AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-07-28, 16:55   Link #2201
XFire
150% done

I thought he would keep aging normally till about his twenties or so, then sort of freeze in his prime. Isn't that what happened to the others?
Old 2012-07-28, 17:50   Link #2202
Ddraig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
I don't think I said that, at least not in that context.
Spoiler for V9:

Well, Verethragna did go around resurrecting, challenging and defeating several other powerful gods before he came to Sardinia... Nice detail, I guess?
This brought up a question, wouldnt Verethragna be better off go challenge other campione instead of resurrect other gods for him to beat?
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 17:50   Link #2203
nfsac

Voban has aged though not died since he is like more 200 years alive
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 19:02   Link #2204
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraig View Post
This brought up a question, wouldnt Verethragna be better off go challenge other campione instead of resurrect other gods for him to beat?
Well, he doesn't specifically resurrect gods. By his words, all he does is call out for an opponent and a worthy enemy will appear before him, which is usually a god associated with the local land.

I'm sure if Verethragna stepped into the Balkans he might have ended up dueling Voban instead. After all, Voban probably cleaned out every conceivable god that could be summoned in the area.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 19:16   Link #2205
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
Well, he doesn't specifically resurrect gods. By his words, all he does is call out for an opponent and a worthy enemy will appear before him, which is usually a god associated with the local land.

I'm sure if Verethragna stepped into the Balkans he might have ended up dueling Voban instead. After all, Voban probably cleaned out every conceivable god that could be summoned in the area.
does he have a weapon medium for that? much like anathemas against anything of divine nature? or he relies on pure skill for it?
Old 2012-07-28, 19:45   Link #2206
gevara20

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
By the way, has anyone addressed the obvious problem Godou will face as a Campione? He won't age so after a few years pass it will become obvious to Shizuka and his classmates that he isn't normal.
if Goudo wear mask like JPS, nobody notice.
gevara20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 19:51   Link #2207
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gevara20 View Post
if Goudo wear mask like JPS, nobody notice.
Or glasses like Clark Kent and still nobody will notice .

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsac View Post
Voban has aged though not died since he is like more 200 years alive
And he is about the same age of Luo Hao .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 21:52   Link #2208
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
does he have a weapon medium for that? much like anathemas against anything of divine nature? or he relies on pure skill for it?
It's one of his powers. From what I can tell, killing a god nets a Campione only one of it's powers. In Godou's case, he got V-tan's ability to transform. Kind of super-power lottery type thing. However, V-tan had a few other powers (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) including the ability to summon opponents.

On a side note, V-tan's other power that we saw was the ability to instantly master anything. Sports, magic, martial arts, etc. Would have been interesting if Godou had gotten that instead, no?
Old 2012-07-28, 22:00   Link #2209
Azure-Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
It's one of his powers. From what I can tell, killing a god nets a Campione only one of it's powers. In Godou's case, he got V-tan's ability to transform. Kind of super-power lottery type thing. However, V-tan had a few other powers (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) including the ability to summon opponents.

On a side note, V-tan's other power that we saw was the ability to instantly master anything. Sports, magic, martial arts, etc. Would have been interesting if Godou had gotten that instead, no?
What I've gathered, is when a campione slays a god, he (or she) gains ALL that god's abilities, but how many get mastered (and can be used), and how quickly depends on the campione.

Goudou HAS all 10 of Verehtranga's authorities, but he can only use a few because he hasn't mastered all the "restrictions" that go with them.
Azure-Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 22:03   Link #2210
Kadi
知識の探求者

Quote:

The "summon enemies"-thing might be a mechanic of the world instead. He himself just qualified as a reason enough to make a Heretic God to descend. But I admit "Making a Heretic God descend" would make for one heck of an authority, although "difficult to use".

The instant mastery might just be due to him being a god in general. Mind you, Godou right now can trash professional baseball players like it's nothing, too. As a human he had reached his limit, though, on a way, way lower level. If Verethragna has a similar foundation plus tons of experience and competitiveness it explains his sudden mastery. The rest can be attributed to the Youth-incarnation.

But I kind of do want to see how an "instant mastery"-authority plays out in combat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure-Priest View Post
What I've gathered, is when a campione slays a god, he (or she) gains ALL that god's abilities, but how many get mastered (and can be used), and how quickly depends on the campione.

Goudou HAS all 10 of Verehtranga's authorities, but he can only use a few because he hasn't mastered all the "restrictions" that go with them.
Yeah, but Godou's "10 in 1"-authority is a super-rare exception. Usually you only get one ability. A Campione always gets a skill that's useful to him. Since Godou can have the girls fill in for his weaknesses, he can use the ten forms, so he got them. Had Salvatore defeated Verethragna instead, he might have gotten only the golden sword, without limit and restrictions in use.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 22:17   Link #2211
bludvein

Verethragna's ability to summon opponents and master things almost instantly is probably a characteristic of his myth and gods in general. Its not a divine power exactly as defined by the series, which is why Godou doesn't have it. Sort of like that tracking ability Athena uses while looking for the snake grimoire, or the ability she uses to control the boat she uses when she "kidnaps" Godou. Its a standard subset of her characteristics as a god, and not a power that defines her like her darkness and snakes.

