AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-08-31, 13:29   Link #121
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
if orochi is truly a 'good guy' then that will be the ultimate insult from this story. his reasoning for him being good is as shaky as itachi's reasoning was for when he killed his clan: "just 'cause".

i wont buy him being good until the story ends with him reading a bedtime story to sasuke's kid
Well I'm not really saying he is good guy per se. He just declared he is gonna follow sasuke which I believe. Now will he take advantage of opportunities along the way? More likely than not. I jus think when it comes to madara, at this point we are more likely to see sasuke use the jutsu hashirama gave him than oro attempting to take over which can't possibly happen seeing as how sasuke thwarted his attempt in the past
Old 2014-08-31, 13:36   Link #122
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
at this point we are more likely to see sasuke use the jutsu hashirama gave him than oro attempting to take over which can't possibly happen seeing as how sasuke thwarted his attempt in the past
i'm not saying it will definitely happen, but what do you mean by this? sasuke beat an extremely weak orochi with no arms/hand sealing ability. this is a totally different scenario
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-31, 13:43   Link #123
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
i'm not saying it will definitely happen, but what do you mean by this? sasuke beat an extremely weak orochi with no arms/hand sealing ability. this is a totally different scenario
Strength is all that matters. Oro can't best sasuke now let alone madara. Even if he had another 6 arms.

Oro was weak then. Sasuke stronger by default.
The gap remains. The scenario matters not
Old 2014-08-31, 13:43   Link #124
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Naruto was the guy who called Obito the coolest guy who ever lived, despite the fact he killed his parents and was partially responsible for the fall of the Uchiha, the Kyuubi attack, and deaths of over 40,000. Including the complete destruction of Kumo. Naruto is prone to flights of fancy. That is a nice way of saying he can be an idiot.
Well yes, it's Naruto
BTW 40,000 of 80,000 died just on the 1st day. Then came the night where Zetsus disguised as alliance ninja and were killing people left and right. Then came the kages who killed a lot more. Then came Madara's meteors that killed almost everybody who were with Gaara. And it's only then that the 10-tails began to kill not only the army but also Kumo village with it's headquarters. I think there were probably less than a 1,000 ninja left by the time they were put into the IT tree. That's like 99% of all the army was killed in action. I just didn't see enough emphasis on that from Kishimoto to believe that it will stay like that. But more importantly as you said Naruto is too happy now, so i wonder if Kishimoto just plans to revive all those who died in these 2 days and that's why he lets Naruto be so carelessly happy and also say things like he said to Obito. You know when Naruto does something extremely stupid but it turns out to be the right thing when you look back, because Kishimoto just makes so that no matter how stupid Naruto acts he somehow is right in the end And sure we complained about these things a lot, since these are cheap ways to help the hero.

Quote:
The only thing Neji did of note for the last 500 chapters, was die. Why the hell would you want him back? Kishi is not doing an entire arc, at the end of the manga, to explain the byakugan. The people who died in the war should stay dead. No one died of any real importance.
Well we all know that Neji and his clan were neglected by the author for a long time but as it was with Kabuto it can turn out that he inteds him to have some further role. Maybe not in the manga but in some anime "filler" that he himself writes. Or maybe in a movie. This story is pure gold for everybody involved, they surely won't let it just end. And if so why not give to the anime team or those who make movies some ideas upon which they could build their stories. Surely the story of the Hyuuga centered around Hinata in Neji in the present and centered around the Sage's brother in the past would be much better than having Naruto do his 100th form of rasengan and yell his usual talk no jutsu.

Quote:
The only major issue left, unless Kishi creates another one, is getting everyone out of IT. I imagine whatever Sasuke does, will happen after that, since we badly need to see the other characters after the horrible Kaguya arc.
Sasuke is the last "issue", he is very strong and has the determination to change the world as he thinks would be better, and that surely is the main source of conflict with Naruto. Also there are people like Orochimaru with him, which makes things more interesting. But i just don't see how would Sasuke be able to compete with Naruto for the hokage title if nobody is on his side. On the other hand if he personally does a mass resurrection of these dead people then it might be a big plus for him. Of course in this reasoning i ruled out the possibility that he will simply want to use brute force to take the hokage title. But that could also happen, but i would really not like to see another 1 man vs the whole world situation, that doesn't sound right. Also i think Sasuke is smarter than that, trying to take a hokage title simply by force would just make him a criminal, maybe not a common criminal, but still someone who would not be able to get that title even if nobody would dare to try to capture him as a criminal. Then he would become a lonely man that has no village and is disliked by the big 5 villages. I think he would instead try to make a plan to take the title.

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2014-08-31 at 13:58.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-31, 13:52   Link #125
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Well yes, it's Naruto
BTW 40,000 of 80,000 died just on the 1st day. Then came the night where Zetsus disguised as alliance ninja and were killing people left and right. Then came the kages who killed a lot more. Then came Madara's meteors that killed almost everybody who were with Gaara. And it's only then that the 10-tails began to kill not only the army but also Kumo village with it's headquarters. I think there were probably less than a 1,000 ninja left by the time they were put into the IT tree. That's like 99% of all the army was killed in action. I just didn't see enough emphasis on that from Kishimoto to believe that it will stay like that. But more importantly as you said Naruto is too happy now, so i wonder if Kishimoto just plans to revive all those who died in these 2 days and that's why he lets Naruto be so carelessly happy and also say things like he said to Obito. You know when Naruto does something extremely stupid but it turns out to be the right thing when you look back, because Kishimoto just makes so that no matter how stupid Naruto acts he somehow is right in the end And sure we complained about these things a lot, since these are cheap ways to help the hero.

