AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 24 18.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 21.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 21.80%
7 out of 10 : Good 31 23.31%
6 out of 10 : Average 13 9.77%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.50%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.26%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.50%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.75%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-22, 22:00   Link #61
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

I saw a lot of Thai names (I think 4 of them)
Old 2008-05-22, 22:01   Link #62
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
So this is the equivalent of Code Geass R2 Episode 05 excepting that that one actually had good animation. I'm going to have a blast with this one I bet.
As far as surface deep comparisons go, you probably just won the prize of the week

Still, a nice episode (once I get around to watching it :P). Did they just copy-paste the teacher's frame in both transfer scenes? How cheap
Old 2008-05-22, 22:03   Link #63
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymphonicRain View Post
Some thoughts:
Spoiler:
For someone who will grab a Zentradi panty just to be able to write the song phrases in her head, I would say....yes, she loves music. But I wouldn't put it past her to love the skies too. Just that, if she really decided to become a pilot, all her big talk about singing last episode are nothing but lies. But hey, she can do pilot part-time, then be a singer full-time. Though, I dunno how that'll work considering her schedule might be hectic.

Since this isn't reality, it'll probably work out if Kawamori wants it to. lol

*EDIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugia_Tsuyu View Post
Somehow I feel like I want to go for Brera x Runka =_=, He's such an interesting character (don't forget handsome.)
Oh wow, another Brera fan? Cool. ^.^
Old 2008-05-22, 22:04   Link #64
Westlo
Lets be reality

Who says she can't do both? *fires speaker pods* LISTEN TO MY SONG! Still her joining the piloting course is probably more to do with having free time and wanting to be with Alto.
Old 2008-05-22, 22:04   Link #65
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Some thoughts:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-05-22, 22:12   Link #66
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
As far as surface deep comparisons go, you probably just won the prize of the week

Still, a nice episode (once I get around to watching it :P). Did they just copy-paste the teacher's frame in both transfer scenes? How cheap
So they aren't making the world's biggest Deculture after all?
Old 2008-05-22, 22:15   Link #67
SymphonicRain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo
Who says she can't do both? *fires speaker pods* LISTEN TO MY SONG! Still her joining the piloting course is probably more to do with having free time and wanting to be with Alto.
God. The horrors! The only reason why I loved the Fire Bombers was not the TV series, but how awesome they were in Super Robot Wars.

Though I personally hope they won't take such a drastic step as Macross 7 managed pulled off. I don't mean to be mean, but Macross 7 has its own set of viewers and fans which I don't think the old fans of original Macross and the new fans of Macross Frontier will come to love and appreciate.

However I do not mind if Sheryl gets her own morale boosting mecha in the next SRW series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm
Spoiler:
I guess you raised valid points. Too early to speculate about until later for now.
Old 2008-05-22, 22:31   Link #68
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Finally finished viewing Episode 8. As many of us already pointed out, this is perhaps the worst episode, quality-wise, so far. Although it is understandable, considering Mr. Kawamori have not billions of yens to throw around, that and we got Episode 7, didn't we?

As for an episode itself, I have not so much problem with it. We seldom remember that people like Alto and co. are still in their late teens, and most definitely attended some form of institution in a society where education is compulsory. Unfortunately, this entire episode made Japanese kids all look like sexual predators... *sigh* (Ok ok, so they can go for millions on Ebay, but thats quite another story)

Not to mention, we see references from ZERO !

So at the end, we finally witnessed Kira Yamato in person, and still not much known about him. Although I am certain Mr. Hoshi is duly pissed as he had but one single line after two episodes Clearly, Kawamori had taken the lessons from Destiny quite seriously

- Tak
Old 2008-05-22, 22:33   Link #69
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadorna View Post
Listen to my Songggggg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadorna View Post
Listen to my Songggggg
Exactly.

Which is why I am ever-hopeful that the Fire Valkyrie is going to fly out of nowhere sometime and start popping off Speaker Pods.
Which makes me wonder if Sheryl actually met the guy as a child.

Obviously she's not a copy cat like British Bomber or Fire Bomber American.

Like Alto she doesn't like being contained by colony.

Here comes a guy traveling the galaxy in his red valkyrie, singing to move mountains and the universe.

Sheryl likes to have freedom like that.

Imagine little Sheryl like Pedro emulating what she sees in the Galaxy Network namely Nekki Basara.

Hence... LISTEN TO MY SONG!
Old 2008-05-22, 22:42   Link #70
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I really have a very, and I mean, very difficult time imagining Sheryl imitating a certain 'FIRE BOMBER', singing pieces like "PLANET DANCE".

No man, that just... doesn't work.

