AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-03, 17:11   Link #1
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

How to read/watch Tsubasa R. Chronicles

Hey guys, so a while back I posted about the xxxholic series and after listening to you guys I decided to watch the anime completely through (season 1, season 2, shunmuki, and rou as well...haven't gotten to the movie though). Anyway, I heard there were some things that were left out from the manga, and that xxxholic had a connection to tsubasa R. Chronicles (like during shunmuki, sakura + syaoran or something appeared, and it seems that Yuuko-san was the "middle-(wo)man" between these two universes?)

Anyway, I wanted to give TRC a shot, but everyone tells me the anime sucks. So where exactly did it "suck" in comparison to the manga? Can someone explain? Also, I will be reading the manga most likely (and if i have time, im going to try to read xxxholic manga with it too) so is there a specific routine i should follow? Someone said something about 10 chapters of TRC and 1 chapter of Xxxholic.

Finally, I heard TRC's 2 ovas (the ones that were made when they made xxxholic shunmuku) were really really good, so I want to watch those 2 at the right time. What do I read up to in the manga before watching those 2 episodes (so i don't get spoiled?).

Thanks so much :]
Old 2010-07-03, 17:16   Link #2
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The two seasons we had of Tsubasa were pretty good, though really didn't compare to what we should have got in terms of an adaptation of the manga. Plus the most of the filler added was quite painful at times. The two seasons are truly worth it though for the Yuki Kajiura score.

So yeah just going with the manga would be the best choice. As for reading xxxHolic alongside it, personally i don't think there is a way to do this. All i can say is just read one of them, and then go onto the next (obviously Tsubasa first seeing as though it's finished).

As for the two OVA's, yeah they are truly outstanding, and it's a shame Production IG didn't work on the two seasons. I say just watch them after you've read the manga.
Old 2010-07-03, 17:27   Link #3
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Mmmm thanks, so btw, does Yuuko appear in Tsubasa? And how often :X
Old 2010-07-03, 17:51   Link #4
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Mmmm thanks, so btw, does Yuuko appear in Tsubasa? And how often :X
She appears quite a bit in the Tsubasa manga It doesn't take long for you to see the role she'll play.
Old 2010-07-03, 21:14   Link #5
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

kk thanks shiroth :]!
Old 2010-07-04, 04:46   Link #6
Chike
Otaku!

Thanks for posting this topic miroku2192, I want to watch Tsubasa but I was afraid the anime wouldn't be as good as the little bit of the manga I read. So this indirectly helps me out :3
Old 2010-07-05, 23:22   Link #7
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

haha no problem, glad I managed to help someone else out in asking my own question :P!
Old 2010-07-27, 21:25   Link #8
Miizxpriimera

So if I didn't watch xxxholic, would I be confused about the Tsubasa chronicles? & I still don't know the order of it. Is it TRC, then the Tokyo Revelations OVA, the movie, then Shunraiki? Am I missing any?
Old 2010-07-28, 03:11   Link #9
tera_ha

watched both seasons, correct me if i am wrong, they never finished the anime right? wish they did, wonder why they stopped
Old 2010-07-28, 03:43   Link #10
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miizxpriimera View Post
So if I didn't watch xxxholic, would I be confused about the Tsubasa chronicles?
No. Both xxxHolic and Tsubasa Chronicle can be enjoyed alone without the other. It's just that they both form a complete package.

Quote:
& I still don't know the order of it. Is it TRC, then the Tokyo Revelations OVA, the movie, then Shunraiki? Am I missing any?
Tokyo Revelations can be watched after the second season, though you may be a little confused at what's going on. Same goes for watching Shunraiki. If you want the true Tsubasa Chronicle, experience, then you'll read the manga, because it was never completed in anime form, so you'll just end up lost and watching more if you go with the adaptations first.

& the film is anime original filler, and can be watched at any time.
Old 2010-07-28, 22:44   Link #11
Miizxpriimera

Thank you! I am currently reading the manga as of right now. I do have another question though, this Clow Reed. Sakura's, Syaoran's, and Fei Wong Reed's father?
Old 2010-07-29, 03:45   Link #12
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Thank you! I am currently reading the manga as of right now. I do have another question though, this Clow Reed. Sakura's, Syaoran's, and Fei Wong Reed's father?
It's best if you work that answer out for yourself. It'll come clear as you carry on reading the series.