AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-01-03, 09:32   Link #49921
demino_hellsin
That one guy

ye gods... writing never felt so horrid in my entire life. I feel like I have word diarhea... not the good kind.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 09:38   Link #49922
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

What is the problem? I recommend watching Super Hero Taisen Z just like I just did. Nothing can kick start your day (or night here) like a SUPER RIDER KICKKK!!!
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 09:39   Link #49923
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, either word diarrhea or word constipation which is just as horrible
Old 2014-01-03, 09:46   Link #49924
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Quote:
Orimura Ichika wakes up. He notices that his head is in his hands. He's been asleep on a chair. It feels cold, so he looks down. He finds stainless steel staring him back in the face. A desk is before him and he is occuying it. He looks around and sees the expectant looks of many females his age. He's in school. Not just any school, the most prestigious school in the world with the most high tech facilities in all mankind. Orimura Ichika is attending IS academy.

The walls are white washed, but not painfully so, they give a faint feeling of summer and warmth which explains how he fell asleep. The view to his left, over his classmates, was a clear sky through a window. Sunlight is streaming in but it's overshadowed by the fluorescent lights inside.

“Orimura-kun. Orimura-kun!”

He turns his head. A pretty lady with short green hair and a bust size that could only be described as cow-like was staring at him with the most imploring look he'd ever seen.

“I-I know this is boring to you Orimura-kun but you have to properly introduce yourself to the class.”, she says while leaning over the desk. Ichika notices that because she's rather top heavy, she was about to lose balance.

“UWA!”

She slips, but never falls. Ichika has her by the shoulders. “Are you okay?”, he questions her gently.

“Y-Yes... Yes I am.”, The woman composes herself as the sensation of the boy being so close makes her inexperienced heart beat after that exhilarating incident. “Please go ahead and introduce yourself.”.

The young man steps up to the podium. If there was one thing that was neglect to mention about ISA, it was the fact it was an all-girl's school, and he was the only male in it. He looked over them all and they responded with the most scrutinizing gaze they could come up with. It was an intense feeling. Even the most perverted of men who would be delighted in this situation would feel embarassed. But Ichika was different. He was neither happy nor bashful. In fact, he barely registered the people who were in the room as being there at all. He was asked to introduce himself and so he went throught he motions with a bow to open up.

“Good morning, my name is Orimura Ichika. I'l be spending the next three years with you all. I hope we get along. Please take care of me.”.

It was neither too short nor was it too filled with flair. It was just the standard greeting ingrained into each and every Japanese student since kindergarden. It left all the girls disappointed as they released their collectively held breaths.

Pleasing other people was far from Ichika's mind though. What concerned him was the weight pressing against his left ribcage. An important thing that reminded him of how he got in here in the first place.

Sorry, but I choose my own destiny.

Too bad, destiny has already chosen you.

The sound of the sliding door sends the boy back to reality, his right hand subconsciously hovering over the object burdening him. The voices in his mind don't leave, he still hears them hissing in his ear.

...choose...

...chosen...

Something slams onto the teacher's desk. It's so loud even Ichika is pulled from what haunts him. In front of him is a woman in a black miniskirt and business coat and tie. He'd recognize that black ponytail anywhere.

“Nee-san?”

WHAP!

Ichika learns first hand exactly what the table felt when his sister slammed the class register. Only ten times worse as she used the bound edge.

“Call me Orimura-sensei when in school.”, she instructs with a pointed look. She turns that razor gaze to the bespectacled woman behind the desk. “Yamada, sorry for making you take care of introductions. I know you're just a student instructor but the meeting just lasted forever.”

Yamada smiled meekly, “It's no trouble to me senpai.”

Orimura Chifuyu, Ichika's elder sister, is a teacher at ISA. This was news to him, she never said anything at home. In fact she was rarely home at all. She never even told him her line of work. It was oddly upsetting that she kept this from him. Then again, he'd kept things from her as well. He reached over to his left flank again.

“KYA!”

A squeal in the back row served as the trigger to the cacophony of screeches and swoons that followed.

“It's really Chifuyu-sama!”

“Kami-sama! At last. My life long dream!”

“Have my children Chifuyu-sama!”

Things in the same vein were thrown to the wind without much care nor sense. Chifuyu herself was not pleased at the rather amusing sight. The throbbing of an angry vein the precursor to her angry shout of “SILENCE!”.

The din died down instantly. It was so silent that one could drop a pin and hear it echo. That sound was instead filled by Chifuyu's aggravated whispers, “Is everyone who comes here an idiot or are do they just gather around me for no reason?”.

