AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 107 rating
Perfect 10 21 14.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 9.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 11.35%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 14.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 5.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.42%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.71%
1 out of 10 : Painful 53 37.59%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-01, 14:17   Link #141
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
if she was indeed "old" like raphaella ... they would have used something like this earlier. My guess is this type was developed rather as a reaction to increasing defections and clays going rogue. actually ...think that was goraals or arturro's idea ...sounds logical though ...
Don't be so sure of that, she was probably always some kind of trump card the org used to brainwash, control and kill their claymores. And remember theresa for example could sense the yoki to the minute detail and was backed up by a huge pool of yoki number 10 had to manipulate. There was a chance that a claymore like theresa could have sensed through that illusion and killed their valuable trump card which was probably used to program abyssal feeders as well. Number 10 explains how the org got the feeders to perform that well also.
Old 2010-09-01, 14:19   Link #142
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
why don't they stop them from hacking her to pieces?
-Because they're pricks? Its not like these guys to care about something that does not pose a danger to them. Guess they figured better to kill her before she could give any information to someone else.
Old 2010-09-01, 14:19   Link #143
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Had to give the ch a better ending... it's the conculsion of the tuna casserole story made by Raikiri...

Spoiler for Pic:
Old 2010-09-01, 14:21   Link #144
theevilanimal
ABducting claymores

now the ghosts have a reason not to hold back against the current warriors.
I wonder what are audrey and rachel's reaction to this. Miria&co did save them from riful. Did they participate in this hack party?
Old 2010-09-01, 14:23   Link #145
Stream
Radical Dreamer

Haegar, that doesn't make sense. The overriding priority is to deal with Miria as a threat. Considering how she was taking down everyone with ease, leaving her alive would be much too dangerous. With her godlike speed she only needs a split-second of freedom to do as she pleases. There are too many dangerous, unknown (healing factor, speed, strength, etc.) factors when it comes to imprisoning Miria, and if even one of them goes wrong, Miria - at her level - would cause a disaster and possibly destroy the organization. They wouldn't even have a second chance to use Number 10 either because this time she'll anticipate it and develop counter-measures.

Anyway, lets float a theory out there. If Clare could be revived from the monster by fully regenerating her body, do you think it would be possible for Teresa to be independently revived as well?
Old 2010-09-01, 14:24   Link #146
Squawks
PSI you from behind

miria is dead.
Old 2010-09-01, 14:25   Link #147
yuhi hyuuga

After all I still thinking that its a bad joke and she cant die TT-TT ... Ppl who hang the pictures of the spoiler usually do in a disorderly manner and put a few pictures to let us in suspense ¬¬ . I dotn want to say and think anything more until I read the chapter .
Old 2010-09-01, 14:26   Link #148
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

I've had an extremely exhausting day; can someone just sum up the last few hours for me, and what happens in this chapter?

I know enough that a certain character gets a very undeserving, nonsensical rushed death, but what else? Is the first chapter about the Northern warriors getting zombie-fied or whatever true? I certainly hope not .

Roflmao, as always, i love the sudden return of every member who only feels like showing up when their's a new chapter .
Old 2010-09-01, 14:36   Link #149
Stream
Radical Dreamer

Shiek, Number 10 makes Miria believe that she's Hilda and that Hilda is alive. Miria becomes fully delusional and is brutally murdered with a dope smile on her face. No confirmations on the zombie spoilers, so I'm guessing no, it's not happening.

Last edited by Stream; 2011-03-13 at 09:12.
Old 2010-09-01, 14:37   Link #150
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Funny, after months of people complaining how someone should die in the West, and how it's lame no one is dying to show how serous it is, when a charecter does die, everyone gets upset.
No 10 had better hope the ghosts just kill her. Cause they can do much worse. They can tell her the truth about the org. About how thanks to her actions more children have had to suffer becoming claymores, or worse AE's. About how she killed someone who was trying who could have freed their homeland from the grasp of anothers war. And how she delayed that because of her blind loyalty that was delayed, and now more little girls have suffered. And then let her live with that.
Sadly, Miria's going alone was a mistake. And her sin, as it were, was that she did not trust her friends and comrades to be able to stay alive on their own. I have my doubths that 10's ability works as well on multiple foes as a single one. And I suspect a Sensor type could detect it and counter it. Ironically, she might have succeded if she'd brought Tabitha.
Old 2010-09-01, 14:44   Link #151
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stream View Post
Shiek, Number 10 makes Miria believe that she's Hilda and that Hilda is alive. Mira becomes fully delusional and is brutally murdered with a dope smile on her face. No confirmations on the zombie spoilers, so I'm guessing no, it's not happening.
Who the heck is Number 10? is she the trump card? do we even see the trump card?

Wow....Yagi usually kills off characters that have fulfilled their purpose, leaving behind a legacy, like Isley did.

What has Miria done to warrent her death so soon?