- Tak
Old 2008-05-22, 23:07   Link #71
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

When I first saw Sheryl I thought she was gonna be like Lacus from Gundam Seed (Sweet, smart, and and very formal.) But afer I keep watching...Sheryl image is FAR FAR away from what thought she would be.
Old 2008-05-22, 23:08   Link #72
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yeah Sheryl's actually interesting!
Old 2008-05-22, 23:13   Link #73
jonli
JONLIの憂'

HAhaha, the Ranka carrot scene is so adorable!

Those Zentradi kids are so cute! I wish I had little singing aliens in carrot suits when I was a kid . (that's a pretty smart advertising tactic).
Old 2008-05-22, 23:47   Link #74
Zekori

Quote:
Some thoughts:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Side note the animation was downed, but eh the story remained decent and I rather have the money being poured into better battlefield episodes.
Old 2008-05-22, 23:54   Link #75
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekori View Post

Side note the animation was downed, but eh the story remained decent and I rather have the money being poured into better battlefield episodes.
Budget man budget.

They can't do it every ep.
Old 2008-05-22, 23:56   Link #76
wao
OK.

Oh god, Ranka just can't get any more cute than she is this episode. I'm more thrown off by the extreme sense of "did I watch the correct anime this week?" than the animation quality, obviously you guys have not seen Noein or something because Satelight really is one of the most lenient studios when it comes to animation model consistency... Didn't Ranka seem pretty normal through the whole episode though? I might have missed some parts but it seemed as if she alone looked pretty cute no matter what.

Personally I was more put off by the pacing of the episode, it's all silly when you first watch it but somehow when you sit and think about it... it was a very very typical anime school-life episode and we've all seen the exact same antics in countless other shows.

...Then again, I wasn't watching Macross Frontier on the lookout for originality, so I don't know what I should be complaining about Nevertheless this episode really didn't click with me at all, although what really is up with the ending...

Also let me throw in a hope for some more Alto-centric development that isn't just him being manly and yelling while pwning alien ass and angsting about not saving people's lives; sometimes I just don't get what he's thinking...
Old 2008-05-23, 00:28   Link #77
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Wow I just rewatched episode 8.

Seriously this Anime's doing a really good job in advertising their characters and making them likable. When I first saw the designs for both Sheryl and Ranka, I wasn't too particularly attracted to them (not like Kallen, where she simply awoken my primal instincts).

The more I watch Frontier the more I find Sheryl and Ranka attractive (sheryl more though). Even characters like Mikhail and Klan Klan (not a lot of development) catches my attention.

Good job Frontier!

Edit: I'd also like to point out that, rarely can I enjoy a Mecha Anime when the entire episode is just characters talking, and having fun. When it comes to Frontier characters, I actually enjoy watching them interact. Imagine Kira and Lacus just talking for an entire episode in Gundam Seed, and going out on a date...so boring.
"Kira!"
"Lacus, but Cagalli is crying."
"Why are we in this world? Kira? Why do we have to fight?"
"But, Cagalli is crying."

Last edited by jonli; 2008-05-23 at 00:55.
Old 2008-05-23, 01:05   Link #78
ReddyRedWolf

That cinches it that little critter having three eyes is , maybe, Zolan wildlife. (If you can call Protoculture genetic engineered pets as wildlife)

The Zolan snake is three eyed snake like creature that is usually wraped around a Zolan's neck. Most of the time they are asleep.

Zolans are a miclone race who resemble elfin eared Zentradi.

Every year their world Zola is visited by migrating space whales.

Zolan snakes are intelligent. Zolans can communicate with them. Also Zolan snakes can read Protoculture writings.

Now that critter is definitely Brera Stern's pet but the plot thickens as he owns a Protoculture pet.

Brera could either be a Zentradi , a Zolan or another race that has joined the UN.
Old 2008-05-23, 01:17   Link #79
deffusse
otaku[SK]

realy good and funny ep. but actualy WTF is with
Spoiler for ep9preview:
Old 2008-05-23, 01:22   Link #80
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugia_Tsuyu View Post
I saw a lot of Thai names (I think 4 of them)
My mistake. Those were the names I thought might be Filipino. But they are all credited in the backgrounds section, not for animation. All the animation names are Japanese, except for two companies: "Satelite Osaka" and "drop." I guess either of them could be subcontracting foreigners, but there are no non-Japanese names credited for animation. There is a European-sounding name (French/Polish) credited for set decoration.

As for Noein's inconsistency, wao, I had no problem with that at all. I loved the look of that show. But I guess this more conventional style of animation requires more consistency to make me feel comfortable. I do think you're right that Ranka was closer to on-model than some others, Sheryl in particular. I agree about the "anime school-life episode" and odd pacing.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Closed Thread

Tags
high school