AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-01-14, 13:22   Link #41
Blaat

Can't believe I'm saying this but this and Mob Psycho are making me look forward to Mondays.

Last edited by Blaat; 2019-01-14 at 16:51.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-14, 14:31   Link #42
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Can't believe I'm saying but this and Mob Psycho is making me look forward to Mondays.
Me too. Still, I'm not sure how I would prefer Hyokkimaru's characterization. Ever read Vagabond? Kojiro there was somehow different to read but he still put some gestures to give the reader an idea. I guess Dororo was made talkative to balance Hyokkimaru's lack of dialogues
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-14, 18:53   Link #43
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'm kinda surprised at how easy it is for Hyakkimaru to kill the monsters with his organs. Almost feels a bit anticlimactic.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-14, 19:44   Link #44
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I'm kinda surprised at how easy it is for Hyakkimaru to kill the monsters with his organs. Almost feels a bit anticlimactic.
He does make it look really easy. Having no sense of pain probably helped, so now that he has it back it may get harder for him. In fact, I'm thinking his journey will get harder the more of his body he gets back. Gaining his eyes back for example would be a disadvantage unless he gets to keep his supernatural sight.
Old 2019-01-14, 20:10   Link #45
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
He didn't actually lose his eye. You can see him opening it when he's about to be eaten. Even if he did lose his eye, that doesn't justify killing a kid and the other two going along with it.
In that day and age? That is questionable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Well, he is obviously incredibly strong at the moment.
Also, on a more meta side, they already shortened the setting to 12 monsters. They don't have time to dilly-dally.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-15, 07:26   Link #46
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

As I said about Kyousougiga, this series doesn't just remind me of why I love anime - it reminds me of why I became a fan in the first place.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-15, 10:22   Link #47
zztop

Has Asada Hiroyuki given up doing manga for good?
I noticed after Tegami Bachi he didn't produce any more titles; instead he was doing designs for Cheer Danshi, Akanesasu Shoujo and now Dororo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Me too. Still, I'm not sure how I would prefer Hyokkimaru's characterization. Ever read Vagabond? Kojiro there was somehow different to read but he still put some gestures to give the reader an idea. I guess Dororo was made talkative to balance Hyokkimaru's lack of dialogues
This is a big departure from the source manga; Hyakkimaru could speak and had dialogue when the story started. Even the live action movie had Hyakkimaru talk as well (their explanation was an artificial voicebox.)

I'm guessing anime Hyakkimaru will get more dialogue later, once he gets his vocal cords back.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-15, 11:31   Link #48
Renchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Has Asada Hiroyuki given up doing manga for good?
I noticed after Tegami Bachi he didn't produce any more titles; instead he was doing designs for Cheer Danshi, Akanesasu Shoujo and now Dororo.
I think so, I remember reading his announcement tweet. It's kinda shame since he's been around since 1990s
Renchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-15, 13:31   Link #49
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
He does make it look really easy. Having no sense of pain probably helped, so now that he has it back it may get harder for him. In fact, I'm thinking his journey will get harder the more of his body he gets back. Gaining his eyes back for example would be a disadvantage unless he gets to keep his supernatural sight.
Good point. I wonder if the ending will entail a dilemna where he ultimately gives up on the last one for the sake of preserving what he gained apart from his organs.
Old 2019-01-15, 14:12   Link #50
Nivek von Beldo

Still very unique style, seems like always an ad for the manga but very nice done, we learn more of Hyaku supernatural abilities too
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-15, 17:37   Link #51
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Hyakkimaru has a seiyuu, so it seems inevitable he’s going to speak at some point. We have two cours to work with- we’ll get there.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-15, 19:09   Link #52
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Hyakkimaru has a seiyuu, so it seems inevitable he’s going to speak at some point. We have two cours to work with- we’ll get there.
I don't think anybody ever questioned that. It's always been a matter of when, not if.

Him being unable to communicate with others in the anime raises questions though, like how he was taught how to write considering he's deaf, mute, and blind. I don't have a clue how it worked. Albeit, he's not completely blind.
Old 2019-01-16, 01:04   Link #53
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
I have a feeling that Dororo is actually a girl
Sorta convinced of this already... the OP has a few shots where they focus so much on Dororo's skirt and kinda girlish pose. Then this EP had a few movements where I felt like they were drawing attention to that too. And he looks way too Kawaii in the ending splash. Given that this is an Osamu work I don't fear that we will have shoehorned romance but I would hope to be wrong about "her" in any case. But we have 2 cours and maybe there's enough time to pull a twist like that and do justice to it. There were also some hints towards Dororo's family situation being potentially very complex (dead mom but the OP has what look like happy parents??? and since only mom was mentioned, dad's still alive I guess) so we'll see.

Regarding Hyakkimaru's skills, I am not sure how he learned to write complex Kanji and be an expert sword-fighter either with all that's stacked against him but the narration did say he had superhuman ability. Hopefully the mechanics get explained but otherwise I am okay with chucking it to the supernatural.

Excellent episode again overall though. Some Mononoke vibes in there too heh.
Old 2019-01-16, 17:07   Link #54
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I'm pretty sure Dororo is female, based off the way she is drawn (in the anime, of course).

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-16, 17:32   Link #55
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I'm pretty sure Dororo is female, based off the way she is drawn (in the anime, of course).
as a child make sense as not develop...let me guess she will become a demon and hyaku will be forced to decide? IF NOT...he already have his waifu already
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-16, 18:50   Link #56
Applehell

Interesting, so the more demons Hyakkimaru slays the weaker the fortune they granted country or this in case Daigo becomes. That relationships and allainces forged under that power and this region under a war. I wouldn't be surpirsed if fanime and such things might come back. It certainly poses another interesting moral conundrum. That said with all bodies laying around and villagers and travellers being eaten by demons it's not this land was exactly peaceful, people are just now unkowningly being sacrificed to demons even beyond Hyakkimaru instead just mostly killing each other.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-17, 02:06   Link #57
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Sorta convinced of this already... the OP has a few shots where they focus so much on Dororo's skirt and kinda girlish pose. Then this EP had a few movements where I felt like they were drawing attention to that too. And he looks way too Kawaii in the ending splash. Given that this is an Osamu work I don't fear that we will have shoehorned romance but I would hope to be wrong about "her" in any case. But we have 2 cours and maybe there's enough time to pull a twist like that and do justice to it. There were also some hints towards Dororo's family situation being potentially very complex (dead mom but the OP has what look like happy parents??? and since only mom was mentioned, dad's still alive I guess) so we'll see.

Regarding Hyakkimaru's skills, I am not sure how he learned to write complex Kanji and be an expert sword-fighter either with all that's stacked against him but the narration did say he had superhuman ability. Hopefully the mechanics get explained but otherwise I am okay with chucking it to the supernatural.

Excellent episode again overall though. Some Mononoke vibes in there too heh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Nah, I don't think so, is probably than this is how the design of Dororo translates to the actual moe, but yeah, is strangely cute.

Also, I hear than originally was like 48 demons or so? damn what a good luck for poor Hyakkimaru.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-17, 05:49   Link #58
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Tezuka title given decent treatment. About time. But still a bit melancholic given how many other good Tezuka titles won't ever even be considered for adaptation.
Old 2019-01-18, 16:55   Link #59
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I've got this damn song stuck in my head now.
Old 2019-01-18, 19:35   Link #60
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Anyone know who did the illustrations of Hyakkimaru and Dororo in the ED? The artstyle looks familiar.