AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2011-09-29, 14:30   Link #61
haegar
mangaviking

...and the thought of those titans being completely fodderized to trashy lookin gimmicks in a low budget CGI is what makes me say 'skip that shit and invest some good money in OVA right away instead'
Old 2011-09-29, 17:20   Link #62
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

....Though I gotta admit, the thought of seeing those titans (who look frightening enough as it is in the manga) in well-done CGI form is actually pretty enticing.
It's Japan cinema. Ain't gonna happen.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-30, 02:55   Link #63
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Japan cinema live-action CG aren't that bad. It just needs to be on par with Gantz's CG and that's not too hard.

To me, as long as the CG aren't B-film level CG ( you know, those direct-to-DVD/BD Alligator/Snake/Random Monster #65476 kinds ) and it meshes well with the environment and style of the film shooting, then it's alright.

For example, assuming if Shingeki no Kyojin's live-action somehow has problems with having quality CG, then really... all they need to do is enhance the mist-like feeling that the manga occasionally has when they fight the Titans.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 16:53   Link #64
yuzen003

Chapter 26 is out, lots to take in this time. We get more concrete info on the transformation process, a little more detail about the other members of the squad Eren is with, and a significant event in the current situation.

Spoiler for Female Giant:
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 10:56   Link #65
TrueKnight

So the scans for 26 finally out. Damn, the female titan was suspected to be human all along among the high ranked Scouting Legions like Irving and Levi. They hides too many secrets and knowledge behind their sleeves about the humanoid titan. Can't wait for next chapter.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 13:17   Link #66
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Just read chapter 26, every chapter is getting more exciting then the next!

The scouting legion real plan was to catch the female giant all along, what other secrets do they withheld from Eren? What pretty frightening was the leader confident that here was human in side the female giant, I hope she will be okay... Don't want to diminish Eren harem now

Giants = man made weapons?
Old 2011-10-10, 13:40   Link #67
marvelB

Now this..... THIS is what I call a chapter! I gotta admit, that Isayama guy sure knows how to tell a damn good story! I love this developing relationship between Erin and the scouting unit. I'm definitely looking forward to how they'll handle the female titan next chapter.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 19:05   Link #68
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

The expressions on the Giants' faces as they run around naked killing/eating people really just crack me up.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 04:39   Link #69
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Spoiler for SPOILERS TAGS THX :p:
Old 2011-10-12, 20:12   Link #70
potchip

What an intense series. The suspense is great - just don't know what giants might do every time.
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 01:42   Link #71
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
I started reading this the other day, and man, I am blown away. Blew threw the first 24 chapters like nothing. I don't know what it is, but I am in love with this series. I can see why it's apparently getting so much attention, something about it just grabs you. The pointless nature in which people are killed and the despair it brings to those around them, panels of female soldiers sobbing, seconds before their heads are eaten, I hadn't felt like this while reading a manga in a long time, really shook me to the core reading the first dozen or so chapters.

I have high hopes for this, though it appears it's another monthly series, so the wait for new chapters will be painful.
Old 2011-10-26, 02:53   Link #72
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
I started reading this the other day, and man, I am blown away. Blew threw the first 24 chapters like nothing. I don't know what it is, but I am in love with this series. I can see why it's apparently getting so much attention, something about it just grabs you. The pointless nature in which people are killed and the despair it brings to those around them, panels of female soldiers sobbing, seconds before their heads are eaten, I hadn't felt like this while reading a manga in a long time, really shook me to the core reading the first dozen or so chapters.

I have high hopes for this, though it appears it's another monthly series, so the wait for new chapters will be painful.
Theres guys sobbing to you know

Yes, a new found fetish, where girls getting there heads bit off. jk

Can't wait for the next release...
Old 2011-11-10, 04:23   Link #73
Key Board
Carbon

Chapter 27

the threat is much closer to home than expected? never expected this kind of conspiracy in a story like this

If I were to guess, however..
Spoiler:
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 04:36   Link #74
Xion Valkyrie

I don't really like how this ended. I was hoping for this to lead to some reveal about the 'truth' but it seems like that's been put off again.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 05:04   Link #75
lordshadowisle

The plot thickens... which is unexpected and therefore good.

Spoiler for Giants:
lordshadowisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 08:25   Link #76
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

That was... unexpected. The trap was more elaborate then I initially though it was though.
Old 2011-11-10, 10:25   Link #77
marvelB

Damn..... this was an incredible chapter. It really shows that those titans can be quite the clever bastards, indeed.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
I don't really like how this ended. I was hoping for this to lead to some reveal about the 'truth' but it seems like that's been put off again.

Honestly, I'm kind of not surprised that this sort of outcome occurred. I didn't think we'd learn the full story of the titan conspiracy this soon anyhow, even if the mission were successful. Either way, it still sucks that all of those sacrifices ended up being in vain......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 12:26   Link #78
Inarius
★★★★★

Gawd damn, that was an epic chapter...so now we all know that giants/titans are/were actually humans.

And I really wanted to see who was in the nape of her neck T_T...that baka Rivaille shouldn't of told her that part about her real hands and feet XD.

Now I really wonder who the other spies are...Maybe Eren's father was part of the project...scratch that, he damn sure was part of it and when he heard of the plan to artificially destroy the wall, he injected Eren to assure his survival and went into hiding.

In the basement there's prob blueprints or schematics of the experiment's progression as well as documents with the names of the rest of the scientists that took part in the project and prob how to turn them back, and how the project came into being.

As for the other titans who don't show signs of intelligence, that's quite simple.

If you remember when Eren turned back into a titans in the plug the wall chapters, he at first went berserk because when in titan mode one is in a dreamlike state.

I'm pretty sure that goes for the other titans as well...those who don't wake up remain with their basic functions (walking, eating, being stupid), while those who do wake up manage to snap back to reality and eventually revert back to human form at some point.

This is starting to sound like claymore...and organization behind the scenes producing titans for whatever purpose.
Old 2011-11-10, 12:42   Link #79
yuzen003

Great chapter, never expected the plan would end that way.

I have to wonder why they didn't just secure the forest as best they could and wait for nightfall before really pushing forward with the investigation. They know the titans are more or less solar powered so why not just wait until the titans' presence is at an absolute minimum before making threats? Were they really that interested in knowing if you can intimidate a titan that they had to try it when titans were already swarming on the outskirts of the woods? They learned a little but they could have learned a lot more if they were a little more patient.
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 12:46   Link #80
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

It's starting to look like the people of this fancy wall city created the titans to conquer the world and succeed but in the end the weapon was too good. It's kind of like the fear of biological weapon. If a country releases some really terrible plague on another country, the other country gets destroyed but the criminal country doesn't get the blame, since nobody can say where it came from, or could just blame nature (just like in the show). Even the people involved are likely to keep their mouth shut since obviously just because you confess your crime doesn't pardon you; unlike in a war where some people are forced into the conflict.

On that thought I agree with Key that it's probably the religious bastards to blame since they were the most in favor of getting rid of the protagonist.