She gathered herself easily enough to bark out orders. “Listen here! You were not accepted to this institution to laze around. You are the best, you are the brightest. You are the cream of the crop in your countries. But that only extends that far. Here, you are nothing. You adhere by no other standards than mine. Do you understand? If you do, nod your head. If you don't, nod your head. There will be a test next monday.”. The demonic instructor reached behind her and pulled out a thick hardbound book easily rivaling a dictionary. With a non-chalant toss, it crashed onto the middle front desk table, which so happened to belong to Ichika. “The coverage will be the contents of this whole book. You are to memorize it from cover to cover, and I mean that literally. If you wish to learn, you will understand the contents. If you wish to master it, You will memorize the contents. If you wish to pass my exam, you will remember this book word for word, verbatim in your mind. Are we clear?”.

Silent nods showed one by one within the room. Chifuyu does not even smile as she surveys the obedience she'd isntantaneously instilled in them. “Good. Home room is over. You are all dismissed.”. She leaves with a click of her heels. The other occuants of the room stare after her form, until Yamada the assistant teacher realizes she's staring too and has to leave with her senior.

It takes a few minutes for things to sink in. The girls start squealing again about how cool Orimura Chifuyu was as well as saying things about wanting to be scolded more. Ichika sighed as he fixed his things and wondered whether these girls were right in the head. He was just putting away his own copy of the thick paperback book, IS: A History and Theory, his sister used in an attempt to form a crater on his steel table. It was heavy mind you but he concentrated what arm strength he could muster to place it one handed.

“Orimura-kun!”

BANG!

“OW!”

And that concentration was gone in an instant. The book had fallen onto his finger and then his table. Needless to say it was quite painful. A girl walked up to his desk. She was fairly small, maybe about Ichika's shoulder. She had medium length black hair that just reached her back.

“Orimura-kun!”, she repeated, “Are you related to Orimura-sensei by any chance?”

“Hmm?”, the question seemed to confuse Ichika.

Some other girls caught wind of the question and gathered around him. “Is he really?”

“Well he did call her nee-san.”.

“Why would he call her that?”

The perplexed expression on Ichika's face persisted even as he sucked on his sore finger. His reply was straightforward, “She's my older sister. I don't see anything wrong with calling her nee-san.”.

“Oh my god.”

“KYAA!”

It was like something straight out of a murder scenario, specifically the scene when they find the dead body. The screams the girls released on finding out his genealogy was certainly blood curddling, he could attest to that.

“Hey hey! What's it like living with Chifuyu-sama?”, asked a short-haired red-head.

“Like living with your older sister.”

“Does she sing in the bathroom?”, another raven-haired girl questioned.

“I'm never anywhere near the bath when she's using it.”

They continued to flood him with inane questions about his daily life. Everything from who wakes up first in the morning to wether the two of them share the same bedroom.It was practically a breach of personal space and borderline stalking. Ichika had half a mind to shout “sexual harassment”. Alas, before he could do so, one voice sounded over the others.

“Ichika.”

Just like with Chifuyu, the giggling and the chattering stopped. But unlike with Chifuyu, the silence this time was ripe with tension. That one girl who spoke split the crowd with ease sheerly through her presence. They parted a path just for her. Ichika could recognize this girl anywhere. He didn't remember her being the popular type. “The same as always huh, Houki.”

part 1 because the post is apparently too long.
Old 2014-01-03, 09:48   Link #49925
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Well, either word diarrhea or word constipation which is just as horrible
I;d prefer Word diarrhea rather than constipation, because at least I can get some ideas out. Whereas constipation, I can't PUSH IT OUT!!!! (groans)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 09:48   Link #49926
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Quote:
“So you recognize me.”, she grumbled with her arms crossed beneath a sizable bossom.

He laughed, “Ofcourse I'd recognize you. You haven't changed since elementary.”.He raised his right hand to point at his head, “Even the ribbon hasn't changed in the past six years.”

“Six years?”

Murmurs went through the crowd of girls. “Six years ago would mean they were in elementary right?”

“They've known each other for that long. So that means...”

“CHILDHOOD FRIENDS!? KYAAA!”

You'd think the term childhood friends was something special from the way these girls were practically swooning about it. Ichika wondered if they were hit on the head as a child, or maybe some point of their life. Well, they were girls in puberty. He'd never met many but his best friend Gotanda Dan had always told him that girls in puberty are weird. Ichika could never say he disagreed, but now he could whole heartedly say that he did.

A hand wrapped around his wrist, prompting Ichika's attention. It was Houki and she was looking down at him with eyes loaded. There was a command and a veiled threat. “Let's talk somewhere else. Now.”.