Number 10....such a low number compared to Miria who is easily the island's strongest warrior right now....kind of embarrassing for her to be killed off in this fashion, especially after we all debated how lack of smarts in even going to the Organization last chapter.
Old 2010-09-01, 14:49   Link #152
Ardha

All I have to say is...wow

Riful, Teresa, Raciella and now Miria are gone and now Priscilla and Galatea, Helen are my only favs left alive

this was really unexpected
Old 2010-09-01, 14:50   Link #153
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
What has Miria done to warrent her death so soon?
-Probably being too awesome. *Sigh* This is going to take a while for me to accept.
Old 2010-09-01, 14:51   Link #154
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativedark View Post
Funny, after months of people complaining how someone should die in the West, and how it's lame no one is dying to show how serous it is, when a charecter does die, everyone gets upset.
Yup. Well, it happens quite a lot with any story when any important (and liked by the fandom) character dies... the 'ruined foreverrrrr!' trope. The thing is, we've been stuck years since any 'good' character died (Isley, Riful or Duph were more like antagonists). Since Pieta, no claymore was shown torn to shreds or butchered mercilessly... looks like people around here have got a little soft, so if Yagi wanted to remind everybody that 'war' means 'casualties', even if the mission hasn't been accomplished, jackpot!
Old 2010-09-01, 14:53   Link #155
Gooral
Banned

To anyone that is dissatisfied with current development, I strongly encourage you to read revan's amazing fanfiction. In there you will find out what would happen if Yagi didn't make a sucker out of Miria out of the blue. She really spreads her wings there and you can see how great leader and strategist she could have been. If you ask revan5 I'm sure he will send you a .doc version of it which is more convenient to read/print. Don't be a baby and ignore it just because it doesn't have pictures. You won't regret it, I assure you. I like it very much even though I don't like Miria (although after this chapter she boosted in my ranking, I thought she wanted to use Clare and that's why she left just after Clare wanted to but now I know I misjudged her).
Old 2010-09-01, 15:10   Link #156
LONEWOLF13

Such a cruel fate of the warrior may godesses have her soul an may the fallen be forever remembered as the finest.
Old 2010-09-01, 15:12   Link #157
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

It is the most cruel death a character could die after theresa.
Probably only really pure characters get such a death in claymore i hope clare will be an exception but clare has some darkness inside of her so perhaps she will live on
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1nQ2bncchs
Old 2010-09-01, 15:16   Link #158
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korinov View Post
Yup. Well, it happens quite a lot with any story when any important (and liked by the fandom) character dies... the 'ruined foreverrrrr!' trope. The thing is, we've been stuck years since any 'good' character died (Isley, Riful or Duph were more like antagonists). Since Pieta, no claymore was shown torn to shreds or butchered mercilessly... looks like people around here have got a little soft, so if Yagi wanted to remind everybody that 'war' means 'casualties', even if the mission hasn't been accomplished, jackpot!
Oh come on Korinov; don't be like that

It has nothing to do with fandom, it has to do with logic.

What, again, has Miria done to warrent her death? 106 was all about raising questions on Miria's stupidity in going to Staff alone. Now she's dead? So... Errrm okay?

It's rushed and anticlimatic; as I said before, characters are usually killed off when their purpose is complete, when they cannot go any further in their contributions, or they have left behind their legacy: all the characters thus far, have fallen into this mold, which is why, despite being a fan, it isn't so bad because we could have expected them to die.

Riful, Isley and all those characters you mentioned, Number 1, were all "good" characters with further potential: this isn't a black and white story with merely Good Guys and Bad Guys, so I'm not sure what this point means at all. I was saddened by all of their deaths, and they were all big players, so it's not like they were filler who didn't matter to the story at all. Teresa was the very same: the story simply could not continue with her power being as great as it was; something shocking and horrifying had to have happened, which is why, again, her death was somewhat predictable.

At the same time, I feel they all left behind a legacy and did major contributions to the story, so it really wasn't a big shock that their time had come: Isley, despite people saying that their was so much more that could have been done with him, made a war that changed the nature of the island, and in his own way, reformed. It's the same thing with Riful, Alicia, Beth and so on and so forth: they all showed their humanity in the end, left behind their legacy to be remembered(Raciella is the very product of Riful's designs for example), and, as brutal as their deaths were, it didn't leave you with nothing to show for it. Some fans, again, like with Isley, complain that more could have been done, but in a way, enough already was.

Now here we have Miria: currently the strongest hybrid warrior on the island; going off to Staff, by herself, to face the Organization alone, for some ridiculous reasons(I still don't even understand how the Organization heads even count as human beings)....and she dies. What are we supposed to think about? What has she done, what legacy has she left behind? What are we supposed to take from this? That she went off on her own on bizarre notions; to do what the entire Ghost team were to do together, instead shouldering everything by herself, and dying, what I feel to be, an embarrassing death? Isn't she supposed to be the strategist here?

On the surface, it's bad enough that Tabitha of all people lives longer then her....but this isn't just fan-complaining, this is just bad writing to me. You may argue that Isley and others had wasted potential, but Miria takes the cake.

I know this is all rants, when the chapter hasn't even come out yet, but I don't feel so bad when I think this is just a sign of things to come .
Old 2010-09-01, 15:18   Link #159
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Course right now the pictures are of a pretty bad quality, so I don't know for sure if that is part of Miria's head or just an dark part of the page. I assume she's dead, but hell, we may end up surprised next month. Now if Rubel has any brains, he'll find a reason to get off the island for a bit, just in case any of the other ghosts are still alive when the dust settles from the current events.
Old 2010-09-01, 15:21   Link #160
LONEWOLF13

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
It is the most cruel death a character could die after theresa.
Probably only really pure characters get such a death in claymore i hope clare will be an exception but clare has some darkness inside of her so perhaps she will live on
Theresa was killed out of hatred Miria was killed by Claymores who did there duty

Sorry that it sounds cruel but thats the way i see it
Closed Thread

Tags
claymore, manga