Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-06-25, 19:41   Link #4041
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
well remember in the end they still "kids" and where totally unaware of the 'big war" until now, everything still "new to them" and most of the "gardens" where destroyed then they where almost back to 0, they only have they franxx as really big remains and being in darkness and without any guidance don't help either, it is a lot of things to process and think.
Or....more likely they were hoping that the Klax and VIRM took the war to a place that wouldn't affect them for a while.
Old 2018-06-25, 19:43   Link #4042
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Or....more likely they were hoping that the Klax and VIRM took the war to a place that wouldn't affect them for a while.
yeah, that too, also they don't had any space ship since the only one was from papa which take it away, only near the end which they ended getting a ship and a reason to go.
Old 2018-06-25, 23:07   Link #4043
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
The main reason why I've avoided Gundam until a friend of mine convinced me to watch 00 was precisely because it's mostly mechas blasting each other, political conspiracies and tons of deaths that leave me with a sour taste in the mouth.

P.S.: The one Gundam series I'm kinda enjoying watching is...obviously...Gundam Build Series
Okay, let me end this misunderstanding and misconception once and for all (at least in this thread). Gundam is not mostly about giant mechas blasting each other. If that’s the case, the franchise wouldn’t last this long and be this successful. Mobile Suit Gundam was actually the mecha anime that deconstructed such tired “only battles that matter”-formula that had been used by mecha shows throughout the 70s (starting from Mazinger Z). At the end of the 70s era, Mobile Suit Gundam (1979) promoted more character exploration & development and less focus on the specification of the robots but doubling down on the world-building making it one of the most balanced mecha shows ever, and it’s still is. Heck, Char Aznable from the franchise is one of the most iconic anime characters in Japan for good reasons and the franchise continues that tradition:
TL;DR…

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Only IBO did I skip Cour2 because I didn't feel like watching it, and later got confirmation that it might have been the right choice.
As for IBO, you made the right choice with skipping Cour 2. The first season ended on the high point for the show.
I actually think the high point is at the second half of Season 2. It's excellent and the writer & director brought the show to a direction that few would bring (in a good way). It reminds me of Brian De Palma's gangster movies but with military & giant robots. But if you don't like tragic stories, I understand why you chose not to experience it.
Old 2018-06-25, 23:54   Link #4044
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Please, can we just keep discussion on-topic with Darling in the Franxx?

On-Topic
Discussing the debacle on whether it is wise or not for the Parasites on Earth to rebuild rather than go after and fighting the VRIM in space, this is a route that depends on several factors and play out circumstances.

For starters, the parasites throughout their lives have been bio-engineered, bred, born, raised, and educated to pilot Franxx in order to fend off the supposed enemy, the klaxxosaurs.
Before the VRIM big reveal, they did not see themselves living free outside that way of life hardly knowing anything about either their world inside a cage or the outside world. The only truth for them, however, was that they could find their worth by piloting Franxx, and, thus, they accepted authority or orders for the most part, as they grew up being taught that Papa was their true caretaker and only source for truth.

Then, here came the game changer during the Battle for the Grand Crevasse as Papa revealed to the Earth as an alien life-form, which sole mission was to eradicate the Klaxxosaur if it meant blowing down the Earth with all the Parasites and adults, and, then, VRIM left with so much as a warning to Earth that they'll return some time in the future to finish them off due to the fiasco with the aborted explosion.

After that big surprise, most of the parasites were left confused and shocked as to whom their real enemy was all along, and who they must be fighting. The figure and authority they came to absolutely trust and obey through indoctrination came out as an imposter that not only betray their illusions but shattered as well the foundations and concepts they had for their life purpose.
"If Papa deceived us all this time and was the true enemy all along, then what we have been doing all this time if not piloting Franxx? Please, somebody tell us what we have to do. What is our purpose to being born in this world?"

Pretty much that betrayal coupled with loads of incessant doubts and questions provoked that most parasites imploded whether be internally or externally. Everything and everyone was in disarray with shock, anxiety, confusion, fear, and despair because their symbol turned out to be a fake that abandoned them all alone to their own devices and in the dark.
The Parasites were trying to pull themselves together in an attempt to assess their current situation and starting to adapt to their new environment with Papa gone forever to tell them what to do, but many of them still could not cope with the recent paradigm shift and kept on dreading about what would be the outcome of their lives just waiting without doing anything.

Now, factoring all of that, let's return to answer the big question: Is it wise for the Parasites to rebuild rather than go fighting the VRIM in space after the aliens made clear with their warning that they'll eventually return to destroy the Earth?

My answer is in human nature that we tackle the threats in our front door or personal backyards instead of worrying and planning to take care of the threats looming miles away from our homes.