Well we all know that Neji and his clan were neglected by the author for a long time but as it was with Kabuto it can turn out that he inteds him to have some further role. Maybe not in the manga but in some anime "filler" that he himself writes. Or maybe in a movie. This story is pure gold for everybody involved, they surely won't let it just end. And if so why not give to the anime team or those who make movies some ideas upon which they could build their stories. Surely the story of the Hyuuga centered around Hinata in Neji in the present and centered around the Sage's brother in the past would be much better than having Naruto do his 100th form of rasengan and yell his usual talk no jutsu.

Sasuke is the last "issue", he is very strong and has the determination to change the world as he thinks would be better, and that surely is the main source of conflict with Naruto. Also there are people like Orochimaru with him, which makes things more interesting.
And let us not forget, when the sun rises, it will be narutos birthday. So much cheesecake on the way
Old 2014-08-31, 15:33   Link #126
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
Strength is all that matters. Oro can't best sasuke now let alone madara. Even if he had another 6 arms.

Oro was weak then. Sasuke stronger by default.
The gap remains. The scenario matters not
you omitted orochi having hashi cells now. but i guess we'll see what happens

kabutomaru was confident he would be able to take over current sasuke's body
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-31, 18:31   Link #127
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
you omitted orochi having hashi cells now. but i guess we'll see what happens

kabutomaru was confident he would be able to take over current sasuke's body
Nah. My take on oro having hash cells was only helped to strengthen the binding of ET.
And even with the zetsu body I don't think he stronger.
Besides the story has progressed beyond orochimaru who was ultimately just another pawn. Now it's about changing this system.

Ultimately it's what kishi decides. (Can anybody recommend a good graphic designer? Pm me please). My hope is that we have moved on from orochimaru.
And if iirc kabutomaru's fail is one of the major factors that prompted oro to give up

Last edited by Artimus_Prime; 2014-08-31 at 18:48.
Artimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 12:11   Link #128
JSnow

Am I the only one who thinks the story and writing have gotten really really weak? I love naruto and all the great story arcs that are coming together but it seems they're doing so in a very clumsy way. Like the writer didn't really have a plan for the end game. I hope I'm wrong but I have been greatly disappointed recently. Sorry for bringing this up here but I can't post my own thread.
JSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 18:17   Link #129
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnow View Post
Am I the only one who thinks the story and writing have gotten really really weak? I love naruto and all the great story arcs that are coming together but it seems they're doing so in a very clumsy way. Like the writer didn't really have a plan for the end game. I hope I'm wrong but I have been greatly disappointed recently. Sorry for bringing this up here but I can't post my own thread.
I already dropped the anime long ago, because the BS in the fillers and its very inconsistent power levels, where Naruto himself suddenly gets super weak to make it seem that the "villains of the week" are at least some kind of threat, just got too annoying.

The manga, as you noticed, started to drop in quality as well, lately. But since this could possibly be the end, I decided to continue reading it for now.
Old 2014-09-02, 23:45   Link #130
JSnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
I already dropped the anime long ago, because the BS in the fillers and its very inconsistent power levels, where Naruto himself suddenly gets super weak to make it seem that the "villains of the week" are at least some kind of threat, just got too annoying.

The manga, as you noticed, started to drop in quality as well, lately. But since this could possibly be the end, I decided to continue reading it for now.
yea, that's pretty much where I'm at
Old 2014-09-03, 02:48   Link #131
Kumagawa

I've changed my mind, Naruto will end in 3 chapters to mark Naruto's 15 years of publication.
Kumagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-03, 16:06   Link #132
JSnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumagawa View Post
I've changed my mind, Naruto will end in 3 chapters to mark Naruto's 15 years of publication.
And your ok with that!? I mean if this is really the end wow!! No Sasuke/naruto fight!? No major casualties in that huge war!?!?(sorry I don't consider neji or shikumaru dad major character) I mean seriously tens of thousands of ppl died but no body of note. I wasn't expecting a blood bath but this whole last major fight (s) have been weak!! And if this is the end its a real shame
Old 2014-09-03, 18:11   Link #133
Kumagawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnow View Post
And your ok with that!? I mean if this is really the end wow!! No Sasuke/naruto fight!? No major casualties in that huge war!?!?(sorry I don't consider neji or shikumaru dad major character) I mean seriously tens of thousands of ppl died but no body of note. I wasn't expecting a blood bath but this whole last major fight (s) have been weak!! And if this is the end its a real shame
Go read Gantz, I survived that garbage ending and Naruto ending now would be fine in comparison.

Personally a final Naruto and Sasuke fight never got me excited so not having it before ending would be fine to me.

So who do you consider important characters? just the original team 7, Tsunade, Gaara and Gai? there the only characters with significantly more panel time than some of those who have died.

You do realise that 25% of the entire manga up to the current chapter has been the war arc right? (based on it starting with chapter 515 and the respective armies assembling).
Kumagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-03, 20:26   Link #134
JSnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumagawa View Post
Go read Gantz, I survived that garbage ending and Naruto ending now would be fine in comparison.

Personally a final Naruto and Sasuke fight never got me excited so not having it before ending would be fine to me.

So who do you consider important characters? just the original team 7, Tsunade, Gaara and Gai? there the only characters with significantly more panel time than some of those who have died.

You do realise that 25% of the entire manga up to the current chapter has been the war arc right? (based on it starting with chapter 515 and the respective armies assembling).
My favorite characters are itachi, shikumaru, and Minato but when I said major character I was thinking a member of team 7 or a Kage. My own guess was that sakura would die some how (possibly by Sasuke) and that would cause naruto to become a little dark for awhile. If this is the end it just seems too safe and generic

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion