AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-04-28, 18:57   Link #61
GDB

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Alternate_Timeline

Timeline #1: This is the main timeline in which the Dragon Ball series takes place and ultimately leads to the Majin Buu story arc.

Timeline #2: This is the timeline belonging to Future Trunks and depicted in a few chapters of the manga. This is the timeline in which any version of Future Trunks did not visit the present timeline.

Timeline #3: This timeline follows a similar path to timeline 2 (however Cell states that in his timeline Frieza and Cold were killed by the Trunks of an unknown timeline), it notably changes on Future Trunks' second return from the past as in this timeline, Future Trunks returned with the android blueprints from timeline 4, not the massive power increase from timeline 1.

Timeline #4: This is the timeline where Future Trunks originally went to from timeline 3, and it is what timeline 1 would have been if only Future Trunks had gone back in time, but not Cell.
Old 2015-04-28, 19:12   Link #62
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

^This. My real question is whether SSGod will be in this new series. The series could easily take place before BoG, or after BoG but before Goku is ready to use SSGod at will. Or it could focus on non-Goku characters and SSGod won't be relevant (UNLIKELY!)
Old 2015-04-28, 19:13   Link #63
Samari
World's Greatest

Dragon Ball will always be my favorite manga of all time. Perhaps anime too. I've always been a fan of the story and it's characters. But along the way the show did jump the shark I had to say it. As I've gotten older and been exposed to more stories and learned more about storytelling, Dragon Ball does have it's flaws. Some major ones too. One of the most significant is keeping certain characters around that end up having nothing to do except provide exposition or make jokes after previously having been relevant to the narrative.

I'll definitely check this out of course since I'm a Dragon Ball fan at heart. However I am skeptical, and after Toriyama's recent involvement in the franchise my faith for another great story has waned a bit. I wasn't a fan of Battle of the Gods at all. I don't know how the new movie will do along with this new show. If Battle of the Gods is the direction they'll be going in, I'll most likely be disappointed. We shall see.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2015-04-28, 19:14   Link #64
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Now that clears everything.

Surprisingly here with if Bearus is saying there are other universes, could that mean these timelines and other alternate ones as well? and Z is our main DB timeline.
Old 2015-04-28, 19:49   Link #65
marvelB

Actually, if that whole thing about parallel universes is true, then can't we just consider GT's events to take place in one of those alternate universes? At least, that way it can be considered both canon AND non-canon at the same time!

And speaking of parallel universes.... I hope there's one with a Tao Pai Pai that's stronger than Freeza.
Old 2015-04-28, 20:17   Link #66
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Actually, if that whole thing about parallel universes is true, then can't we just consider GT's events to take place in one of those alternate universes? At least, that way it can be considered both canon AND non-canon at the same time!

And speaking of parallel universes.... I hope there's one with a Tao Pai Pai that's stronger than Freeza.
^^Not just GT. That kind of opened the door for non-canon characters from movies to become canon as well if they so choose. Perhaps even Brolly will become a canon character one day.
Old 2015-04-28, 21:14   Link #67
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well hoping that Funi can simulcast this
Old 2015-04-28, 22:00   Link #68
Sky Field

This is huge news, since the Dragon Ball series has influenced a crap load of battle shounen since its serialization. I love that there's no manga this time around. No spoilers to avoid, people can't bash the anime for not being the adaptation they want, and the staff doesn't need to worry about catching up to the manga, which should help with the pacing.

I really hope they don't limit themselves to the few years before the end of Z. An actual Super Saiyan form for Pan would be nice.
Old 2015-04-28, 23:27   Link #69
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

No, by the powers of millions of fans GT has been banned even from the multi-verse canon, at best it was all a food coma induced nightmare Goku had.

The movies on the other hand I always thought of taking place in different universes.

@GDB

Still not gonna take them as canon just on word of mouth, if there is anything I've learned is that plotpoints could change in the transition.