Everything on Earth is in chaos, and they are trying to keep themselves together. Their short-term focus now lies for them to make ends meet with their own efforts and sweat in order to fulfill their basic needs for survival, as all the (Immortal) adults are gone, the current status-quo has been flushed down the toilet, resources are limited, most of technology is not functioning and the remaining one is barely operational, and worst is that most of Earth's soil has been rendered hollow and barren for decades due to relentlessly mining of magma energy.

Thinking about going to space to fight the VRIM neither crossed nor computed within the minds of the Parasites. Heck, even Squad 13 disbelieved and balked at the idea when Hiro told them he was going to space to save Zero Two.
It took them a time of self-reflection and being open and honest with their own fears for Squad 13 to make up their minds and willingly chose to go with Hiro to Mars.

This is another running theme contained in many Trigger shows: the cast or protagonist given the choice whether to retire to live a comfy life or to wait for death or to fight their way through.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-26, 00:59   Link #4045
Nymene

Guys, I think it would make for a very cute scene if when fighting VIRM in the next 2 episodes, Zorome protected Miku or something from some sort of danger, and in the midst of it, confessed his love to Miku.

They're both tsunderes and both will not be honest with their feelings in peacetime and normal time, but in a time of crisis where they could die any time in the battlefield, he might just express his feelings just to ensure he could manage to do so before he probably dies.

Then at the end we can see a double wedding ceremony for Hiro x Zero Two and Zorome x Miku. How's that ?
Nymene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-26, 01:52   Link #4046
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymene View Post
Guys, I think it would make for a very cute scene if when fighting VIRM in the next 2 episodes, Zorome protected Miku or something from some sort of danger, and in the midst of it, confessed his love to Miku.

They're both tsunderes and both will not be honest with their feelings in peacetime and normal time, but in a time of crisis where they could die any time in the battlefield, he might just express his feelings just to ensure he could manage to do so before he probably dies.

Then at the end we can see a double wedding ceremony for Hiro x Zero Two and Zorome x Miku. How's that ?
But confessing while in a battlefield is a death flag imo.
Old 2018-06-26, 06:19   Link #4047
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But confessing while in a battlefield is a death flag imo.
Actually, confessing during a battle is quite rare. Usually, many anime characters confess their love before or after the battle. The death flag is usually raised for those who confess or say "I'll see you again after this" or something along those lines before battles.
Old 2018-06-26, 10:18   Link #4048
wissenschaft

An actual "death flag" in the show was Zero Two and Hiro promising to be together forever and to find each other if separated while ridding down into the grand crevasse. By the end of the episode, Zero-Two seems to be dead.

Watching that touching scene made me nervous for good reason. But then this show is full of "death flags" that never trigger so at this point I'm assuming we are getting a happy ending and all these death flags were just red herrings.
Old 2018-06-27, 13:38   Link #4049
LG-MAX 2.o

Images
best couple
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2018-06-27 at 18:54. Reason: Please use either thumbnails or the [images] tag for large pictures.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-27, 17:57   Link #4050
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Actually, confessing during a battle is quite rare. Usually, many anime characters confess their love before or after the battle. The death flag is usually raised for those who confess or say "I'll see you again after this" or something along those lines before battles.
I don't remember what, I'm pretty sure I've seen a movie/TV show/anime/something in which two characters married during a battle .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-27, 18:47   Link #4051
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
I don't remember what, I'm pretty sure I've seen a movie/TV show/anime/something in which two characters married during a battle .
pirates of the caribbean franchise, the main couple was married during a battle and barbosa was the priest
Old 2018-06-27, 18:59   Link #4052
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
pirates of the caribbean franchise, the main couple was married during a battle and barbosa was the priest
Right, that .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-28, 07:06   Link #4053
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Preview is out
Spoiler for ep23:
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-28, 08:55   Link #4054
PhoenixRising

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
Preview is out
Spoiler for ep23:
Spoiler:

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 2018-06-28 at 09:17.
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-28, 09:11   Link #4055
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Translated Preview of Epi 23

Spoiler for Thoughts:
Old 2018-06-28, 11:19   Link #4056
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Translated Preview of Epi 23

Spoiler for Thoughts:
Spoiler for response:
Old 2018-06-28, 11:23   Link #4057
Jord
Banned

Spoiler for Preview:
Jord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-28, 15:59   Link #4058
Kazu-kun

Spoiler for preview:
Old 2018-06-28, 17:25   Link #4059
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jord View Post
Spoiler for Preview:
It appear this time they have some sort of modification .

Also , why people not asking question why Gundam can operate in Space and on land perfectly ?
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-28, 17:46   Link #4060
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
It appear this time they have some sort of modification .

Also , why people not asking question why Gundam can operate in Space and on land perfectly ?
One of the advantages of the mobile suits in Gundam is that they can operate both on land and in space. There can be custom suits developed for one environment but the mass production suits like Zaku 2 are made to handle any environment.

Since the franxx are made of Kalosaurs and those Kalosaurs have no problem fighting in space, I see no reason why the Franxx can't do the same.