He had no problems with that. Ichika wasn't one for noise. So the two exited the fanfare of class 1-1. Navigating the halls of the high-tech Infinite Stratos Academy. Walking along, Ichika had to admire the facilities. He was still far froming adjusting to this new reality of his. Their hallway was on the second floor. Not much to say considering the lecture building only consisted of four floors including the roof gardens. Everything was made out of metal too, the same stainless steel metal that made up his desk. The hallways buzzed with the excitement of young girls even as they hung behind their classroom doors and windows to watch the pair pass.

It seemed word travelled fast. Ichika sighed wondering whether the girls were satisfied to give him his privacy or wether they were invading it by spying on himself and his childhood friend. Looking around, something caught his eye as the sunlight in the hallway shimmered in different colors and then suddenly change in the transparency of shadows. It was from outside the window.

“Oh! So this is where the giant hologram sign is.”

In front of the lecture building was a giant hologram being projected. It proudly displayed the crest of ISA as well as its name. It was probably the pride and joy of this institution next to its students. It was the largest piece of technology derived from the IS. That's right, the whole academy sat on the cutting edge of the world's technology not because all knowledge of the world converged on it. Rather, it was formed by the knowledge the whole world wanted for themselves. Aware of such issues or not, one could not help but stare at a fully independent hologram image of such high quality.

The pair were now crossing the section of the building's facade called the bridge. The connecting structure in no way resembling a bridge at all. It merely connected the two wings of the U-shaped building. Ground floors holding the teacher's lounge, canteen, infirmary and other utilities. The second floor had the lecture halls for the first years and the second years divided into two wings. The third floor contained the lecture halls for third years as well as spare rooms for post graduate and remedial classes.

“Come”, Houki commanded Ichika, gesturing to a staircase. Ichika had not noticed it, what with all the drinking in of unusual sights.

He nodded and the two wordlessly climbed the steps. It was like that for awhile. Nothing but crisp steps clicking on marble stone. They climbed higher and higher until they finally reached the roof garden. Once they passed the doors outside, the portal shut with a soft click.

“Come on!”, a soft voice hissed.

“I don't think we should be doing this.”, protested a much gentler one.

“He~y. Wait for m~e.”.

“Quiet Honne-chan!”.

“Sayuri-chan Is this really okay?”

“Ofcourse it is Yuzu.”, the girl with straight black hair assured her doubtful friend. “As classmates, it's our duty to know their business so it doesn't compromise the dynamics and relationships that work in our great class 1-1.”

“And the gossip would be gre~at!”, piped up a girl in a fox costume like the one you would see on an amusement park mascot.

“I should've known.”, Yuzu rubbed her forehead. Her pair of chestnut twintails twitching about unhappily.

Listening in on the trio was a calm Houki. She was on the other side of the steel door and her hand still on the lock she had reset. There would be no eavesdroppers on their conversation. Heaven knows she's embarassed enough as is. Ichika on the other hand is like a little kid. He was looking around with his mouth set in semi-permanent awe. She supposes that it would be expected. The rooftop gardens were beautiful. With a lawn lush enough to be softer than a carpet and bushes trimmed like jade statues, it was hard to dismiss this place.

But all things must come to an end. “Ichika.”, so she ended his admiration of the surroundings.

“Houki.”, he turned to her with a questioning gaze.

She approached him, unsure of what she wanted to say. Just as much, Ichika was at a loss for topics to talk about. Both had not seen each other in the last six years. Neither had heard from the other in any form, not even a letter. It was hard to talk about anything when you're estranged with someone as close as they had been.

“So.”, Ichika decided to break the ice. “I saw your name on the newspapers. Congratulations on becoming district champ.”.

Houki's face colored prettily. She was taken aback at how he knew something about her but she knew nothing about him. “I-It was nothing. It was just the prefecturals. I'm not even national champion yet.”

“What are you talking about? District champ is a big deal.”, the former kendo practitioner reassured his childhood friend. “Remember back in the day when we used to hope we'd at least get into the second round of the seasonal meets? There were some pretty scary guys there too.”

A pout met his invitation for a trip down memory lane. “We were just kids back then.”, Houki huffed her cheeks up. “Lots of things changed since. I'm a lot better now.”

“Are you better than Sakurai now? She was really good with a sword. I remember you crying after you got knocked out of the tournament by her team. She went to Nishizaki right?”

“I did not cry!”

“I distinctly remember seeing a snot-nosed Houki for the first time in my entire life.”

“I did not cry!”

“Yeah, you definitely did.”

“W-Well then what about you? Why do you remember Sakurai Miki so well?”

“I had a crush on her.”, Ichika spilled with a straight face.

Houki literaly felt her pupils dilate into little dots. “You what?”

“I had a crush on Sakurai Miki.”, Ichika repeated seriously.

The female childhood friend was beside herself with rage. “WHAT!?”

“I'm kidding, I'm kidding.”, Ichika laughed as Houki practically threw herself at him in a bid to demonstrate the Shinonono style hand-to-hand combat.
part 2, where word diarrhea hit.
Old 2014-01-03, 09:49   Link #49927
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
part 2, where word diarrhea hit.
It's okay. Both Zero and I are nurses, would u want some word antibiotics? xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 09:51   Link #49928
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I think I just need to work it off. OOMPH!
Old 2014-01-03, 09:54   Link #49929
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
It's okay. Both Zero and I are nurses witch doctors, would u want some word antibiotics? xD
*fixed*

Yes please..oh wait I`m fine.
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 10:01   Link #49930
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
"Orimura-san, please come here and introduce yourself."

"Thank you, Ms.Yamada... Greeting, brave men and women from all over the world. My name is Orimura Ichika. Just that and nothing more!" The crowd going into wispering mode, which the two words that Ichika heard clearly is "Infinitus Lumine".

"I won't repeat why you volunteered to the Liberation Army. All I want to say is... Thank you!" He bow, raising gasp and murmur. "Thank you for believing in the Light that resides in each of you. Yes, we're still small, but also, we will win. For we fight not for fortune, land, power... Or any kind of personal gain. We fight for the bright future that we all yearn for. We use Justice against Injustice, Equal against Unequal, Life against Death. And the for in the end of the day, WE WILL TRIUMPH!!!"
Imagine Gaim saying that...
Old 2014-01-03, 10:02   Link #49931
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Welp, you're right Demi.

The second part wasn't bad, IMHO, the word chosen however doesn't suit your usual writing style. So it's kind of awkward compared to the first part.
Old 2014-01-03, 10:05   Link #49932
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: Ugh, I hate myself. But I doubt I can write that transition better than what I already have.

@fire: Wait... wut?
Old 2014-01-03, 10:17   Link #49933
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Yes, Kouta leading his own Rider army. Or better, Ichika with ten of thousand of Samurai, Yumi Archer, Ashigaru Musketeer, Sage, Bishop, Mercenary, Druid,... Oh, and should I mention several Frigates and Wyvern Rider battalion?
Old 2014-01-03, 10:28   Link #49934
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Ichika leading 100 Uchiganes and Rafaels into battle >.>
Old 2014-01-03, 10:39   Link #49935
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

... Against the rest of 300+ Cores...

Frankly, I would need something heavier than Rafale to be the Bombardment unit.
Old 2014-01-03, 10:42   Link #49936
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I don't think you should doubt the versatility of the rafael *coughYamadacough*

funny idea. What if all Rafael pilots had huge boobs? I mean it becomes a gag of sorts. And then when they realize it they all look to Charlotte with a questioning gaze.

Charlotte: I-I'm quite well endowed mind you!

*looks to Yamada*

Maya: Eep!

*looks to Charlotte*

Charlotte: I'M NOT AVERAGE!
Old 2014-01-03, 10:46   Link #49937
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Artillery, not just Tank! Plus Naval and Amphibious Units. And then there is the Sniper one...
Old 2014-01-03, 10:54   Link #49938
Akisa Akimune
L'anticipation du pouvoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
And here's my own question:

The skill rating of the pilots. Houki is a 'C' and Cecilia is an 'A', right? How about the others? And I take it that Ichika's rating isn't very high either...
If it was listed somewhere, just tell me where and I'll hunt for it.
Houki was a 'C' at the beginning, but now she is a 'S'., like Tatenashi.
Cecilia is a 'A'. (She thinks she is the weaker with Ichika, in one of the light novel.)
Ichika was a 'B', but is a 'A' now, thanks to the Second Shift.
Laura is a 'A'.
Same with Lin and Charlotte.
Old 2014-01-03, 10:55   Link #49939
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Unless you're aiming for an immobile turret, Rafael can carry a sufficiently large payload. I'd think a few missile launchers and grenade launchers for hand carry then smaller large caliber machine guns for soft engagement should do the trick.
Old 2014-01-03, 11:12   Link #49940
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yep, it's not like Raphael can use two 25mm gatling for no clear reason than penis envy

oh wait

(To be fair, seems to be primitive weapon and wasn't particularly powerful either)

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest