AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-12-13, 00:22   Link #4101
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Well don't be too sure. For EP 3 2nd twilight Rudolf is technically a suspect too. He went out alone to check on them after all. And nothing says that he couldn't be a possible suspect, since Rosa and Maria are only declared dead after he reports them in, according to the narration given by Ronove (or was it Virgilia. I'm sure it was Ronove though).
Sure, it's possible, I'm just saying that if Eva did do it, it's a perfect cover for the "real" killer (assuming it isn't Eva, which I doubt no matter who she killed or didn't kill), because it's a pair of deaths they don't have to arrange. However, they would lose the ability to stake them easily because they didn't know they'd died.
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 01:50   Link #4102
CainSonozaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by chounokoe View Post
Yet that would leave the question how she convinced Maria for at least a moment that she was Beatrice. If it was just turning up at the sick rose, she would have mistaken Rosa in Episode 2 for Beatrice, too.
That's why I don't believe it is Eva who appeared before Rosa and Maria at that point, but the person who appeared before Maria every arc before that to give her the letters. Well, that person could be Eva, but that would leave the question why she turned up dead so early in 3 out of 4 instances.
I been thinking alot of episode 3 trying to come up with some anti fantasy situations. I thought the same thing about the second twilight. However i remembered, at least in the anime (which is easier to find specific spots for me since i finished Episode 3 about 2 months ago), Rosa recognized her as Eva, but maria didnt. And when she says shes Beatrice maria acknowledges her as "Beatrice". But when "Predecessor Beatrice" comes She is recognized and acknowledged as BEatrice by maria as well.
CainSonozaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 05:27   Link #4103
Dlanor A. Knox
Crazy but OK xP

in short Maria is actually easy to trick
Well we can't trust the vieuws of others except Battlers, Ange's (she was also dectective so yeah.) & Erika's .......
Dlanor A. Knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 05:35   Link #4104
Joneleth
Blue Wizard

Send a message via MSN to Joneleth
Does Battler still count as detective in EP5 with the introduction of Erika? Unless he's given the rank of "Dr Watson"?
Joneleth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 05:38   Link #4105
Dlanor A. Knox
Crazy but OK xP

I think he still counts, because he wouldnt make up things, he just wants to find out the real culprit and not pointing at the weakest/unluckiest person like Erika did.
Old 2009-12-13, 05:44   Link #4106
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It is confirmed in Episode 5 that Battler "cannot" be the detective. However, this is true only for Episode 5, as he is still considered as the detective in Episode 1-4.
The detective in Episode 5 is Erika only. Battler is considered as the same as the other characters: a point of view that is subjective, and by this definition, subject to mistakes and misinterpretation.

This is confirmed in red when Dlanor is unable to deny the golden truth, but still question how Battler can be the culprit despite Knox's 7th commandement.
Old 2009-12-13, 05:51   Link #4107
Dlanor A. Knox
Crazy but OK xP

hai.... but that's because Meta-Battler only wanted to play with Beato, so in ep 6 he can be dectective again right?
Old 2009-12-13, 05:53   Link #4108
Joneleth
Blue Wizard

Depends if Erika is on the island in Ep6 or not.
Old 2009-12-13, 05:54   Link #4109
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

There is no way to figure how the game will go on. Since Meta-Battler is the new game master, there is equal chance for him to set himself as the true detective, beating Erika on her own game, or continuing with Lambda's fashion.

To begin with, there is no guarantee that Piece-Erika will be present in Ep6, though Meta-Erika will be, for obvious reason.
Even if Piece-Erika is present, her privilege as a detective was granted because Lambda let Bern do whatever she wanted, which is very unlikely with Meta Battler as the GM.
Old 2009-12-13, 05:56   Link #4110
Joneleth
Blue Wizard

Does that mean that If Piece-Erika ain't there, her Piece will be Piece-Battler while she's opposing Meta-Battler?
Old 2009-12-13, 05:59   Link #4111
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Not literally I guess: to begin with, Meta-Battler never "controlled" Piece-Battler (unlike Bern who was making her move with it, hence "Bern Battler").
If her piece isn't present, Erika will have to focus on Piece-Battler, but it is unlikely she can control him: at most, she will only be able to have a "non affected point of view", which is kinda risky, considering Battler's point of view was questioned in Ep5.
Old 2009-12-13, 06:07   Link #4112
Joneleth
Blue Wizard

I see.

Maybe Battler will allow Piece-Erika to be there, declare Piece-Battler detective and kill Piece-Erika at the first Twilight just to piss her off? :P
Old 2009-12-13, 06:14   Link #4113
Workworkwork

He'll let her live.

Only question is...

Does she know what sex is? Can she say she enjoys it? Uh-oh, looks like she has to provide proof!

woo-hoo, I still have my mind stuck in the gutter.
Workworkwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 06:25   Link #4114
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
There is no way to figure how the game will go on. Since Meta-Battler is the new game master, there is equal chance for him to set himself as the true detective, beating Erika on her own game, or continuing with Lambda's fashion.

To begin with, there is no guarantee that Piece-Erika will be present in Ep6, though Meta-Erika will be, for obvious reason.
Even if Piece-Erika is present, her privilege as a detective was granted because Lambda let Bern do whatever she wanted, which is very unlikely with Meta Battler as the GM.
Right, but at the end of episode 5 Battler learned the truth. He believes he understands the 'who', 'how', and 'why' behind every murder that occurred in all games. He was made the game master by Lambdadelta for unknown reasons... (Probably just to keep Bernkastel in that kakera)

No one knows what will happen in episode 6 but we can speculate on it based on Ryukishi’s Interviews:
Spoiler for Episode 6 Speculation:
Old 2009-12-13, 06:45   Link #4115
Joneleth
Blue Wizard

That still doesn't explain how all the survivors disappear though. I once thought that since the tagline of the series is "When the seagulls cry, none is left alive", that Kinzo had a breed of man eating seagulls that ate all the survivors or something like that.

But that's even more stupid than small bombs.
Old 2009-12-13, 06:57   Link #4116
Dlanor A. Knox
Crazy but OK xP

uwaa I'm curious >.< *jumps trough the room*
Old 2009-12-13, 07:12   Link #4117
Joneleth
Blue Wizard

The thing is the EP4 credits said Ange died in 98.
Old 2009-12-13, 07:18   Link #4118
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlanor A. Knox View Post
uwaa I'm curious >.< *jumps trough the room*
Only two more weeks to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joneleth View Post
The screenshots from episode 6 show Ange alive in 1998 so either we are getting a new 1998 world or a continuation of the 1998 world from episode 3's story line. I think the later would be more interesting but it would raise a lot of questions.

I don't trust the end credits. It obviously lied when it said Kinzo died on the fourth twilight in episode 1.
Old 2009-12-13, 07:18   Link #4119
AzureVermillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joneleth View Post
But it didn't state when in 98 she died.
AzureVermillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 07:21   Link #4120
Dlanor A. Knox
Crazy but OK xP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
Only two more weeks to go

The screenshots from episode 6 show Ange alive in 1998 so either we are getting a new 1998 world or a continuation of the 1998 world from episode 3's story line. I think the later would be more interesting but it would raise a lot of questions.

I don't trust the end credits. It obviously lied when it said Kinzo died on the fourth twilight in episode 1.
Yeah... best X-mas present ever

Did the credits really said that 0.0
(never pays much attention to credtis)