@kenjiharima

If they could make up a female Buu race they could have gone the extra mile and add Androids and Cell to the character creation races, androids as a branch of the human race and Cell it's own new race where you chose from which characters his/her dna comes from.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2015-04-29 at 21:24. Reason: Please use the "edit" button to add content to your post instead of posting multiple times.
Old 2015-04-29, 00:37   Link #70
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

GT in the game Xenoverse mentioned by the time traveler Trunks who is part of the Dragonball Online game said it exist, but he has not gone to that universe yet only the player can go there.
Old 2015-04-29, 06:50   Link #71
Idealist 99

I just want only One & one thing -

Goku gaining New Sayan form and Power that not only allow him to kick Every Superman's butt from every universe But also Punch ''Superman Prime'' from existence !
Old 2015-04-29, 07:04   Link #72
Vegard Aune

Whereas I would be rather happy if there were no new transformations in this series and they were to create drama through something other than "Oh noes this new villain is like 143729588395367898091024729343.2 times stronger than the last one, we need to train for a few years so that we can become strong enough to punch his head off!"
What would this something else be? I dunno, I'm not a screenwriter. I just want some variety. Something that requires Goku & co. to actually use their minds, come up with some strategy... Some villain who isn't necessarily stronger than what they've faced before, but has some sort of special ability or skill that makes them unable to just defeat him through brute force...
Old 2015-04-29, 08:36   Link #73
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

A reverse of the usual DBZ formula would be perfect here.

It's shown by Goku's departure at the Strongest Under The Heavens tournament Gohan has completely given up the Warrior's Path; enough so that he is not only an openly nerdy scholar with bad eyesight, but content to NOT participate in the tournament even his sweet little brother Goten has shown more enthusiasm in.

And even in the recently released "Ressurection of F" movie, it's shown he has already plummeted in power level to a mere shadow of his former self.

Hence rather than focusing on the cast getting stronger and stronger, a very relevant, continuity-friendly and above all heartfelt Character Arc would be:

Gohan and more importantly his father coming to terms with the fact that he simply is not a warrior at heart, and finally letting go of that past life.
Old 2015-04-29, 08:39   Link #74
moodie

so are we expecting the traditional dbz number of episodes?
Old 2015-04-29, 09:36   Link #75
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodie View Post
so are we expecting the traditional dbz number of episodes?
At the moment nothing has been announced. Chances are Toei's gonna just have it run for as long as it remains profitable though, so no episode-count is likely to have been set in stone just yet.

...Personally I'm hoping that at least each individual story-arc won't last for more than at most a year though. I mean come on, they're doing this without having to stay behind a weekly comic with an extremely dragged out pace. There is no reason for them to focus on one continuous battle against the same bad guy for two years straight here.
Old 2015-04-29, 09:39   Link #76
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Judging by its timeslot, it must be planned for one year, or about 50 episodes, at least.
Toei very rarely does shorter series, unless it's a late night show, like Kyousogiga or Mononoke.

Obviously the pacing is gonna be very different, since it's not an adaptation...but it doesn't need to be like GT, which was all over the place in that regard too.
Old 2015-04-29, 09:50   Link #77
anime fan99

I'm excited for this new series very bad, I must wait until the dub Dragon Ball is one of the few animes I can not watch SUB
Old 2015-04-29, 11:49   Link #78
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Gohan and more importantly his father coming to terms with the fact that he simply is not a warrior at heart, and finally letting go of that past life. [/i]
And then Piccolo's brother arrives from space and everyone is shocked back into action.
Old 2015-04-29, 14:02   Link #79
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
What would this something else be? I dunno, I'm not a screenwriter. I just want some variety. Something that requires Goku & co. to actually use their minds, come up with some strategy... Some villain who isn't necessarily stronger than what they've faced before, but has some sort of special ability or skill that makes them unable to just defeat him through brute force...

Personally, while I'd be all for villains who relied on something other than brute force to be a threat, I'm not entirely sure that would be fitting for DB as we know it now. I mean, at least earlier in the series we saw enemies who had more unique abilities (like some of the participants in the earlier tournament arcs, or some of the Red Ribbon villains like General Blue or that ninja guy), but I think it'll be a lot harder to be creative with your abilities when you have enough power to literally blow up a planet with the snap of a finger, lol. At this point, I think we just gotta turn to series like One Piece, Jojo, or HxH to expect the sort of villains you're describing.
Old 2015-04-29, 16:09   Link #80
Chosen_Hero

I just had a thought, what if this new series is just Dragon Ball GT just renamed?