.
* What business is it for them to decide where should Mashiro live?
* What business is it for them to decide her career decision?

If for some reason the whole petition thing doesn't pan out... well... I'd come out with all that hacking data... come at the administration... and tell 'em to "F-ck off!"
Old 2013-02-28, 11:34   Link #37
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
* What business is it for them to decide where should Mashiro live?
* What business is it for them to decide her career decision?
Well, their business is to run the school such that it doesn't go under. Her living where she is, from their point of view (or perhaps they're using it as a scapegoat despite knowing it isn't true), has ruined the career of one of the greatest artists alive. That will bring a lot of negative press against the school, especially since they're supposed to cultivate the arts, not destroy them. As such, their public image will drop, and they'll likely have to shut down after students stop enrolling. So yes, it very much is their business to decide that she's wasting her talent not painting art.
Old 2013-02-28, 14:59   Link #38
kivredia

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Well, their business is to run the school such that it doesn't go under. Her living where she is, from their point of view (or perhaps they're using it as a scapegoat despite knowing it isn't true), has ruined the career of one of the greatest artists alive. That will bring a lot of negative press against the school, especially since they're supposed to cultivate the arts, not destroy them. As such, their public image will drop, and they'll likely have to shut down after students stop enrolling. So yes, it very much is their business to decide that she's wasting her talent not painting art.
From a business stand point it certainly would be good for them if she'd go back to painting, though I imagine she would go back to England then. Still doesn't give them any right to decide something for another person.

You could also say that if push comes to shove and she leaves the school cause living in the normal dorms doesn't work out they will still get bad publicity. Imagine someone interviewing her in the future and asking why she left, that could generate some pretty big backlash.

Just because someone's good at something doesn't mean they have to do it.
Old 2013-02-28, 18:49   Link #39
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivredia View Post
Just because someone's good at something doesn't mean they have to do it.
We had this debate since Rita appeared for the first time.
Old 2013-02-28, 20:06   Link #40
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
You make it sound like in the real world, there isn't anyone who is in charge and retarded at the same time.
Closed Thread