AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-06-29, 08:41   Link #181
Uribatake

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I was hoping that an episode directed by Watanabe would be a step above the others, but sadly, it wasn't.
Watanabe wrote and co-storyboarded episode 12, but it was Shohei Miyake who directed it.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-29, 09:22   Link #182
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
But the whole moping-around-for-seven-days plot was terrible. Are we really supposed to believe Tuesday's mom pulled this stunt and our four heroes just sat there and took it for an entire week? The solution was obvious. Tuesday is a finalist in what we're supposed to believe is the biggest freakin' entertainment event on the planet. People driving down the street recognize her. Carole and the others should have gone straight to the media and told them the whole story about how the famous politician was a terrible mother who wasn't going to let her daughter perform in the big finale. Heck, just calling up her mother and threatening to do that would have been enough.
It's a bit ambiguous how much time actually passed in the "moping" phase. For all we know it might have just been half a week that passed with the other half a week spent on preparing Tuesday's escape and return trip.

Though, I'm not really entirely sure what the drama was even about between Carole & Tuesday. I guess Carole was hurt because Tuesday had kept the whole Cybelle thing from her? If they had expanded on that a bit instead of a pointless montage then the "moping" phase might have made more sense.

But it was kinda odd how the X Factor producers weren't even factored in. One of their performers is unavailable for a final act would've no doubt been a big enough deal for them to want to do something. And they likely wouldn't even need Carole to tell them (who may understandably hesitate to throw Tuesday's family issues into a public spotlight). Logistically speaking, don't these performances require a lot of prep work and communication between staff and the performers? They would've known something was up straight away. Now may be it's possible they politically support Tuesday's mom or something but I still would've liked to have seen such a factor raised.

Also Tuesday's mom is a fucking idiot. If she had decided to support Tuesday both privately and publicly then she would have an artist for a daughter who could attract younger voters. Even the most ivory towered politicians would be opportunist enough to see that.

As far as music goes, I actually liked them both and agreed with the result. Again, they aren't going to be songs I'll go back to after a week but I don't think this "X-Factor"-style music was ever my taste to begin with (On a side note, I've recently discovered Lo-fi hip hop and I'm loving it).
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-29, 10:57   Link #183
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

About Tuesday's mom. She locks her daughter up in her room but she lets her keep her phone. If Tuesday hadn't been depressed, she could have easily set up an escape.
Old 2019-06-29, 17:25   Link #184
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Though, I'm not really entirely sure what the drama was even about between Carole & Tuesday. I guess Carole was hurt because Tuesday had kept the whole Cybelle thing from her? If they had expanded on that a bit instead of a pointless montage then the "moping" phase might have made more sense.
Carole really wanted to win and she thought Tuesday wasn't being serious because she got distracted by Cybelle's nonsense.

Quote:
Also Tuesday's mom is a fucking idiot. If she had decided to support Tuesday both privately and publicly then she would have an artist for a daughter who could attract younger voters. Even the most ivory towered politicians would be opportunist enough to see that.
That depends of what her politics are. I wouldn't be shocked at all if she were the type of politicians who publicly rails against the entertainment industry.

Quote:
As far as music goes, I actually liked them both and agreed with the result. Again, they aren't going to be songs I'll go back to after a week but I don't think this "X-Factor"-style music was ever my taste to begin with (On a side note, I've recently discovered Lo-fi hip hop and I'm loving it).
I quite liked this weeks music myself. Even if Carole and Tuesday weren't disqualified, I think they might have lost anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
About Tuesday's mom. She locks her daughter up in her room but she lets her keep her phone. If Tuesday hadn't been depressed, she could have easily set up an escape.
She obviously looks down totally on her. She probably couldn't even imagine she'd actually leave again once she's back.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-29, 18:39   Link #185
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
She obviously looks down totally on her. She probably couldn't even imagine she'd actually leave again once she's back.
If she couldn't imagine she would run away again, she wouldn't have locked her up in the first place.
Old 2019-06-29, 18:44   Link #186
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
If she couldn't imagine she would run away again, she wouldn't have locked her up in the first place.
That was just a punishment for running away. That's why it was only for a week.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-29, 18:50   Link #187
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
That was just a punishment for running away. That's why it was only for a week.
It was for a week because that was when the final Mars Idol was airing.
Old 2019-07-01, 14:29   Link #188
grecefar

If I were tuesday I would shit on her mom in national tv and ruin her image,

anyway, it was great two songs both of them gave goosebumps and damn carole and tuesday made fucking ertgun cry.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-03, 04:44   Link #189
videoman190

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
If I were tuesday I would shit on her mom in national tv and ruin her image,

anyway, it was great two songs both of them gave goosebumps and damn carole and tuesday made fucking ertgun cry.
Me too but I do like her brother Spencer standing up for her. He is going to have an earful from Tuesday's mom but once Carole & Tuesday get their career up in high gear she may change her tune.

Last edited by videoman190; 2019-07-03 at 07:47.
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-03, 11:08   Link #190
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoman190 View Post
Me too but I do like her brother Spencer standing up for her. He is going to have an earful from Tuesday's mom but once Carole & Tuesday get their career up in high gear she may change her tune.
If she does, I hope Tuesday will point out her hypocrisy. In fact, I'm just hoping for some character development for Tuesday. It doesn't feel like she's changed one bit since the first episode.
Old 2019-07-03, 19:28   Link #191
Mister Twit

I think the reason it doesn't feel like she's changed is because her major character development supposedly happened right before episode 1. Who knows if we'll ever get to see the difference, though.
Mister Twit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-11, 12:57   Link #192
grecefar

Little details in this one now that we start any stage.

Obvious carole father, shady business with tuesday mon and I hope she gets her karma, crazy new producer, etc.

I like the ending, opening not so much.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-11, 14:51   Link #193
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Title songs from the second cour of Carole and Tuesday
(First cour songs here)

#13: Walk this Way by Aerosmith
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

#14: The Kids are Alright by The Who
Images

#15: God Only Knows by The Beach Boys
Images

#16: A Natural Woman by Aretha Franklin
Images

#17: Head Over Heels by Tears for Fears
Images

#18: Only Love can Break Your Heart by Neil Young
Images

#19: People Get Ready by The Impressions
Images

#20 Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin
Images

#21 It's Too Late by Carole King
Images

#22 Just Like Heaven by The Cure
Images

#23 Don't Stop Believin' by Journey
Images

#24 A Change is Gonna Come by Sam Cooke
Images

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2019-10-03 at 12:01.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-11, 15:16   Link #194
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

This episode took a big step in the stupid direction for me. Are there no other record companies wanting to sign a duo who are now already rather popular? And yet another weirdo to go along with Gus. Somehow I don't think this is how the music industry works, either here on Earth or on Mars.

At least "Walk this Way" had a referent in the episode.

Angela's performance in episode twelve was far better than her work here.
Old 2019-07-11, 17:04   Link #195
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Kinda liked the political undercurrent being developed in this episode. I'd be surprised if Tuesday's mom's anti-immigrant rhetoric doesn't end up clashing with Carole in some way or another, and I thought the focus on campaign shenanigans was rather interesting. Most politics on anime tend to focus on pure ideology rather than nitty gritty subject of the democratic process itself.

Quote:
This episode took a big step in the stupid direction for me. Are there no other record companies wanting to sign a duo who are now already rather popular? And yet another weirdo to go along with Gus. Somehow I don't think this is how the music industry works, either here on Earth or on Mars.
I'm sure there's atleast a couple of people in the music industry that have gone through a "axe-wielding batshit psycho" phase if only because they're high on drugs. I'd believe it.

Quote:
Angela's performance in episode twelve was far better than her work here.
The insert song was another "meh" but I quite liked the ED song.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-11, 18:12   Link #196
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Why do the girls keep Gus around? I don't think he's made a single good decision. It would have helped if we had been told how exactly that contract restricted their freedom.

Laundry guy is obviously Carole's father.
Old 2019-07-11, 20:10   Link #197
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Perhaps Carole is an "illegal immigrant" herself?

Was this theme inserted for American audiences? Japan probably has a few "illegals," but it is anywhere near the issue it is in the US? Lot harder to migrate to an archipelago than across a thousand-mile land border.
Old 2019-07-11, 23:00   Link #198
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Perhaps Carole is an "illegal immigrant" herself?

Was this theme inserted for American audiences? Japan probably has a few "illegals," but it is anywhere near the issue it is in the US? Lot harder to migrate to an archipelago than across a thousand-mile land border.
Not that hard when people come here on a tourist visa and then stay and work illegally.

Obviously by volume the States has many more immigrants both legal and illegal than Japan. But there are more similarities than you’d imagine, down to immigrants (from other Asian countries mostly in Japan’s case) doing jobs Japanese people won’t do. And being blamed for every problem in society by scurrilous right-wing politicians.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-12, 01:13   Link #199
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

MAKE MARS GREAT AGAIN!

Seriously, though... this is the craziest version of Mars I've ever seen anyone imagine. Carole & Tuesday live in what looks like Brooklyn, the new OP makes it look like they're in the Midwest, and now they're in what looks like a South American "Favela." I wish the creative team would make up their minds.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-12, 14:50   Link #200
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Not a fan of the new OP musically, but visually, it was very comfy and nice to look at. Both insert songs were kind of meh, but I MUCH prefer the new ED to the first one, both the song and the visuals.

And I agree with Seiji in that this episode took a big turn for the stupid for me as well. On multiple levels. My nearly roll right out of their sockets almost any time Gus says or does anything.

Tags
music, sci-fi