Hope that makes sense.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 22:20   Link #2212
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
The "summon enemies"-thing might be a mechanic of the world instead. He himself just qualified as a reason enough to make a Heretic God to descend. But I admit "Making a Heretic God descend" would make for one heck of an authority, although "difficult to use".

The instant mastery might just be due to him being a god in general. Mind you, Godou right now can trash professional baseball players like it's nothing, too. As a human he had reached his limit, though, on a way, way lower level. If Verethragna has a similar foundation plus tons of experience and competitiveness it explains his sudden mastery. The rest can be attributed to the Youth-incarnation.

But I kind of do want to see how an "instant mastery"-authority plays out in combat.

Yeah, but Godou's "10 in 1"-authority is a super-rare exception. Usually you only get one ability. A Campione always gets a skill that's useful to him. Since Godou can have the girls fill in for his weaknesses, he can use the ten forms, so he got them. Had Salvatore defeated Verethragna instead, he might have gotten only the golden sword, without limit and restrictions in use.
I thought the mastery is already a def set since he's nearly, or probably is, an all rounder depending on types. if thats the case, Godou can probably achieve weapon mastery with any weapon given to him, probably replicating a god's combat skill.
Old 2012-07-28, 22:33   Link #2213
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Quote:
The Campione Slayer is to Campione what Campione are to God's. We still don't know who he is, but according to Kadi, one of Athena's last lines was her regretting she wouldn't meet Godou again before the Slayer awoke. This implies that the Slayer killing Godou (who at this point has fought Salvatore, Voban, Lou Hao, as well as Athena herself and survived) is basically a given.
So you are saying that Campione Slayer would awaking, with enough powers to kill Campione that has kill the gods?

Wah these "Campione Slayer" must really lucky, cause they would awake with powers rivaling of the Campione without the need to KILL any god.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 22:36   Link #2214
Kadi
知識の探求者

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
I thought the mastery is already a def set since he's nearly, or probably is, an all rounder depending on types. if thats the case, Godou can probably achieve weapon mastery with any weapon given to him, probably replicating a god's combat skill.
Well, he'd need training... though I remember the Warrior (with the sword) gives him improved combat skills, especially armed, which the others don't confer. The Camel gives skills in kicking combat. The White Stallion or the Goat should give no regular combat skills, though. Not that they are necessary when you can turn everything into ashes...

And the "Campione Slayer", as everyone calls him, is basically a god with "kills Campione" in his portfolio. I wonder what kind of ability that translates into...
Old 2012-07-28, 22:57   Link #2215
Spica

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
By the way, has anyone addressed the obvious problem Godou will face as a Campione? He won't age so after a few years pass it will become obvious to Shizuka and his classmates that he isn't normal.
That would take at least some year...4 or 5 may be. The time in the series is still 10 or 11 months.
But i believe he will have to face that one day, perhaps he will tell them, at least his family after he fully accept everything.

Wasn't the Slayer also called the last king?
Spica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 23:22   Link #2216
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Quote:
Well, he'd need training... though I remember the Warrior (with the sword) gives him improved combat skills, especially armed, which the others don't confer. The Camel gives skills in kicking combat. The White Stallion or the Goat should give no regular combat skills, though. Not that they are necessary when you can turn everything into ashes...

And the "Campione Slayer", as everyone calls him, is basically a god with "kills Campione" in his portfolio. I wonder what kind of ability that translates into...
Oh Campione Slayer is a god, that make more sence then another human having awaked having power enough to kill a Campione.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
Old 2012-07-28, 23:50   Link #2217
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I guess the campione slayer had killed a Campione in the past? I mean, that's where his title is originated right?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 23:54   Link #2218
Kadi
知識の探求者

He's wiped them all out several times before, yeah, apparently even taking on several at a time.

And don't ask how Aisha got away, we're not told.
Old 2012-07-28, 23:58   Link #2219
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
So you are saying that Campione Slayer would awaking, with enough powers to kill Campione that has kill the gods?

Wah these "Campione Slayer" must really lucky, cause they would awake with powers rivaling of the Campione without the need to KILL any god.
I think it's one person/god/life-form. From what little I understand, it seems that he/she/it is the natural predator of Campione, and has some kind of huge advantage over them.

Again, this is just from randomly gathered spoilers and my own assumptions, so take with a grain of salt. Or a truckload, but that'd kill you so don't do that.
Old 2012-07-29, 02:27   Link #2220
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Quote:
He's wiped them all out several times before, yeah, apparently even taking on several at a time.

And don't ask how Aisha got away, we're not told.
Must be one of those Supreme Gods. Any hints to which one it is ?

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem